Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuubi
Jan 18, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Maugrim posted:

I'm very sorry I bought my fighter bronze mail in advance of this fight, obviously that's what you are referring to

I gave Urist some leather armor... maybe he refers to that? (Probably not :cheeky:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

AJ_Impy posted:

If Jakob had secured 4 kills instead of Face getting one, he would have ended his career with exactly as many kills as the rest of his team put together. As it is, only two less than that mark tells its own story.
Whatever, I'm just happy we went out with a good win.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
:siren: Round 18, Fight 2 :siren:

Worse Munki (12-5), the home team, is on the left side of the arena.
Experiment Twenty-Two (fallingdownjoe) is a female tigerman. She wields an iron long sword and wears an iron helm, leather armor, an iron mail shirt, and iron gauntlets.
Strangler Than Fiction (Tunicate) is a female strangler. She is empty handed and wears an iron helm, leather armor, a steel mail shirt, a copper mail shirt, copper leggings, bronze gauntlets, and copper low boots.
SRIRACHA FARTSTORM RETURNS (Pittsburgh Lambic) is a male elf. He wields a silver war hammer and wears an iron mail shirt, leather leggings, iron gauntlets, and leather high boots.
Chaz Steadyfist (Segway Rave) is a male werewolf. He wields an iron halberd and a wooden shield and wears a silver helm, leather armor, leather leggings, and leather gauntlets.

Two Chicks with Dicks (10-7), the visiting team, is on the right side of the arena.
Suck & gently caress Pighead (Dirty Frank) is a female goblin. She wields a silver war hammer and wears an iron helm and an iron mail shirt.
Bo (Haystack) is a male human. He wields a bronze short sword and a wooden shield and wears an iron cap, an iron mail shirt, leather leggings, leather gauntlets, and leather high boots.
Stumpy (Mygna) is a female dwarf. She wields an iron great axe and wears a copper mail shirt, bronze gauntlets, and bronze high boots.
Richard Kyanka (Lorrdernie) is a male dark gnome. He wields a bronze large dagger and a wooden buckler and wears no armor.

Worse Munki is a 4.62 to 1 betting favorite in this match with 11580.00 dwarfbucks in total bets placed on them, compared to 2504.00 dwarfbucks for Two Chicks with Dicks.

You motherfuckers. I bet on Worse Munki when it was like 1:1 and I had a chance at doubling my money. Now I get like 83 out of my 80 if they win. If I had known the ratio was going to shift I would have bet on the other team for the longshot. :argh:

The fighters clash. Bo's first swing is parried by SRIRACHA, but his backswing removes Stranglers head from his shoulders. :aaa:

This is fine. They can handle this. They have Chaz.

Stumpy removes Chaz's left arm. His halberd clangs to the floor. :aaaaa:

Suck and gently caress shatters Experiment 22's tail, leg, paw, and lungs. Experiment 22 checks out.

Chaz sprays blood everywhere, but no one is even paying attention to him anymore.

Chaz manages to get back into the fight just as Suck and gently caress crushes Experiment 22's skull. Chaz loses a foot to Stumpy. SRIRACHA grounds Richard Kyanka with a shattered foot.

There's gonna be some rich people after this fight...

Richard cuts deep into Chaz's neck, but Bo's sword is still stuck in Chaz's spine when he finally bleeds to death so the kill goes to Bo.

SRIRACHA looks at the 3 perfectly healthy gladiators and the crawling Richard Kyanka coming after him.

"This is fine. is what SRIRACHA is thinking at this moment.

"Aaaaaaah, time out, time out!"

Bo collects his second head of the fight.

Two Chicks with Dicks made that look easy with a 4-0 nearly-flawless victory. Seriously, one chopped up foot for Richard was all other than some bruises. Insane.

Kills:
Bo: 3
Suck and gently caress: 1

Combat Log

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I don't understand this loving game.

I double and triple checked the marcos after this and they were right, no fuckups so I don't get it. But it's not like Worse Munki was fighting Lightly Whipped or CRAP or something.

Stumpy and Bo are deadly, add in Suck and gently caress and Richard and they're a very deadly team. When they get an assload of points for playoffs they'll be fun to watch.

