Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Mr.PayDay posted:

- Its funny how you can't lose with 2 Winstons in pub games (in this launch week at least), the enemies simply don't know how to deal with them

I can't help but feel like people at mid level MMR are like... embarrassed to play Reaper like those bottom-feeder plebs and just for some idiot reason forego the guy who just loving deletes Winston off the face of the planet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

So I gotta ask: who do people consider the weakest/worst character in general?

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Regalingualius posted:

Either widowmaker or Mcree

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Regalingualius posted:

D.Va definitely. Mei's not far behind.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Verranicus posted:

I like how the forums are already rife with people claiming Blizz has tools that are enforcing a 50% w/l by pairing them with bad teams.

I'm at 49% so I'm going to pretend this is true

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Regalingualius posted:

D.Va

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
That's kind of the point of MMR, isn't it?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Regalingualius posted:

Probably either D.Va or Zenyatta.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

You'd think her cannons wouldn't do such piddly damage considering it's a loving mecha. Or at least wouldn't slow her down when she's firing.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Pakled posted:

Probably either D.Va or Zenyatta.

A good Zenyetta is a nightmare to deal with. Tossing that damage buff on tanks and healers makes for a good time.

Grammaton
Feb 3, 2004
Cleric

Plan Z posted:

I hate this game. I think it's good and all but it's another loving game where I'm stuck always being healer because nobody else can ever be hosed to.

Almost every game I've joined lately has had a Lucio on it. Frees me up to do some grand fuckery.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

PureRok posted:

That's kind of the point of MMR, isn't it?

If the point of matchmaking is to keep the Win/Lose counter at 50% and puts you up against much better/much worse players to achieve this, it's a very bad matchmaking algorithm.

Matchmaking should be about Fun™ and the most fun thing ever in a game like this is fighting against someone of your same skill level. Thus, MMR should strive to put you with and against people of a similar caliber so you can all duke it out in fairness. :3:

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

The weakest characters are whichever ones i'm not playing at the moment.

ce gars
Dec 31, 2007

Zenyatta is the only hero I haven't played outside of training yet. It just seems like keeping up with your orbs while trying not to die instantly is way more stress than I want to deal with.

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician

Regalingualius posted:

Symmetra but only because of limited scope. I can't find a use for her outside of placing harassment turrets on stage 1 defense, where she admittedly owns. KOTH maps or offense I just don't even know.

Yeah the shields are cool and the teleporter is nice but redundant if/when the opposing team caps - it's too hard to get around behind them to place another and 1v1 with almost anyone is certain death. I have gotten some decent kills but I think anyone skilled would take her out.

Then again I may just be horrible. :shrug:

tetsuo fucked around with this message at 03:35 on May 29, 2016

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Daric posted:

Whyyyyyy

?

what am I looking at

is the "Whyyyy" directed at why someone would use their phone to take a screenshot?

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Onean posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZeZATcLiPQ

Was this that Genji game people were linking last night? I couldn't check it out, being at work.

everyone in this game sounds exactly like this guy:

a smug piece of garbage with a dick up their nose

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Daric posted:

Whyyyyyy

:eng101: Try selecting offense heroes when you are playing on offense! :eng101:

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I've been playing with sone guys I used to play DotA with and holy poo poo this one guy in their Discord gives me aids tumors.

If we need a tank he picks D.va. If we need a support he picks Zenyatta. If he's not playing either of those, he's playing Hanzo.

The pub is playing from inside the stack.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Dislike button posted:

everyone in this game sounds exactly like this guy:

a smug piece of garbage with a dick up their nose

Haha, loving owned!

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
I'd like it if Blizzard removed the "No Sniper" tip when selecting heroes. You never seem to get a "No Builder" tip when playing defense but "No Sniper" shows up every game and I would like less of my teammates to pick Hanzo.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I love fighting roadhog as tracer because it basically just turns into death by a thousand cuts for roadhog and he can't do anything about it. i'd much rather fight a roadhog than a wintson or dva, much easier to avoid taking damage. Not a fan of Zarya but it's doable.

A Magical Lamp
Aug 16, 2010

fadam posted:

If we need a tank he picks D.va.

I do this to piss pubbies demanding a Reinhardt off. No you do not need one.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Regalingualius posted:

Mei because most players actively hinder team progress with her. Improper ability placement hurts your team and the benefits are done better by other characters.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

So my opinion has evolved and I don't really care about mcree anymore. However, delete Widowmaker

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

TheTatteredKing posted:

So my opinion has evolved and I don't really care about mcree anymore. However, delete Widowmaker

Add Reaper and I'm all for it. I am so sick of those two.

A Magical Lamp
Aug 16, 2010

Regalingualius posted:

You'd think her cannons wouldn't do such piddly damage considering it's a loving mecha. Or at least wouldn't slow her down when she's firing.

Once you get right up in someone's face the miniguns do plenty of damage. Use her boosters to get into flank positions and you'll be a less glass cannon-y Reaper.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
Soldier 76 needs 5-10 more rounds in his clip. Wasting 1/4 of your ultimate because you're reloading is super annoying.

A Magical Lamp
Aug 16, 2010

Daric posted:

Soldier 76 needs 5-10 more rounds in his clip. Wasting 1/4 of your ultimate because you're reloading is super annoying.

Back in my day we knew how to make our bullets count!

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Recurring solo queue theme:

I'll pick Symmetra.

Oh these guys can't hold for poo poo and I'm never going to get a teleporter up.

Oh, tank dropped. I'll fill that.

Oh these guys are all flanking so there's nothing to tank for and it's miserable.

Fine. I'll just loving go Pharah and bomb idiots.

We won. :cool:

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.
I think whoever designed widow has never played an fps before

if he has, he finds them very hard

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Anyone know what happens if you kill Junkrat while he's steering the riptire?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Spiritus Nox posted:

He retains control of the RIP-Tire and is brought back to the death cam as soon as the Tire detonates.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Spiritus Nox posted:

Riptire continues like normal

A Magical Lamp
Aug 16, 2010

Spiritus Nox posted:

I'm pretty sure the riptire explodes where it is.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN

Snak posted:

I don't supposed anyone is putting together a group/community for ps4 goons... I am way too lazy to input everyone's name with my controller to send the friend invites...

If nobody else is making one, I will!

How do I wall-run with Lucio?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Vermain posted:

He retains control of the RIP-Tire and is brought back to the death cam as soon as the Tire detonates.

Aw, drat. I'd Traced him a few times today while he was on it, but I was never in a good spot to see what happened to the tire. Shame, I thought I was being a big hero. :smith:

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Geostomp posted:

Add Reaper and I'm all for it. I am so sick of those two.

Nah reaper is fine mechanically.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Spiritus Nox posted:

Aw, drat. I'd Traced him a few times today while he was on it, but I was never in a good spot to see what happened to the tire. Shame, I thought I was being a big hero. :smith:

If you catch him right as he's setting it off, you can just shoot the tire while it's stationary in front of him and kill the ult entirely. I mean you can kill the tire at any point but what I'm saying is it's completely safe and harmless to do here and then you have a surprised Junkrat that you have the jump on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Daric posted:

Wasting 1/4 of your ultimate because you're reloading is super annoying.

Huh? You reload at like four times the speed when Tactical Visor is active