Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
EDIT: Huh somehow doubleposted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

i mash f5 liberally and also do manual saves before events i know from memory are a big deal, or if i haven't but i suspect are.

For example, I acidentally chose a wrong dialog option during the mage escape and I did the exact opposite of what I wanted to do.

F5 and manual save often

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

I was going to wait for the 1070gtx to come out and replace my aged 760 but with Blood and Wine coming so soon, I really can't wait - went and picked up an EVGA 970 and use Step Up when the 1070 is out.

Holy poo poo this game gets pretty huh?

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Even on my "sticks and stones" old 660 indeed.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I'm waiting for consumer feedback on the 1080 and for my tax return to come in before making any upgrade decisions. Until then, my 960m happily toots along about as well as you'd expect a laptop card to do.

Aloofa
Apr 24, 2010
When the first DLC dropped I was well into my new game plus file on sword and broken bones difficulty. I was pretty disappointed that I had to reach the end of the game more or less to experience the new content. I was really pushing my way to the content for a week or so to reach HOS and burned out. Earlier this week I decided to just load up my pre new game plus file to get through HOS and I'm glad I did. On my NG+ file I was super bored because every time I leveled my points went into nothing because my build was pretty solid as is. Is the new expansion adding a lot to improve getting so many extra "talent points"?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

hemophilia posted:

You just got pesta'd :haw:

A good rule of thumb in the Witcherverse is "never trust ghosts."

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Oxxidation posted:

I learned that the hard way the first time I played Roche's path in Witcher 2.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

GuyUpNorth posted:

Even on my "sticks and stones" old 660 indeed.

The game runs on medium on my 5770, CD Projekt Red need to put every other game dev out of business if they don't agree to start putting effort into code.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Returned to the game after a long time to finish some things up in preparation for Blood and Wine. Finding that I'm walking extremely slow, the camera is really close to Geralt's back, but I'm not over-encumbered. Is this a known bug?

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

So, I just did the runewright quest. Not quite done with the main story, but i was the right level. Anyway, I dropped 5k, did these quests, and the dude needs 10k more to upgrade to the next level! That's a bunch of balls!

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

hemophilia posted:

So, I just did the runewright quest. Not quite done with the main story, but i was the right level. Anyway, I dropped 5k, did these quests, and the dude needs 10k more to upgrade to the next level! That's a bunch of balls!

He ends up needing a total of 30k to max out. It isn't worth it. There are some fairly neat runewords but nothing game-changing.

MikeC
Jul 19, 2004
BITCH ASS NARC
You should be able to easily afford it if you are reasonably diligent with your vendoring

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
I had so much money by endgame that I pretty had nothing else to burn it on but the runewright.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Yeah, if you have the money there's no reason not to. It's just that it isn't worth saving up money specifically for the runewright or anything like that.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
This game just keeps delivering on great characters. I'm fresh in Novigrad and it is just a revolving slideshow of noteworthy people.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Arcsquad12 posted:

I'm waiting for consumer feedback on the 1080 and for my tax return to come in before making any upgrade decisions. Until then, my 960m happily toots along about as well as you'd expect a laptop card to do.

Looks like I might be waiting a while longer for this one, considering Canada thinks it's okay to charge double the price of the American ones.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Why doesn't this game have any katana's? I feel like Geralt would be really cool with some katana's.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I'm not going to look because I dread the results but I'd bet someone, somewhere on the internet has your back.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
lol

http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/1198/

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
In particular it's great to see the game continues to have quests lead into other quests. It's great to go on one quest line, meet an NPC who has their own quest, which in turn takes you to a town where you'll run into four more quests. It makes the world feel very much alive, particularly in the city areas, because it gives you a sense that these people do live with and around each other, and their lives intersect in natural ways.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

cheesetriangles posted:

Why doesn't this game have any katana's? I feel like Geralt would be really cool with some katana's.

The game doesn't have any Asians. Which is weird because the Witcher Medallion hanging from my rear view mirror vibrates whenever there's one driving nearby.

Orv
May 4, 2011

The weirdest part is how they don't look like complete garbage.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Orv posted:

The weirdest part is how they don't look like complete garbage.

These polygons have been folded over ten thousand times creating an image so sharp that if you printed it out, and dropped a European sword onto its edge the paper cut would slice clean through.

WhiskeyWhiskers fucked around with this message at 07:08 on May 29, 2016

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Git gud and keep killing cows. :colbert:

Tonight after 150 hours in game did I get the "Moo-derer" achivement.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

extra stout posted:

There are then I believe 5 novels that are actual a linear story, with I think 4 now as of recently out in English by an American publisher for like 8 dollars a book on Amazon.

There was also another book, Season of Storms, released like 3 years ago.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Dallan Invictus posted:

In that vein, the changelog for the 1.20 patch that's coming alongside the DLC is available and it's a doozy.

source: https://twitter.com/Marcin360/status/736210160788475904

drat that's awesome. I never finished this game but everytime I jump back in they improve it. I'm gonna buy this DLC and play this on and off until I die it seems

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

cheesetriangles posted:

I will destroy you

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
The only thing I'd want from that patch above and beyond is it would be the ability to upgrade relic weapons and armor. I've come to enjoy that feature from The Enhancement System mod.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
Also a bugfix for Reason of State to stop invincible enemies from spawning would have been nice.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Oxxidation posted:

Well, unless they have a jaunty walk.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Blood and wine is downloadable on ps4 now damnit I want to play it so much :(

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

When you say downloadable, do you mean it's playable? Or that it's a preload sort of thing?

Does gog have a preload? probably not.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I'm not done with Hearts of Stone yet, I just want the 1.20 patch for all those sweet, sweet UI improvements.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

hemophilia posted:

When you say downloadable, do you mean it's playable? Or that it's a preload sort of thing?

Does gog have a preload? probably not.

Yeah it's a preload. Not playable yet. No idea about gog.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

When is this being released? Steam says the 30th, but I've been seeing the 31st everywhere else.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Lyer posted:

When is this being released? Steam says the 30th, but I've been seeing the 31st everywhere else.
It's supposed to be Tuesday, but maybe CD Projekt will release it early?

They seem to have already done it for consoles.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Accordion Man posted:

It's supposed to be Tuesday, but maybe CD Projekt will release it early?

They seem to have already done it for consoles.

Seems like it's Tuesday midnight, in Poland or something. (Bucharest I guess actually so not quite Poland). It'll be out at 5pm EST tomorrow roughly.

MagusDraco fucked around with this message at 19:10 on May 29, 2016

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

havenwaters posted:

Seems like it's Tuesday midnight, in Poland or something.
Ah yeah, that make sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Oh nice, that's a good chunk of time on a holiday.