Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'm trying to watch Vacation and it's one of those movies that is so unfunny I can't help but wonder how it got made. It's straight up Adam Sandler levels of bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Fro. Director of Tokyo Tribe come "Tag" on YouTube. I bet you that Sandler film is better than tag. Nether should be seen.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Bloodline season 2 is now available. I've watched two episodes and there's 100% less Chloe Sevigny so I'm not happy at all.

Spider2414
Apr 17, 2013

Filthy Hans posted:

Bloodline season 2 is now available. I've watched two episodes and there's 100% less Chloe Sevigny so I'm not happy at all.

I'm glad it got continued though. The oinly thing that's a bit bothering me is the kid, he's such an awkward addition to the cast and I'm not sure if he makes the story that much more interesting.

I like how some people are starting to break down, I expect that will lead to some major issues later on.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Flumbooze posted:

I'm glad it got continued though. The oinly thing that's a bit bothering me is the kid, he's such an awkward addition to the cast and I'm not sure if he makes the story that much more interesting.

I like how some people are starting to break down, I expect that will lead to some major issues later on.

It's still a good show and all, I just miss my bae. The younger brother really seems like the weak link in the chain so far.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I've been binge watching It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia on Netflix. It's like The League (which I watched a while ago) but the cast has better chemistry and it's not centered on football. So it's very entertaining

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

SciFiDownBeat posted:

I've been binge watching It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia on Netflix. It's like The League (which I watched a while ago) but the cast has better chemistry and it's not centered on football. So it's very entertaining

What's wrong with you?

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
hahahaha now that's funny ^^

anyway just started Bloodline season 2. Agree on missing Sevigny but I have high hopes that everything falls apart for the Rayburns

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
So Bloodline's alright without Danny?

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

Lycus posted:

So Bloodline's alright without Danny?

He's still there, in a sense.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

Filthy Hans posted:

well I never watched bloodline but now i definitely never will

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
She does show up in episode 3 I think, but I'm at E6 now and there has been far too little of her, that's for sure. It's still a great show and things are going from bad to worse for the Rayburn clan.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
edit:

Whoops wrong thread.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 00:33 on May 30, 2016

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Hollismason posted:

Alright yet another Hollismason what was that movie question : Black and White (I think ) kind of maybe conspiracy laden a bit? Anyway there's a scene where a mans head is opened and you see a doctor cutting into his brain . Probably before 1996 after 1980. That's all I got.

Maybe Pi?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9e_I-fkJ6c

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.

edit:

Ugh ignore I misposted this I thought this was Gimme Horror.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 00:33 on May 30, 2016

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Good news everyone, there are several episodes of Bloodline that feature Sevigny as a guest actor after all. I finished the season and it's pretty good overall. I thought Linda Cardinelli did the best work in it and Beau Bridges was really good too. The show would be much better without child actors, they really bring it down when they're onscreen. The poo poo really its the fan in the final episode, so I'm looking forward to a third season. I hope John Leguizamo dies on the way to his home planet.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

I am in llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllove!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! With Linda Cardellini aka Meg from Bloodline. Definitely leave your family level

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Yeah Cardellini is awesome and gorgeous. I've been a huge fan since Freaks and Geeks. Also She and Ellen Page look like they could be sisters. Bloodline S2 is pretty good, I've got one episode left!

Kyle Chandler is one fine actor. His facial expressions convey a lot of emotion and I love his voice. One of these days I'll make it past S2 of Friday Night Lights.

isaboo fucked around with this message at 00:56 on May 31, 2016

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!

pahuyuth posted:

One of these days I'll make it past S2 of Friday Night Lights.

Just skip season 2 if it bums you out. They retconned half that poo poo out come season 3 because they realised how badly they'd hosed up, you really won't be lost

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Alternately, just watch season 1 four times because it's that good.

dreadnought
Dec 28, 2006

:rolleyes:
What exactly is everyone's beef with S2 of FNL? I watched through the whole series without knowing about the context of that season and I didn't really notice a significant downturn. Then again, I don't really remember what happened in it. Is that the season when Coach Taylor goes to TMU?

