Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
It is the normal thing with mmos. Most people are going to stop playing. Expect some to come back for either ninjas, valencia, or awakened weapons. Expect that to die off really fast too.

With a lack of guild wars stuff, there isn't much point to this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Hi posted:

Did I miss something? a week ago we were an active guild, I come back from a few days of work and we have half as many people and the only ones that are left either havent logged in in a week or more or are perpetually afk

Overwatch happened

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
look, If I could play this and Overwatch at the same time I would.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Valencia got delayed, by the way. I expect population to drop even more until it comes out.

Anyone who wants an invite to goontang should hop on mumble and ask for invite instructions. You don't even need a mic since you can just type in chat. I'm almost always available but I have like five alts so I'd need to tell you which one to message. Or Crusher can help you out etc.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Hi posted:

Did I miss something? a week ago we were an active guild, I come back from a few days of work and we have half as many people and the only ones that are left either havent logged in in a week or more or are perpetually afk

Our mini group decided to try out Goontang mainly cause PnR seemed pretty inactive. And few people decided to move as well and it sorta cascaded. Probably better to gather active people into one guild anyways long as there is room.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

Clocks posted:

Valencia got delayed, by the way. I expect population to drop even more until it comes out.

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

:wrong: :coffeepal:

Wassbix posted:

Our mini group decided to try out Goontang mainly cause PnR seemed pretty inactive. And few people decided to move as well and it sorta cascaded. Probably better to gather active people into one guild anyways long as there is room.

Is it any more active, is there room?

Not gonna lie Im considering it since I havent had an active contract in a week , I havent been able to illicit any sort of response from anyone online in three days and I basically have to hide in off channels since if any of our war dec's find me farming its not like I have any backup.

ioneye
Apr 24, 2008
We should probably merge guilds. Theres still active people at goontang, but as many as a couple of months ago.

Whitefire
Oct 9, 2007

DEE DEEEEE
Having trouble getting an invite to either guild due to the afk nature of this game. Character's first name is Spoool if anyone wants to try and hit me up. I'll keep sending tells while i'm autopathing whenever that comes around again. This game is pretty boring to play alone I could really do with at least a chat window of some sort.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Mumble is the way to get invites. No one has bugged me in mumble for days about parks and recs.

AppliedPhilosophy
Aug 7, 2012

Ded gaem.

But really, get on mumble. No one talks in guild chat.

nonpromqueen
Sep 25, 2006

Well poo poo, if everyone is moving to Goontang....Anhelan is my family name if anyone wants to send me an invite.

I just checked there's 5 people online in PnR :D

ioneye
Apr 24, 2008
ParksNrecs joined in and now we at war with 20 other guilds, goontang used to be a peaceful guild

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

Is lightning and ice stuff good to just plow into as the only stuff I get as a Witch? I'm pretty close to level 45 and am probably going to use the thing I get to nuke all of my skills I have because I just kind of learned everything as I got it.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

Xenothral posted:

Is lightning and ice stuff good to just plow into as the only stuff I get as a Witch? I'm pretty close to level 45 and am probably going to use the thing I get to nuke all of my skills I have because I just kind of learned everything as I got it.

lightning yes, ice no except for blizzard

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

boho posted:

lightning yes, ice no except for blizzard

Does Blizzard require having Freeze I or can I just ignore it and go straight into Blizzard and ignore every other ice spell?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Xenothral posted:

Does Blizzard require having Freeze I or can I just ignore it and go straight into Blizzard and ignore every other ice spell?

Freeze 1 is at the start of all 3 trees so you'll need it. It's also useful to have, even left at tier 1.

Incidentally, I think we're maxing ~27 logged in goons remaining including AFKers.

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 06:51 on May 29, 2016

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Xenothral posted:

Ice stuff is good for pvp but only need 1 level

Fridge fog lets you setup on melee classes on your face and throwing freeze and having it land on a charging warrior is useful

Edit: Most witches keep the tier 1 spells except chain at lvl 1 and max the 2nd part (explosion, residual,storm) to max since those are the heavy hitters. You can max lightning just cause due to desync some classes are extremely hard to hit and black spirit lightning does work against them.

Wassbix fucked around with this message at 09:01 on May 29, 2016

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

DancingShade posted:

Incidentally, I think we're maxing ~27 logged in goons remaining including AFKers.

That's actually... pretty bad.

I was watching a russian streamer stream node wars (or maybe it was sieges, I wasn't too clear since there was no commentary available) and the way it worked was that both his guild and the opposing guild had a tower "base" that each guild was trying to destroy. So they had to split up their people between repairing/defending their own tower and also had to send out sizeable forces on occasion to besiege the other guild's tower. 27 people wouldn't even be enough to really defend your own base against an invading force tbh.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

what if your opponent had 26

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

June first valencia NO WAIT

quote:

“We are very sorry to announce that, unfortunately, we had to make the decision to delay the release of the Valencia & Siege Mode update. Due to some technical issue to adapt the Season 4 of Siege mode to our build, we felt that we were not ready for this new content.

“We also want to take this opportunity of deployment to further improve the security system of the game, targeting bots and such forbidden software. This is an ongoing task on which we’ve been working for a while now and the Valencia & Siege Mode update could be a key point in that matter, as we don’t want the new Siege content to be overshadowed by this matter.”

