Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

busb posted:

im not in or reading any mafia games i'm just commenting in general.

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Power of Pecota posted:

I'm pretty sure there was a shooting outside my apartment building a few hours ago and I'm kinda freaking out. No idea if anyone was hit, there was just a series of popping sounds and someone was running down a sidewalk. I'm trying to think of something not so bad but the best I've got is that someone threw one of those strings of firecrackers out in late May for some reason (although the pops sounded further apart than that and I doubt I hear firecrackers that clearly from a fourth floor apartment).

*making popcorn outside pecota's door*

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

busb posted:

im not in or reading any mafia games i'm just commenting in general. as a past example Kashuno and Jimson i think both posted like fuckwits in the GBS intro game and basically scared off 99% of those players by showing how unfun you can make mafia.

so while the gbs games were great, we are not.

That was...unfortunate and I felt super bad for Tokes.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Since I don't smoke weed anymore someone can have my idea. Get a bowl. Name it Ganjus Bowltar. You're welcome.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Asiina posted:

When I get into a back and forth with someone that causes 10000 posts it's because I'm really invested in making my point, whether that be defending myself or calling someone out for being scum. I always wish other people would contribute when it turns into a back and forth between me and another person, but I'm not going to stop arguing what I believe (or know if I'm on the defensive) just because of some arbitrary threshold.

Slapfights inevitably end in the angrier person getting lynched nowadays regardless.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Power of Pecota posted:

I'm pretty sure there was a shooting outside my apartment building a few hours ago and I'm kinda freaking out. No idea if anyone was hit, there was just a series of popping sounds and someone was running down a sidewalk. I'm trying to think of something not so bad but the best I've got is that someone threw one of those strings of firecrackers out in late May for some reason (although the pops sounded further apart than that and I doubt I hear firecrackers that clearly from a fourth floor apartment).

Aren't you in Chicago?

That's a gun right there

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I didn't mean that in a flippant sense. Hope you're ok!

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
ban guns already

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

busb posted:

ban guns already

ban u IMO

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

busb posted:

ban busb already

:yeah:

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
that's not what i said i feel like there's been a mistake somewhere

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

busb posted:

that's not what i said i feel like there's been a mistake somewhere

the mistake is that you didn't say what you truly feel

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
i think you should try that post again, it didn't work out right.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I've done the floor dive too many times to count. I live in a rough area, just stay away from windows and report what you think you heard to the cops if you hear it again.

Better safe than sorry, and I'd rather make a duplicate call and get a cruiser patrolling than be worried.

Best of luck, I have a strong dislike of guns.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3778152

a no-frills mafia game hosted by mafia player gigastar but probably mediocre mod dongsbot 9000

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
I had a friend bragpost on Facebook a pic of his new gun and I think I'm gonna unfriend him. I'm mulling it over.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Don't go down that road m8

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Bastard will likely shoot you

He's got a gun after all

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Tremendous Taste posted:

Aren't you in Chicago?

That's a gun right there

I'm in Chicago, but since I moved to this apartment (about nine months ago) this is only the second time I've heard what I thought were gunshots, and the other one was just like one shot that I assumed was like a warning to someone. This sounded like ~15ish which feels a lot more like someone died outside.

I didn't call in anything since I didn't see any of what was going on, and I'm not really worried about myself with being four floors up in a huge building and everything, but still, geez.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
im sure he was just shooting safely at a really thick wall for funsies anyway.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

busb posted:

im sure he was just shooting safely at a really thick wall for funsies anyway.

Back in high school I had an awful gym teacher who would spend like the first 20-25 minutes of every class talking about stuff he felt passionate about, and one of the three things he came back to the most was how terrible canadian geese were and what a public service that people that hunted them like him were. So maybe there were just a bunch of geese around.

He was fired later that year for throwing a full cooler through a fence during a football practice.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
shot guns, lose job, so what?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Power of Pecota posted:

Back in high school I had an awful gym teacher who would spend like the first 20-25 minutes of every class talking about stuff he felt passionate about, and one of the three things he came back to the most was how terrible canadian geese were and what a public service that people that hunted them like him were. So maybe there were just a bunch of geese around.

He was fired later that year for throwing a full cooler through a fence during a football practice.

Holy poo poo, was he the hulk?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I always carry two guns with me at all times.

*flexes, kisses each bicep*

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Holy poo poo, was he the hulk?

I wasn't there, but I assumed it was a really lovely fence when I heard about it.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

CCKeane posted:

I always carry two guns with me at all times.

*flexes, kisses each bicep*

Noone cares about your nerf guns Keane

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Infinitum posted:

Noone cares about your nerf guns Keane

Their nickname is nerf because you mother greatly prefers them since they're less likely to break something, also come in a variety of fun colors.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Like.. if you're gonna do a mum joke do it right mate.

Hey Keane wanna know why I'm so fat?

Cause every time I gently caress your mum she gives me a biscuit.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Infinitum posted:

Infinitum want to know why I am so fit?

Your mother is a great trainer, she's encouraging yet firm, also I have slept with your mother.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

My heart.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Infinitum posted:

hello Eddo, is that u?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Guns themselves are not bad and are useful tools.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Tremendous Taste posted:

nah do

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Lol as if you could

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-fxCYiM0Oo

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

BottleKnight posted:

I had a friend bragpost on Facebook a pic of his new gun and I think I'm gonna unfriend him. I'm mulling it over.

Tremendous Taste posted:

I see this a lot and it bothers me very deeply.
I get the temptation, and it's not necessarily your responsibility to argue your opinion or anything, but I don't see how letting people build echo chambers is a good idea.
And it could even be that you're the wrong one (not in this particular case, but in general).

I've recently been having conversations about whether or not people would date a non-white / non-Asian, and it's had incredibly surprising and depressing results.
I mentioned this to a friend, and her first response was, "unfriend them."
These people I talk to aren't actually doing anything that hurts me (directly at least), and if I just leave them alone, who will ever challenge their views?
The next day one them told me, "You know, maybe I am racist." That would never have happened if I hadn't talked to them and challenged them to think and just ran away.

I don't like echo chambers, and I don't like that people help each other build them, especially over petty disagreements, even if they have strong opinions on them.
If you think you're right, stand up for what you believe in.
Do try to understand their view and *why* they believe the way they do though.

Your case might be different, but I see it too much, so I always try to discourage it.
If it's seriously causing you stress, go ahead and unfriend them. Like I said, it's no one's responsibility or anything.
But if you want gun violence to end, you should take a stand, in my opinion.

Shadow0 fucked around with this message at 07:15 on May 30, 2016

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
shadow i think you posted in the wrong thread. there is no room for good and real posts here

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
in conclusion, if you like guns ur racists irl

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

busb posted:

in conclusion, if you like guns ur racists irl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

nice gun. in the 30 seconds it takes for you to draw it, take the safety off, take your blood pressure medication, get a bead on me, and fire, I would have had time to cut your head shoulders knees and toes off five times over.