Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What gun are you going to use in this Call of Duty?
The good one that everyone else uses
Another, different gun
View Results

• Locked thread
fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

housefly posted:

I'm a horrible person and bought $10 worth of these boxes since they're on sale. Ended up getting the FFAR and Iron Jim, so it was worth it.

How many boxes do you get ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Dirt Taco Scuba posted:

How many boxes do you get ?

I'm assuming 10 boxes, since $10 gets you 1100 points and Rares are 200 a pop. And because it's a sale.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

widespread posted:

I'm assuming 10 boxes, since $10 gets you 1100 points and Rares are 200 a pop. And because it's a sale.

Then it would be 11 boxes. Can't you do simple math? :v:

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

TMMadman posted:

Then it would be 11 boxes. Can't you do simple math? :v:

... oh gently caress. Thanks for the correction. To absolve my simple math ineptitude, a tenner for Vondy.

Edit: That got me gently caress and all for drops. Dammit.

widespread fucked around with this message at 07:14 on May 28, 2016

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Dropped $10, first box I get the garand

:v:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Dirt Taco Scuba posted:

Dropped $10, first box I get the garand

:v:

I dropped 10 bucks and all I got was a bunch of bodies and a combat knife. :(

It's a good thing I got an FFAR from a free box just before I did that or I'd be really pissed.

edit - If today wasn't payday, I doubt I would have bought any points.

TMMadman fucked around with this message at 08:28 on May 28, 2016

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

FFAR trip report:

Core: this gun needs three attachments minimum plus one of the stabilizing sights. Recoil is kind of bad. 4 shot kill from most distances. BOA3, high cal, stock and fast mags are my current build and I'm doing well with it. Already have the 100 headshots finished and all were in core.

Hardcore: Ho. Lee. poo poo. This thing owns, even bare. I switched over to check it out and grind out the no attachments camo and managed to get all of my bloodthirsties and rapid kills in two games. That's crazy since I've never unlocked those two first. Ever. I'm still shy of the no attachments kills on it.

I hope you enjoyed my essay on the FFAR.

Tldr: I paid to win in hardcore.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Garand owns. I still have to get used to not reloading but this game is pretty great. Using a Garand + shadow claw combo cracks me up.

I'm probably gonna spend $10 this weekend.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
It genuinely amazes me just how many people pubbies never run Hardwired/Flak Jacket on Redwood. :allears:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Stop paying for crates you loving idiots.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Says the guy who has a monthly budget for PAD stones.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I'm going to spite buy another 10 bucks tomorrow or Monday just because of this post!

Take that!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mill Village posted:

Says the guy who has a monthly budget for PAD stones.

PAD is life, though.

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

TMMadman posted:

I'm going to spite buy another 10 bucks tomorrow or Monday just because of this post!

Take that!

I've developed a device that translates what people say into what Activision hears. Let's try it out.

TMMadman posted:

I'm going to pay Activision money and I don't even care if I get anything in return!

Take that!

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

How else will we convince Activision to bring Call of Duty: Online to English speaking nations? :ohdear:

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

I got the HG 40 and the butterfly knife in crates today so far. My box mojo is strong (but apparently not strong enough to get the Marshall).

Edit: in an ambien haze last night I bought more boxes and got the RSA and the skull splitter too. Definitely a pay to win weekend.

housefly fucked around with this message at 14:35 on May 29, 2016

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
I've gotten the garand 6 loving times in my life

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

sba posted:

:tizzy:

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

sba posted:

Only 6? Geez.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
So my 2 month old PS4 decided to take a poo poo during COD last night. Sorry about dropping like that, but I took it back and they gave me a new shiny one should be on later after my day drinking is done.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Anybody wanna play tonight?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Yeah, I want to gold my "Rza" Interdiction.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
As always, feel free to send me an invite even if I'm playing another game.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Mister Macys posted:

Yeah, I want to gold my "Rza" Interdiction.

Me too also as well. I officially only need 3 bloodthirsties to finish that horrid piece of poo poo sniper once and for all at least until the next 2x weapon xp where I will inevitably grind it to oblivion and get the kill counter :ssh:

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

housefly posted:

Me too also as well. I officially only need 3 bloodthirsties to finish that horrid piece of poo poo sniper once and for all at least until the next 2x weapon xp where I will inevitably grind it to oblivion and get the kill counter :ssh:

This is why I don't want to prestige many guns that need attachments. Grind sucks, and all I get to do is add the word COCK to my gun? Naaaaah.

