Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skit herre
Mar 24, 2015

Don't do drugs, kids.
Lipstick Apathy
got some more knives :shepspends:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Too lazy to post a picture but I bought this 8-cube organizer to replace my ancient behemoth of a dresser.

tentawesome
May 14, 2010

Please don't troll me online
Bought this to play

while I wait for this to come out

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

colas posted:

soda talk - anyone try this poo poo yet?

The cola was pretty fantastic IMO. Not a big Pepsi fan normally but I really enjoyed it.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

skit herre posted:

got some more knives :shepspends:

The drop point looks great. Details?

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

TheFonz posted:

I bought this and been having a ton of fun. Very TF2, but fresh again.

Also this:

The wife and I are no longer super poor college students. I felt it was time to buy her a bit nicer ring. I'm excited for her to see it.

Sup overwatch bro?

Also, congrats on getting your wife that nice rock!

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
New grill:

Weber Spirit E-330.

Was deciding between this and the similar but pricier Genesis E-330. Only real difference (other then the Genesis having other color options) was like 100 more square inches of cook space.

It's just two of us and I figure the one or two times a year we might have people over for a cookout we'll manage just fine with the smaller one.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

DrBouvenstein posted:

New grill:

Weber Spirit E-330.

Was deciding between this and the similar but pricier Genesis E-330. Only real difference (other then the Genesis having other color options) was like 100 more square inches of cook space.

It's just two of us and I figure the one or two times a year we might have people over for a cookout we'll manage just fine with the smaller one.

Good purchase. Loving the one I got.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Wasn't very dad of you to get the smaller unit though. Still very nice.

skit herre
Mar 24, 2015

Don't do drugs, kids.
Lipstick Apathy

Scarf posted:

The drop point looks great. Details?

It's a Boker Plus Strike, pretty neat auto knife for the 40 I paid for it.

/e:

Or if you wanted my opinion on it: Played with it in a store today and for 40 I just had to buy it. The scales are the grippiest aluminum I have ever handled.
Centering and play seem pretty good to me. It opens with authority though probably not nearly the strongest opening automatic you can get.

It is rather heavy for a knife of its size but I kind of like that. Makes it feel pretty solid The pocket clip is tip up/tip down reversible and does it's job
but looks rather ugly and cheap.

So far I am very happy with my purchase.

skit herre has a new favorite as of 18:37 on May 28, 2016

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

You can buy knives in Europe?

skit herre
Mar 24, 2015

Don't do drugs, kids.
Lipstick Apathy
Weirdly enough, the knife i described would be illegal in quite a few places in the US.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Mu Zeta posted:

You can buy knives in Europe?

They even make knives in Europe. But only useful ones such as this one:

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I thought folding/locking knives were illegal in most European countries. I know some companies like Spyderco and Boker specifically make non-locking folders for those markets.

skit herre
Mar 24, 2015

Don't do drugs, kids.
Lipstick Apathy
That's just the UK. I mean there are limitations of course but nothing as extreme as our gun laws or anything.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Mu Zeta posted:

I thought folding/locking knives were illegal in most European countries. I know some companies like Spyderco and Boker specifically make non-locking folders for those markets.

Probably not in most European countries. Also, there are more restrictions on carrying knives than there are on owning and/or selling knives.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I bought an axe from a department store once and only realized I probably should've bought a bag as well as I was stepping out of the store, axe in hand, in the middle of the city.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Mu Zeta posted:

I got my first folding opinel when I was 8.

I think what is forbidden to carry are knives that can be instantly used like balisongs and flick knives

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

quote:

It is illegal to: carry a knife in public without good reason - unless its a knife with a folding blade 3 inches long (7.62 cm) or less

Our (UK) laws make about much sense as many of the US ones.

See if you can guess what kind of movies were popular when the law was updated:

quote:

There is a ban on the sale of some knives:

flick knives (also called switchblades or automatic knives) - where the blade is hidden inside the handle and shoots out when a button is pressed
butterfly knives - where the blade is hidden inside a handle that splits in two around it, like wings; the handles swing around the blade to open or close it
disguised knives, eg where the blade is hidden inside a belt buckle or fake mobile phone
gravity knives
sword-sticks
samurai swords (with some exceptions, including antiques and swords made to traditional methods before 1954)
hand or foot-claws
push daggers
hollow kubotan (cylinder-shaped keychain) holding spikes
shuriken (also known as death stars or throwing stars)
kusari-gama (sickle attached to a rope, cord or wire)
kyoketsu-shoge (hook-knife attached to a rope, cord or wire)
kusari (weight attached to a rope, cord or wire)

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

spog posted:

Our (UK) laws make about much sense as many of the US ones.