Mygna
Sep 12, 2011
I never expected to come this close to tying the division in the end. Oh, and:

:homebrew:

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

IT'S GARBAGE DAY AT WENDY'S FUCK YEAH WE EATIN GOOD TONIGHT

Spermy Smurf posted:

I don't understand this loving game.

I double and triple checked the marcos after this and they were right, no fuckups so I don't get it. But it's not like Worse Munki was fighting Lightly Whipped or CRAP or something.

Stumpy and Bo are deadly, add in Suck and gently caress and Richard and they're a very deadly team. When they get an assload of points for playoffs they'll be fun to watch.

More important is me being robbed of an additional regular season kill. :colbert:

Really though our team is very glass cannon, our main problems seem to have been getting through the thick armor of larger armored fighters.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Tiler Kiwi posted:

did mydad get drunk and was so overcome with the spirit of the working class that he sold his gear?

Well, I did ingest a lot of alcohol at one point, and I would have sold all my gear had the round not been locked quite so quickly. :v:

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
2 Chicks with Dicks end the regular season on 52 kills, the fifth team to rack up a half century. Right at the death, Bo finally stands out from the rest of the team on a creditable 17 kills, but as they've already unlocked the achieve for every gladiator hitting at least ten, that is but icing on a successfully delicious murdercake.

Worse Munki's reliance on Chaz was made stark here when he lost his weapon arm, leaving him biting the nails of his remaining forelimb to see if he ends the season in equal first place. In like Flynn, level on 25 kills, needs just one to take sole first, with James LargeSausage needing a brace, or one more than Flynn. Chaz could finish as low as fifth, if both Dusseldwarf and Snarls Barkley can pull off a last round clean sweep.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
I don't understand this game, either. :psyduck:

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
What the gently caress happened there.

Edit: Seriously - I checked the logs and gently caress and Suck parried about four of Experiment 22's shots using the warhammer, even before she was otherwise hurt. Madness!

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!

Pickled Tink posted:

I just ran Team Laser Explosion VS Tarantino Film.

It took over two hours to run the fight.

I hate both teams so much right now. I also hate armour. I'm not even going to touch it again today, so don't get your hopes up until at least tomorrow. Now I'm going to go try and drown my spite in goat simulator.

I'm guessing the guy who's entirely in steel, forces people to drop their weapons and kills very slowly bears most of the blame. Sorry!

That said, sounds like a real nail-biter where I'm the hero and/or villain.

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

I have no idea why Bo has been so deadly the last couple of fights. He's always been pretty consistent (when he doesn't go down like a chump in the first exchange, that is), I suppose it could just be a good run of luck.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
:siren: Round 18, Fight 4 :siren:

A furry, a farmer, and two cows (5-12), the home team, is on the left side of the arena.
Goku (Galick) is a male tigerman. He is empty handed and wears an iron cap, an iron mail shirt, copper leggings, copper gauntlets, and leather high boots.
Dontellim Pike (John Charity Spring) is a male human. He wields an iron pike and wears an iron helm, leather armor, an iron mail shirt, leather leggings, leather gauntlets, and leather high boots.
Min/Maxotaur (Anchors) is a female minotaur. She wields a copper large dagger and a wooden buckler and wears a copper helm, three copper mail shirts, a copper breast plate, copper greaves, copper gauntlets, and copper high boots.
Rob Ford (Tirius) is a male minotaur. He wields an iron two-handed sword and a wooden shield and wears a copper helm, an iron mail shirt, copper leggings, copper gauntlets, and leather high boots.

Spooky Scary Skeletons (7-10), the visiting team, is on the right side of the arena.
Tash Al'rhyn (tithin) is a female werewolf. She wields a silver war hammer and a wooden shield and wears a silver cap, a copper mail shirt, a bronze mail shirt, copper greaves, leather gauntlets, and copper low boots.
Three Gremlins in a Blender (AJ_Impy) is a male strangler. He wields an iron pick and a wooden shield and wears an iron helm, an iron mail shirt, iron gauntlets, and iron low boots.
Bad Munki (Coward) is a male kobold. He wields a steel bow and wears a leather cap.
Candy Corn Tiger (Klokwurk) is a male tigerman. He wields an iron halberd and a wooden shield and wears a bronze helm, an iron mail shirt, bronze gauntlets, and iron high boots.

