Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zelmel
Sep 17, 2004

O brain new world, that has such ganglia in't!

Saint Sputnik posted:

Between the two alt start mods posted above, I prefer the newer one. It had a couple movement/camera bugs initially that he ironed out pretty quick, should be solid now. It's faster than the other one since he doesn't make you sit through the Shaun kidnapping scene; and it's very flexible, lets you choose your profession and starting weapon and gear, and there are way more locations than the slightly older alt-start mod. He needs to add Goodneighbor tho.

I'm using this one
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/13768/

It's worth noting that unless he changed it back, you don't have to sit through the kidnapping scene in the other one as of a few days back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

I think I'm in love with barns...

Top floor: rooms

Main floor: Vendors, Crafting

Bottom floor: Power armor display, and the hatch to my personal bunker

Bunker:

Rest: http://imgur.com/a/FwCBc

DuoGodOfDeath
Feb 20, 2007
Anyone else having problems with the new NMM 61.23 not launching at all?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

DuoGodOfDeath posted:

Anyone else having problems with the new NMM 61.23 not launching at all?

NMM loads fine for me. Fallout refuses to start when launched FROM NMM however. Running it standalone works fine, running it from NMM crashes after the loader.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I've been using it all day with neither of those problems.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Lotish posted:

I've been using it all day with neither of those problems.

Mine turned out to be resulting from my clean reinstall of fo4. NMM expects the ini changes to be there even if you've installed no mods, and not having them there causes fallout to crash. After I did the ini changes it all worked so I've started re-installing my mods.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

Otacon posted:

I think I'm in love with barns...

This rules. What mods are you using?

Also is any of that Far Harbor because I don't have that yet.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

RaspberryCommie posted:

The barns are Far Harbor, yes.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
How is the war on the commonwealth mod supposed to even be fun (especially on survival)?

Took me over two hours to get into the museum, in the time it took to kill the 5 raiders inside, everything had already respawned (multiple glowing ones, super mutants, forged, and a couple of extra roaming gangs of raiders). Deathclaw at least killed 90% of it. In the time it took Preston to give his speech it was all back again and I could see headlamps from power armor coming from two of the other roads so probably more forged on the way.

There's literally not enough potential ammunition between Sanctuary and Concord to kill all that poo poo, especially as it's all skull level since the mod makes no attempt to keep things tiered.

And I'm on the lowest spawn rate.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

RaspberryCommie posted:

Thanks! Yeah, barns (and the concrete buildings/posts) are all DLC.

Couldn't have done it as easily without Place Everywhere and Vanilla Extensions. The extra workbenches are Armorsmith Extended, the filled vendor stalls are Immersive Vendors, some parts are from Homemaker, I'm also using Longer Power Lines, the awesome Raider Power Armor designs are from Raider Overhaul, a few pieces from Stairs Ladders Ramps and the bunker is the storage warehouse from Basement Living. That's literally it for the building mods I've been using.

I really really love Basement Living. Funny story, I had originally done my BIG SETTLEMENT at Hangman's Alley, but got pretty upset with a few things involving 25+ settlers there. Scrapped it all, and was trying to figure out how to move all my power armor frames, collected weapons and armor, and pretty much everything I had stored in Hangmans. Found out by accident that if you rebuild the exact basement (in my case, the Storage Warehouse) in a new settlement, it transfers all of its contents instead of making a new cell. Stuffed all of my goodies into it, scrapped everything in Hangmans, built my bunker in Starlight Drive In, and bam! Everything in my basement was moved over. Really great mod, and makes Radstorms (and hearing my settlers complain and stomp around everywhere) a thing of the past.

Big Barns are great and I recommend the DLC just so you can build big barns.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Azhais posted:

How is the war on the commonwealth mod supposed to even be fun (especially on survival)?

Took me over two hours to get into the museum, in the time it took to kill the 5 raiders inside, everything had already respawned (multiple glowing ones, super mutants, forged, and a couple of extra roaming gangs of raiders). Deathclaw at least killed 90% of it. In the time it took Preston to give his speech it was all back again and I could see headlamps from power armor coming from two of the other roads so probably more forged on the way.

There's literally not enough potential ammunition between Sanctuary and Concord to kill all that poo poo, especially as it's all skull level since the mod makes no attempt to keep things tiered.

And I'm on the lowest spawn rate.

On Survival I never made it to the museum because stuff kept spawning that could kill me in literally one hit and I was level 1 so my ability to sneak was still garbage.

If you combine it with the We are the Minutemen mod, you at least have upgraded patrols of Minutemen wandering about that you can either follow for protection or loot when they get eaten by some roaming super monster.

edit: It's more fun on my higher level character, especially with unlimited companions so you have a squad backing you up when you wander into a battle between raiders, minutemen, supermutants, ghouls, Mechanist robots and a Behemoth.

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 14:23 on May 29, 2016

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Can't be arsed to hack or pick a stupid century old lock? why not block that fucker open and take a risk with that hilarious amount of explosives in your back pocket. Explosive Entry has returned to us!

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Easy Lockpicking and Easy Hacking both aren't working for me. I'm using Mod Organizer and I even shoved the ESPs into the data folder in case MO wasn't loading them. What am I missing?

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Easy Lockpicking and Easy Hacking both aren't working for me. I'm using Mod Organizer and I even shoved the ESPs into the data folder in case MO wasn't loading them. What am I missing?

And you did create fallout4custom.ini with the required edits?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Mr.Grit posted:

And you did create fallout4custom.ini with the required edits?

[Archive]
bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
sResourceDataDirsFinal=

EDIT: Other mods work just fine.

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009
Is Fallout 4 Script Extender updated for the newest patch? How do you set it up with Mod Organiser? I set up Skyrim Script Extender in MO for that game but it was so long ago I forget how to do it. I can't find instructions for F4SE and I dunno if it needs to be done any differently from SKSE.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I was trying to get survival off the ground but the vanilla version wasn't fun for me at all.
I went through and increased damage for myself and enemies, allowed for quick/auto saving and boosted my carry capacity to 999.

This way all fights are VERY deadly, I can pick up everything I want for settlements (still no fast travel), still have to contend with food, thirst, illness and fatigue, and if the time comes, I'll re-enable WOTC and see how that pans out.

One thing I'd like to try is WOTC with spawns increasing over time and never leaving Sanctuary. Just see how much I can build it up from scavenging bodies and trading. I know someone on Reddit already did this but he wasn't using any mods.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?

Dr Snofeld posted:

Is Fallout 4 Script Extender updated for the newest patch? How do you set it up with Mod Organiser? I set up Skyrim Script Extender in MO for that game but it was so long ago I forget how to do it. I can't find instructions for F4SE and I dunno if it needs to be done any differently from SKSE.

I installed F4SE last night (just drop the dll and launchers into the FO4 folder) and MO2 automatically found it without me having to do anything. It even set the default launcher to the 'Launch F4SE' application.

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009

graynull posted:

I installed F4SE last night (just drop the dll and launchers into the FO4 folder) and MO2 automatically found it without me having to do anything. It even set the default launcher to the 'Launch F4SE' application.

I get an error saying "Please update to the latest version of Fallout 4." Which I have, to my knowledge anyway.

e: Never mind, I was using a wrong version of F4SE.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Is there a mod to make companions heal up auto-magically in survival?
I'm taking Codsworth around and got ambushed by ghouls but I still have 6 more levels to go before I get robot repair kits.

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006

Admiral Joeslop posted:

[Archive]
bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
sResourceDataDirsFinal=

EDIT: Other mods work just fine.

I just suggested that because I recently did a full reinstall of fallout 4 and forgot to setup my inis and was all "poo poo's broke" until I remembered. :/
Check out your appdata\local\mo\profiles plugins.txt just to make sure they were added properly.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Mr.Grit posted:

I just suggested that because I recently did a full reinstall of fallout 4 and forgot to setup my inis and was all "poo poo's broke" until I remembered. :/
Check out your appdata\local\mo\profiles plugins.txt just to make sure they were added properly.

They are. I suppose I can just console unlock everything and be done with it.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

I'm taking Codsworth around and got ambushed by ghouls but I still have 6 more levels to go before I get robot repair kits.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/13054/

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

man importing custom meshes into fallout is a gigantic pain in the rear end if you don't want to use blender

it's still a pain in the rear end if you do use blender though lol

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I could kiss you but I won't because you're an internet weirdo and I am a cloud of spores.

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Inzombiac posted:

Can you not just make some at the chemistry station?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Good Lord Fisher! posted:

Can you not just make some at the chemistry station?

Ahhhhh gently caress maybe. I forgot about that because I typically don't use chems at all and now I see bear traps and caltrops!

Wtf me.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
i hope the unofficial patch can/will fix the overencumbered bug while working on power armor. It's not a huge issue but it annoys the poo poo out of me.

Also, do any mods yet fix the glaringly obvious functionality issues in Diamond City with the crafting tables and Home Plate workbench not sharing inventories? It wasn't such a big deal when I could just loot all 12 million pounds of junk out of the workbench and take it outside and not slowly die while trying to tinker at my leisure.

e: Also, any good mods to add crafting stations to The Institute? Seems silly I'd have to leave this haven of technological advancement to put a scope on a gun.

graynull fucked around with this message at 03:45 on May 30, 2016

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

There's somethin' fishy goin' on here...
I am trying to get the Legendary Modifications mod to work with my game since someone is publishing fixes for it. Anyone know how to get it to work with the Weapon Balance Overhaul mod of Iron Rose's? It keeps telling me it wants a Weaponry Overhaul.esp, which I know is no longer the name of the mod. Is there a idiot proof way to fix this? I've never used FO4Edit or anything so I'm basically bashing my head on the keyboard now.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Does the balance overhaul esp have scripts it needs to run? You might just be able to rename the esp

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Kizurue posted:

I am trying to get the Legendary Modifications mod to work with my game since someone is publishing fixes for it. Anyone know how to get it to work with the Weapon Balance Overhaul mod of Iron Rose's? It keeps telling me it wants a Weaponry Overhaul.esp, which I know is no longer the name of the mod. Is there a idiot proof way to fix this? I've never used FO4Edit or anything so I'm basically bashing my head on the keyboard now.

Don't use the patch on its page, use the one that comes with WBO.

Also legendary modifications is apparently depreciated, check a page or two back for one written by another dude who keeps it up to date.

Also no scripts in wbo!

Barn Owl
Oct 29, 2005
"text"
I want to get more into fallout modding than adding chests with starting gear. I assume this means scripting. What programming language is closest to the fallout scripting so I can read up on it waiting for a gtx1080?

AgentHaiTo
Feb 7, 2003

Well, isn't this a coincidence? So, um, how you doing? You're busy, I know and I don't want to distract you, please, don't let me interrupt you.

Lotish posted:

On Survival I never made it to the museum because stuff kept spawning that could kill me in literally one hit and I was level 1 so my ability to sneak was still garbage.

If you combine it with the We are the Minutemen mod, you at least have upgraded patrols of Minutemen wandering about that you can either follow for protection or loot when they get eaten by some roaming super monster.

edit: It's more fun on my higher level character, especially with unlimited companions so you have a squad backing you up when you wander into a battle between raiders, minutemen, supermutants, ghouls, Mechanist robots and a Behemoth.

I have that War on the Commonwealth mod, and I had to lower all the spawn settings to the minimum because I could not even leave Vault 111 without getting one shotted on the path to Sanctuary, and then I have a mod that levels the health/damage a bit(although the skull mobs are still bullet soakers). Then what I did was I built up Sanctuary with turrets at the bridge, and again at Red Rocket with turrets on the road, and I have running battle to get to Concord. And if there are too many mobs at Concord, I train them to Red Rocket where my turrets can delay them at least. Once I beat Concord, which was actually hilariously easy because I just kept my head down as ghoul mobs kept spawning killing raiders and took the Deathclaw down to like 1/4 health before I plinked it to death.

But yeah, Concord is still spawn central, but I also have the Minuteman mod, and those patrols do show up sometimes and help me. It was an epic journey just to visit Tenpines for Preston(It took me 2-3 days coming back to Sanctuary to drop off loot and heal up), and now I'm planning my trip to the Coverga Assembly plant. I really need to get my Chemist perk though, because I need me some Antibiotics like now, I have so many diseases it's hard to do anything. I think I got my food situation handled after visiting the Abernathy Farm. I'm having trouble with food because I have that Farming Mod, that disables you able to harvest. You can only pick wild stuff, and then plant those as normal crops. Your settlers are the only ones who can harvest. This mod also disables getting meat from animals until you get the Wasteland Survival magazine that tells you how to cut and prepare that animal.

Oh yeah, another oddity is that there's been at least two patrols of Synths, and they won't attack me, even after I started shooting first, but they kill everything else.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I kept things on "Weekend Warrior" level (which is middle-low-ish?) until I had "cleared" concord and went back in to talk to Preston. For some reason the lobby was full of ghouls and a glowing one, but after emptying a full belt of the minigun into said glowing one it finally died. He said his piece, we went back outside, and two more packs of glowing ones, some raiders, and some forged.

I got rid of it briefly but then decided I didn't have it in me to walk the commonwealth again anyway, so turned off survival to give it a new go. Concord is still a hellhole of glowing ones that take an eternity to kill.

I'd probably enjoy the mod if it seemed like the guy did anything but drag the spawn point paint tool across the commonwealth, but that really seems to be the extent of it "MOAR SPAWNS".

I mean, if you read terminals and listen to npcs around, they all talk about how misc raider gangs are warring over Concord, just make the spawns a neverending stream of gunners, forged, and raiders and it at least makes canonical sense with the "war on the commonwealth", but this is just some guy mashing the disaster buttons in Simcity.

mystic pimp
Jul 25, 2014

Formerly-rampant human-coded AI with a sense of humor seeks bipedal oxygen-breathing cyborg for serious relationship in the galactic core. I've got cool guns if you like to break stuff. No yuppies.
Despite all the issues with War in the Commonwealth (like loving level 22 glowing ones showing up outside the Vault) the new update is hilarious because all the factions have vertibird patrols now, so have fun getting strafed by gunships while dealing with whatever clusterfuck it spawned on the ground.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

WOTC in Survival is great is you keep the respawn rates low, variety high and size large.

I'm finding all new things after 150 hours because I have to duck around everywhere to avoid all the robot/gunner/mutant wars that spring up from time.
Still low enough that I can usually get to my destination is i sneak and make sure to survey my surroundings.

One armor overhaul I got let's you put Recon mods on most glasses and goggles so I can tag enemies to help avoid them.

It is almost shameful to hide in a barrel as Railroad agents fight a group of synths and then creep out and pick the remains.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

If Shaun was stolen as a baby then how does everybody including himself know his name is Shaun when the player asks? This doesn't add up.

The only explanation I can think of is that the institute checked the registration list when they raided the vault for specimens and discovered the viable infant named Shaun. Also the spouse who dies shouts shaun's name just before Kellogg shoots them.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Inzombiac posted:

One armor overhaul I got let's you put Recon mods on most glasses and goggles so I can tag enemies to help avoid them.

Take darker nights, don't adjust detection ranges, get the west-tek tactical goggles mod, Splinter Cell up this bitch.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Azhais posted:

Take darker nights, don't adjust detection ranges, get the west-tek tactical goggles mod, Splinter Cell up this bitch.

I actually wondered about that. Since my last sneak character was a sniper, detection wasn't in the cards.
Now I'm trying for silenced pistols and knives and questioned dark areas actually limiting NPCs vision. Is there a weather mod that affects detection radius as well?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Inzombiac posted:

I actually wondered about that. Since my last sneak character was a sniper, detection wasn't in the cards.
Now I'm trying for silenced pistols and knives and questioned dark areas actually limiting NPCs vision. Is there a weather mod that affects detection radius as well?

Darker nights itself does that. They are actually affected by the lighting, the first option you choose is "how dark do you want it" and the second option is "how much should we boost npc detection to compensate for it being darker". The recommend option is if you take level 4 darkness you should take level 4 increased detection which basically keeps the vanilla behaviour. Nothing stops you from taking the level 6 dark and keeping it on level 1 (or 0, I forget) detection so you could stand in front of a ghoul in the pitch black and not be noticed.

• Locked thread