Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Awesome! posted:

i dont like gone home just based on gameplay not really being there but people getting mad about its existence is pretty funny

yeah. walking simulators are all terribly boring to me, but it's cool they exist and that people are attempting to tell stories and do different stuff in a fairly new medium.

Also the ending to the basketball game NBA2k16 is amazing. A ghost sits on a ghost bench and reads a prepared statement for 10 minutes about how lovely his life was. then spike lee shows up. credits.
spoilered because there's probably some angry weirdo who cares.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Videogame Spike Lee sounds like the poor mans David Cage

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
They should bring in a new director every year so we end up with NBA2k17: David Lynch edition or Quentin Tarantino edition.

Edit: NBA2k17: Mutombo Unchained.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I was going through some stuff today and found my voucher for the set of 4 Star Wars classics games that came bundled with the battle front ps4s. I don't see myself using this, but if anyone wants it I could let it go for like $10 or if you have a voucher for something that you don't want I might be up for a trade. Thought I'd post this here because it seemed silly to make an SA mart thread for it, hope that's okay.

edit: sold

Nep-Nep fucked around with this message at 02:05 on May 29, 2016

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Any idea what the ps3/vita games are? I'm running low on games to leave unfinished.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Nomadic Scholar posted:

Any idea what the ps3/vita games are? I'm running low on games to leave unfinished.

no cause the leak was from a ps4 news letter. you'll have to hope for another leak or wait til next thursday

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Ugh. Back to playing dead island, demons souls, and phantom pain then.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I know it's like a rite if passage to complain about plus freebies but a sports sim seems like a bad choice. Like only a segment of players would even give a drat about it, even if it was a very good game. And that same segment of "carers" probably bought it, mostly.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Feenix posted:

only a segment of players would even give a drat about it

Is that honestly any different than any other games they've offered?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Feenix posted:

I know it's like a rite if passage to complain about plus freebies but a sports sim seems like a bad choice. Like only a segment of players would even give a drat about it, even if it was a very good game. And that same segment of "carers" probably bought it, mostly.

:confused: Sports games are popular. A quick search says that 2K15 shipped 7 million units.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
sports game carers lol

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.

Attitude Indicator posted:

walking simulators are all terribly boring to me, but it's cool they exist and that people are attempting to tell stories and do different stuff in a fairly new medium.

I don't know if it's fair to call Gone Home a walking simulator though. It's more like archaeological dig. After all the game does have gameplay elements that mostly revolve around finding objects and clues on the objects to progress, and has entire subplots that are missable if you suck at finding poo poo.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Motto posted:

:confused: Sports games are popular. A quick search says that 2K15 shipped 7 million units.

plus nba2k is a really loving good game

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Yeah even though I already bought and sold NBA 2k I would still consider it one of the top 5 PS+ games on PS4 if it really is a freebie. If you like basketball at all it's amazing, only the career mode script is awful.

On another note, if I didn't like the first hour of Until Dawn is anything going to change my mind later? edit: oops thought this was the ps4 thread

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 05:18 on May 29, 2016

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Sports games are a perfect fit for me on PS+ and I'll probably renew mine if the rumours are true. I rarely buy them and when I do it's always the 2-3 year old version for super cheap. As a PS+ bonus it's something I wouldn't buy myself but will probably enjoy.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I don't really play sports games, but I would play this one. Wasn't there another NBA2K PS+ before, but for the PS3?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

elf help book posted:

sports game carers lol

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

its good timing with nba playoffs happening and the 2017 version likely to come out in only a few months. this is their last chance to sell whatever 2016 dlc they have if any so giving it away and taking pennies on the download might seem like a good move for 2k

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

its good timing with nba playoffs happening and the 2017 version likely to come out in only a few months. this is their last chance to sell whatever 2016 dlc they have if any so giving it away and taking pennies on the download might seem like a good move for 2k

yeah

i really wanted to grab it since i had 14 and 15, but last year i didnt play games too much and i missed out

they're really well done for a sports game.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Also NBA2k6 fits the description of the thing people always bitch PS+ never had anymore as in a retail game a large chunk of the base doesn't have. Sure it's a year old sports have and therefore worry like $5 but it still perfectly fits the criteria and that's why that's always been dumb

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Rirse posted:

I don't really play sports games, but I would play this one. Wasn't there another NBA2K PS+ before, but for the PS3?

yeah, 2k14 i think? also i am pretty sure that 2k15 was already out when they gave that away, 2k16 is still the newest installment

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

rabidsquid posted:

yeah, 2k14 i think? also i am pretty sure that 2k15 was already out when they gave that away, 2k16 is still the newest installment

I think you guys are thinking of Pro Evolution Soccer 2014, which was a PS3 Plus title. Shame they decided to show off that edition, when the next couple of years have actually been really good.

