Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Reinhardt + Bastion + Torbjorn on offensive payload should not work under any loving circumstances and yet somehow we stomp the poo poo out of pubs with it because they're awful.

How goddamn hard is it to flank a very slowly moving turret encampment, gosh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

straw man
Jan 5, 2011

"You're a bigger liar than I am."
Roadhog can hook Junkrat's tire and it ends exactly how you'd expect

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Reinhardt + Bastion + healer + team that actually protects against Pharahs and Widows is really strong tbh, Reinhardt is god tier

Tip for defense on the japanese map where you have that one wooden gate chokepoint: mei + reinhardt = v. strong

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Akumos posted:

goons are loving atrocious at this game to be fair

I thought D.Va's achievement to kill 4 with her ult was all but impossible in a post-beta environment. Goons gave her five.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Nehru the Damaja posted:

I thought D.Va's achievement to kill 4 with her ult was all but impossible in a post-beta environment. Goons gave her five.

You're talking to a dude who had to cheat to be a middling rank in counterstrike, his post is probably ironic

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Rocketlex posted:

Yeah. Having played a lot of Winston today I can confirm that a Level 2 turret is pretty much a hard-counter. Even if you get the drop on it, your gun can't damage-race it even if it isn't being healed! You might be able to do it by dropping a barrier in just the right place with the right timing but...yeah.

On the flipside, my favorite matchup with Winston is vs. an enemy Reinhardt. You basically become Jerry to his Tom and it never stops being entertaining.

With Winston you can use your barrier aggressively. It blocks shots going in and out. Jump up to a sentry, drop down your barrier, that turret is now effectively disabled for a few seconds. This also works for High Noon, by the way. Nothing pisses a McCree off like a giant gorilla dropping a barrier right on his stupid head and loving up his shot.

straw man posted:

Sometimes Roadhog can take one for the team.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBiFyWwhm-s

Even more fun is pulling a D.Va back to you if you can't quite get out of range/behind cover quick enough. If Hog's going down he's taking her with him.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
Tracer can kill the 200 HP heroes in one clip, too, but it is hard. You need to get a good bunch of the clip on their head, and be within about 15ish feet.

Usually they live with a little HP, and in those cases I try to blink through them or left/right, not backwards. Reload takes about as long as the blink, tap them one more time for the kill and rewind away if anyone else is around.

Biggest way to succeed with Tracer is to not get noticed before you engage, makes it much easier to get in range and kill in one clip. Also, McCree is a pretty hard counter to tracer, stun + fan the hammer will kill you every time. Winston is another, since he doesn't have to aim and you have no HP, and it can be tough escape him since his jump can travel very far.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Flashbang and headshot will kill Tracer guaranteed and you don't have to rely on the RNG possibly loving up and missing every shot.

Then again that would require McCree to press M1 which is anathema. I've played a few games where McCree's literally never going a single kill without fan the hammer. 27 fan the hammer kills, 27 eliminations.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

Ddraig posted:

Flashbang and headshot will kill Tracer guaranteed and you don't have to rely on the RNG possibly loving up and missing every shot.

Then again that would require McCree to press M1 which is anathema. I've played a few games where McCree's literally never going a single kill without fan the hammer. 27 fan the hammer kills, 27 eliminations.

Yeah, but why would I almost ever use single shots? If I'm up close, within stun range, I'm gonna fan because it's going to kill basically every character that's not a tank. Why risk missing the headshot or taking a fraction of a second too long to line up the shot when I can right click and win?

Single shot's fine for distance shooting anything that's over stun range/being really dodgy, but most maps make it relatively easy to get into closer range anyway. Plus fan will murder most characters too fast for them to react even without the stun. Single shot gives them a chance to escape unless you can land double headshots on a moving target reliably which is way outside my ability in a shooter. :v:

Photux
Sep 3, 2012

Funny then, that such darkness gives me hope

The Gate posted:

Tracer can kill the 200 HP heroes in one clip, too, but it is hard. You need to get a good bunch of the clip on their head, and be within about 15ish feet.

Usually they live with a little HP, and in those cases I try to blink through them or left/right, not backwards. Reload takes about as long as the blink, tap them one more time for the kill and rewind away if anyone else is around.

Tracer can do 240 damage with a single clip if all shots hit the body, so going for headshots isn't strictly necessary. However, that does require you to be very close and if you miss more than a couple bullets, you will need some headshots to make sure they die. But you're right that blinking through the enemy seems to be really effective; that usually makes them lose track of you entirely for long enough to snag the kill.

J
Jun 10, 2001

I've never liked trying to lineup a headshot on tracer after a flashbang because sometimes she warps a bit after the flashbang, I'd rather just fan and be done with it.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
What's the actual droprate for legendaries? I'm level 19 and I've popped two costumes so far. for roadhog and mei :negative:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Foul Fowl posted:

What's the actual droprate for legendaries? I'm level 19 and I've popped two costumes so far. for roadhog and mei :negative:

I've gotten 1 from 20 boxes

It'd be neat if you could get a guaranteed legendary drop at certain level milestones or something (10/25/40 etc)

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

If it's anything like Hearthstone, you are guaranteed rare drops every X number of boxes.

