Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

gleebster posted:

Old Major=Marx

Comrade Napoleon=Stalin

Snowball=Trotsky

This isn't rocket surgery, folks.

Then why'd you get it wrong?

Old Major = Lenin (Was the leader during the revolution, body (skull) put on public display, creates a power vacuum when he dies)

Also,...

Kicking Jones off the farm = Bolshevik Revolution

Hoof and Horn flag = Hammer and Sickle flag of USSR

Sugar Candy Mountain = Suppressed by the pigs in the same way that religion was suppressed by the communists

The windmill = Public works projects designed to satisfy a restless working class

The dogs = Stalin's secret police

Squealer = Propaganda

The threat of Jones's return as a way to keep animals under control = Threat of returning to previous classist society under force by capitalist invaders

Misinformation/Revisionist history/hypocrisy = misinformation/revisionist history/hypocrisy

Content: Cow & Boy is (was?) a good comic.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Are swirlies a real thing? they seem like they should result in jail time...

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Old Major had elements of both Marx and Lenin. Jesus

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Yeah, I liked it better the first time

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

Yeah, I liked it better the first time

The Calvin and Hobbes version wasn't first, either.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

canis minor
May 4, 2011

Eclipse12 posted:

Content: Cow & Boy is (was?) a good comic.

But why is Cow wearing a mask? :v:

http://helpusgreatwarrior.tumblr.com/

canis minor has a new favorite as of 00:23 on May 26, 2016

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

om nom nom nom nom nom nom
Grimey Drawer
I didn't like achewood then I read one that I liked and decided to start reading it in sequential order. Once I did that I started to like it a whole lot, having seen the characters develop and learning their personalities.

I started 6 months or so ago and am still far from finishing it but if you are on the fence about achewood I would recommend at least finding one of the early story arcs (the arcs are easy to find on the achewood website) and reading it rather than trying to get it based on random non sequential ones that people happen to like.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

om nom nom posted:

I didn't like achewood then I read one that I liked and decided to start reading it in sequential order. Once I did that I started to like it a whole lot, having seen the characters develop and learning their personalities.

I started 6 months or so ago and am still far from finishing it but if you are on the fence about achewood I would recommend at least finding one of the early story arcs (the arcs are easy to find on the achewood website) and reading it rather than trying to get it based on random non sequential ones that people happen to like.

yeah I hated it until I read the great outdoor fight and now I see the light

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Kind of over-reacting to the Hatufol Boyfriend iOS port, I'd say.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Eclipse12 posted:

Then why'd you get it wrong?

Old Major = Lenin (Was the leader during the revolution, body (skull) put on public display, creates a power vacuum when he dies)

Old major was dead before the revolution started.

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Old Major had elements of both Marx and Lenin. Jesus

Jesus? No, the Church was the crow, or some kind of black bird. Don't recall the name.

gleebster has a new favorite as of 19:47 on May 26, 2016

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

gleebster posted:

Old major was dead before the revolution started.

Oh yeah. It happened shortly after.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

what's this, boring arguments abound in my beautiful comic thread?!

:siren:Emergency comic dump:siren:

E:

By popular demand has a new favorite as of 21:33 on May 26, 2016

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

om nom nom posted:

im permabanned poster comicstomper58. i first started reading comics when i was about 12. by 14 i got really obsessed with the concept of “achewood” and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like “phillipe is standing on it” and “here comes a special boy” in my head for hours, and i would get really paranoid, start seeing things in the corners of my eyes etc, basically prodromal schizophrenia. im now on antipsychotics. i always wondered what the kind of “achewood” style of comic humor was all about; i think it’s the unconscious leaking in to the conscious, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of schizophrenic and schizotypal syptoms. i would advise all people who “get” achewood to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to a mental illness. peace.

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

Minarch posted:

im permabanned poster comicstomper58. i first started reading comics when i was about 12. by 14 i got really obsessed with the concept of “achewood” and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like “phillipe is standing on it” and “here comes a special boy” in my head for hours, and i would get really paranoid, start seeing things in the corners of my eyes etc, basically prodromal schizophrenia. im now on antipsychotics. i always wondered what the kind of “achewood” style of comic humor was all about; i think it’s the unconscious leaking in to the conscious, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of schizophrenic and schizotypal syptoms. i would advise all people who “get” achewood to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to a mental illness. peace.

Agree unironically.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
poo poo got real in the funny comics thread

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Only registered members can see post attachments!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Some more comics

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

I don't get this one.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

paradoxGentleman posted:

I don't get this one.

Look closely the last panel. It's DickBurnt

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

^^yup, the general weirdness wasn't quite enough reason for me to post this comic.

E:

By popular demand has a new favorite as of 15:03 on May 28, 2016

Greggster
Aug 14, 2010

idgi

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

^^yup, the general weirdness wasn't quite enough reason for me to post this comic.

E:

Thanks for reminding me of the best thing I've ever seen on god's green internet

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Steak Eater posted:

Thanks for reminding me of the best thing I've ever seen on god's green internet

Ah, the Sonic sprite comic days of the internet. :allears: I had managed to completely forget about psyguy dot com.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

11 year old me made a guest comic for psyguy.com. i felt empowered, to be on the level of such creative giants.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

11 year old me made a guest comic for psyguy.com. i felt empowered, to be on the level of such creative giants.

If I remember correctly, he's the guy who turned out to be a paedophile, so you're lucky it was just a guest comic.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Paladinus posted:

If I remember correctly, he's the guy who turned out to be a paedophile, so you're lucky it was just a guest comic.
Holy poo poo! My response to this was "whaaaat? no way," since as far as I remember, it was just a bunch of cute, low-skill sprite comics that were funny to awkward preteens. So I googled it, and holy poo poo, this guy had some kind of pedophilia and emotional abuse empire going on with his "staff." Just google "psyguy abuse" and you'll find a whole bunch of testimonials.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Holy poo poo! My response to this was "whaaaat? no way," since as far as I remember, it was just a bunch of cute, low-skill sprite comics that were funny to awkward preteens. So I googled it, and holy poo poo, this guy had some kind of pedophilia and emotional abuse empire going on with his "staff." Just google "psyguy abuse" and you'll find a whole bunch of testimonials.

I still remember the exact moment I realized all that poo poo was weird, because he was like what? In his 20's and his staff were mostly sub-18 if I'm remembering right and every other week there would be huge weepy "I'M LEAVING FOREVER" blog posts and then they'd come back even though they'd openly talk about how much they hated the poo poo they made for his site.

Then I realized sprite comics were dumb and awful and completely checked out of the whole thing.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

So they invented a Leatherman?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I was trying in vain to find the comic where a man keeps describing how life is meaningless and his psychiatrist just writes in his note book "blah blah".
here are some comics I stumbled upon:

also this thing

http://www.jspowerhour.com/comics/1

doodlebugs
Feb 18, 2015

by Lowtax
http://roilandtv.com/its-twissleton/

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Drinky Crow :allears:

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

I was trying in vain to find the comic where a man keeps describing how life is meaningless and his psychiatrist just writes in his note book "blah blah".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

pissssss

• Locked thread