Though I might for the ever-so-useful KRM and Argus. Definitely for the launchers, too.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

widespread posted:

This is why I don't want to prestige many guns that need attachments. Grind sucks, and all I get to do is add the word COCK to my gun? Naaaaah.

Though I might for the ever-so-useful KRM and Argus. Definitely for the launchers, too.

I'm just being a completion masochist. I've done it will every other weapon. Now I have seven new ones to work on. :(

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Sorry I couldn't carry the team guys.

What the gently caress, a Xim is CAD $100 cheaper than a Scuf to import... :smith:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Do it. But the XIM

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fk8y_rQ7aew

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Most people think Call of Duty is bad because Call of Duty is designed specifically for most people to think it's good.

And other fpses that follow the Call of Duty formula all fail because it makes them all bad games.

But Call of Duty doesn't fail by following the Call of Duty formula that most people think is bad because...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMqZ2PPOLik

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

People didn't like cod when it encouraged camping now they don't like cod when it encourages movement I myself prefer a mix of the two with a large variety of maps both lanes and open air I must be loving crazy

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Ghostlight posted:

Most people think Call of Duty is bad because Call of Duty is designed specifically for most people to think it's good.

And other fpses that follow the Call of Duty formula all fail because it makes them all bad games.

But Call of Duty doesn't fail by following the Call of Duty formula that most people think is bad because...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMqZ2PPOLik

Everyone that tries to copy CoD fails, because none of them do the one thing it perfected, which was how moving/aiming with the right stick works.

See: every Ubisoft game ever, whether first or third person, having the shittiest aiming/camera movement in the industry for fifteen years.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 16:10 on May 30, 2016

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I don't think that guy played allied assault

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Anyone playing today?

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
i now have all the supply drop guns AMA

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Are you hiring? Because you obviously make more than I do.

Have you ever bought actual lottery tickets?

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 18:58 on May 30, 2016

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Its fuckin BDobbins. He hates COD but keeps buying the games and the dlc. If he really hated COD like he claims he wouldn't buy them anymore.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

sba posted:

i now have all the supply drop guns AMA

Did you have the marshall before this weekend? Because I unlocked 7 weapons total, three of which were guns, and the only two I wanted were the FFAR and the Marshall (which I didn't receive). I'm tempted to pay $10 more dollars. Tell me what to do great swami!

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

housefly posted:

Did you have the marshall before this weekend? Because I unlocked 7 weapons total, three of which were guns, and the only two I wanted were the FFAR and the Marshall (which I didn't receive). I'm tempted to pay $10 more dollars. Tell me what to do great swami!

I did, but not very long before that...I got the FFAR yesterday and that was the last one I needed

I've spent like $250-$300 - some of it my own money, some of it gift cards - I can tell you what everyone else who's crunched numbers on these has said, buying keys doesnt give you a greater chance of earning anything - aside from the sheer volume of keys you can buy as opposed to earning. Most of my decent weapons came from keys I earned. As I posted above, I've gotten the Garand a stupid amount of times - my breakdown is probably like this:

Garand 5/6 times
HG40 x2
Shadowclaw x2
L4 Siege x1
FFAR x1
Terribly bad sniper rifle x2
Marshall x1

I like the drops mostly for the cosmetic stuff tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

sba posted:

I did, but not very long before that...I got the FFAR yesterday and that was the last one I needed

I've spent like $250-$300 - some of it my own money, some of it gift cards - I can tell you what everyone else who's crunched numbers on these has said, buying keys doesnt give you a greater chance of earning anything - aside from the sheer volume of keys you can buy as opposed to earning. Most of my decent weapons came from keys I earned. As I posted above, I've gotten the Garand a stupid amount of times - my breakdown is probably like this:

Garand 5/6 times
HG40 x2
Shadowclaw x2
L4 Siege x1
FFAR x1
Terribly bad sniper rifle x2
Marshall x1

I like the drops mostly for the cosmetic stuff tbh

I went ahead and dropped another $10 in the machine. Second roll was the Marshal. I'm keeping the points for when the next weapons get released because I don't care about any of the skins. I should have a poo poo load of crypto keys by then too.

• Locked thread