Spooky Scary Skeletons is a 1.30 to 1 betting favorite in this match with 6202.00 dwarfbucks in total bets placed on them, compared to 4763.00 dwarfbucks for A furry, a farmer, and two cows.

The archer is on the right.

The arrow is off. I forgot to gif this.

Its still going.

Dontellim is unable to dodge and the arrow fucks his hand all up.

And then the gladiators meet. Tash fractures Dontellims spine, and the human drops unconscious. Three Gremlins sends his pick flying through the air and it embeds itself in Min/Max's chest. poo poo has gone pretty poorly for the home team in the initial salvo.

Three Gremlins yanks his pick from Min/Max and swipes Goku's left paw off. Things aren't going any better for the home team.

Candy Corn stabs Min/Max in the arm, severing nerves in the elbow and the huge minotaur passes out. This arrow vanishes into thin air. It's not in the logs, not in the combat report, and I can't find it when I go tile by tile.

Goku throws Tash into the air. The wolf slams to the ground a few feet away and lay there stunned.

Goku thought it was a good move, so he replicates it on Three Gremlins. When the strangler is in the air Goku scratches one of his arms deeply. Three Gremlins picks Goku in the arm immediately after he stands up, and the tiger checks out.

Rob Ford slashes Tash in the arm and the werewolf passes out. Okay, so that's half the arena unconscious except Three Gremlins, Candy Corn, and Rob Ford. Plus the archer Bad Munki providing support for his team.

Candy Corn's halberd ends the other tigerman.

Notice the arrow? No idea on this one either. Seriously, I can't find them.

And at the exact same time Tash's head goes flying to Rob Fords huge sword.

Rob Ford does what any sane minotaur would do: Run way around (2 tiles to the right, then up) away from Candy Corn.

It turns out to be a good move because Candy Corn can't get through Dontellim's helmet. He works on the downed human for about a minute while Rob Ford bruises Three Gremlins liver, then kidney, and finally decides to charge the smaller strangler. Three Gremlins is bowled over, stunned. Rob Ford capitalizes on this and chops one of the stranglers upper arms which causes enough pain to send Three Gremlins to dreamland.

An arrow arrives! I see this one! It's in Min/Max who is already unconscious.

An arrow arrives while they work on downed gladiator heads! No loving clue on this one either.

Rob Ford finishes off Three Gremlins first.

A second later Dontellims helmet finally gives in to Candy Corn.

So now we've got 2v2, with Min/Max unconscious. It all depends on who Candy Corn decides to target. That will be the entirety of the match in my opinion.

He targets Min/Max.

Candy Corn blocks everything Rob Ford can throw at him while he focuses on the downed minotaur. Finally the cowhead collapses.

You saw the arrow? No loving clue again. I legitimately don't understand this.

The fighters square off with Rob Ford keeping an eye out for an arrow coming his way.

The bowstring twangs.

At least I know where that one went!

The gladiators do nothing really. A lot of parrying.

Bad Munki reloads, takes aim, and lets fly.

Well what the gently caress. Someone do something.

Aha! Candy Corn took advantage of the lapse of concentration in Rob Ford. A halberd suddenly appears in Rob Fords lungs and that's too much to handle.

Candy Corn takes his head.

Spooky Scary Skeletons pull out a 4-2 victory despite being the visitors and only three fighters in the melee.

Bad Munki has 33 arrows in his inventory. I know where 3 of them went. That leaves 4 unaccounted for. I don't really know, they've got to be in corpses or something but I can't find them.

Kills:
Candy Corn: 4

Rob Ford: 2

Combat Log

Spermy Smurf fucked around with this message at 19:27 on May 27, 2016

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot
Maybe home arena advantage wasn't so overpowered after all.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Jazzimus Prime posted:

Maybe home arena advantage wasn't so overpowered after all.

My theory is that the difference in builds is now big enough that those matter more than they did in the first couple of rounds where everyone was on a more equal footing.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Or maybe people fixed their fighters in the middle rounds to hide the glaring problems we all had.

When it's all done I'd like to see the difference between first 3 rounds vs the last 3 rounds.

Anchors
Nov 27, 2007
I really would've been more surprised if we had won. Our team was never really designed with fighting in mind.

For reference:

Min/Maxotaur, a female Minotaur fighter.

This fighter is participating in the 1054 Armok Arena League tournament as a member of A furry, a farmer, and two cows.

She has the following equipment.
Copper Large Dagger
Oak Wood Buckler
Copper Helm
Copper Mail Shirt
Copper Mail Shirt
Copper Mail Shirt
Copper Breast Plate
Copper Greaves
Copper Gauntlets
Copper High Boots

She has the following skills.
Level 1 Fighting (Novice)
Level 2 Archery (Adequate)
Level 1 Axe (Novice)
Level 1 Sword (Novice)
Level 3 Knife (Competent)
Level 1 Hammer (Novice)
Level 1 Spear (Novice)
Level 1 Pike (Novice)
Level 1 Lash (Novice)
Level 1 Bow (Novice)
Level 1 Crossbow (Novice)
Level 3 Wrestling (Competent)
Level 1 Striking (Novice)
Level 2 Biting (Adequate)
Level 1 Dodging (Novice)
Level 3 Shield (Competent)
Level 3 Armor (Competent)
Level 1 Misc. Object (Novice)
Level 2 Kicking (Adequate)

Min/Maxotaur has 86 points currently available to spend.

Edit: I was going to change her to a real fighter, but then the matches started when I wasn't looking and I decided to roll with it.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat

Anchors posted:

Fighter build

I see the min, where's the max?

:iceburn:

Seriously though Jameson has so much copper armor. So, so much copper. It would have been better and more cost effective to get pieces of iron armor a little at a time. And not bothered with so much armor skill.

AJ_Impy posted:

Sun Tzulander retires unblooded, never having killed a single opponent of the 72 it has faced.

Is this the only confirmed unblooded or is there one more?

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Why does Khajiit have to go to prison this time?
I was going to go for a more serious hammer tiger build but then I looked at my team, shook my head, and then resolved that Goku would abandon his Power Pole after winning his first match.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Is there an advantage to having all those level 1 skills or was that you just loving around?

Anchors
Nov 27, 2007
Mostly loving around. I wanted to see if the attribute gain from lots of little skills outweighed the gain from just pumping a few skills up. From what I can tell it does, but not enough to make up for being lovely with your actual weapon.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Cathode Raymond posted:

Is this the only confirmed unblooded or is there one more?

One more remains to be confirmed.

FF2C end the tournament with an unwanted distinction: The first team to end with none of their fighters in double figures. Lightly Whipped can only avoid joining them if Trump or Jupis manages a clean sweep and manages two blue on blue kills on top. FF2C are waiting on the Pals to see which of them is third last and which fourth last.

Candy Corn Tiger gets the clean sweep he needed to earn the honour of 20 kills. Tash redeems herself with a beautiful spinebreaker KO. Three Gremlins produced his usual performance, charge in, do a ton of damage, get killed eventually.

As for Bad Munki? Coward.

The Skeletons claim third best in the 'Best of the Rest' lineup, behind whichever two of the Syrupleaf teams (possibly Go Big) fail to make the playoffs. Three Gremlins' final build:

Three Gremlins in a Blender is a male Strangler fighter managed by you.

This fighter is participating in the 1054 Armok Arena League tournament as a member of Spooky Scary Skeletons .

He has 18.5 points currently available to spend.

He has the following equipment.
Iron Pick
Oak Wood Shield
Iron Helm
Iron Mail Shirt
Iron Gauntlets
Iron Low Boots

He has the following skills.
Level 2 Fighting (Adequate)
Level 4 Dodging (Skilled)
Level 5 Shield (Proficient)
Level 4 Armor (Skilled)
Level 5 Misc. Object (Proficient)

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I guess Tash will never be the head of a major corporation

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe
:siren: Round 18, Fight 5 :siren:

A Tarantino Film (9-8), the home team, is on the left side of the arena.
Uma Thurman (I R SMART LIKE ROCK) is a female human. She wields a steel two-handed sword and wears an iron helm and an iron mail shirt.
Urist McLee (Fuubi) is a male dwarf. He is empty handed and wears a copper helm, leather armor, and leather low boots.
Snarls Barkley (Bene Elim) is a female werewolf. She wields a bronze pike and a wooden shield and wears a bronze helm, leather armor, a bronze mail shirt, bronze greaves, bronze gauntlets, and bronze high boots.
Solomon Rabinowitz (Added Space) is a male serpent man. He is empty handed and wears a steel helm, a steel mail shirt, steel gauntlets, and steel high boots.

Team Laser Explosion (8-9), the visiting team, is on the right side of the arena.
Anthony (dasmause) is a male tigerman. He is empty handed and wears an iron helm, an iron mail shirt, iron greaves, iron gauntlets, and iron low boots.
Mogwai (Dark Off) is a female gremlin. She wields a copper large dagger and a silver buckler and wears a copper helm, leather armor, a copper mail shirt, and copper gauntlets.
Molegrim (Maugrim) is a male molemarian. He wields a copper spear and wears a bronze helm, a bronze mail shirt, copper gauntlets, and bronze high boots.
Turquoise Tonic (Hihohe) is a male human. He wields a silver mace and an iron buckler and wears an iron cap, an iron mail shirt, leather leggings, leather gauntlets, and leather low boots.

A Tarantino Film is a 2.17 to 1 betting favorite in this match with 9549.00 dwarfbucks in total bets placed on them, compared to 4399.00 dwarfbucks for Team Laser Explosion.

On the left we have clear favourites A Tarantino Film, which just goes to show a lot of people have no taste at all because his films are mediocre at best. On the right side of the arena we have Team laser Explosion who have, in my opinion, the cooler name. Will this be enough for them to pull off an upset? My magic 8 ball is hedging its bets with "Maybe".

The starting siren goes off and the two teams charge each other, as is the usual practice in these matches.

They meet in the middle, as usual, and engage in an exchange that is a portent of the fight to come. Uma Thurman swings her sword at Mogwai, who dodges aside. A moment later another flurry of blows comes. Turquoise Tonic and Urist McLee swing their weapons at each other, both hitting nothing but air. Snarls Barkley misses Anthony and Solomon Rabinowitz misses Turquoise Tonic. It is all very exciting.

Snarls Barkley howls with bloodlust and advances on Anthony, who scores the first blow of the match, reaching into the open mouth of the werewolf and grabbing her by the tongue. I'd make a cat got your tongue joke here but that is way too obvious. While I contemplate such a jest, the tiger man performs a takedown on the horrified werewolf. Uma Thurman, desperate to help her tongue tied team mate, bounces her steel sword off Anthony's greaves.

To one side, Turquoise Tonic battles Urist McLee, both fighting in the ancient ways of the coward warrior, flinging themselves away from each others blades.

Uma Thurman, still trying to aid her team mate, charges at Anthony. The tiger man feels a bump and is surprised when he hears an "oof" from behind him. He turns and sees the human woman sprawled on the floor. He shrugs and attacks Snarls Barkley again, who this time blocks the punch with her shield. Anthony then throws the werewolf by the tongue. Snarls astonishingly manages to block another punch, this time while mid air, with her shield before crashing to the ground.

Meanwhile the serpent man, Solomon attempts to bite the horrifying molebomination Molegrim, but the mole-thing catches it with his gauntlet. A second bite is easily dodged as the surprisingly nimble thing that should not be leaps away.

First blood finally comes as Mogwai stabs the fallen Uma Thurman in the foot, tearing muscle and severing a motor nerve. Turquoise Tonic, eager to show the ineffective snakeperson how it is done, sinks his teeth into her toe. She swings her sword at him, but he blocks it with his buckler.

Things get worse for Uma Thurman as Molegrim joins the battle, stabbing her in the arm with his spear and fracturing the bone, opening an artery and tearing ligaments and tendons as he twists the shaft. Uma screams in pain and Mogwai takes the opportunity to reach in and tear out a handful of her teeth. As she passes out from pain, Turquoise Tonic wrenches his head back and tears off her toe with his teeth, then keeps it in his mouth like a groteque cigar.

