Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

TheWevel posted:

Nope. You're the only one.

He's not! :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Party Plane Jones posted:

Steve's singing is one of the best parts of American Dad's musical numbers. :psyduck:

Really I'd only put Scott Grimes as second to the MacFarlanes in vocal talent.
What? Grimes is way, way better with his R&B range than MacFarlane's wannabe crooner schtick. His sister is closer to a talent match though, haha

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

TheRationalRedditor posted:

What? Grimes is way, way better with his R&B range than MacFarlane's wannabe crooner schtick. His sister is closer to a talent match though, haha

For real

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I love all the singing. I'm surprised Seth doesn't do it more often here. Guess maybe he can't do it as well in Stan and Roger's voice.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

SeANMcBAY posted:

I love all the singing. I'm surprised Seth doesn't do it more often here. Guess maybe he can't do it as well in Stan and Roger's voice.

You take that back! The man sings like an angel in every voice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7L4_qY3s8nM

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Grimes is amazing at his R&B work but MacFarlane has been nominated for 4 Grammys and won an Emmy for his music talents. I really wouldn't discount him just because he emulates Sinatra.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Party Plane Jones posted:

Grimes is amazing at his R&B work but MacFarlane has been nominated for 4 Grammys and won an Emmy for his music talents. I really wouldn't discount him just because he emulates Sinatra.

I was watching some old TV opening credits on Youtube and found this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgulXRSMjqk

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I'm trying to remember what episode it was/what was happening when Steve was making that weird groaning sound like "UNHH-eeennh? UNNNH-eeeeeenhh?" Anyone know what I'm on about?

Edit: Found it, he was playing tennis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuCgPn2Q31A

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Brawnfire posted:

I'm trying to remember what episode it was/what was happening when Steve was making that weird groaning sound like "UNHH-eeennh? UNNNH-eeeeeenhh?" Anyone know what I'm on about?

Edit: Found it, he was playing tennis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuCgPn2Q31A

Best Little Horror House in Langley Falls.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

On a related note I've just finished rewatching the series, and I'm still unsure what episode has Stan waking up and yelling "FRANCINE! SEAGULLS! This time they could drive..."

I didn't make this up, right?

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

FireWorksWell posted:

On a related note I've just finished rewatching the series, and I'm still unsure what episode has Stan waking up and yelling "FRANCINE! SEAGULLS! This time they could drive..."

That was from "Meter Made".

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

FireWorksWell posted:

Mister Kingdom posted:

That was from "Meter Made".

And then later there's a call back to this joke in "choosey wives choose smith". When Stan is stranded on a desert island he mentions that he's conquered his fear of seagulls after being forced to eat so many of them to survive.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

And then later there's a call back to this joke in "choosey wives choose smith". When Stan is stranded on a desert island he mentions that he's conquered his fear of seagulls after being forced to eat so many of them to survive.

Seagull bones will make a fine raft.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

smashpro1 posted:

Seagull bones will make a fine raft.

These rocks will make a fine raft.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Mister Kingdom posted:

I was watching some old TV opening credits on Youtube and found this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgulXRSMjqk

Had to look this one up because I do not remember it at all (and I watched a ton of now forgotten TV originally in the 80s):

quote:

Together We Stand, also known as Nothing Is Easy, is an American television series that aired on the CBS network from 1986 to 1987. It was written by Stephen Sustarsic and directed by Andrew D. Weyman.

Together We Stand is about a married couple, David (Elliott Gould) and Lori Randall (Dee Wallace), and their array of adopted children from all walks of life. According to producer Sherwood Schwartz, the plot for this show was originally written as a spin-off from The Brady Bunch called Kelly's Kids. In the January 4, 1974 episode of The Brady Bunch (also titled "Kelly's Kids"; Season 5, Episode 13), which served as a backdoor pilot, the Bradys' neighbors plan on adopting one child but end up adopting three boys, all of different ethnicities.

The series was pulled by CBS after six episodes. The show returned three months later with a new title (Nothing Is Easy), new opening credits, a new theme song, and a new cast member (Julia Migenes as bitter, divorced neighbor Marion Simmons). Elliott Gould did not appear in the revamped series; his character was killed off in an automobile accident, and Dee Wallace-Stone continued on as the family's single mother. The revamp lasted only a couple more episodes.

And I've gotta say it: Although I think this episode was pretty great (both A and B plot), I really hope this is the end of Scott Grimes singing R&B music for no reason at all :can: It's cute and fun in short non-sequitur bursts, but it's one of those things that the Internet latched on to like Principal Lewis being a psychopath, and the writers went with it and gave him full reign to appear whenever and wherever to slap someone and say "[NOUN], BITCHES!!" without any reason for him to be there in the first place. I feel the same way about Steve's singing.

It worked in the hot tub and Krampus episodes because those were musicals, and I liked the time he said "I'm gonna see if they got any R&B on the jukebox in this bitch." and then is seen later singing LSG's "My Body" to a group of women, but by the rubbernecking episode (which was also a musical that didn't need to be a musical), it was wearing a little thin. I hope they put it to rest for a while.

Then I think back to Steve's rendition of The Star Spangled Banner in "In Country Club," and I giggle a little. "That's my..... neighbor's son."

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Neeksy posted:

"The finals, Haley!"

This episode was fantastic.
I mean i was loving it already and then that break dropped. Holy hell this season has hit some highs.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Steve's singing peaked with Daddy's Gone, the best song ever written for AD.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

On the best episode - Hot Water.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Webbeh posted:

On the best episode - Hot Water.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZslldczL5FM

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I dunno, Rapture's Delight is my pick for the best episode.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
its a jones for smith

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

'Joint Custody' still reigns, but there's a wonderful 30 deep list of all-timers by now.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

The best American Dad song and its not even close.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbzHrhRJBHo

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

The Nastier Nate posted:

Seconded. I forgot about this but when it aired I was floored. So good.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

The Nastier Nate posted:

V-V-V-V-VICTORRRR

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

V-V-V-V-VICTORRRR

... and Constantine

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

I always liked how they had enough members to have two Abrahams in the band.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

The Nastier Nate posted:

This is good, too bad the guy who made it shot himself...

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
MON MAY 30 7:30PM
Mine Struggle (Season 13, Episode 18)

Stan unearths a salt mine in the backyard, which a company offers to buy, but it turns out that Steve is the rightful owner of the property and the family pressures him to sell.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

lol at the title

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Babe Magnet posted:

lol at the title
With that title I'm surprised it's not a Klaus episode

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

Last Chance posted:

I always liked how they had enough members to have two Abrahams in the band.

And one of them is in love with B7

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
And now we know the origin of Haley's headband.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Read the OP and wait, this show has been on for 10 years? I could have sworn it's been on since like maybe 2008.

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
Eleven years now.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

skooma512 posted:

Read the OP and wait, this show has been on for 10 years? I could have sworn it's been on since like maybe 2008.

To be honest, the show did start hitting its stride around 2008 and 2009.

The Dark Project
Jun 25, 2007

Give it to me straight...
The B12 song is so good it makes me wish they were an actual band. It's a ludicrous idea to have a boy band with that many members... or is it?

You'd have pretty much enough boys that you could split the personalities enough so everyone who followed them could find a firm favourite amongst them. Each one of them bursting with boy!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

There is a Japanese Idol group that has something like 48 girls in it.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

muscles like this? posted:

There is a Japanese Idol group that has something like 48 girls in it.

AKB 48 if I recall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

V-V-V-V-VICTORRRR

I've got the penis of a MAN!