Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

A Sometimes Food posted:

He also likes to go fishing, so check the lake on the west side of town or the little docks on the river through town.

Huh was that in the trailer or just someone making poo poo up?

On the official site, both the bachelorette and bachelor pages have this link at the bottom:

(Secret marriage candidate)
Clicking on it brings up this page that functions as Inari's character page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

TurnipFritter posted:

On the official site, both the bachelorette and bachelor pages have this link at the bottom:

(Secret marriage candidate)
Clicking on it brings up this page that functions as Inari's character page.

Neat. Wonder if they'll fake out with a shapeshifting fox deal or not.

Does anyone else go out and try new vegetables or retry vegetables they don't usually eat after playing these games?

It seems like every time I pick one of these up I'll go and try to find a turnip recipe I actually like.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Has anyone heard anything about Rune Factory 5? I heard the publisher still wants to make it even though the developer went under, but I'm wondering if they'll really be able to capture that charm. If they can't, what the hell am I going to play after Rune Factory 4!?

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Turtlicious posted:

Has anyone heard anything about Rune Factory 5? I heard the publisher still wants to make it even though the developer went under, but I'm wondering if they'll really be able to capture that charm. If they can't, what the hell am I going to play after Rune Factory 4!?

:nutshot:

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

Turtlicious posted:

what the hell am I going to play after Rune Factory 4!?

this is why I can't bring myself to finish it

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Turtlicious posted:

I will keep dreaming for a RF5, and that the Rune Factory team is still alive in Marvelous somewhere

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Have any of you tried Stardew Valley? Is it good enough?

Also what's the Trigger for the Act 2 Bullshit? I'd rather just not trigger it and feed the dragon pancakes all day :(

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Turtlicious posted:

Have any of you tried Stardew Valley? Is it good enough?

Also what's the Trigger for the Act 2 Bullshit? I'd rather just not trigger it and feed the dragon pancakes all day :(

its decent while it lasts, but doesn't have enough content. i was out of things to do that were worth doing less than halfway through year 2.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Turtlicious posted:

Walking out of town, I think.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Sir Unimaginative posted:

Walking out of town, I think.

Yeah, the moment you step out of the gates by foot is when the event starts. I ended up not triggering it in my game for an extremely long time because I kept teleporting everywhere with the ship's wheel. :v:

Macavity
Jun 29, 2006

There never was a cat of such deceitfulness and suavity.
Fun Shoe

Blhue posted:

its decent while it lasts, but doesn't have enough content. i was out of things to do that were worth doing less than halfway through year 2.

How many hours in were you at that point? I have several friends who played 100+ hours before feeling they'd exhausted it. Far more than any harvest moon, by a loooong shot.

Edit: Turtlicious, the reason you're not seeing much chatter about Stardew is because it has its own thread. No one talks about it here because it's a very uncomfortable truth that one random dude on the internet made a Harvest Moon game in his spare time that's objectively superior to every game in this franchise on nearly every front (the later Rune Factories have better combat, but that's it, IMO).

vvv Uh, I'm posting in the thread about it cause somebody asked. Dunno why you're white knighting a series that puts zero effort into their games and doesn't give a poo poo about its fans.

Macavity fucked around with this message at 22:29 on May 28, 2016

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Macavity posted:

How many hours in were you at that point? I have several friends who played 100+ hours before feeling they'd exhausted it. Far more than any harvest moon, by a loooong shot.

Edit: Turtlicious, the reason you're not seeing much chatter about Stardew is because it has its own thread. No one talks about it here because it's a very uncomfortable truth that one random dude on the internet made a Harvest Moon game in his spare time that's objectively superior to every game in this franchise on nearly every front (the later Rune Factories have better combat, but that's it, IMO).

No, guys, I swear, Stardew Valley is totally better! That's why I'm posting in the Harvest Moon thread about it!!