Solomon Rabinowitz and Urist McLee attack Molegrim, possibly to help their human team mate, but hopefully just because they share my disgust of the lovecraftian abomination that is a molemarian. The serpent man bites Molegrim in the rght upper arm, brusing the armoured creature but failing to inject any venom while Urist grabs one of Molegrim's fingers. Molegrim does not take this sitting down and stabs Solomon in the upper body, not penetrating the armour, but hitting hard enough to shatter some ribs. Urist then charges him from the side and they fall to the floor together, tangled. Unfortunately for him, Molegrim is the first to regain his feet, and takes a moment to peel the serpent man off his arm. Urist trapped below the hideous monster, punches them to no effect.

I'm now going to shift my focus because I cannot stand to look at that hideous creature for a moment longer. Off to the side we have Anthony fighting Snarls in single combat, seeming determined to settle the question of which creature is better: Cat or Dog?. This should be a good an entertaining fight without endless boring repetition!

Anthony charges Snarls and knocks him to the ground. Snarls stands up again and the two exchange a series of blows that result in the werewolf getting a minor bruise. Anthony charges Snarls again. Knocking him to the floor, again. Snarls stands up, again.

A cheer goes up from the stands as Turquoise Tonic stands up holding his gore covered mace in the air, saluting the crowd as bits of brains fall to the floor. Uma Thurman's head being an unrecognisable mush at the base of a large fan shaped blood stain on the arena floor. Looks like we have our first kill of the match, and it goes to Team Laser Explosion.

The battle between Snarls and Anthony drifts over to the molebomination fight, and Anthony briefly disengages to grab Urist's lower body. Urist, trapped below the bulk of a molemarian, shouts "Death is all around us. The horror consumes me." Anthony clearly having no desire to deal with a crazed and despairing dwarf, lets him go. Mogwai, however, is not put off and kicks him in the finger. Urist swings at the gremlin in retaliation, but she ducks out of the way and slices the dwarfs hand open with her dagger, severing many nerves. Just when it looks like things couldn't get worse for the dwarf, Turquoise Tonic bashes him in the stomach with his mace.

Above, Solomon Rabinowitz botes Molegrim in the lower body. Once again his fangs fail to pierce the armoured abominations hide, but he does manage to bruise the creatures guts. Molegrim looks sick, both physically, and of the serpents constant biting, and stabs him in the left arm. He also fails to penetrate the serpent mans armour. With a resigned sigh he pries the jaws off his lower body, hoping that it will ease his stomach upset. Spoiler: It doesn't.

Snarls Barkley closes in on Anthony and swings his pike at the cat, missing him and drawing his attention. Anthony replies by kicking Snarls in the left hand, causing it to collapse into a pulpy mess. Then, in a repeat of earlier, Anthony charges Snarls again. Knocking him to the floor, again. Snarls stands up, again. Instead of following this with a useless flurry of blows, however, the tiger man changes things up, surprising the werewolf by biting him in the upper body, bruising his spine. Snarls stabs frantically and futily at the tiger man in response.

Then Anthony charges Snarls again. Knocking him to the floor, again. Snarls stands up, again. Anthony then grabs him by the head and punches Snarls in his mangled left hand, shattering his wrist and driving the werewolfs bone fragments into the muscle of his hand. With a horribly cry of agony Snarls Barkley passes out from pain. Anthony, evidently sick of dealing with the werewolf for a moment longer, whacks him once in the head to be sure he's out and then reaches down and grabs grabs the werewolf around the throat before strangling the poo poo out of him.

Cats are better than Dogs. The arena has once again proven it.

Molegrim charges Solomon the malevolent molemarian masticator, knocking him to the ground. Urist McLee, finally free from under the terrible creatures body, climbs back to his feet and grabs the molemarians toe while the serpent man twists around like, well, a snake, and kisses out some of Molegrim's teeth. It seems that even molish abominations have standards, and the molemarian promptly vomits, narrowly missing Urist McLee. Solomon then bites Molegrim in the spleen, still not breaking through the larger creatures armour.

Urist McLee then performs an amazing display of strength and throws Molegrim by his toe, even as Mogwai attempts and fails to stab him repeatedly. Molegrim promptly stands up once he hits the ground, and then pries loose both the dwarf on his toe and the serpent man on his upper body. Perhaps distracted by this, Urist does not notice Turquioise Tonic coming until the human bashes him in the left thing and breaks his femur. With a cry of "I've been wounded. It's annoying." the dwarf falls to the ground.

