Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

fadam posted:

Blizzard give scoreboard please.
i need more evidence for why everyone else sucks beyond me getting 5 golds and a silver every round

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Is there actually a good argument for not having a scoreboard? Everyone just says "oh well people will just use it to flame whoever is under performing" but that's the point.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
because it makes people like you mad, mainly

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Not having a scoreboard is fine, but I would really like ping to be displayed somewhere. I've only had a couple issues with lag but it's handy to be able to check.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Draxion posted:

Not having a scoreboard is fine, but I would really like ping to be displayed somewhere. I've only had a couple issues with lag but it's handy to be able to check.

ctrl+shift+r but it really should be somewhere else

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician

Afraid of Audio posted:

actually, dont
Actually do, just don't use actual numbers from the game and show a different one to each player where they're somehow always last or next to last anyway.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

If you're the kind of person who doesn't want a scoreboard because you don't want people telling you to switch classes when you're doing lovely, you're the exact reason we need a scoreboard. Accountability is important.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

fadam posted:

Blizzard give scoreboard please.

Blizzard don't do that actually

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
An end of match scoreboard that displayed who got what medals would be nice

fadam posted:

If you're the kind of person who doesn't want a scoreboard because you don't want people telling you to switch classes when you're doing lovely, you're the exact reason we need a scoreboard. Accountability is important.
:agreed:

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

cams posted:

i need more evidence for why everyone else sucks beyond me getting 5 golds and a silver every round

mmr pairs you with bad players and you're basically a one eyed man among the blind

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Doesn't think, just types.
I've started seeing more and more McCrees in quickmatch and I have no idea what to do.

Roadhog? Nope, if I hook him he stuns and escapes or just kills me. Tracer? Nope, shut down. Reaper? Nope, even from behind I can't kill him before he turns around.

The only way out I see is Widowmaker, but even then I can only shut him down if he's out in the open like a drooling idiot.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Thoughtless posted:

I've started seeing more and more McCrees in quickmatch and I have no idea what to do.

Roadhog? Nope, if I hook him he stuns and escapes or just kills me. Tracer? Nope, shut down. Reaper? Nope, even from behind I can't kill him before he turns around.

The only way out I see is Widowmaker, but even then I can only shut him down if he's out in the open like a drooling idiot.

poo poo on them with Torblerone turrets, all day erry day

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I'm p sure Roadhog can ToD McCree off a hook.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
So it turns out you can reflect Junkrat's concussion mine while it's in mid air, turning it against him or his teammates, so Junkrat can technically teamkill his teammates with it.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

fadam posted:

I'm p sure Roadhog can ToD McCree off a hook.

Yea, he's only 200 hp so it should be an instant kill

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Thoughtless posted:

Try heroes that operate outside of his flashbang range. Pharah, Soldier, Junkrat, and Roadhog are good against him. If he's stunning you after you hook him in with Roadhog, that means you are missing with your left click or firing too late.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
As someone who often brings Genji out to play, watching (bad) McRee fan themselves is awesome, but ALL McCree can become bad with enough pressure and juking. If you can juke the flash bang a lot of them auto-mash fan and then you just murder them by aiming correctly. Jump into shift strike is usually enough to get outta bang range

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

fadam posted:

And this post is exactly why we don't need one.

I don't care about me (though I definitely do suck) but the game has significantly fewer (vocally) lovely people and way more people enjoying themselves and I think the lack of scoreboard is part of that.

e: I imagine competitive mode will have a scoreboard. You can go play in that ballpit when it comes out if you're that desperate.

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Doesn't think, just types.

sarmhan posted:

No, he can flashbang you instantly, before you get a shot off.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~

sarmhan posted:

It generally is if the hook doesn't wig the gently caress out and put McCree behind you or way to your left or in an alcove ten feet above you or anywhere else but right in front of you, yeah.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Thoughtless posted:

I don't think so, Tim.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

fadam posted:

Accountability is important.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Failboattootoot posted:

What's with all the Symmetras today? All the way up until today I almost never saw her and now she is in all of my games and people are fighting over her and we even did a 4 symmetra team but the other 2 people were big baby's and we got hard countered by a lone winston anyway. Point being what gives? I mean I think she's good so I'm not mad about it, just confused about the reversal.

Unrelated, I wish blizz would let me cancel roadhogs ult.

I just assume everytime I start seeing a bunch of a hero no one really plays its because a streamer did well with them.

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

fadam posted:

Sounds like your bad and are just looking for some kind of metric to blame your badness on others tbh.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Thoughtless posted:

No, he can't. If he can, you're pulling him from too far away. The hook has a fixed stun time and at maximum range it will cease to stun just before they reach you, meaning that's the only scenario he can reliably flashbang you.

If this is happening consistently you're pulling from too far away and need to get closer.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

i only play widowmaker and type "git gud scrub" in all chat each time i get a kill.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

flashman posted:

i only play widowmaker and type "git gud scrub" in all chat each time i get a kill.

:same:

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Monomythian posted:

Sounds like your bad and are just looking for some kind of metric to blame your badness on others tbh.

I'm actually fantastic.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I can't wait to get this game and never play support or tank until someone says we need support/ tank and show these nubs wtf that means to play that role.

My fav pub class in tf2 was medic.. my fav mobas people are beefy tanks that can do a thing maybe do a kill.

This game has all of that and no one seems to realize that their is no gold or items of anything. If you need to pistol a cat a mercy loving do it. If you need to wipe teams endlessly as the tank do it. It's about the win not some dumbass meta in the sense that a support is allowed to go offensive!

verbal enema fucked around with this message at 23:36 on May 28, 2016

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
This games easy enough that if you're not making GBS threads out medals you're probably playing the wrong class for the current match.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Instead of voting to commend people, you should have to vote for who was the weakest link on your team and the person with the most votes is kicked and given a timer to prevent them from joining another game for a short period of time

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
Dear pseudo professional players, I laud you honing your skills and all, but you're still too obvious when you use a hack that causes your screen to spin 270-degrees to the center of the nearest opponent. Thanks Booyah.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Broseph Brostar posted:

Instead of voting to commend people, you should have to vote for who was the weakest link on your team and the person with the most votes is kicked and given a timer to prevent them from joining another game for a short period of time

Same except they get banned.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

verbal enema posted:

I can't wait to get this game and never play support or tank until someone says we need support/ tank and show these nubs wtf that means to play that role.

My fav pub class in tf2 was medic.. my fav mobas people are beefy tanks that can do a thing maybe do a kill.

This game has all of that and no one seems to realize that their is no gold or items of anything. If you need to pistol a cat a mercy loving do it. If you need to wipe teams endlessly as the tank do it. It's about the win not some dumbass meta in the sense that a support is allowed to go offensive!

:wave:

nice verbal enema, verbal enema

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Lady Naga posted:

Same except they get banned.

They can get back in for another £30.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

fadam posted:

nice meltdown

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
please do not bring boring memes like "nice meltdown" into my home

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Countblanc posted:

please do not bring boring memes like "nice meltdown" into my home

Is that what passes for a meme these days?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Can we vote for the next idiot thing to get word filtered?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

Thor-Stryker posted:

Dear pseudo professional players, I laud you honing your skills and all, but you're still too obvious when you use a hack that causes your screen to spin 270-degrees to the center of the nearest opponent. Thanks Booyah.

I did the blind-180°-Hanzo-headshot to another goon in an in-house the other day and my only regret is that it wasn't :potg: