Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Dexo posted:

Nope, It was still decent, but no where near as good as the first season

This statement is a lie, season two of Agent Carter was the superior season.

It was Jarvellous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008
Sometimes I wonder if I ever actually liked this show or if I just liked Manu Bennett.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Alexander Hamilton posted:

Sometimes I wonder if I ever actually liked this show or if I just liked Manu Bennett.

Honestly, Stephen Amell's obvious enthusiasm goes a really, really long way towards making me want to stick with this show.

He's just so happy to be doing this.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Alexander Hamilton posted:

Alexander, you need to CHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSE!

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008
I also really liked Walter. He was a good dude.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Tiggum posted:

Arrow and the Flash have both been better this season than Daredevil.

ahaha wat

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

Aphrodite posted:

It's funny how everyone has forgotten the all over the place, disjointed, where is this going? feel of the first 9 or so episodes of this season of SHIELD already.

Lies all lies. This season's midseason finale is the best one I've ever seen, and the second episode was also utterly amazing.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
AoS s3 wasn't as good as s2 overall but trying to compare it against Arrow right now is laughable. It almost makes me pity Arrow.

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib
Oh yeah, it wasn't as good as S2, but those episodes I mentioned were instant classics. Arrow really needs to up its game

I'm dumb I don't get this joke. Why does it call her "Season 1"?

Caper fucked around with this message at 22:51 on May 27, 2016

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Caper posted:

Oh yeah, it wasn't as good as S2, but those episodes I mentioned were instant classics. Arrow really needs to up its game

I'm dumb I don't get this joke. Why does it call her "Season 1"?

Pretty sure it's referencing the type of mindset that Oliver (and most others) had in season 1, which is that the ends justify the means, no one is innocent, killing is acceptable (and even necessary), etc.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

The Arrow finale was such a lame fart. The fights were a joke, the pacing was atrocious, and there was no sense of an actual threat despite all the nukes in the world being deployed. They even hosed up the chance for Ollie's catchphrase to return in a satisfying way. At least Flash ended a bad season with a good finale, Barry's last minute idiocy aside.

Comparing the CW shows to AoS is a joke. Arrow can't even keep a coherent plot or character motivation for two weeks while SHIELD is running intricate stories that weave through a whole season while building on things that happened years ago.

I'm going to read the Daredevil comparison as a troll because I refuse to live in a world where such bad opinions are expressed with a straight face.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Do you guys like only watch genre TV? SHIELD is some sub-the comics it's based on stuff, just like Flash and Arrow.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
guys the book was better than the movie

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Charles Gnarwin posted:

The Arrow finale was such a lame fart. The fights were a joke, the pacing was atrocious, and there was no sense of an actual threat despite all the nukes in the world being deployed. They even hosed up the chance for Ollie's catchphrase to return in a satisfying way. At least Flash ended a bad season with a good finale, Barry's last minute idiocy aside.

Comparing the CW shows to AoS is a joke. Arrow can't even keep a coherent plot or character motivation for two weeks while SHIELD is running intricate stories that weave through a whole season while building on things that happened years ago.

I'm going to read the Daredevil comparison as a troll because I refuse to live in a world where such bad opinions are expressed with a straight face.

One of the ramifications for this is that there aren't any more nuke on the planet. Hooray Nuclear Disarmament! :downs:

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Xelkelvos posted:

One of the ramifications for this is that there aren't any more nuke on the planet. Hooray Nuclear Disarmament! :downs:

Or is it only NATO doesn't have nukes? Season 5 - CnC Red Alert!

Now we know how the Russian stuff fits in. ;)

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Burning_Monk posted:

Or is it only NATO doesn't have nukes? Season 5 - CnC Red Alert!

Now we know how the Russian stuff fits in. ;)

Well the Russians are part of NATO in this universe based on the events a few episodes ago and I think China also had some of its nukes launched based on what I remember from the finale.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Do you guys like only watch genre TV? SHIELD is some sub-the comics it's based on stuff, just like Flash and Arrow.
Literally no one has said, in this thread or presumably ever, that Agents of SHIELD is the best TV show around.

But even the worst of it was still been much better than Flash and Arrow this year. It's ridiculous to put them in the same range of quality like you keep doing.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

BrianWilly posted:

Literally no one has said, in this thread or presumably ever, that Agents of SHIELD is the best TV show around.

I'm sure I have at some point. Probably before Daredevil/Jessica Jones came out.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Well now my hyperbole doesn't work anymore, thanks. :mad:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

What I'm saying is that the only way I can believe some of the things people are saying about the show are actual real opinions is if the ones saying them are so unfamiliar with television that anything with moving picture is incredible to them.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

BSam posted:

I'm sure I have at some point. Probably before Daredevil/Jessica Jones came out.

please, please, please make time to watch a couple episodes of Columbo

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

boom boom boom posted:

please, please, please make time to watch a couple episodes of Columbo

I'll try, are there any episodes in particular I should watch?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

BSam posted:

You can't go wrong starting at the beginning

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
Agents of Shield is much better than Arrow, though I understand the urge to talk about anything else other than the complete disaster that is Arrow season four.

Agents of Shield has better plots and is able to pace them well. The mini-arc at the beginning of the season on that alien planet teases the villain and establishes the stakes for the final conflict of the season. Hive then shows up at the midpoint of the season and the viewer learns more about it and it's plans as it gains power leading up to the finale. The two halves of the season are split up to provide the viewer with a satisfying climax halfway through the season because 22 episodes is a long time.

