Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

M.C. McMic
Nov 8, 2008

The Weight room
Is your friend

CitizenKain posted:

Hmm, checking the stats on tank compare show the gun DPM is inline with most other tanks, but the accuracy is still poor. I did see people saying the armor got a bump though, but was it enough to matter?

All the gun handling stats got buffed as well... just not to previous levels.

I'm very slowly working towards it. Of all the lines I've been slowly creeping up for years, I probably enjoy the US mediums the most. I'm on the Pershing right now. Still need the top turret and radio, but it's already a very fun tank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

M.C. McMic posted:

I'm very slowly working towards it. Of all the lines I've been slowly creeping up for years, I probably enjoy the US mediums the most. I'm on the Pershing right now. Still need the top turret and radio, but it's already a very fun tank.
It's a good line that teaches a lot of good mechanics of being a medium tank. I've kept pretty much that entire line in my garage. You'll have a blast once you get the M46.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

I love the Pershing, but I'm not rebuying it as long as it frequently gets T10 games. The Patton can take good chunks out of a T10, but I don't think the Pershing would do nearly as well.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

:siren:Straight off the bottom of the last page, it's my modpack for 9.15!:siren:

Contains:
XVM
Scope shadow removed
Battle assistant
Accurate damage indicator
Repair timer
autoequip camo/binocs/toolbox
Enhanced autoaim
Session stats
Dead white tanks
Received damage announcer
Metal Gear 10 second 6th Sense

M.C. McMic
Nov 8, 2008

The Weight room
Is your friend

22 Eargesplitten posted:

I love the Pershing, but I'm not rebuying it as long as it frequently gets T10 games. The Patton can take good chunks out of a T10, but I don't think the Pershing would do nearly as well.

You're right. My win-rate is utter crap because A) I'm bad, and B) I've only had the top gun for like 3 games. Playing against tier 10 tanks with the T20 gun isn't all that fun.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!

M.C. McMic posted:

You're right. My win-rate is utter crap because A) I'm bad, and B) I've only had the top gun for like 3 games. Playing against tier 10 tanks with the T20 gun isn't all that fun.

Same, I love the Pershing and the Patton KR but the low alpha means trades at tier 10 aren't worth it nor does the fun have the DPM to make quick work of many tanks, so I hover at just under 50% winrate in both (albeit with a small sample size). In tier 8 games both can be very effective, but I'm struggling to get too tier games in any of my tier 8 tanks.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

McGavin posted:

:siren:Straight off the bottom of the last page, it's my modpack for 9.15!:siren:

Contains:
XVM
Scope shadow removed
Battle assistant
Accurate damage indicator
Repair timer
autoequip camo/binocs/toolbox
Enhanced autoaim
Session stats
Dead white tanks
Received damage announcer
Metal Gear 10 second 6th Sense

Would it cause any problem to install a carousel mod over this?

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Would it cause any problem to install a carousel mod over this?

It already has a 2 line carousel. It's included in XVM.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Oh, okay. I guess that should be enough, since I'm not Polka. Does that also have the better filtering? It's really weird that WG lets you show only elited tanks, but doesn't let you show ones you still have more stuff to research, since that's what I want to be able to see.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Yeah, it has the old filtering options. They're part of XVM.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

M.C. McMic posted:

US Medium line has always been my favorite so it was pretty disappointing what happened to the M48 from PTR back when T10 mediums happened. The Pershing is still good, just the way the game has moved on hasn't been in it's favor. But that is a problem that isn't unique for Pershings.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001
I suddenly noticed they'd gone ahead and made a WoT version for PS4, and sinceI have one, I downloaded it.

Pro:
It looks pretty drat nice.
Friendly fire is off, you can't damage anyone on team.
No chat, so you won't see dumb poo poo in chat.
Crews have been simplified, according to one guy it's more or less like boats. You can basically get skills faster.
All the maps that have been removed from the PC version is here.

Cons:
Pubbies may just be a tad worse than on PC.
Friendly fire is off, you can't damage anyone on team.
No chat, so you won't see dumb poo poo in chat.
Trying to aim and move at the same time with a controller.
No friendly fire means arty doesn't give a poo poo about you hugging someone on their team.
No French tanks for some reason.
NO MODS OH GOD.

All in all it's not so bad, really. Can't really measure up to the PC version, with mods and all, but it's ok for sitting around on the couch and playing on your (presumably) huge TV. Doubt I'll play it very much though. Back to PC version? Ugh...I don't want to...

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
The Prince Symbol pansy logo makes me want to play this game right now :negative:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
Exia please show up and carry us for tonights tournament fights, we got the second most ridiculous bracket I've ever seen:

like come the gently caress on. There are four players combined on the seven opposing teams with less than 50% winrate.

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp

Hellsau posted:

Exia please show up and carry us for tonights tournament fights, we got the second most ridiculous bracket I've ever seen:

like come the gently caress on. There are four players combined on the seven opposing teams with less than 50% winrate.

Next time don't put goons in the name, WG is obviously fixing the matches.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Chillyrabbit posted:

i hosed up

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Is the color the average WR of the team or something?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Yeah. What you guys need is a 1800-WN8 shitler like me to ruin the average and have teams underestimate you.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Exia log on goddamn it stop loving Steelion's mom and help us win a Type 59 so we stop getting laughed at by everyone except Metro.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
It looks like my team didn't get enough people. If I could get Exia's log in info I could sit in for him.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Please don't help hallsau have a type59, it is written that he shall never have one.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

BadLlama posted:

Please don't help hallsau have a type59, it is written that he shall never have one.

