Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I love this show, I just hate that we're only getting a single cour for now. I guess I'm diving into the Manga when it's done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Pinwiz11 posted:

I love this show, I just hate that we're only getting a single cour for now. I guess I'm diving into the Manga when it's done.
Seeing what's been going on in the manga lately and in particular the chapter that just came out today, I literally cannot wait for it to be animated. I will build myself a time machine to go and see this arc in animated form

If you're enjoying it now boy howdy does it go places, like they haven't even introduced a fairly huge portion of the cast yet

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Mordaedil posted:

My guess is that we'll eventually see a revision of his costume where one side is on constant fire and the other is ice.

He appears to have abandoned the ice part of the costume later on.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

MonsterEnvy posted:

He appears to have abandoned the ice part of the costume later on.

Well, I mean in the way future, past manga as it currently stands as well. We haven't even seen Deku in his custome for a while either.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

really

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Disappointed they cut the line that ends the associated manga chapter, but on the whole I think they did about as well as they could for this episode.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

LostRook posted:

Disappointed they cut the line that ends the associated manga chapter, but on the whole I think they did about as well as they could for this episode.

Huh, yeah, that's an odd omission. They might be putting it at the start of the next episode, I guess, to make that flow better.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Feels like they decided to amplify the Uraraka cuteness factor by 500% this episode. It felt slow again though.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Iida's wacky midair flips were animated beautifully

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Oh poo poo waddup, it's Tsuyu time.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Tsuyu is very perceptive, too powerful

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The villains coming out of the portal is horrendously done. Good god.

bondster
May 6, 2007

Fabricated posted:

The villains coming out of the portal is horrendously done. Good god.

This whole episode screamed "budget episode" to me. Which is fine because this is will probably be the last non actiony episode for the rest of the season

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I hear he once serviced 16 people at once.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Shigaraki Tomura, folks. Let's give him a big hand.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
poor poor kid

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Still really glad this manga is getting animated. Uraraka furiously nodding as Thirteen talked was super cute, you can even see their influence on her in her costume.

Tsuyu's voice is really good and Hand Boy coming out of the portal is still pretty great even if the mass group scene looked a lil Eh.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I guess every anime must have an episode that has no budget whatsoever. Oh well, I can take it.

I also hope we get everyone furiously nodding at some point. We got Deku, we got Uraraka. Continue.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Watched the first few episodes of the dub and I like this show a lot. Not going to read this thread because I won't be keeping up with the subbed version, but just want to give my 2 cents. Haven't read the manga or anything but the premise is right up my alley.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Quite surprised the dub is already being made.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I don't like Thirteen's voice too much, but this new ep was alright even if it was mostly just the class rep stuff.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Quite surprised the dub is already being made.

The process is much more streamlined these days. The existence of the internet means companies have to work quickly otherwise their target market is just going to watch it with subs. And if they don't get a subbed version out fast enough they'll watch a fansubbed version.

Major Ricardo
Jan 30, 2001

nerdz posted:

poor poor kid

Play-doh barbershop quirk?

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
His hair is an endless supply of chocolate and/or poo poo. (this is not true at all)

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Some of them are chocolate, some are turds, his quirk is Russian Roulette

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Where's the best place to watch this

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

khy posted:

Where's the best place to watch this

legally, it's on Hulu and Funimation. :filez: shouldn't be hard to find if you're in an area not served by those two.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

dogsicle posted:

legally, it's on Hulu and Funimation. :filez: shouldn't be hard to find if you're in an area not served by those two.

Hulu is rear end and no matter what extensions I use it always has those commercial pauses. I was hoping it'd be legally available elsewhere.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Well, we can't change reality, so I guess your choice for legal pursuit is to go Funimation or get the discs at a later date.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

khy posted:

Hulu is rear end and no matter what extensions I use it always has those commercial pauses. I was hoping it'd be legally available elsewhere.

Hulu is actually really good if you pay the moronic premium for getting rid of ads on top of their subscription fee. Their interface and discoverability are great, and I've never had any of the weird hiccups that I sometimes get with Netflix.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

blastron posted:

Hulu is actually really good if you pay the moronic premium for getting rid of ads on top of their subscription fee. Their interface and discoverability are great, and I've never had any of the weird hiccups that I sometimes get with Netflix.

Isn't it something like 8bux a month and you still get commercials, and 12bux for none at all?

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Yeah, I've been thinking about cancelling Netflix since I got ad free Hulu a few months ago.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Well, I knew I'd love the show given that I loved the manga but yeah. It's totally worth the hassle of dealing with Hulu.

TheComicFiend
Oct 4, 2013

Let's Survive
For the super impatient (like me), I believe there's a 1 day delay so funimation has it up by Sunday mornings, and hulu gets it Mondays.

Galvanik
Feb 28, 2013

A friend of mine is interested in binging the whole season once it's over, is there any info on how many episodes are left?

Jintor
May 19, 2014

Galvanik posted:

A friend of mine is interested in binging the whole season once it's over, is there any info on how many episodes are left?

I think it's a 13-episode slot, so I think 4 remain.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
As a very casual reader of the manga, definitely hoping they get greenlit for a bunch more seasons, but yes, for now it's just 13.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
It's almost assured that we'll see more seasons once this one is over considering how popular it's gotten

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It seems more shonen adaptations seem to be taking the "Do a season then do another one down the road" instead of filler hell.

Which has its own issues sure, but I'd like to think this kind of thing is preferable, though I would actually like to seem some silly high school filler shenanigans in MHA.

• Locked thread