See if you can guess what kind of movies were popular when the law was updated:

Anime.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Don't really have a pic, but I just paid a dude to pressure wash out my main sewer line, so I can wash clothes, flush the toilet, and bathe again.

Thank sweet baby Jesus there wasn't a root problem or a broken pipe. Just a lotta gunk that got washed out.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

In Canada the restrictions on giant blades are less than on small ones, since what they're really concerned about is concealed weapons.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

DrBouvenstein posted:

Weber Spirit E-330.

We have the 2 burner version of that one and we love it. Good choice.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

colas posted:

soda talk - anyone try this poo poo yet?
Nah, didn't even know this was a thing! But I did try a can of the Black Label Mountain Dew a few weeks ago and it was pretty decent.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Nah, didn't even know this was a thing! But I did try a can of the Black Label Mountain Dew a few weeks ago and it was pretty decent.

It's not priced like normal pepsi either. it's like the hoity toity edition and more expensive. Was Black Label Dew like $1-2 more than reg?

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Pro post right here.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

strangemusic posted:

Pro post right here.

Looks like she took a poo poo midair and he caught the turd.

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning

After nearly 100 hours of tattooing I think i've finally earned the right to use some of this poo poo before getting my next one.

At 35 a tube it had better work!

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

Why start now? Tattooing your ballsack or something?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

sleppy posted:

Why start now? Tattooing your ballsack or something?

Because once you have proven that you're a tough dude hell yeah tattoos are just annoying to get. Yeah, it hurts a bit but most of the time its just obnoxious.

Wanting to numb some of that out so you can be chill during the process is fine. After all, people that claim you have to feel maximum pain to appreciate tattoos are the same jackwagons who test you when you say you like some piece of media they obsess over.

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning

Inzombiac posted:

Because once you have proven that you're a tough dude hell yeah tattoos are just annoying to get. Yeah, it hurts a bit but most of the time its just obnoxious.

Wanting to numb some of that out so you can be chill during the process is fine. After all, people that claim you have to feel maximum pain to appreciate tattoos are the same jackwagons who test you when you say you like some piece of media they obsess over.

This.

And also i suffer with spina bifida which causes the nerves in my right leg to be twitchy as gently caress and i get bouts of sciatica through it. When getting it tattooed it likes to jerk around a lot, i'm hoping to minimise that by not being able to feel the worst of it.

Also recently purchased:

A cheap rear end blender to make crushed ice drinks this summer:

A cheap rear end TV unit to house cable box, bluray player, amp, HTPC etc:

A cheap rear end set of knives because while cheap probably poo poo at doing any pro level cutting at least they'll be a matching set and not some mix of hand me downs and what not from over the years:

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum
I bought another patch to add to my awesome vest

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

colas posted:

It's not priced like normal pepsi either. it's like the hoity toity edition and more expensive. Was Black Label Dew like $1-2 more than reg?
Huh, weird. Nah, I think Black Label Dew was the same price as a bottle of regular Dew ($1.99 at a gas station).

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Top of a Point Break party cake.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

dpack_1 posted:

After nearly 100 hours of tattooing I think i've finally earned the right to use some of this poo poo before getting my next one.

At 35 a tube it had better work!

Squirt it all into your dick hole.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

big mean giraffe posted:

The cola was pretty fantastic IMO. Not a big Pepsi fan normally but I really enjoyed it.

Trip report: I tried the Ginger Cola too, and it is pretty loving delicious.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

big mean giraffe posted:

Trip report: I tried the Ginger Cola too, and it is pretty loving delicious.

might have to stock up on fancy colas before they pull them off the shelves

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Salomon X Ultra 2s for work

Nice to see some advancement in shoelace technology after a gazillion years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Salomon X Ultra 2s for work

Nice to see some advancement in shoelace technology after a gazillion years

Where do you work? I'm looking for shoes in a warehouse like environment.