Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pillow Hat
Sep 11, 2001

What has been seen cannot be unseen.

Reik posted:

Wet food is better because it's less calories/volume than dry food. It also helps with dehydration and kidney function. Timed feedings are also better because you can control their intake easier. Is this your only animal?

I generally recommend not Blue Buffalo, but any of the other top wet food brands would work
Nature's Variety
Wellness
Weruva (They have multiple lines: Truluxe, Cats in the Kitchen, etc)
Tiki Cat
Merrick

As far as a regimen for switching, when we switched our cats from dry food to wet food we just picked up the dry food and start doing a wet food feeding once in the morning and once before bed. Once we found flavors they all liked everything went fine.

Have you taken her to the vet since you got her? Given her age it might be a good idea to do some blood testing to check for things like kidney function and diabetes before committing to a new diet.

Also she is an adorable, albeit fat, cat.

Yes, Bow is my only animal and I'm a med student so I spend a ton of time at my apartment and can control feeding pretty well. I have not taken her to a vet. I'll consider it but honestly I'm so short on cash I don't know if I can afford it. Like I said, I adopted the cat to prevent her from being put down, so I'm not exactly prepared. But you bring up good points, and I'll try to work it in in the fall when I get some more student loans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psychobabble!
Jun 22, 2010

Observing this filth unsettles me
When I switched my cats from free feeding to 2x a meal days(because we got a food obsessed puppy and didn't have any great places to leave the bowl. We just switched cold turkey to it, and would feed the dog in the bathroom and then them, and they did fine besides being annoying as gently caress meowing their heads off demanding food. However, they were both young(2 and 4 respectively), so YMMV and seconding advice to go to the vet if you haven't.

Psychobabble! fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Apr 14, 2016

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Same, I switched my cat cold turkey from free feeding dry to 2x a day wet food, and she didn't seem to mind much at all. Loves her new food, no health issues. The only issue is that every night, about an hour before feeding time, she'll start meowing her head off and refuse to leave a 5ft radius of her food bowl, because apparently this will somehow get her fed earlier (it doesn't).

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
Yeah, mine are the same way. I get up in the morning and immediately have two cats crying for food. This despite a pretty set meal routine for the last three weeks.

lambeth
Aug 31, 2009
I've got bad news for you--that never ends. I switched my cats years ago and they still whine for food usually a half-hour-hour beforehand.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

lambeth posted:

I've got bad news for you--that never ends. I switched my cats years ago and they still whine for food usually a half-hour-hour beforehand.

Yeah, I had a feeling that would be the case. Mine is usually pretty quick on the uptake, so if she hasn't figured out it doesn't work after a month+, she never will.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

lambeth posted:

Looking forward to 18 years of waking up at 6am to feed at 7am.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Sydin posted:

Same, I switched my cat cold turkey from free feeding dry to 2x a day wet food, and she didn't seem to mind much at all. Loves her new food, no health issues. The only issue is that every night, about an hour before feeding time, she'll start meowing her head off and refuse to leave a 5ft radius of her food bowl, because apparently this will somehow get her fed earlier (it doesn't).

I switched from free feeding to 2x a day wet food due to needing prescription food. I actually now use a combination of wet food (for right away) and dry food (for the rest of the time), and she does the same things, and will not eat the wet food (or dry food sometimes) if they're both not there.

Cats man.

ANUSTART
Jun 26, 2013

ur jiri3-pax(PAD)-ra2 al-tukur2?-re
gu-du-ni an-na-ab-be2
a-ra-/ab-gig-ga\-[(X)]-e-ce

- Wisdom of the ages.
Not sure if my dog got into something she wasn't supposed to somehow (I can't imagine what) or if this new bag of Authority Grain Free Adult - Chicken and Pea got my dog sick... but I woke up to a smell and a huge mess :smith: She seems absolutely fine now and acts like she's starving but I'm hesitant to feed her anything, she's eaten this food for almost a year now. I can't find anything about recalls and I apparently missed the hours to call them and ask. I'm scared to feed her this again, should I just go buy a bag or something else really mild in the mean time? She has a tough stomach but I don't want to stir it up now for no reason. But I don't want to give her another meal and she gets sick like that again.

for reference the mess happened about ~4 hours after she ate the food.

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I am the queen of France.

ANUSTART posted:

Not sure if my dog got into something she wasn't supposed to somehow (I can't imagine what) or if this new bag of Authority Grain Free Adult - Chicken and Pea got my dog sick... but I woke up to a smell and a huge mess :smith: She seems absolutely fine now and acts like she's starving but I'm hesitant to feed her anything, she's eaten this food for almost a year now. I can't find anything about recalls and I apparently missed the hours to call them and ask. I'm scared to feed her this again, should I just go buy a bag or something else really mild in the mean time? She has a tough stomach but I don't want to stir it up now for no reason. But I don't want to give her another meal and she gets sick like that again.

for reference the mess happened about ~4 hours after she ate the food.

Dogs can get stomach bugs just like people (I would know, both of mine got a nasty one the other week) so it may not be the food. I wouldn't worry over a one-time incident. If it happens more than once or with a pattern I'd talk to your vet but for now I wouldn't be too concerned.

ANUSTART
Jun 26, 2013

gu-du-ni an-na-ab-be2

- Wisdom of the ages.
Didn't know that actually! Thanks. Gonna introduce tiny amounts of the dry mixed in with more wet food and if she gets sick again I'll take her in.

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

One of my cats occasionally gets a wild hair and likes to eat all of the dry food in his bowl, so that the other cat can't have any, drink all of the water, and then vomit it all up. Usually on my bed. He's fine, he's just dumb. Not saying your dog is doing that, I'm just seconding that they will get an upset stomach from time to time.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Cats throwing up is much more common that dogs throwing up though. If it's not a lot of trouble a trip to the vet might not be a bad idea.

ANUSTART
Jun 26, 2013

gu-du-ni an-na-ab-be2

- Wisdom of the ages.
Yeah and it was soft/liquid from both ends which she never does. She is all better now though and she handles small amounts of the dry food fine. She is due for her yearlys soon anyway so I can bump that forward. Everyone I have talked to said stomach bug, I guess there is one going around here. Thanks guys :wooper:

Damn Bananas
Jul 1, 2007

You humans bore me
I'm thinking about switching my dog (6-y-o male beagle) from Blue Buffalo Wilderness to something else. Two main reasons: 1) I'm not too thrilled about the lawsuit they're having right now regarding false ingredients claims 2) his breath is pretty gross and remains that way even after his teeth cleaning and extraction last month. Vet says sometimes it's a digestion thing, so a new food could help.

Is the OP from 3 years ago still pretty up to date? I am considering Taste of the Wild (Wetlands). Duck, chicken, sweet potato, peas, potato, etc. instead of the chicken, turkey, tapioca starch, peas, tomato pomace. Is this a good side-step from Blue? Does anyone have any happy stories or horror stories? Thanks. :)

Nickelodeon Household
Apr 11, 2010

I like chocolate MIIIILK
My cats have been on Hill's Science Diet C/D for the past 2 years. Are there ANY alternatives that aren't basically a bunch of fat-sprayed corn? Price isn't too much of a concern given the obscene price I already pay for prescription food, but I'd prefer to feed my cats something healthier than McDonalds. I asked this a few years back and was just wondering if there's been any developments.

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

My dog has been puking up bile in the mornings, and I've been told that feeding him a filling bedtime snack will probably help. Does anyone know of something good I could give him before bed to keep his tummy full and prevent the morning hunger pukes?

He's a ~42 lb cattledog who eats 2/3 of a cup of food a day and is still a little tubby so something low calorie would be ideal.

I'm planning on bringing this up with his vet at his next appointment but extra snacks won't hurt to try in the meantime.

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

My dog got the morning barfs and a milkbone or similarly bland biscuit before bed has taken care of the issue. The only problem is now he gets super excited about his bedtime cookie and has started making me go to bed earlier and earlier. Any time I walk near his bed he races over and starts drooling.

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

IGNORE ME! I'M JUST AN OLD WET RAG

Aquatic Giraffe posted:

My dog has been puking up bile in the mornings, and I've been told that feeding him a filling bedtime snack will probably help. Does anyone know of something good I could give him before bed to keep his tummy full and prevent the morning hunger pukes?

He's a ~42 lb cattledog who eats 2/3 of a cup of food a day and is still a little tubby so something low calorie would be ideal.

I'm planning on bringing this up with his vet at his next appointment but extra snacks won't hurt to try in the meantime.

We found that varying the time of the breakfast feeding helped our Pyrenees when this was an issue. He'd start getting wound up, expecting breakfast at a certain time, and would wind up puking up bile. By moving the feeding time around (up to 30 mins earlier, or 30 mins later), this went away.

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I'm gonna give Max some bland dog biscuits (probably also stale, I rarely feed treats outside of training time but he's a dog so he doesn't give a poo poo). We'll see if he keeps his dog fluids to himself in the morning.

On a positive note the last two mornings he's run to the bathroom to puke on the linoleum instead of on my carpet. Good dog.

Tamarillo
Aug 6, 2009
Just throwing it out there, my dog was spewing bile during the night and a little bit during the day and it turned out his food had gone bad due to poor storage in warm weather. A new bag, correctly stored, fixed the issue. Might be worth ruling that out.

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I've been giving him a couple dog biscuits at night for the past week and am pleased to say no more morning pukes have occurred. He's also much more willing to sleep in so win/win. He's got a vet appointment on Monday and I'm still going to bring it up then in case there's something else going on but I think we've got it solved.

Other dog has been eating the same food and has been fine so I'm pretty confident it's not the food.

hogmartin
Mar 27, 2007
My parents are sitting my sister/future brother in law's Rhodesian ridgeback for a bit and he's on some sort of primitive/natural diet. He gets 90% protein and 10% diced veg, and the daily protein is 2x raw chicken leg & thigh twice per day plus some quantity of offal. Is anyone familiar with this diet? They told my mom that chicken hearts count in the offal category, but heart is muscle so I was wondering if that's correct. They're tiny enough that I don't think it's going to skew the ratio either way.

While I'm at it, should I supplement my cats' diet with anything like that? They get Indigo Moon kibble all day from a gravity feeder and Natural Balance LID canned 1-2x per week right now, plus a flake or two of canned tuna if they happen to hear the can opener. If I trim some meat during cooking prep, is it beneficial - or even safe - to put the scrap in their bowl instead of throwing it out? Cats are some weird dichotomy of badass self-sufficient murder machine and delicate flower that will hork for two days and then drop stone dead if they lick an onion so I don't even know.

e: Dad wrote a little song about Theo while he was noodling around on the guitar: http://picosong.com/Kpqx

hogmartin fucked around with this message at 19:40 on May 7, 2016

The blue bunny
May 29, 2013

hogmartin posted:

While I'm at it, should I supplement my cats' diet with anything like that? They get Indigo Moon kibble all day from a gravity feeder and Natural Balance LID canned 1-2x per week right now, plus a flake or two of canned tuna if they happen to hear the can opener. If I trim some meat during cooking prep, is it beneficial - or even safe - to put the scrap in their bowl instead of throwing it out? Cats are some weird dichotomy of badass self-sufficient murder machine and delicate flower that will hork for two days and then drop stone dead if they lick an onion so I don't even know.

Raw diets are hard to do correctly. Chicken necks are meant to be great for cats teeth. (my little fur monster wont eat them). Heart and gizz should be great.To much liver is not meant to cause cats problems. Remember to use human grade meat and practice above average meat perp because cats can pass bacteria into there poos and the litter box and then walk it everywhere. Also us bowls that can be boiled because i read a vet's study about feeding raw and semolina. The conclusion was that bacteria is very hard to kill and most bowls are not cleaned correctly during normal everyday dish washing.

The blue bunny fucked around with this message at 13:37 on May 7, 2016

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I'm very upset about EVO. I know they were bought, and recently by Mars (:barf:) so every batch seems to get worse. This new bag, my cats are constantly starving and begging for food. They've NEVER done this before, they've always been cool with feeding times. I assume they're putting cocaine in it or something.

My one cat is super picky, do you guys have recommendations for a similar food so she won't starve herself*? (Dry food)

*i did the exact food change recommended method but she just didn't eat at all. She's a dick.

E:here she is sticking her tongue out and rolling her eyes: "gently caress you"

Thin Privilege fucked around with this message at 20:28 on May 7, 2016

IdeoPhanthus
Oct 22, 2004

I don't know how similar it is, but my cats personally love Wellness Core original formula. They each get 1/3 cup per day. I tried the core indoor formula once, and they wouldn't touch it.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

I also agree EVO has had cocaine added to it since one of our cats can't get enough of it and licks the bowl clean recently.

Just bought this bag and don't feel like switching it right now though

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
So, my boyfriend's Italian Greyhound has always had digestive problems. Vomiting bile with blood, gurgling stomach, diarrhea, etc. Used to be once a month or two but has turned to once a week.

She always ate dry food supplemented with pumpkin, and inhales it without chewing much, so I tried spreading it around the floor so she had to hunt and peck. It slowed her down but she still doesn't chew well or drink enough water.

We took her to the vet and they prescribed her 10mg Pepcid AC each day, and "Hills I/D" dog food. They asked if we preferred wet or dry food, so I had the bright idea to say let's just try wet food since she never chews.

After two weeks on the Pepcid and the Hills I/D wet food she's like a whole new dog. No stomach issues at all now. I just had a few questions:

1) 10mg of the Pepcid seems like a lot for a 12lbs dog since it's the same as a normal human dose... should we take that down a notch?

2) The Hills I/D wet food is expensive. The dog eats 2/3 of a can each day and the vet charges $29 for 12 cans... gently caress, my own Costco Chili is half that. I searched online but it's $34 at the cheapest pet food store online that stocks it, and it's $65 on Amazon and $85 on eBay. Is there some secret place I can buy it wholesale, or is there another canned food that's reasonably close in ingredients? Seems like I could just cook a turkey in the oven and boil some eggs and make a turkey-pumpkin-egg smoothy and it'd be as good and cheaper.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
You can try doing both wet and dry, since dry is cheaper. Like mix 1/2 wet and 1/2 dry, or like morning wet and evening dry. That's what I do.

thebehaviorist
Jan 11, 2009

I have two cats that I recently switched to natures variety instinct wet food (previously from Lotus wet food) a couple months ago and they were obsessed with it until I opened a new case of food and both cats recoiled when they went to eat it. I tried another can in the same case and same thing. Wouldn't eat it. I'm assuming the case was just a bad batch but now they won't eat any wet food at all. Even the previous wet food they used to eat they will no longer eat. All I can get them to eat is dry food (nature's variety and orijen). They both really need to be on the wet food since they tend to get constipated on dry food but I have no idea what to do at this point. Took them both to the vet last week and everything came back normal. Vet said just feed them whatever they will eat. Anyone had this problem before?

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Anyone have any experience feeding giant breed dogs? I've got an Irish Wolfhound puppy showing up in a few weeks and I'm getting some conflicting information. The two breeders I've talked to about it say lower protein is best. The Internet tells me the protein thing has been debunked and that low calcium is what you want (along with not over feeding or over exercising)

Just trying to get as many opinions as I can on this.

LoreOfSerpents
Dec 29, 2001

No.

thebehaviorist posted:

I have two cats that I recently switched to natures variety instinct wet food (previously from Lotus wet food) a couple months ago and they were obsessed with it until I opened a new case of food and both cats recoiled when they went to eat it. I tried another can in the same case and same thing. Wouldn't eat it. I'm assuming the case was just a bad batch but now they won't eat any wet food at all. Even the previous wet food they used to eat they will no longer eat. All I can get them to eat is dry food (nature's variety and orijen). They both really need to be on the wet food since they tend to get constipated on dry food but I have no idea what to do at this point. Took them both to the vet last week and everything came back normal. Vet said just feed them whatever they will eat. Anyone had this problem before?
You could try different types of wet food. You can get canned food in pate style, cubed, shredded, etc., so a different-looking food might help. I keep a few cans of Solid Gold Blended Tuna around for when one of my cats decides she doesn't like her normal food anymore. Some folks keep Fancy Feast around for the same reason.

You should also report what happened to Nature's Variety. I had something similar happen with Wellness Core a while back, and they were nice about it. They wanted the lot number so they could pull a sample and make sure it was safe, then told me to return the food to the store and sent me a bunch of coupons.

thebehaviorist
Jan 11, 2009

LoreOfSerpents posted:

You could try different types of wet food. You can get canned food in pate style, cubed, shredded, etc., so a different-looking food might help. I keep a few cans of Solid Gold Blended Tuna around for when one of my cats decides she doesn't like her normal food anymore. Some folks keep Fancy Feast around for the same reason.

You should also report what happened to Nature's Variety. I had something similar happen with Wellness Core a while back, and they were nice about it. They wanted the lot number so they could pull a sample and make sure it was safe, then told me to return the food to the store and sent me a bunch of coupons.

Thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately I've tried all of those! I did the tuna, the pate, shredded, dehydrated and added water, fancy feast. Nothing :/ I told the store about the food and they didn't seem to care other than telling me I could bring it back.

I'll keep trying!

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Zero VGS posted:

So, my boyfriend's Italian Greyhound has always had digestive problems. Vomiting bile with blood, gurgling stomach, diarrhea, etc. Used to be once a month or two but has turned to once a week.

She always ate dry food supplemented with pumpkin, and inhales it without chewing much, so I tried spreading it around the floor so she had to hunt and peck. It slowed her down but she still doesn't chew well or drink enough water.

We took her to the vet and they prescribed her 10mg Pepcid AC each day, and "Hills I/D" dog food. They asked if we preferred wet or dry food, so I had the bright idea to say let's just try wet food since she never chews.

After two weeks on the Pepcid and the Hills I/D wet food she's like a whole new dog. No stomach issues at all now. I just had a few questions:

1) 10mg of the Pepcid seems like a lot for a 12lbs dog since it's the same as a normal human dose... should we take that down a notch?

2) The Hills I/D wet food is expensive. The dog eats 2/3 of a can each day and the vet charges $29 for 12 cans... gently caress, my own Costco Chili is half that. I searched online but it's $34 at the cheapest pet food store online that stocks it, and it's $65 on Amazon and $85 on eBay. Is there some secret place I can buy it wholesale, or is there another canned food that's reasonably close in ingredients? Seems like I could just cook a turkey in the oven and boil some eggs and make a turkey-pumpkin-egg smoothy and it'd be as good and cheaper.

Just an update, we weened her off of the Hills I/D and got her on the "Purina Beyond: Grain-Free Wet Food Variety Pack" at Target. She still hasn't vomited once in two months since we've been giving her wet food and Pepcid, when it used to be weekly at worst.

It's not tremendously cheaper; it runs around $22 for 12 cans instead of $29 for the Hills I/D, but it also has similar ingredients (one might argue better ingredients, as the Hills I/D uses a bunch of corn stuff).

The other subtle difference is the cans have about 20% more calories in them than the I/D, so that's some extra value too.

Most importantly when we were weaning her off, we'd put half of each food in each side of the bowl and she's specifically sniff each one out and go for the Purina first, for four meals in a row.

I was reading that the Costco grain free wet food is really high-quality at half the price so I might try that next.

Dogwood Fleet
Sep 14, 2013

Zero VGS posted:

Just an update, we weened her off of the Hills I/D and got her on the "Purina Beyond: Grain-Free Wet Food Variety Pack" at Target. She still hasn't vomited once in two months since we've been giving her wet food and Pepcid, when it used to be weekly at worst.

It's not tremendously cheaper; it runs around $22 for 12 cans instead of $29 for the Hills I/D, but it also has similar ingredients (one might argue better ingredients, as the Hills I/D uses a bunch of corn stuff).

The other subtle difference is the cans have about 20% more calories in them than the I/D, so that's some extra value too.

Most importantly when we were weaning her off, we'd put half of each food in each side of the bowl and she's specifically sniff each one out and go for the Purina first, for four meals in a row.

I was reading that the Costco grain free wet food is really high-quality at half the price so I might try that next.

It's about as good as you can do for quality and about as well you can do for cost. I think it was like $22 for 18 cans or something, I'd have to go downstairs to check.

porkswordonboard
Aug 27, 2007
You should get that looked at

Hey pet nutrition thread, just wanted to give y'all a tip: Can't find the fancy, excellent food you want nearby? Does your store not seem to carry what you're looking for, but you still want to patronize a local business? Many stores can special order what you want, and won't charge you extra for it-at least the one I work at doesn't. In fact, they might JUMP at the chance to do this for you, as it means you're pretty much a guaranteed customer. The added benefits are that they'll be extra sure to try and beat the price of competing businesses, you won't have to pay shipping if you usually order online, and instead of your money going into Amazon's greedy, greedy fingers it goes back into your local economy. My store even does free local delivery, and others might too, so you may even be getting literally every benefit of online shopping with the added bonus of supporting local business. If your pet doesn't do well on the food you've ordered, most places have some sort of return policy as well-the pet food companies have 'satisfaction guaranteed' policies, and it's much easier to return/exchange through a brick-and-mortar store. My particular store guarantees EVERY food we sell, and we can't be the only ones. Also, many stores offer free samples. Free, I say! So if you have a picky dog/cat it's super easy to see if they're even remotely interested in whatever you're considering.

Just something to keep in mind. Carry on.

Psychobabble!
Jun 22, 2010

Zero VGS posted:

The Kirkland signature nature's domain turkey and pea stew(which is at least one of the dog foods costco sells, not sure if they have another kind) is rated 5/5 on dog food advisor and even my extremely picky husky loves it, and a case of 24 13.5 Oz cans is 20 bucks through Google express (not sure if it'd be more or less in an actual costco store but man its convenient having it delivered). A+ would recommend at least giving it a shot. It's also grain free.

It seems like the issue with eating too quickly worked itself out, but if you still need a solution when I had my shiba she also would eat way too fast. I fed her a raw diet that came in kind of a paste(Darwin raw food is great btw <3), and I would put it into a Kong, ideally, if my ex remembered to do it the night before, put in the freezer. It slowed her down and had the added benefit of making her work for it so it got some energy out.

Also, just fyi everyone, I mentioned Darwins raw food up there and I'd like to just say that they offer a free ten lb case of the stuff to try out to see if your dog likes it and has several different kinds with different protein sources, all grain free. Shipping is free in seattle(maybe all of the pnw but I can't remember), but tbh isn't that bad outside of that range either. Highly recommend giving it a shot if you've ever considered raw.

Dogwood Fleet
Sep 14, 2013

Psychobabble! posted:

The Kirkland signature nature's domain turkey and pea stew(which is at least one of the dog foods costco sells, not sure if they have another kind) is rated 5/5 on dog food advisor and even my extremely picky husky loves it, and a case of 24 13.5 Oz cans is 20 bucks through Google express (not sure if it'd be more or less in an actual costco store but man its convenient having it delivered). A+ would recommend at least giving it a shot. It's also grain free.

Augh, this is the correct price and quantity, I totally had it wrong. Costco is the best kind of ridiculous.

Psychobabble!
Jun 22, 2010

Dogwood Fleet posted:

Augh, this is the correct price and quantity, I totally had it wrong. Costco is the best kind of ridiculous.

Right? I mix 1/3 of a can into Dorian's dry food morning and night, and he went from picking at the dry food and only eating a bite or two, to finishing the bowl(still takes him a few trips back and forth but better than it was!). I'm thinking about bumping it up to half a can per meal cause hes still really underweight (he's 33 lbs last I checked) since it's so cheap, but now I'm rambling :). <br>
<br>
I'm not sure how it stacks up calorie wise compared to the Purina stuff, but according to the can, it's 356 kcal/can. It also mentions "(ME calculated):952 kcal/kg". Apparently they offer a money back guarantee if you aren't satisfied so yeah, definitely worth checking out

Also I should correct myself. It's 13.2 Oz, not 13.5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thebehaviorist
Jan 11, 2009

Update on my cat eating and vomiting. Cat sitter recommended TIKI cat food. Gave it to him and he gobbled it up. No vomiting. Other cat likes it too. Too bad it would cost me $175 a month just to feed it to them! Of course he would like the most expensive one. He's such a jerk. Now I'm off to find a cheaper alternative I can pair and fade out the expensive food.