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

Push It Like You Push Your Girlfriend
I wish the potg algorithm recognized mercy plays that literally saved the entire game for a team even if they don't involve using a resurrect. I know it's more than a little petty but sometimes you fly around and get everyone topped off and recognize when they'll burst and give them the extra damage needed and it would be nice to get that seen sometime as well.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Help Im Alive posted:

I've gotten 1 from 20 boxes

It'd be neat if you could get a guaranteed legendary drop at certain level milestones or something (10/25/40 etc)

I got my first at 19 and my second at 22. Vigilante Mcree and Blackbeard Torb.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

The Gate posted:

Yeah, but why would I almost ever use single shots? If I'm up close, within stun range, I'm gonna fan because it's going to kill basically every character that's not a tank. Why risk missing the headshot or taking a fraction of a second too long to line up the shot when I can right click and win?

Single shot's fine for distance shooting anything that's over stun range/being really dodgy, but most maps make it relatively easy to get into closer range anyway. Plus fan will murder most characters too fast for them to react even without the stun. Single shot gives them a chance to escape unless you can land double headshots on a moving target reliably which is way outside my ability in a shooter. :v:

Sorry you suck at McCree and use a gimmick that isn't nearly as reliable or solid as his actual primary fire.

If you can actually aim McCree is justified in all the whining against him because he has a loving hand cannon that can take down most classes in the game with two shots.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Kehveli posted:

I wish the potg algorithm recognized mercy plays that literally saved the entire game for a team even if they don't involve using a resurrect. I know it's more than a little petty but sometimes you fly around and get everyone topped off and recognize when they'll burst and give them the extra damage needed and it would be nice to get that seen sometime as well.

I transcendenced my team through a hanzo ult after A on Anubis so we could Rush down b and win right away, and the potg was me putting the fart orb on a Bastion that was out of position

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Ddraig posted:

Sorry you suck at McCree and use a gimmick that isn't nearly as reliable or solid as his actual primary fire.

If you can actually aim McCree is justified in all the whining against him because he has a loving hand cannon that can take down most classes in the game with two shots.

My whining is always now that people who are sloppy as gently caress get a ton of success with him anyway. Widow also looks super forgiving when the kill cam has her wiffing five shots before getting you.

straw man
Jan 5, 2011

"You're a bigger liar than I am."

Ddraig posted:

I think High Noon needs a buff

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Nothing is quite as forgiving as soldier though because you can miss half your clip and mess people up and then healzone yourself if you do something stupid

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

straw man posted:

Someone did that to my tire and pulled it closer to the rest of his team. I was very disappointed I did not get play of the game for that one.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Spiros posted:

Nothing is quite as forgiving as soldier though because you can miss half your clip and mess people up and then healzone yourself if you do something stupid

No way soldier is missing with half his mag and actually killing someone.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Nehru the Damaja posted:

I've gotten multiple triple kills and at least one teamkill with d.va's ult, people really underestimate how useful boosting up is.

Grammaton
Feb 3, 2004
Cleric

The Shortest Path posted:

Reinhardt + Bastion + Torbjorn on offensive payload should not work under any loving circumstances and yet somehow we stomp the poo poo out of pubs with it because they're awful.

How goddamn hard is it to flank a very slowly moving turret encampment, gosh.

That's the sort of thing I'm totally horrible at: adjusting to the enemy's tactics with appropriate hero changes.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

TheTatteredKing posted:

No way soldier is missing with half his mag and actually killing someone.

right click bro

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
My six 76 team last night absolutely steamrolled. 6 roadhogs on hanamura offense was... not so good. 6 Lucio's was crazy but my team gave up quickly and we ended up winning with Lucio, pharah, and 4 reapers. Next round we won with Lucio plus 5 Pharah's. Every one of these games was incredibly entertaining.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Never not Fan just to piss off that one poster who sits there writhing in rage whenever they get ownd by it.

I've been damaging buffing Winston as Mercy and it seems to be legit in how quickly it fucks people up. How much damage does Mercy buff? Is it a set amount or a percentage?

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

First game as Tobjrjornarn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltCBNlestow

I guess you can say, they got... toberloned.

:downs:

MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!
I can't decide between the four legendary Zenyatta skins because they are all amazing.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
torbabybjorn

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Is this a lot like TF2? I did not like TF2 much.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Night Blade posted:

First game as Tobjrjornarn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltCBNlestow

I guess you can say, they got... toberloned.

:downs:

How do you do that thing where yellow bits shoot out of that thing in your hand as Torbjörn? :staredog:

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Ogmius815 posted:

It is Team Fortress 3 with more characters and abilities to activate. It also has waifus, which is very important.

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.
Does the damage buff from being hit as Zarya stack with Mercy's buff? I feel like it does, because I played that combo with my brother and it seemed pretty powerful, but im not 100% sure.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Ogmius815 posted:

It looks a lot like TF2 and the game types are the same, but it ends up playing way differently. There are characters that fit a much larger variety of playstyles and gameplay types, so if you're a heavy quake/ut player or a counterstrike player or a tf2 player you'll find some characters that feel similar to whatever game you're coming from.

Robo Turnus
Jul 12, 2006

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
as far as i can tell the characters to play to prove u are better than everyone else are the russian lady and the cowboy

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Spudd posted:

Never not Fan just to piss off that one poster who sits there writhing in rage whenever they get ownd by it.

I've been damaging buffing Winston as Mercy and it seems to be legit in how quickly it fucks people up. How much damage does Mercy buff? Is it a set amount or a percentage?

30%

For reference discord orb is 50%

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
do you keep refreshing masteroverwatch.com to see how good you really are??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pippy
May 29, 2013

CRIMES

Foehammer007 posted:

torbabybjorn

Every single time anyone mentions his name.