Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Spiritus Nox posted:

Also, I'm really trying to like Zarya but I struggle to think of anything she does that you can't achieve more easily with a Roadhog.

Their ults are almost polar opposites

Zarya can rescue teammates

Zarya's laser is like 5x the effective range of Roadhog's primary for its optimal damage

I guess they both can self-sustain by hiding around a corner and waiting a little bit? Otherwise I really don't see the similarities

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Magical Lamp
Aug 16, 2010
Thanks to a well-timed enemy Mercy ult I got a septuple kill as Pharah earlier. Probably the biggest kill score I will ever get.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
This made me laugh pretty hard. We steamrolled this guy's team and he wasn't really a big fan of the hero choices his team made:

Also jesus christ Junkrat is so good. He's good in loving any situation. His tire is ridiculous if you can get it behind enemy lines without getting shot. His whole toolkit is so much fun. He's easily one of the most interesting characters in the game, TF2 Demoman ain't got nothin on this guy

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Zarya is much more of a team player. Also she doesn't give your opponent their daily allotment of ult charge by her lonesome.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Zarya's ult works way better with Hanzo

https://giant.gfycat.com/ElegantEntireAmazontreeboa.webm

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

The Missing Link posted:

I have this achievement. Attacking on Temple of Anubis where I got it. Basically, your team has to suck enough that they won't take the point for 10 minutes, but not so lovely that they get overrun and your tele gets destroyed. Also, they have to know your tele even exists. The problem I've seen is that the entrance is just sort of off to the side and is a sky blue color so you can miss it easily.

Anyway, here's me Genji reflecting a Hiiiiiigh Noon back at Mcree. Thanks for watching.
http://plays.tv/video/574908fc481492c745/check-your-watch-again

That's a crazy limited window to do that, at least compared to the other heroes. I really want to like her too but it just doesn't stack up with the other heroes. All of them have something to do. She hits E on her teammates when the spawn, puts down annoying turrets and you spam M2 in hopes you do enough damage to put down a teleporter before the enemy team overruns you. I think they should replace her E with the TF2 engineer's aid station. I think that would be a better use of abilities.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Spiritus Nox posted:

Also, I'm really trying to like Zarya but I struggle to think of anything she does that you can't achieve more easily with a Roadhog.

living, killing other people, winning

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Afraid of Audio posted:

living, killing other people, winning

lets be real, roadhog is a solo queue superstar

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Abroham Lincoln posted:

The circles fill in as you look at the target, based on their health. Higher health targets will take longer, and the damage is percentage based with the red skull being 100% of their health.

Thanks. Will try to remember this.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
make the health buff symmetra's ult and you give one person on your team 200 shield that lasts until either of you dies. dont actually do this but it sounded funny so im posting it

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I've only played a couple hours and I'm profile level 5, why do I keep getting put in games with people in their 30s?

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/4ldd17/a_20yearold_chinese_overwatch_fan_killed_while/

we found the 350th death from open beta -> launch

RIP

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Mordiceius posted:

I've only played a couple hours and I'm profile level 5, why do I keep getting put in games with people in their 30s?

because there aren't a lot of level 5s right now. alternatively because you won a lot and the game puts you against good people to see if you can swim with the big fishes (if you cant it'll figure it out)

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

quote:

So basically, the Chinese Overwatch community is now trying to spread out his story and, if it's possible, to have Blizzard's attention to this story of the heroic Overwatch fan, who never had a chance to play Overwatch. They hope Blizzard could in some way fulfill the young man's wish, maybe leaving vestiges of him in their games like they did in WoW (multiple memorial NPCs) and Hearthstone (the story behind Dreadsteed).

quote:

The young man, Hongyu Wu, tried to chase a motorcycle thief by riding behind him, and ended up with getting knocked off his own vehicle by the thief.

What a hero :china:

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Mordiceius posted:

Because either you're good enough to be matched with them, or they're terrible enough to be matched with you

beefart
Jul 5, 2007

IT'S ON THE HOUSE OF AMON
~grandmaaaaaaa~
I'm a gigantic dumbass and forgot to add the 4 digit tag to my Battle.net ID on the spreadsheet. In as BLOBLOBLOBLO#1652

Grammaton
Feb 3, 2004
Cleric
We did a capture objective A then B map tonight and it took us like 1 minute to capture both. We just ran to the first one capped it then ran to the second one. I have no idea what the other team was doing.

Another map the other team had 4 D.Va's and they were tough as hell to dislodge, couldn't take the objective.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Spiritus Nox posted:

They're very different characters because Zarya is an actual Tank and is good at saving teammates and herself from damage with her shields and then punishing enemies who try to fight through them where Roadhog is really a Defence hero that has a lot of HP and is good at catching enemies out of position and then murdering them.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Grammaton posted:

We did a capture objective A then B map tonight and it took us like 1 minute to capture both. We just ran to the first one capped it then ran to the second one. I have no idea what the other team was doing.