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

You can unlock everything in Stardew Valley in about 50 or so hours of regular, non-min/maxed play. A lot of people have complained that they'll have finished everything halfway through year 2 (there is a farm evaluation at the beginning of year 3, so that's sort of like "the end" even though you can continue playing as many years as you want), but I don't think that's terrible when compared with, say, the way Story of Seasons/HM has stuff locked until year 4 or 5.

There's a lot of room for improvement though, and since it was developed by one guy hopefully that means he'll be able to avoid the bloat that plagues SoS/HM.

Stardew Valley is fun and cool and only $15, but if you're still not sure I guess you can wait til a Steam sale hits and it's like, two bucks or whatever.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Nondevor posted:

Yeah, the moment you step out of the gates by foot is when the event starts. I ended up not triggering it in my game for an extremely long time because I kept teleporting everywhere with the ship's wheel. :v:

Same here, then Venti asked me to get medicinal herbs and I decided to go for the ones near the gate. :(

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg
Stardew is a cool game but it's not better than RF3/4 in any way besides the actual farm/decorating features. I got plenty of hours out of it and it was definitely worth it, though. I'll agree that it's more fun than several HM games and quality of life features make a big difference, but I don't actually think it's a better game than the era the dev likes (BTN etc).

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

You can't play Stardew on a Mac can you? Right there is the reason I'll stick to HM on the awesome 2DS (I had an XL, switched and am way happier).

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

afaik you can't marry anime girls in stardew? so im not exactly sure what the point is?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Cake Attack posted:

afaik you can't marry anime girls in stardew? so im not exactly sure what the point is?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Cake Attack posted:

abigail's spirit animal is an anime

she's also kinda lame

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Looper posted:

abigail's spirit animal is an anime

she's also kinda lame

There's a connection here, I just know it.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i'm glad the existence of a non-anime farming game means we can finally have more arguments about the existence of anime

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The Colonel posted:

i'm glad the existence of a non-anime farming game means we can finally have more arguments about the existence of anime

the new tactic is to declare that everything that isn't anime actually is anime

god help us i think it's working

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

So what is this PopoloCrois: Story of Seasons thing and do I want it

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

Corridor posted:

Probably not. How big of a weaboo are you?

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Corridor posted:

It's more of a PopoloCrois game than it is a Story of Seasons game. And even then, it's basically a very straightforward rpg with no real strengths other than charm.

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

ok thx

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
It doesn't really have compelling JRPG features, there isn't a lot of farming, and you don't really marry anyone. Its dull but it has heart. Hopefully the next real Story of Seasons will give a Harvest Moon.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Who did you marry in Rune Factory 4, and why was it Dolce? The best.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i married raven in rf3

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

Turtlicious posted:

the horseman

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

Turtlicious posted:

i played a girl... :(

ya, tsundere horseman is the only good option for girls

i always wondered, if u marry dolce, do u have to enter some kind of strange and semi-abusive three-way marriage

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
I mean, I married Dylas too, but Arthur seems fine and cute, if a bit boring.

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg
Yeah I like Arthur too, I felt super bad when he talked w/me about trust because I was already dating behind his back

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Corridor posted:

i always wondered, if u marry dolce, do u have to enter some kind of strange and semi-abusive three-way marriage

No it's a way creepier adoption of Dolce, while also trying to date her.

e: you and pico unironically try and raise Dolce into adulthood.

Fru Fru
Sep 14, 2007
We're gonna need a bigger boat...and some water.
I married Dylas too but Doug was a close second. His proposal was very endearing.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

The Colonel posted:

i married raven in rf3

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

I pity the fools that didn't marry the best elf.

Oh well, as long we all agree that the worst were incest girl and food girl.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

gmq posted:

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

gmq posted:

im pretty sure that ppl who didn't marry daria do not exist

also i kinda always assumed that trying to marry carmen just ended up in you marrying carlos

e. how did daria manage to have such a boring sister

Corridor fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Jun 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

Turtlicious posted:

No it's a way creepier adoption of Dolce, while also trying to date her.

e: you and pico unironically try and raise Dolce into adulthood.

that's actually worse than I imagined

• Locked thread