Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
So what are the items in the lava in the Demon Ruins? I've never bothered to get them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Manatee Cannon posted:

dragonslayer swordspear caps out at c scaling in faith. not sure if anything else goes higher than that

AGS gets S in all elemental Scaling when infused appropriately.

Deified Data posted:

So what are the items in the lava in the Demon Ruins? I've never bothered to get them.

White hair talisman (Pyro/miracle talisman), Toxic Mist and Sacred Flame.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 16:53 on May 29, 2016

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Rigged Death Trap posted:

AGS gets S in all elemental Scaling when infused appropriately.

he was asking about innate scaling tho, not infusions

looking into it a little more, I see that the golden ritual spear starts with b scaling in faith and goes to a once upgraded

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Manatee Cannon posted:

he was asking about innate scaling tho, not infusions

looking into it a little more, I see that the golden ritual spear starts with b scaling in faith and goes to a once upgraded

Maybe a case of seperate scaling for the purposes of spells and actually using the spear.
Ala the Pilgrims spontoon and Blue Flame.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

Maybe a case of seperate scaling for the purposes of spells and actually using the spear.

I miss the blue flame. Dual wielding caster build was fun.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
So... Should I stop at SL 80 for PvP or SL 120? I made a faith build that seems to work at either albeit 120 is a bit easier to pull off.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

maybe but I don't think so. it has split damage

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Genocyber posted:

It could theoretically be useful for a Luck/Int build, where you focus on Anri's and buff it with CMW. Thus having a staff that scales with Luck and Int would probably let you sorc decently. But apparently the luck scaling does not affect weapon buffs so lol.

Yup, they never bothered to check whether alternative scalings apply to weapon buffs. The same problem exists with Golden Ritual Spear, the buff still tries to scale off of Int.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Genocyber posted:

A good weapon for pure faith builds is actually a raw Dragonslayer axe, especially since it received some AR alterations in a recent patch, lowering its scaling but buffing the physical and lightning base damage. You'll get the most out of the physical AR by making it raw, and then with the pretty decent innate lightning AR you can make lightning blade work really well. You'll end up with like ~500-ish lightning AR when buffed with an additional ~20o-ish physical AR, maxed out.

Huh, thanks for the tip! I'll have to try it.

Manatee Cannon posted:

dragonslayer swordspear caps out at c scaling in faith. not sure if anything else goes higher than that

Sadly the Swordspear is actually why I asked. I've been using a Lightning Astora Greatsword most of the time on my main file but am getting bored of the moveset. The Swordspear was the first thing I tried, but at only enough Str/Dex to wield it and 60 Faith, its damage is pitiful! For comparison it's showing ~400 damage on the stat-screen, ~500 after using its special (which does at least hit okay). And that's split into something like ~280 physical and 120/220 Lightning too which is about the worst way it can be split. Meanwhile my Lightning infused AGS does 650 damage of which 500 is Lightning. Reason is the Swordspear is only getting ~100 damage from scaling while the Lightning AGS is getting more like 300. Swordspear really seems tailored for physical builds rather than faith builds, or alternatively just for NG+/++ where you can get all of them to 40.

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

Manatee Cannon posted:

demon's souls has a lot of really easily cheese-able bosses. maneater's the only one I can think of that doesn't have a way to fight it without it ever touching you. doesn't hurt that the sl1 classes in demon's and dark souls 1 are the strongest in their respective games either

the soul of cinder having two full health bars probably doesn't help

You can shoot arrows at maneaters through the fog door.

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.

ScorpioMajesty posted:

So... Should I stop at SL 80 for PvP or SL 120? I made a faith build that seems to work at either albeit 120 is a bit easier to pull off.

80, 100, and 120 are all perfectly fine stopping points. The 120s are probably going to have the NG+ rings though.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

you can shoot one of the maneaters through the fog door but I'm pretty sure you have to fight the other legit

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Manatee Cannon posted:

demon's souls has a lot of really easily cheese-able bosses. maneater's the only one I can think of that doesn't have a way to fight it without it ever touching you. doesn't hurt that the sl1 classes in demon's and dark souls 1 are the strongest in their respective games either

the soul of cinder having two full health bars probably doesn't help

Is there a way to know, in his melee phase, if SoC will extend a two hit combo to three hits? He does it every so often and it screws me up. This is one of the main ways I die - generally if I do a roll but get hit first, it will proc the roll after I'm hit, which is incredibly irritating. I gave it another hour this morning but had to stop. Got him halfway down in Gwyn phase once.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me

Stokes posted:

80, 100, and 120 are all perfectly fine stopping points. The 120s are probably going to have the NG+ rings though.

I think I'll go 120 then because I want to do ng+ and even ++ of possible.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
BTW blessed infusion is really underrated and I love it for both pve and pvp.

Southern Heel
Jul 2, 2004

Late-game Lothric, is there anything worth finding between dancer and oceiros ? After the blue red-eye knight with the mace and greatshield I pretty much just ran around like a headless chicken until I found the shortcut back, then used that and the sneaky sniper spot to make it to Oceiros.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

ScorpioMajesty posted:

BTW blessed infusion is really underrated and I love it for both pve and pvp.
It's great for the catacombs, if you haven't got the stats to use Blessed Weapon. Put away the regular sword, whip out the blessed one, step on a trap and die anyway. :unsmigghh:

Soho Joe
Aug 11, 2006

the torment of existence
weighed against
the horror of nonbeing
Nap Ghost

Southern Heel posted:

Late-game Lothric, is there anything worth finding between dancer and oceiros ? After the blue red-eye knight with the mace and greatshield I pretty much just ran around like a headless chicken until I found the shortcut back, then used that and the sneaky sniper spot to make it to Oceiros.