From the ground, Urist McLee has a great vantage point on Mogwai's feet, and he takes advantage of this opportunity, and his proximity to the dainty littler gremlin, to grab her by the toe and throw her away from him. A big furred paw then lands on his helmet and he freezes as he stares into the eyes of of a growling Anthony. This was a bad move by Urist as Turquoise Tonic bashes him in the right hand, crushing it to a messy sack of gore.

Then, with a cry of triumph, Solomon Rabinowitz finds a chink in Molegrim's armour and sinks his fangs into the molemarian, injecting his venom. Molegrim vomits and manages one more slow swing at the serpent man, who easily avoids it, before he falls to the ground, fully paralysed, his spear falling from his hands.

Anthony, seeking to hurry things along with Urist, removes his paw from the dwarfs helmet and grabs him instead by the thigh, locking the joint and then bending it ferociously, collapsing the dwarfs hip. With a scream the dwarf passes out from pain, and Turquoise Tonic crushes his lower body into paste with his mace, killing him.

Seeing his last team mate killed, Solomon bites the paralysed molemarian in the head and shakes him around furiously, trying to score a kill for his team before what seems inevitable comes to pass. Sadly for him, Molegrim quickly recovers from his paralysis and regains his feet, prying the serpent off his head.

Anthony then charges the serpent man to the ground. Solomon pulls himself upright again quickly, but Anthony grabs him by the left forearm, and locks his elbow joint. Solomon desperately tries to bite Anthony, but all that he manages to do is expose his forked tongue to the tiger, who promptly tears it out. Not being distracted any longer, Anthony bends the serpent mans forearm and implodes the creatures elbow. Solomon Rabonowitz gives a silent scream of pain before he passes out, allowing Turquoise Tonic to crush his head and end the match.

The visiting Team Laser Explosion defeat A Tarantino Film 4-0.

Kills:

Turquoise Tonic: 3
Anthony: 1

Combat Log: Link

Pickled Tink fucked around with this message at 11:20 on May 28, 2016

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Huh, I dont think I've seen anyone recover from venom before.

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe
It gets better. A Tarantino Film would gave gotten the last finals spot if they had won. Now Team Laser Explosion is in with a shot for it. They'll tie for it if Go Big and/or Go Home loses their upcoming match 4-0.

Pickled Tink fucked around with this message at 08:43 on May 28, 2016

Fuubi
Jan 18, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Was that it for Tarantino's chances at the playoffs then?

Edit: just checked the arena homepage... very much yup.

Fuubi fucked around with this message at 09:00 on May 28, 2016

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
drat, at least I now know that unarmed tigermen have a chance in the arena.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
That was a great writeup and funny how the home team isnt doing as hot this round.

Also my teammate is winning some huge bets but refuses to bribe anyone so it is just pointless.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Yesssss that new bronze mail armour actually paid off! Thanks for a great fight write-up, Tink.

e: Looks like things are gradually resolving: two teams out of Team Laser Explosion, Go Big and/or Go Home, and Worker Cooperative will be making the playoffs.

If Go Big (home) do better than a 4-0 loss vs the Subterranean Animists (visiting) then they're through. Otherwise they tie with Team Laser Explosion.
If Worker Cooperative (home) do better than a 4-2 loss vs the Plump Helmets (visiting) they're through; otherwise they're out.

If Worker Cooperative go through AND Go Big and/or Go Home are tied with Team Laser Explosion, there will presumably have to be a tie-breaker fight between the latter two?

Maugrim fucked around with this message at 12:19 on May 28, 2016

Fuubi
Jan 18, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER
So... since Tarantino is out I might as well post my build. I present to you... Urist McLee!

fuubi, you are managing Urist McLee, a male Dwarf fighter.

This fighter is participating in the 1054 Armok Arena League tournament as a member of A Tarantino Film.

Copper Helm
Leather Armor
Leather Low Boots

Level 5 Fighting (Proficient)
Level 10 Wrestling (Accomplished)
Level 10 Striking (Accomplished)
Level 4 Biting (Skilled)
Level 6 Dodging (Talented)
Level 6 Kicking (Talented)

Urist McLee has 1 points currently available to spend.