It would just ruin all the magic of mentioning I have one almost every time I post.

Edit: Two more tourneys this weekend I put in for if you want at some free stuff. Let's get at least one of these running.

Captain Blaargh posted:

Get in here and fill the team out goons. Don't worry if you're bad. I am bad. We're all bad.

And here is one for Tier 8s on Saturday:

http://worldoftanks.com/en/tournaments/1000000198/team/1000045283/

Password on both: Blaargh

Edit 2: Tier 9 on Sunday. Get in. http://worldoftanks.com/en/tournaments/1000000199/team/1000045295/

Edit the third: All tournaments start at 8:30PM EST

Captain Blaargh fucked around with this message at 01:59 on May 28, 2016

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

BadLlama posted:

Don't worry, they will lose exactly one match.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Don't worry, they will lose exactly one match.

Jokes on you, we lost two! One because we went in short, a second because we're bad.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

Hellsau posted:

Jokes on you, we lost two! One because we went in short, a second because we're bad.

Why didn't you press W and click red tanks though?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Captain Blaargh posted:

Why didn't you press W and click red tanks though?

we bad

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Well then... time to unlock more?

Hey Celt, look what did it. Ha!

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Captain Blaargh posted:

Only 120? You sweet summer child.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Wait, they give a 20/15% xp bonus to tier 10s only? The ones where 90% of them come elite?

It's a compromise to encourage proper platooning. A penalty to failplatooning + a bonus to properplatooning = a couple hints for retards on how to do it right. Of course, the real solution is to simply prevent failplatoons from entering the queue in the first place, but this is Wargaming we're talking about, so.... :jerkbag:

Hellsau posted:

Hey EU server dudes, I found someone that basically responds the way most of the baddies on EU server respond when called out for their poo poo:

you can have them back

:allears:

MariusLecter posted:

The Prince Symbol pansy logo makes me want to play this game right now :negative:

We've missed you! :glomp:

McGavin posted:

Only 120? You sweet summer child.

Yeah, I have more than double that number in my garage. :magical:

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
German medium paper tank destroyers

Queue:
FCM 36
AMX 38
Tetrarch in the USSR

Available for request:

:911:
T2E1 Light Tank
Christie Combat Car T1 and Convertible Medium Tank T3

:britain:
17-pdr
Medium Tank Mk.II

:ussr:
LTP
T-37 with ShKAS
T-60
ZIK-20
IS-3
T-12 and T-24

:sweden:
Otto Merker's tanks
Strv 74

:poland:
7TP
TK-3/TKS

:japan:
SR tanks
Type 95

:france:
Renault NC NEW

:godwin:
PzIII Ausf. A NEW

Ensign Expendable fucked around with this message at 22:59 on May 28, 2016

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Chillyrabbit posted:

poo poo. My first tournament thing I've ever done starts in less than an hour and my name is Goonmacht.

Captain Blaargh posted:

:cripes:

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Atomizer posted:

It's a compromise to encourage proper platooning. A penalty to failplatooning + a bonus to properplatooning = a couple hints for retards on how to do it right. Of course, the real solution is to simply prevent failplatoons from entering the queue in the first place, but this is Wargaming we're talking about, so.... :jerkbag:

I'm not talking about the XP bonus in general, I love that. I just don't see why they're giving such a huge bonus to T10s in particular. It's just encouraging more people to play T10s when there are already too many T10s making running T8s awful.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Goddamn the new Scorpion feels good. :madmax:

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

Ensign Expendable posted:

German medium paper tank destroyers

Queue:
FCM 36
AMX 38

Available for request:

:britain:
Tetrarch in the USSR

I do like the Tetrarch. Do that one once you're done with the queue, if you would!

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

22 Eargesplitten posted:

I'm not talking about the XP bonus in general, I love that. I just don't see why they're giving such a huge bonus to T10s in particular. It's just encouraging more people to play T10s when there are already too many T10s making running T8s awful.

You're right, but I think in this case, the Wargaming logic is that they're giving a bonus to proper tier 10 platooning because the worst possible failplatoon is tier 10+1+1. Again, the solution is to simply prohibit that (which, IIRC, is exactly how WoT Blitz works) but Wargaming is pants-on-head retarded so this is what they've come up with.

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe

Hellsau posted:

Hey EU server dudes, I found someone that basically responds the way most of the baddies on EU server respond when called out for their poo poo:

you can have them back

Weak.

I have no clue who this guy is

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Rorac posted:

I do like the Tetrarch. Do that one once you're done with the queue, if you would!

Added.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Soulfucker posted:

Weak.

I have no clue who this guy is

:stare:

Welp, better start working on your soldering skills. :shrug:

First tournament ever. I went 8/9 and got 2nd place which surprised the hell out of me. Excellent recommendation for the DW2 Hellsau. It was fun as hell just wrecking B2s. One guy didn't even damage me once before I murdered him.

8/9 Would wreck again.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Here's another Luchs gif because that's what this game ultimately is for

http://i.imgur.com/ffYTiUL.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Pennywise the Frown posted:

First tournament ever. I went 8/9 and got 2nd place which surprised the hell out of me. Excellent recommendation for the DW2 Hellsau. It was fun as hell just wrecking B2s. One guy didn't even damage me once before I murdered him.

8/9 Would wreck again.

I got 100 gold for doing absolutely nothing. :toot: