Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Branis
Apr 14, 2006
do you at least check out on your computer? Minnesota state patrol won't radio it in but they do check out on their computers which gives dispatch the GPS on their stop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TangoFox
Jan 29, 2016
Nope. We do have AVL, but it's still stupid since dispatch doesn't monitor it. They only call out suspensions, warrants or searches.

Blows my mind. I end up calling out the majority of the time just based on old habits.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
We're required to call out stops over the radio. We have an LT, notorious for writing people up for minor poo poo, that never calls out stops until like half way or after their over. Surprise! It's a stolen car!

In the future we're supposed to implement the push-botton traffic stop with a GPS drop location. Dispatch will hopefully still do a quick voice over the air so we can know who is doing what.

TangoFox
Jan 29, 2016
A push button thing would be pretty neat. I do know that if we actually called out traffic stops they would need more dispatchers, the current setup doesn't really permit it. At night we combine up major districts so you could have 40 guys on a channel, with one dispatcher, but it seems like a small price to pay for awareness of what's going on.

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010
Why the gently caress would you not call out everything you do? I've had poo poo hit the fan on officer initiated property checks.

gently caress dispatch. Call everything.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

TangoFox posted:

A push button thing would be pretty neat. I do know that if we actually called out traffic stops they would need more dispatchers, the current setup doesn't really permit it. At night we combine up major districts so you could have 40 guys on a channel, with one dispatcher, but it seems like a small price to pay for awareness of what's going on.

how the gently caress are you getting away with one dispatcher for 40 cops jesus christ.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CDvsNvKOgII

FTP

Brussels Police Chief decides to Leroy Jenkins.

Vahakyla fucked around with this message at 18:30 on May 27, 2016

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Vahakyla posted:

FTP

Holy poo poo, that was a good punch

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Branis posted:

how the gently caress are you getting away with one dispatcher for 40 cops jesus christ.

Uh. We generally have 50 or so patrol officers at any given time there's only one main radio channel with one dispatcher working it. There's a "backup" that runs NCIC and handles alarms and then a call taker that answers the phones and redirects radio runs. Other than that, :shrug:

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
What the flying gently caress?

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
If I was a cop I wouldn't call in stops because that's when I'm banging your mom.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Mike-o posted:

If I was a cop I wouldn't call in stops because that's when I'm banging your mom.

there's a lotta moms out there

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Branis posted:

I routinely operate in an area with 150-200 cops in an area of a few square miles all on the same frequency. Also we don't have computer dispatch so every job is read out on the radio.

Also the NYPD has the worst radio discipline :downs:

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

And you thought they were cute and cuddly.

Branis posted:

do you at least check out on your computer? Minnesota state patrol won't radio it in but they do check out on their computers which gives dispatch the GPS on their stop.

Yeah we mark out via computer. We only use the radio if there's no tag or if we think it's super shady.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Smiling Jack posted:

also according to the news today the worst weapon discipline

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
can we all just bitch about that one guy who likes to give his whole narrative over the radio? Fuckin say 10-4 and shutup DAVE.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Branis posted:

Fuckin say 10-4 and shutup DAVE.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Smiling Jack posted:

I routinely operate in an area with 150-200 cops in an area of a few square miles all on the same frequency. Also we don't have computer dispatch so every job is read out on the radio.

Everyone will help you out of a jam tho right?

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Everyone will help you out of a jam tho right?

Yeah it's nice having 200+ show up in under five minutes.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Vahakyla posted:

FTP

im the old guy in the green shirt who went to make sure chief cop is okay and caught a baton to the side of the head for it

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug
Any ideas for a job post-police?

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Hezzy posted:

Chihuahua groomer

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Chihuahua fluffer

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

And you thought they were cute and cuddly.

DrakeriderCa posted:

Bernard Wrangler

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

Vahakyla posted:

FTP

Chief should have stayed behind a desk where he belongs.

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

Hezzy posted:

Spoke to an Irish cabbie who had retired from their force. Said he was just doing to get out of the house (away from his wife) until they moved to Florida.

He was going to the Springsteen concert tomorrow so he seemed like an alright dude.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Post-police job? I just plan of getting killed in the line of duty 3 days before retirement

Starkk
Dec 31, 2008

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Post-police job? I just plan of getting killed in the line of duty 3 days before retirement

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
how come your giving up on policing so soon?

SrgMagnum
Nov 12, 2007
Got old money, could buy a dinosaur

Hezzy posted:

Low stress, no uniform, zero grooming standards. Go be a loving barista or some poo poo. Just don't be a security guard, for the love of Jeebus.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Yeah if you're a security guard you failed at retirement.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Voniting and making GBS threads on yourself while passed out on the side of the road is no way to go through Memorial Day, son. :clint:

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.
A nearly .30 dui before 3pm. Amazing.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Man when I went out west to the reservations we routinely had .4+

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Mrs beanie is gonna divorce you a week before retirement now

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

let the bodies hit the floooooooooooor

Joke we are down like 25% in shootings this year but gun arrests are way way up :iiam:

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Smiling Jack posted:

let the bodies hit the floooooooooooor

Joke we are down like 25% in shootings this year but gun arrests are way way up :iiam:

That's some high speed jackbootin

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Man when I went out west to the reservations we routinely had .4+

Yeah but what about the people you pulled over??

TangoFox
Jan 29, 2016

The Shep posted:

A nearly .30 dui before 3pm. Amazing.

That's what I want to do in retirement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 17 days!
That's what I did on night shift.