Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Richard really shouldn't get plotlines away from the rest of the cast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarksMan
Mar 18, 2001
Nap Ghost
"I had a stuffed animal named Winnie. Well it wasn't technically an animal, I took a ziplock bag and stuffed it with old newspaper and I drew a smile on it :)."

Lol @ Jared...the smart, uber nice, grew-up-kinda-ghetto kid.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
Jared fucks

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

squidgee posted:

The correct choice is automatically converting tab presses to four spaces. :colbert:
Agreed.

And the vi/emacs people need to stop fighting and focus on our shared enemy: people who use nano.

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

The aloha joke at the end was masterful.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I'm glad that there's one thing that Jared isn't a total sad sack about.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Was Carol, Jared's girl, the same actress who plays the daughter on Veep? Looked and sounded just like her to me.

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender
I love the attention to detail they have with this show.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Is that tab vs space thing as bad as vi vs Vim vs nano?

Avasculous
Aug 30, 2008
Usually I think you guys are too hard on Richard, but Jesus Christ this episode.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Avasculous posted:

Usually I think you guys are too hard on Richard, but Jesus Christ this episode.
The whole tabulation thing was hilarious. His look when she pressed the space bar.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Richard did nothing wrong (except saying mlady)

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Hilarious dialog this episode!

And I hope Bighead gets rich again :ohdear:

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Accretionist posted:

Hilarious dialog this episode!

And I hope Bighead gets rich again :ohdear:

If Gavin finds out it was Bighead who leaked the information, due to some bylaw in the NDA or his original 'Moonshot' contract, Bighead will probably be able to countersue Gavin and bankrupt him.

Titan
Jan 14, 2002
Dinesh saying Russ was right about Jared had me laughing for a solid minute.

Jared fucks.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
If this ep doesn't make it clear that you don't root for Richard, you'll never get it. He's Ricky Gervais on The Office or Ricky Gervais in real life.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

MarksMan posted:

"I had a stuffed animal named Winnie. Well it wasn't technically an animal, I took a ziplock bag and stuffed it with old newspaper and I drew a smile on it :)."

Every single detail of this man's life is more tragic and pathetic than the last. It's a credit to the writers that he's not an all-out butt monkey for everybody to abuse.

Seeing him get pussy effortlessly is just the delicious buttercream icing on what is otherwise the cake-shaped turd of his life.

darkpool
Aug 4, 2014

Tabs vs spaces is very simple, as Jared should know. You do whichever one is in the project style guide so you don't end up with false diff reports, where only whitespace was changed because of different team members having different code editor settings.

So Richard was essentially correct.

:(

EDIT: In the first scene.

darkpool fucked around with this message at 08:55 on May 30, 2016

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

darkpool posted:

Tabs vs spaces is very simple, as Jared should know. You do whichever one is in the project style guide so you don't end up with false diff reports, where only whitespace was changed because of different team members having different code editor settings.

So Richard was essentially correct.

:(
Please, don't jump down stairs 8 stairs by 8 stairs , guys.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I was getting kinda close to wanting to fast forward Richard's scenes this week. Ha-ha, Big Head's already broke.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Lycus posted:

I was getting kinda close to wanting to fast forward Richard's scenes this week. Ha-ha, Big Head's already broke.

Yeah, but he knows for sure that his pool is in just the right place. Can't put a price on that.

AgentF
May 11, 2009
A great compromise is a single space followed by a tab. Best of both worlds.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Probably my least favorite episode of this show, the cringe factor was dialed to 11 and at moments it was just too much. Obviously a part of this show's conceit is that these people are socially awkward nerds who remain embarrassing even when at the cusp of success but this episode really didn't make you root for the protagonists at all.

Dinesh was pretty much just a punching bag this episode, making him a superficial douche in the first place and the punchline just being "ha ha he isn't attractive enough for her" was very meh. Richard's newfound personality quirk was also out of the left field, he was never established as being an obsessive compulsive guy and the whole thing felt like it was a Ross subplot from Friends.

It still had its moments and it wasn't all bad or anything.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

emanresu tnuocca posted:

and the whole thing felt like it was a Ross subplot from Friends.
I was wondering what it reminded me of.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Richard's newfound personality quirk was also out of the left field

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cstSnw0oGRA

Richard has always been the same person. I do think the show is losing a bit of steam though.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

blunt posted:

Richard has always been the same person. I do think the show is losing a bit of steam though.

That's just him being socially awkward and somewhat autistic not him losing his mind over some OCD nonsense. He has many established flaws, digging his own grave further like he does in the scene you've linked is pretty much what defines him as a character, I don't think it's the same as what happened in this last episode. Imo.

coffeetable
Feb 5, 2006

TELL ME AGAIN HOW GREAT BRITAIN WOULD BE IF IT WAS RULED BY THE MERCILESS JACKBOOT OF PRINCE CHARLES

YES I DO TALK TO PLANTS ACTUALLY

BIG HEADLINE posted:

As for Jared, he's probably managed to weaponize the pity gently caress.
no it's because he's actually a nice guy

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

blunt posted:

"Of course i'm safe, i backup my system like 5 times a day" :laffo: i have to rewatch the early episodes

Brennan
Jan 18, 2005

Medullah posted:

In ago seriousness though what kind of Luddite uses spaces

spaces are more precise and show up the same no matter what editor or IDE someone is using (notepad++ supremacy)

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
It matters to Python users.

To be fair, most every proper IDE allows you to configure Tab -> X Spaces if needed which is the best of both worlds.

Seriously, though. Neanderthals painted caves using tabs. Space supremacy. Though, what do I know. I use Nano.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
The best solution is an ide that treats spaces as tabs. I hit tab and it gives me four spaces.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

Not sure how i missed this

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
That's why he ordered it virgin! :doh:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Probably my least favorite episode of this show, the cringe factor was dialed to 11 and at moments it was just too much. Obviously a part of this show's conceit is that these people are socially awkward nerds who remain embarrassing even when at the cusp of success but this episode really didn't make you root for the protagonists at all.

The trick is to root for Gilfoyle.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Gilfoyle feels like he hasn't had a subplot in years

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
It's ok because he has the best lines.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Golden Bee posted:

Gilfoyle feels like he hasn't had a subplot in years

His plot is to piss on everyone.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
I've loved Martin Starr forever and yeah, even though he basically exists just to poo poo on everything I can't hate his monotone sarcasm even if he doesn't DO anything any more.

I think this episode was the most 100% "you know where every plot winds up" that the show has done. You could see everything coming with Richard and Dinesh.

Except for Jared. This guy fucks.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Jared... nice. Using that dick!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Gilfoyle was savage this episode. "I'm on the fence. Which do you think it is?"

• Locked thread