Do a suicide run or two of the spooky poop swamp, you should have enough healing to survive the Toxic for a long time plus it's a small area. There's also a ledge you can jump to as the elevator near the greatshield guy goes down!

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Southern Heel posted:

There's mostly upgrade materials like scales and chunks along with the shadow set/claws from DS1. The unique stuff like the estus shard and the dragon scale ring you get from jumping off one of the elevators at the right time (so there's no danger) and there's a ring of sacrifice just around the starting corner iirc.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(
I got that luck sword from what's her name. I got a ton of luck and faith now. Is there any specific rings or enchants or anything I should be doing on this build? I don't really know this game well.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
Am I correct in reading the Golden Ritual Spear allows sorceries to be casted based on your faith? So I could do a 60fth build and cast CMW or whatever. Do you use it offhand to cast spells?

Southern Heel
Jul 2, 2004

Thanks for tips, I have mats out my rear end so may not bother as I have the other pieces.

My alt was int/dex but I'm just getting wrecked seven days from sunday. My original (just about to step into NG+ now) was quality with Exile Greatsword + Bow, respecced now full STR with Yhorm's Machete/Greatclub. What would be a good alternate build? Pure dex with dagger/shortswords?

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

SubponticatePoster posted:

Am I correct in reading the Golden Ritual Spear allows sorceries to be casted based on your faith? So I could do a 60fth build and cast CMW or whatever. Do you use it offhand to cast spells?

Yes, but you still need to meet the individual spell intelligence requirements, so you still need 30+ Int for good spell variety. You cast spells with the r2, same as any weapon catalyst.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

You can but you still need to meet the int requirements to actually cast spells so its pretty much worthless. To cast high level spells would require a huge investment in both int and faith.

Mangrub's staff has the same problem, which sucks because it actually looks cool.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Stokes posted:

Hell, pretty much every increment of 20 levels has some high-population PVP hub. 20 for Settlement, 40 for Cathedral and Watchdogs stuff, 60-80 through Irithyll, and 100-120 for varying intensities of endgame PVP.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

How viable would a bleed/sorcery build be?

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

limited posted:

It's great for the catacombs, if you haven't got the stats to use Blessed Weapon. Put away the regular sword, whip out the blessed one, step on a trap and die anyway. :unsmigghh:

the glow eye skellys only revive once if you hit them with a non-blessed weapon

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
Any good weapon ideas for my pyromancer? Preferably something weird and also not fire based. I've been using the pyro hand in the left and the dark hand in the right. Originally it was switched but the dark hand sucks as a shield and I can never seem to hit someone with the grab (and it doesn't even work on most humanoid NPCs). I've had a lot of fun just using it to bash dudes heads in with attack mode though. Has nice scaling but unfortunately it seems you can't upgrade it.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Actually, no.

Buffs only use their original stat to scale off of, no matter what you cast them from. A Crystal Magic Weapon cast from Golden Ritual Spear will be quite weak.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
OK here's my build.

Knight start

Lvl 120
30 vig
30 att
20 end
20 vit
18 str
14 dex
9 int
60 fai
8 luc

Ring of steel protection, lightning clutch ring, ring of suns first born and sun princess ring.

Blessed dragon slayers axe.
Blessed fashion souls shield (with parry or weapon skill but I like parry)
Saints talisman
Knights crossbow

Great lightning spear
Lightning stake
Lightning storm

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
I'm at 40 DEX, 18 STR, 20 END & 27 VGR now. Gotta decide how to finish my build. I liked being a darkmoon in DS1, would 30ish faith for some utility spellcasting & buffing be all right? I'd like to be somewhat effective in PvP as well.

Not that I have found any good miracles yet, but hopefully those will follow.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me

double nine posted:

How viable would a bleed/sorcery build be?

That was my first build! It works well enough. The man grub staff makes it work well. The only down side is that you need intelligence for spell requirements but you can get by on 25int

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

now this is a fight club I can get behind

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTEatf1idVE

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Is it possible to get the weapon that the undead settlement peasants use? Like in this image:

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

double nine posted:

Is it possible to get the weapon that the undead settlement peasants use? Like in this image:

Nope. You can get the pitchfork but not the cleaver. The Butcher's Knife works in a pinch though.

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

The lantern would be a sweet looking pyro flame replacement

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

GloomMouse posted:

The lantern would be a sweet looking pyro flame replacement

I could do with a reskin though the animation would probably be weird, especially with stuff like sacred flame

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

I really hope a fix for summoning is on the way. On PS4 I can't see more than one summon every ten or so minutes. I get summoned via my stone and auto summoned via covenant on a regular basis.

My network settings are all good. Not soft banned or anything. If I make a new character it is good for a bit but the summons dissappear within an hour or two.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Quick spoiler-free question: I found a pointy-hatted dudette at the irithyll dungeon. Is the key to her cell in the area, or should I continue forwards? Couldn't find the correct key yet, even though I thought I did a proper search.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Smol posted:

Quick spoiler-free question: I found a pointy-hatted dudette at the irithyll dungeon. Is the key to her cell in the area, or should I continue forwards? Couldn't find the correct key yet, even though I thought I did a proper search.

Continue forwards, it's available later.