Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Immolat1on posted:

My aunt posted a pretty innocent story today on FB, then the rest of my family had to go and make it a racist circle jerk. Black is just random people, red is my uncle (who the story is about).

Not only has my uncle been on permanent disability receiving those sweet sweet government checks for decades, hispanics are also not allowed to own nicer cars than him.

Your uncle is a poo poo bag, good on you for recognizing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

Immolat1on posted:

My aunt posted a pretty innocent story today on FB, then the rest of my family had to go and make it a racist circle jerk. Black is just random people, red is my uncle (who the story is about).

Not only has my uncle been on permanent disability receiving those sweet sweet government checks for decades, hispanics are also not allowed to own nicer cars than him.

Oh poo poo, a Honda?

loving guy probably owns a refrigerator too. Maybe even an iPhone. And now a pack of gum? gently caress this country.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

oldpainless posted:

Disgraceful.

Eh, it's more complicated than that. They did make a massive lump-sum payment to South Korea back in the 70s? I think it was, but the SK dictator at the time said "sweet, time to boost our infrastructure" and never passed it on. There was a big stink when that eventually came out (like two decades later). Certainly not trying to say Japan has lily white hands in this case, but there's definitely more to it than Japan saying "lol no money for you".

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE

Zipperelli. posted:

I just want to remind everyone that in the US, Memorial Day is rapidly approaching, and with it, the bombardment of "ARE TROOPS, gently caress YOU OBLAMMO" on social media.

I can't wait. Any of the 37 holidays having to do with our armed forces are always just full of people tripping over themselves to see who can fellaciate them the hardest, and it usually gives me some amazing content for this thread.

It's funny you should mention that, look what I woke up to!

Not pictured: the 6 or so that my stepmother and stepfather, both former military, posted while I was editing these. It's not even Memorial Day yet!

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Some of those are pretty innocuous. The 9/11 and RESPECT THE FLAG ones are pretty awful.

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE

Henchman of Santa posted:

Some of those are pretty innocuous. The 9/11 and RESPECT THE FLAG ones are pretty awful.
Yeah, part of why it amused me was more the seemingly unending line of them. Like, how they're arranged in my post was how they appeared on my Facebook wall. My stepfather does like to share things that imply that anyone who disrespects the flag (and it's always black people in the picture) should be arrested or have their welfare money taken away, so I'll grab something more like that if he decides to stay true to form.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

E: probably doesn't need to be said

oldpainless has a new favorite as of 16:23 on May 28, 2016

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
I wonder what percentage of people posting 9/11 pictures have ever set foot in New York?

I live here, I saw it firsthand, and few things enrage me more than seeing it used as a crutch for bigotry by people who are happy to rail against New York Values at all other times.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

This hit me in the "feels" as well. Think about how many time that horse had to be whipped to perform such a noble act.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

zakharov posted:

I wonder what percentage of people posting 9/11 pictures have ever set foot in New York?

I live here, I saw it firsthand, and few things enrage me more than seeing it used as a crutch for bigotry by people who are happy to rail against New York Values at all other times.

0%. It's almost like they've blocked out the idea that the attack was intentionally committed towards "New York values"!

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

change my name posted:

0%. It's almost like they've blocked out the idea that the attack was intentionally committed towards "New York values"!

What the heck are "New York Values"? Google results just show more people ranting about them and articles saying that Ted Cruz thinks it's code for "Jewish."

ETA: LOL at that filter. Hadn't seen that one yet.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Karma Monkey posted:

What the heck are "New York Values"? Google results just show more people ranting about them and articles saying that Ted Cruz thinks it's code for "Jewish."

ETA: LOL at that filter. Hadn't seen that one yet.

Perceived big city liberal elitism

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Look at this idiot

https://twitter.com/MerriamWebster/status/736253728278388736

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Perceived big city liberal elitism

This, but more "at least an attempt at tolerance and inclusiveness".

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Hot dogs are very obviously sandwiches, though; it's nice to have this kind of validation.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Reminder shithole/red state senators/congress reps hold diaster money hostage everytime something happens to a blue state/city, but complain about not getting money/help fast enough when bad things happen to them.

FYGM and the only moral _____ is my _____.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

It always bothers me how many people literally worship the flag as though it's the God Emperor or some poo poo. It's a flag with lines and stars on it. It has some meaning to it obviously but it's not loving sacred.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

PhazonLink posted:

Reminder shithole/red state senators/congress reps hold diaster money hostage everytime something happens to a blue state/city, but complain about not getting money/help fast enough when bad things happen to them.