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Old news.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Lol they said that friday

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
So since we struggle to put together ~5 goons at a time now (though it does happen) what can we realistically do re: node wars with that?

Because I'm thinking "gently caress all". Unless we just dump 5 meteors from the bushes and leg it.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

A few things.

Depending on which version of node/guild wars we get, each guild can control 2-10 nodes if they don't own a town. Or it was 3-10. They have had lots of revisions and at the start iirc it was 10 nodes per guild or 1 town. I think it is now 3 nodes or 1 town.

These are also only on the #1 channel and what we got 5 or 6 of those.

When you do the math, yah we can own something. I don't remember the number of nodes in the game but it was something stupid high where we don't need to worry about it.

If we fight over things, we are not that different than most of the guilds on the server right now. There are a few large ones but most are rather inactive because of guild wars and valencia being put off. So number wise we are fine. Expect more to come back to the game when these things come out, if they ever do.

Chemical_Ali
Sep 30, 2005

War Criminal

:smugdog:

Chemical_Ali fucked around with this message at 01:27 on May 30, 2016

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Clocks posted:

That's actually... pretty bad.

I was watching a russian streamer stream node wars (or maybe it was sieges, I wasn't too clear since there was no commentary available) and the way it worked was that both his guild and the opposing guild had a tower "base" that each guild was trying to destroy. So they had to split up their people between repairing/defending their own tower and also had to send out sizeable forces on occasion to besiege the other guild's tower. 27 people wouldn't even be enough to really defend your own base against an invading force tbh.
In node wars you have bunch of forts in an area, node changes owner if only one of them stands in the end. Sieges are similar to that too.

DancingShade posted:

So since we struggle to put together ~5 goons at a time now (though it does happen) what can we realistically do re: node wars with that?

Because I'm thinking "gently caress all". Unless we just dump 5 meteors from the bushes and leg it.
Might be tough to get hands on anything attractive, if they don't enable separate territory ownership for first channel of each channel cluster.

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 02:43 on May 30, 2016

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!
Logged in to fight our wars, noticed all the wars got undecced. Now sitting in town afk processing.

Why do we hate fun.

Only Slightly Bent
Jul 6, 2013
They were dropped during kzarka.

I expect they'd probably get started again if you asked an officer to do it.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
gotta start recruiting pubbies tbh

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

Wassbix posted:

Logged in to fight our wars, noticed all the wars got undecced. Now sitting in town afk processing.

Why do we hate fun.

complaints racked up about dying to pvp, so goons got what they deserved and are now no longer losing wars, dying, or having fun

boho posted:

gotta start recruiting pubbies tbh

no way in hell i'm going to start touching world chat. go work amongst yourselves who needs officer for this publicity outsourcing

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I'm thinking our pitch needs to be somewhere in between these two:

[Global] Hello please join our dying level 6 guild. We like to start wars we can't win and won't offer more than verbal support for any of your problems, assuming we're not all AFK.

vs

[Global] Hello Goontang recruiting. Hardcore/casual RP/ERP/Farming/PVP/Raid Progression/Exploration guild with an emphasis on style. We have high standards so please fill out our four page questionnaire and submit your MMO resume via our external website. Mumble/TS/Discord/Morse Code required. Serious applicants only. Sponsored by Fatal1ty gaming.

CrusherEAGLE
Oct 28, 2007

Frosty Divine
We should buy a banner here in SA and convince people to play this lovely game.

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

:wrong: :coffeepal:

CrusherEAGLE posted:

We should buy a banner here in SA and convince people to play this lovely game.

only if everything in the banner is a blatant lie "Be a part of the largest all goon guild alliance in the MMO history"

actually lets just find some eve banners and paste black desert logos over them

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
I am now soliciting ideas Black Desert banner ads. If you can do graphic art poo poo, do it. If you can't but have a great idea, post the great idea.

I'll pick the top 4 or 5 and run them in 10 banner ad slots for a month.

If you'd like to contribute but aren't feeling creative, you can always help fund the campaign. It's going to be about $80 to run 10 slots for a month. PM me or send me a message on Mumble if you'd like to donate.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
The wheels of industry grinding a bunch of korean children into black stone powder. No text. Just a link to the thread.

Harvey Baldman
Jan 11, 2011

ATTORNEY AT LAW
Justice is bald, like an eagle, or Lady Liberty's docket.

boho posted:

I am now soliciting ideas Black Desert banner ads. If you can do graphic art poo poo, do it. If you can't but have a great idea, post the great idea.

I'll pick the top 4 or 5 and run them in 10 banner ad slots for a month.

If you'd like to contribute but aren't feeling creative, you can always help fund the campaign. It's going to be about $80 to run 10 slots for a month. PM me or send me a message on Mumble if you'd like to donate.

I had an idea, but I can't get the filesize down small enough to make it work.

Agreeable Badger
Aug 8, 2008
That is beautiful

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Harvey Baldman posted:

This is amazing.

On a serious note. Not doing guild boss scrolls, having no wars or anything interesting going on is not good for retention. And apparently the reason is "Saving for guild hall" which is pointless unless we can actually win pvp wars.

The war with crimson started at 3/33 or something hilarious bad, till we actually got people to join in and we tied it up back at 100/100. It was pretty fun and its actually good practice for node wars, which people seem to want to win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Harvey Baldman posted:

The MoS is a nice touch but try to fit an ogre ring there too both of them Trid