Another map the other team had 4 D.Va's and they tough as hell, couldn't take the objective.

Who were the other two? Because 4 D.Va's shouldn't be a problem for Junkrat/Phara

cock hero flux posted:

They're very different characters because Zarya is an actual Tank and is good at saving teammates and herself from damage with her shields and then punishing enemies who try to fight through them where Roadhog is really a Defence hero that has a lot of HP and is good at catching enemies out of position and then murdering them.

A loving Roadhog literally hooked me as I was about to point blank some rockets into Bastion's face which allowed the Bastion to just unload into me and I couldn't do anything about it. That was pretty :wtf:

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Jimbot posted:

That's a crazy limited window to do that, at least compared to the other heroes. I really want to like her too but it just doesn't stack up with the other heroes. All of them have something to do. She hits E on her teammates when the spawn, puts down annoying turrets and you spam M2 in hopes you do enough damage to put down a teleporter before the enemy team overruns you. I think they should replace her E with the TF2 engineer's aid station. I think that would be a better use of abilities.

She's absolutely amazing on certain (all?) defense maps. She can basically entirely lockdown one or two side routes, spam her M2 into the central choke point, and let her teammates skip like 30 seconds of setup time on every death. She's real good.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I really really really hope they add a domination/control point mode to this.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Also, are there any videos that go over all the characters and their abilities? I'd love a compilation video that spends like 2 minutes on each character.

Grammaton
Feb 3, 2004
Cleric

Macaluso posted:

Who were the other two? Because 4 D.Va's shouldn't be a problem for Junkrat/Phara

A loving Roadhog literally hooked me as I was about to point blank some rockets into Bastion's face which allowed the Bastion to just unload into me and I couldn't do anything about it. That was pretty :wtf:

I think one Mercy and not sure the other. We were a mess though.

Grammaton
Feb 3, 2004
Cleric
Zarya's shields should last more than 1 second. That's pretty cheapo, Blizz.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Papercut posted:

She's absolutely amazing on certain (all?) defense maps. She can basically entirely lockdown one or two side routes, spam her M2 into the central choke point, and let her teammates skip like 30 seconds of setup time on every death. She's real good.

How the gently caress does Zarya lockdown a side route with her 3 second shields and poo poo damage? Get more than one person on her and she's done.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
a. thats talking about symmetra

b. get better as zarya

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Grammaton posted:

She's already insanely powerful with it how it is, thanks.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Grammaton posted:

it lasts 2 seconds

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Papercut posted:

That's the theory but the practice doesn't quite hold up - especially for a support hero. And spamming alt fire is hardly a fun and engaging gameplay mechanic. Torbjorn at least has to run around to pick up scrap for his armor packs and his gun is very useful in close quarters.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
enjoy some more fishy as gently caress Hanzo arrows

https://gfycat.com/HarmfulSecondAffenpinscher

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
The single worst part about playing Symmetra is having to flick your cursor over every single teammate to make sure they're already shielded up, especially if you lose track of who's died (and who hasn't) because you were busy firing off energy balls or lasering enemies

Minrad posted:

Look at that Symmetra kill and tell me your immediate reaction isn't "No way"

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

The Scatter Arrow is win.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

I'm really bad at this game.

Also, I wish there were some map types that would spread the teams out more. So it isn't just a forever 6v6 brawl in the middle.

Bring back 2fort.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Minrad posted:

Every time I watch someone else's replays, I lower my mouse sensitivity some more.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Spiritus Nox posted:

zarya poops on one-two CC kill combos, but so do the heroes who have them so IDK

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

"I think this is my last game for the night, I really gotta get some sleep"
"yeah same"
"yeah"
"well if it's our last game do you think we should do something special?"
"what do you have in mind?"

winky face!

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.
Why is this game so fun.

I'm bad at shooters why am I playing this game.

*Picks Junkrat again, throws out some mines*

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Kaubocks posted:

"I think this is my last game for the night, I really gotta get some sleep"
"yeah same"
"yeah"
"well if it's our last game do you think we should do something special?"
"what do you have in mind?"

winky face!

It's worked every time. Perfect record with 6 D.VAs.

Those were some really fun games tonight guys. :D

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown
Do we have any trip reports on going Six-Hog? If everyone's on point it seems like it could be pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Kooriken posted:

Why is this game so fun.

I'm bad at shooters why am I playing this game.

*Picks Junkrat again, throws out some mines*
Because it's really good for us Casuals

I love it when people complain about Bastion, in my last game (we lost) we played against three Bastions, but there was me who tried to counter the three Bastions and everyone tried to play normally :rip: us

even quick play is pretty decent, I am pleasantly surprised