-e- my mistake, NBA 2k14 was free for PS3 too.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Nah, I for sure played a bunch of 2k14 on ps3 and also for sure never bought it.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
The gameplay of Gone Home is much more involved than say Everbody's Gone to the Rapture. I enjoyed my time with it.

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
NBA is ok for a freebie I guess. It's kind of a universal sport game like FIFA. At least they didn't try give us some trash tier sport like NFL lol

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Free on PS+: Don Bradman Cricket '17

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

they gave the ps1 snooker game as a ps+ title already

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

kirbysuperstar posted:

That's pretty much my dream PS+ game right there; something i've never played before, and different than anything I'd usually buy.

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
Rugby '15

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

kirbysuperstar posted:

Always stuff I already have :sigh:

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Renoistic posted:

The gameplay of Gone Home is much more involved than say Everbody's Gone to the Rapture. I enjoyed my time with it.

Im a big fan of both and I agree, Gone Home plays up its strength in just taking place in someones home so the compactness lets you put a lot more detail into things where Rapture is mostly giant stretches of fields or roads

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

barren_sky posted:

I think you guys are thinking of Pro Evolution Soccer 2014, which was a PS3 Plus title. Shame they decided to show off that edition, when the next couple of years have actually been really good.

-e- my mistake, NBA 2k14 was free for PS3 too.

I remember being excited for the PES game because I've only ever played FIFA but that game was really really bad. Good to hear it's not the best indicator of the series

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Top-selling video games last month in the U.S.: (systems in brackets listed in order of copies sold)

Dark Souls III (PS4, Xbox One)
Ratchet & Clank (PS4)
MLB 16: The Show (PS4, PS3)
Tom Clancys The Division (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
Grand Theft Auto V (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3, PC)
Minecraft (Xbox One, 360, PS4, PS3)
Quantum Break (Xbox One)
Call of Duty: Black Ops III (Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3, PC)
NBA 2K16 (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3)
Star Fox: Zero (Wii U)

Bear in mind this was LAST month, NBA 2K16's been out for a while now.

If it's true it'd probably be the most significant freebie offered on any platform to date.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity
While reviews have been stomping on the new Ninja Turtle game ( Pretty rightly too, several mechanics are not even explained or mentioned that are essential to deal with elite enemies ) I picked it up because I'm a sucker for Platinum stuff, even if this was their B team.

Weirdly, it's not actually that bad if you can dig into it. It's not a OMG AAA+ BUY NOW game, but it's definitely worth grabbing / renting on the cheap if you like the DMC / Bayonetta type of game.

It's not quite as deep, but there's still a ton of mechanics that are poorly, or not explained at all. It took a chance look at gameFAQS to realize each turtle has a stinger / launcher / 360 clear move, that you can actually jump on enemies if you parry correctly, and that extra items you pick up during a level are dropped off in storage to swap out.

The main problem is that most enemies are the same size as the turtles, so when you're fighting 10+ dudes at once, it's a bastard to see into the chaos to do all the parries that are essential for fighting elites. :argh: Plus there's the ever-annoying flying enemies that stun, and AoE spam from the AI. But it's definitely fun to play when you pick up the mechanics.

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.
I'm actually pretty hyped for NBA 2k16. I don't usually buy sports games but I have enjoyed what I've played of the series. It's pretty nice to get the latest installment for like $1.75. This is basically the kind of thing I like PS+ for: giving me games I wouldn't have bought on my own, but are interesting enough that I'm glad to have the chance to try them. Other examples of this are King's Quest, Gauntlet, Rocket League, and Galak-Z.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Nickoten posted:

I'm actually pretty hyped for NBA 2k16.

prepare for last minute swap to lichdom battlemage

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

The #1 thing people wanted was rpgs and we still aren't getting any

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Maybe we'll be really lucky and get Omega Quintet next month.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Seems likely since I already have it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

AlmightyBob posted:

The #1 thing people wanted was rpgs and we still aren't getting any

they have to come out first i think the first rpgs for ps4 came out a year ago

• Locked thread