The biting and kicking points were completely useless, and I spent points on some iron (I think?) armor a while back that I sold a few fights later thinking it slowed him down, so I wasted a lot of good points...

Edit: can't spell "out"

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

SynthOrange posted:

Huh, I dont think I've seen anyone recover from venom before.

I'm pretty sure it happened in one of the fights I ran.

Every time you get injected with venom, you get "paralyzed by venom for [x] turns more". So to recover from venom, you have to stop the snake from being able to continue to bite, because otherwise the venom keeps getting added to so the number only goes up.

Anyway, I know it's a little after my fight, but here was sn:

Copper Spear
Oak Wood Buckler
Bronze Helm
Bronze Mail Shirt
Copper Breast Plate
Bronze Greaves
Bronze Gauntlets
Bronze High Boots

Level 5 Spear (Proficient)

At no point did I ever increase his skills after the initial creation. I only ever increased his armor. The shield was the newest thing; I actually had 44 points left to spend in this final round that was supposed to go to getting some shield skill, but... the round started earlier than I expected! Turned out not to matter, though.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat

Pickled Tink posted:

Laser Explosion vs. Tarantino

I approve of this outcome.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Thus, Tarantino Film's unlikely but impressive run comes to an end. It took them five rounds to register their first win, more than a quarter of the event. They end it just outside the playoffs. Four defeats in their first four matches, five in the subsequent fourteen, they're my choice for best improvement over the season.

Worker Cooperative are in the unique position of either finishing in the playoffs, or finishing bottom of their group. Glory or ignominy awaits!

Turquoise Tonic just misses out on hitting 20 kills. Will they get a chance to add to their tally in the playoffs?

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat

AJ_Impy posted:

Worker Cooperative are in the unique position of either finishing in the playoffs, or finishing bottom of their group. Glory or ignominy awaits!

Will this be our Great Patriotic War or will this be our Afghanistan? We will soon find out :ussr:

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
we fuckin lost

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
I didn't join till half way through. I got her the iron and fighting skill and sold the leather armor:
Here's Uma Thurman, a female Human fighter.

She has the following equipment.
Steel Two-Handed Sword
Iron Helm
Iron Mail Shirt

She has the following skills.
Level 6 Fighting (Talented)
Level 4 Sword (Skilled)
Level 1 Dodging (Novice)

Uma Thurman has 1 points currently available to spend.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK fucked around with this message at 18:49 on May 28, 2016

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
If we're sharing pro builds, here's clearly the top build of this tournament:

Sun Tzulander the Philomodel, a male Elf fighter.

This fighter is participating in the 1054 Armok Arena League tournament as a member of This Bites.

Leather Cap
Silver Mail Shirt
Copper Mail Shirt
Copper Leggings
Silver Gauntlets
Platinum Low Boots

Level 1 Spear (Novice)
Level 5 Wrestling (Proficient)
Level 9 Striking (Professional)
Level 5 Dodging (Proficient)
Level 1 Shield (Novice)
Level 9 Armor (Professional)
Level 3 Kicking (Competent)

Sun Tzulander the Philomodel has 8.5 points currently available to spend.

Captaindirtnap
Apr 26, 2012

Keru posted:

If we're sharing pro builds, here's clearly the top build of this tournament:

Sun Tzulander the Philomodel, a male Elf fighter.

This fighter is participating in the 1054 Armok Arena League tournament as a member of This Bites.

Leather Cap
Silver Mail Shirt
Copper Mail Shirt
Copper Leggings
Silver Gauntlets
Platinum Low Boots

Level 1 Spear (Novice)
Level 5 Wrestling (Proficient)
Level 9 Striking (Professional)
Level 5 Dodging (Proficient)
Level 1 Shield (Novice)
Level 9 Armor (Professional)
Level 3 Kicking (Competent)

Sun Tzulander the Philomodel has 8.5 points currently available to spend.

Holy crap. No wonder the poor bastard never earned a name. That elf had twice his body weight in armor.

Slade gauntlets all over again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Also he is a striking elf. Dont elves have strength-- as a base stat?