Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

Coyle, Olsen, can't we all just agree that the level of coaching in MLS is an embarrassment?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riven
Apr 22, 2002
My team is in first place and I still think our coach is an embarrassment.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

greg loving vanney

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
Carl Robinson's okay I guess?

Aside from some personnel decisions I would have made differently (dumping Beitashour's salary and relying on our rotating cast of out-of-position (Parker, Aird) or incompetent (Smith) twentysomethings to replace him :argh:) and a tendency to be too loyal to our horribly inconsistent strikers I genuinely have no complaints (or at least no Olsen/Mastroeni/Coyle/Vanney level complaints.)

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Azerban posted:

greg loving vanney

I thought Bradley was our coach

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Riven posted:

My team is in first place and I still think our coach is an embarrassment.

Would you still think that if he never got rid of the stache?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Jay Heaps? Well he's employed as a manager.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Yet MLS has this unbelievably lovely narrative that only American coaches can be successful in MLS.

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris
that's likely an artifact from the fact that most american coaches are familiar with the incredibly stupid and prohibitive league bylaws whereas foreign coaches likely come from leagues run in a more sane fashion.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Joke's on you scrublords! I still have Il Bruce! :smuggo:

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Nyarko, probably tied for best player for DC united, this year had his second concussion of the year recently and his 7th or 8th in recent memory. Probably out for a while

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
Why did the DC-KC kickoff just get moved...?

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

joshtothemaxx posted:

Weather. They're waiting for a storm system to pass through.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

XyrlocShammypants posted:

Nyarko, probably tied for best player for DC united, this year had his second concussion of the year recently and his 7th or 8th in recent memory. Probably out for a while

I was about to make a snarky comment about losing MLS journeyman Patrick Nyarko, but it turns out DC is only his second team. I could have sworn he was chasing Chad Barrett for Player Cut By Most Teams in MLS.

Anyone know what player has played for the most MLS teams? Chad has got 6. Dan Gargan got to 6 also.

Atiba Harris has seven!

Tigren fucked around with this message at 23:54 on May 27, 2016

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

James Riley is also at 7 (NE, SJ, SEA, CHV, DCU, LAG, COL)

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

joshtothemaxx posted:

DCU got stuck in Chicago last night and just flew to KC this afternoon

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Jeff Cunningham? Oduro? What about them?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

Jeff Cunningham? Oduro? What about them?

6, 7

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Oduro's got one or two more left in him

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
Nathan Sturgis has 7.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

joshtothemaxx posted:

Nathan Sturgis has 7.

I think Nathan Sturgis is done, he is being outplayed by a 20 year old and is faffing about on our terrible reserve team.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Guys

Guys

Alhaji Kamara played soccer and didn't die

And he scored by bossing an entire backline hoss-wrestler style and blasted a goal into a wide open net

I'm not used to seeing that in this country

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

Jermaine Dildoe posted:

Oduro's got one or two more left in him

He can pull a Jon Busch and come back to Chicago for one last lovely hurrah.

Pair him with David Accam; they'll get 20 shots a game and put 1 of them on target between them.

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Guys

Guys

Alhaji Kamara played soccer and didn't die

And he scored by bossing an entire backline hoss-wrestler style and blasted a goal into a wide open net

I'm not used to seeing that in this country

Don't you dare get excited, you know what this loving team is going to do, DON'T DO IT maintain the veneer of ironic detachment that's kept RFK from being burned to the ground for these past few years, for your own sake

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Ciprian Maricon posted:

Don't you dare get excited, you know what this loving team is going to do, DON'T DO IT maintain the veneer of ironic detachment that's kept RFK from being burned to the ground for these past few years, for your own sake

He's going to die on the field and I'll burn my season tickets the next day but until then I'm willing to drum the Terminator theme when he comes on the field instead of a heartbeat

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Good job ESPN

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

whypick1 posted:

Good job ESPN

They all look alike soccer players

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

XyrlocShammypants posted:

They all look alike soccer players

Actually that picture is a pretty clear indication that nobody gives a poo poo about former Manchester City players.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Sigi out.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

How the gently caress are the rapids still top in the supporters shield race?

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

LionYeti posted:

How the gently caress are the rapids still top in the supporters shield race?

Because this happens in the 94th minute to give Montreal the game:

https://twitter.com/MLS/status/736743998493065217

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever
Damnedest thing: David Villa's PK just landed on my back porch.

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

quote:

Taylor Twellman talks Revolution stadium, U.S. Soccer and concussion awareness

The former New England star isn't shy about speaking his mind as an ESPN analyst.

http://www.boston.com/sports/soccer/2016/05/30/taylor-twellman-interview

With the Revolution, the continuing subplot is always their stadium situation. How important do you think it would be for the Revs to get a stadium in the Boston area? How would it compare to some of these other cities with a soccer-specific stadium?

TT: Well, it’s the most important thing in order for the Revolution to grow. When you’re attracting free agents, when you’re talking to players coming from overseas, when you’re trying to move the needle the way that they need to, so to speak, they need a stadium. They need a stadium downtown. Listen, it’s very unique situation, because if you understand the economics of the situation, that stadium in Foxborough is 100 percent privately financed. So the Krafts need to know that the stadium downtown is a 100 percent home run. That is not owned by Foxborough, so [it’s] way different than all these other stadium situations in Major League Soccer. The Krafts are going to do it, but they’re going to do it when it’s the right business decision because, otherwise, they’ve already got a stadium that’s paid for. So as to the argument that the Krafts don’t want [the downtown stadium], well listen, it has to be smart for them to do it. And it has to be the perfect location, not in Framingham. It has to be downtown, it has to be right, 100 percent downtown. And they know that. Until they can get all their ducks in a row, they’re not going to do it. And business-wise, you’re still getting 20,000 at Gillette Stadium. But in order for it to grow, the stadium is vital. It’s 1A on the task sheet. They need a stadium. It needs to be grass and have a roof, because if they pull it off in downtown Boston, it’ll be a top-four, top-five market to play in in Major League Soccer.

#TheMorgueTillIDie

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

Known garbageman Gilberto is on his way out from Chicago. This is good.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Thank you for this good news, Hello Towel.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.

Hello Towel posted:

Known garbageman Gilberto is on his way out from Chicago. This is good.

Yay

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

What's Steve Sampson doing these days?

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
Henry apparently showed up to red bull practice yesterday.

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

Last weekend, there was a nasty 100 mile trail race outside of San Diego. 32,000' of elevation gain and a very exposed course. I was checking the results because one of my favorite runners finished 4th and won the masters division (over 40).

Check out who won

And check out who finished 9th.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

Hungryjack posted:

Last weekend, there was a nasty 100 mile trail race outside of San Diego. 32,000' of elevation gain and a very exposed course. I was checking the results because one of my favorite runners finished 4th and won the masters division (over 40).

Check out who won

And check out who finished 9th.

It's Nate Jaqua

• Locked thread