FYGM and the only moral _____ is my _____.

Reminder that red states on average also take in more federal money than they contribute.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Praying that this is stdh.txt but I'm using "Harlan Pringle" for my name if I need to go off the grid.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Tracula posted:

It always bothers me how many people literally worship the flag as though it's the God Emperor or some poo poo. It's a flag with lines and stars on it. It has some meaning to it obviously but it's not loving sacred.

And as we all know every individual flag is painstakingly and professionally crafted by the hands of patriotic hard-working Americans and not actually mass machine manufactured in China.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

teen witch posted:

Praying that this is stdh.txt but I'm using "Harlan Pringle" for my name if I need to go off the grid.

Pringles isn't even a company, it's just a brand of chip created by Procter & Gamble and currently owned by Kellog. They didn't even try. I can forgive that though if the only reason they made that meme was to type Harlan Pringle

Also I don't remember trump ever saying he was going to dismantle automation in factories but that'd be an interesting thing to run on

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

Pringles suck anyway. They're not even real potato chips.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Karma Monkey posted:

Hey, they're 42%-potato chips.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts
...bizarre double post, sorry :negative:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Karma Monkey posted:

Then what are they?

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
A dough made of half potato and half wheat and flours, pressed into a chip shape. There's a reason they feel doughier when you eat them than a regular chip.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Elliotw2 posted:

There's a reason they you feel doughier when you eat them than a regular chip.

ftfy

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

Who What Now posted:

Then what are they?

Extruded dehydrated starch paste.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Who What Now posted:

Then what are they?

Really loving good

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

oldpainless posted:

Really loving good

Harlan does his job well

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

New York Values:
-Murder
-Tuberculosis
-Saxophones

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

FreudianSlippers posted:

New York Values:
-Murder
-Tuberculosis
-Saxophones

I've seen plenty of saxophones and murders but have never seen a tuberculosis.

Filox
Oct 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Tracula posted:

That's what bugs me about idiots wanting laws to "prohibit the desecration of the flag." They're pretty much admitting that they worship it as a sacred object just by using the word "desecration". So, in a way, they want an amendment to the Constitution that would make the Constitution contradict itself (remember that whole pesky freedom of religion bit?) by declaring the flag a consecrated icon and make flag veneration state mandated. But I guess it's okay because Jesus probably came down and told Betsy Ross how to do it right?

Mak0rz posted:

And as we all know every individual flag is painstakingly and professionally crafted by the hands of patriotic hard-working Americans and not actually mass machine manufactured in China.

I've always wondered how low you have to go before the flag worshippers stop worrying about the desecration. Obviously mass produced nylon flags made in China are "sacred". How about cheap pre-pinted cloth flags stapled onto a wooden dowel rod and sold at Walmart for $4.99? How about those cheap little gimcracks that are a piece of literal plastic with the flag printed on it and stapled to a stick so you can wave it at parades? If I draw the flag on a piece of paper and then burn that piece of paper, have I desecrated a flag? How crappy does my drawing have to be before it's not a flag anymore and it won't count as desecration to wipe my rear end on it? These are the questions I want to ask the flag cult people, but never have because they're kind of scary and they often have guns.

Gobbless'murica.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

belt posted:

Oh poo poo, a Honda?

loving guy probably owns a refrigerator too. Maybe even an iPhone. And now a pack of gum? gently caress this country.
First they came to our country and took our jobs, then they took our Hondas, now they're taking our gum? This has gone too far.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

FreudianSlippers posted:

New York Values:
-Murder
-Tuberculosis
-Saxophones

-Proudly pointing out that you are, in fact, walking here.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
-Pizza.

(Also a Chicago value)

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006
Death to the Black Eyed Peas

Let's humour the creator of this image for a minute and pretend 'Muslims' are one homogeneous terrorist group. Driving a couple of airliners into two sky scrapers last time you pissed then off would be a pretty good reason not to do it again actually.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

EvilGenius posted:

Let's humour the creator of this image for a minute and pretend 'Muslims' are one homogeneous terrorist group. Driving a couple of airliners into two sky scrapers last time you pissed then off would be a pretty good reason not to do it again actually.

:crossarms:

insufficient guns
May 4, 2009

personally, I would
like to fuck Wall-E

:h: :roboluv: :h:
Normally I don't get anything good on my Facebook, but then I strike gold. His response sounds too dumb to be real, but from what I know of him it definitely is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I would love a counter to that 9/11 photo that's a picture of the Oklahoma City bombing with the text "how did we go from this to being afraid of offending veterans?"