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

Godammit netflix please stop advertising whatever this adam sandler/david spade poo poo sandwich is

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

dreadnought posted:

What exactly is everyone's beef with S2 of FNL? I watched through the whole series without knowing about the context of that season and I didn't really notice a significant downturn. Then again, I don't really remember what happened in it. Is that the season when Coach Taylor goes to TMU?

The problem with S2 tends to be placed almost entirely on the Landry kills a guy storyline.

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

hey mister... can u play drums while I sing and play plastic guitar???

POLICE CAR AUCTION posted:

Godammit netflix please stop advertising whatever this adam sandler/david spade poo poo sandwich is

they cure cancer

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Pet Rock Band posted:

they cause cancer

Fixed that for you.

dreadnought
Dec 28, 2006

:rolleyes:

ChickenMedium posted:

The problem with S2 tends to be placed almost entirely on the Landry kills a guy storyline.

I thought that was later in the series for some reason. That is a terrible storyline, but oddly prescient regarding one of Plemmons's future roles...

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
The idea of them just dropping that storyline like a hot potato is really funny.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost
You were so close.

Franchescanado posted:

They are cancer.

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!

dreadnought posted:

It all felt so very, very artificial. Landry/Tyra was terrible, Santiago was boiled down to an issue, Lyla became evangelical for no reason at all, Julie and ~the Swede~ was after-school special territory... it all felt so fake, like they'd just decided they needed to up the stakes for every character. It was the very antithesis of this down-to-earth, intimate community drama of season 1. The fact they dared to recognised their mistakes and suddenly drop much of the lovely stuff for season 3 onwards is one of the most impressive things I've seen, tbh. Cut their losses and moved on in a new, better direction.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

I liked Santiago and his character arc and I was bummed we never heard from him again :(

neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx
I've been watching Lady Dynamite and it's pretty bizarro. I say this even as someone who LOVES Maria Bamford.

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)

Allyn posted:

It all felt so very, very artificial. Landry/Tyra was terrible, Santiago was boiled down to an issue, Lyla became evangelical for no reason at all, Julie and ~the Swede~ was after-school special territory... it all felt so fake, like they'd just decided they needed to up the stakes for every character. It was the very antithesis of this down-to-earth, intimate community drama of season 1. The fact they dared to recognised their mistakes and suddenly drop much of the lovely stuff for season 3 onwards is one of the most impressive things I've seen, tbh. Cut their losses and moved on in a new, better direction.

Isn't that the season where Matt's dad died though? That arc was pretty good.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

User-Friendly posted:

Isn't that the season where Matt's dad died though? That arc was pretty good.

no but it is the season with the scene where coach yells at matt in the shower. he's sad because his housekeeper girlfriend went back to guatemala lol

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Season 3 of Peaks Blinders is up!:supaburn:

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
I watched the first episode of Bloodline when it first came out, but I never made it back to it. Not because I thought it was bad (it wasn't that great either), but I think I ended up binging on something else. That said hearing Chole Sevigny shows up made me return to it (4 episodes in now). I have loved her since Kids, and she was great in Big Love.

Parachute
May 18, 2003
She was awesome on that serial killer murder show on Lifetime/A&E that never made it past season 1 (Those Who Kill).

Punch Drunk Drewsky
Jul 22, 2008

No one can stop the movies.

Allyn posted:

I liked the Lyla and the stuff with Julie and the Swede just fine, it felt like that sort of bizarre high school limbo of trying out whatever that some fall into growing up. But combine that with everything else that's going on and it was way too much all at once. If it were another show doing it I don't think I'd like any of it but moments like this:

dongsbot 9000 posted:

no but it is the season with the scene where coach yells at matt in the shower. he's sad because his housekeeper girlfriend went back to guatemala lol

Still had me bawling. Afterward I was like, nope, dumb, and when I got back to the episode again when I was rewatching it with my wife had me bawling again, but harder.

I'm a sucker for extreme melodrama though, and the plot-clearing tornado was amusing, so it still works.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
It's cliche but a tornado is a really great plot device.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

It's cliche but a tornado is a really great plot device.

A Serious Man used it well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Chichevache posted:

Season 3 of Peaks Blinders is up!:supaburn:

Yesssssss.