Arrow introduces Damien Darhk and HIVE immediately and you have no idea what they want until the last five or so episodes. HIVE only exists to hire masked goons so that Oliver and company can have the same exact fight throughout the entire season over and over again. It's a 23 episode slog and nothing happens.

That isn't even getting into the fact that Agents of Shield also has things like, choreographed fights, CGI superhero abilities, and the ability to build a diversity of sets other than 'loft' and 'cave'.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Also AoS's Hive was much better and more threatening than Arrow's HIVE.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

ApeHawk posted:

Also AoS's Hive was much better and more threatening than Arrow's HIVE.

He was certainly more menacing. But Arrow HIVE had the better plan of nuking the world as opposed to SHIELD Hive where it would just turn 3/5ths of the population in the putty patrol from the power rangers.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

the putty patrol from the power rangers.

Yeah, I was thinking that the whole time. I kept waiting for HIVE to reveal himself as Rita Repulsa.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

He was certainly more menacing. But Arrow HIVE had the better plan of nuking the world as opposed to SHIELD Hive where it would just turn 3/5ths of the population in the putty patrol from the power rangers.

I don't know why I'm responding the a Captain Capslock post, but here I am.

HIVE wanted to nuke the world to rebuild society from a suburb the size of a couple city blocks. Hive wanted to have 3/5 of the world's population under his mind control. HIVE's plan wouldn't really work whereas Hive's plan would get him exactly what he wants.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Charles Gnarwin posted:

I don't know why I'm responding the a Captain Capslock post, but here I am.

HIVE wanted to nuke the world to rebuild society from a suburb the size of a couple city blocks. Hive wanted to have 3/5 of the world's population under his mind control. HIVE's plan wouldn't really work whereas Hive's plan would get him exactly what he wants.

A bunch of retarded slaves? If he had let John Hannah perfect the formula so it would create actual inhumans instead of mentally deficient slaves than yea Hive would be way better.

also I should have said "more dangerous to humanity" plan instead of "better" plan.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 02:15 on May 28, 2016

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

A bunch of retarded slaves? If he had let John Hannah perfect the formula so it would create actual inhumans instead of mentally deficient slaves than yea Hive would be way better.

also I should have said "more dangerous to humanity" plan instead of "better" plan.

The point of Hive was that he was a parasite who just wanted more hosts, no matter what. As long as he could "connect" with them, he was satisfied. That's why he didn't care if they looked like "retarded slaves," so long as he was controlling them.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

ApeHawk posted:

The point of Hive was that he was a parasite who just wanted more hosts, no matter what. As long as he could "connect" with them, he was satisfied. That's why he didn't care if they looked like "retarded slaves," so long as he was controlling them.

It's kind of sweet when you put it like that. Are we not all space parasite, in our own way?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Party Plane Jones posted:

We're talking about Squidward here.

What, people actually gave a poo poo about that plank of wood? Maybe I actually will watch the rest of season 3 if they finally killed him off.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > The TV IV > The Agents of SHIELD thread formerly known as the Arrow thread

raditts posted:

What, people actually gave a poo poo about that plank of wood? Maybe I actually will watch the rest of season 3 if they finally killed him off.

If you didn't already like Brett Dalton and/or Evil Ward the rest of season 3 isn't gonna make them any better for you. Like it or don't, but I do think it's funny that in even the Arrow thread, more people are defending AoS than they are season 4.

Edit: Sorry, I guess mine was the first post to say the name without spoilers

Argue fucked around with this message at 06:25 on May 28, 2016

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I can see not liking Ward early on but he ended up being the highlight of the show, that last scene was preeeeeety good.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Guys I hate to be that guy but can we not maybe spoil the endings of other shows in threads not for those shows?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Feenix posted:

Guys I hate to be that guy but can we not maybe spoil the endings of other shows in threads not for those shows?

Are you still mad about getting spoiled that Theon Greyjoy kills Bran?

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
This season was so loving bad we actually can't talka bout it and have to talk about other shows. Or about how much we miss Manu.

I really did like how much this show glossed over that

A) There's a magical backdoor into every nuke/NATO nuke on the planet.
B) This poo poo is the arm of some woman who looks like she bitches about everything at starbucks
C) all of these nukes get launched and there somehow isn't global panic/war
D) some lovely town got nuked yesterday and apparently nobody cares because there isn't some kind of retaliatory strike or anything
E) Seriously as far as America should know some little town just got wiped off the map courtesy of Russia and their first reaction isn't to just turn Russia into a smoking glass crater.
F) The world is apparently now nuke-free. This warrants no commentary.
G) The lack of Nuclear deterrent has no issues with any actual war
H) Nukes apparently hackable via Laptop
I) Nukes detonating in the upper atmosphere or whatever has absolutely 0 negative effects for humanity, no fallout or EMPs, no satellites or anything take any damage.
J) No one at all is apparently getting fired or charged with treason for the gargantuan number of gently caress ups that were committed this season. Except for the only good character on the show, because he decided that not lying for his crazy new girlfriend was more important than the only thing he's ever wanted to do with his life. Besides protect his daughters, which he failed at (repeatedly). Poor Detective Lance.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Did they actually detonate, or did they just fly off into space? I wasn't paying total attention by that point

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
That fight with Oliver and Darhk was so lame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

BSam posted:

Peter Falk starts showing up on-set pretty clearly drunk or recently drunk by the end of it, and in a sad way, not funny. Definitely watch the early episodes.

• Locked thread