Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
I'm watching the Agents rising overwatch tournament over at (https://www.twitch.tv/esportsarena, grand finals coming up). I have learned that competitive overwatch is over half the time Mccrees just firing high noons at each other. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

I may be biased as someone who plays a lot of Genji but what a dumb list. The text isn't even worth reading, it's just a list of each characters' pros and cons. Like yeah, thanks for letting us know Roadhog is a slow character, was wondering why it took so long to move to places with him.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

That tier list is awful. They're always awful.

Let alone doing a tier list a couple days after the game's launch.

The tier list may be awful, but hot-drat is Blizzard's balancing system straight up burning-poo poo garbage. Its trying so desperately to balance your W/L ratio that it swings wildly from pubstomping to getting crushed by seagull himself.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Dragongem posted:

I'm watching the Agents rising overwatch tournament over at (https://www.twitch.tv/esportsarena, grand finals coming up). I have learned that competitive overwatch is over half the time Mccrees just firing high noons at each other. :v:

One game was three McCrees vs two McCrees

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

it's been high noon all day

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Dragongem posted:

5 TRACERS 1 LUCIO IS HAPPENING

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Okay uh Team Liquid just ran out 5 Tracers + Lucio on Lijiang Tower

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
1 Lucio and 5 Tracers for Team Liquid.

efb.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
It's working lmao

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Mei is best

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
hhahahaha oh my god i didn't realize how bad my stats looked until now

we're all soldiers now

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Hace posted:

It's working lmao

Not anymore =(

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Sounds like the other team needs to git gud.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Dragongem posted:

Not anymore =(

WInston bubbles disrespect sticky bombs :(

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

This sounds like a dumb thing but it feels like getting on fire as Mercy requires you to use your ult. Lucio seems to have it easier just by having his healing aura on.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
One hero per team is so much better.

Bluhman
Nov 7, 2009

Low morale causes the golems to dance in panic.

lazorexplosion posted:

You know who I've never seen be very useful? Reaper.

Reaper I sort of like since he's basically this game's equivalent to the Spy (I think?). His whole purpose is to teleport behind poo poo in unexpected ways and get the drop on snipers. I just kind of wish that the teleport placement was more precise since 9/10 times I end up teleporting right on the edge of a cliff directly in vision of a poorly placed turret out in the open below that could easily be shot down if the other half of my team decided to go pharah or something considering I'm already keeping the snipers busy.

I will cede that he's probably the least 'flexible' of the offense classes. His skillset doesn't make him exactly useful for versatile things such as Phara's area denial or McCree's flanker punishment. He's just a closerange shootymans who can run away safely.
https://gfycat.com/TartAmbitiousCrossbill
Here's a highlight where I quadruple-killed people on the point. There's no audio in this clip of course due to hosting, but the entire encounter ended as a team kill.

Grammaton
Feb 3, 2004
Cleric

Truly glorious.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Petition:

Rename McCree to McEsports

Ormi
Feb 7, 2005

B-E-H-A-V-E
Arrest us!

Bluhman posted:

Reaper I sort of like since he's basically this game's equivalent to the Spy (I think?).

Reaper is more like a really fat Scout. Genji is probably the closest equivalent in terms of what he's supposed to do in a 6v6 environment, but the absence of invisibility and slow, patient gameplay in Overwatch is very much a deliberate design point, e.g. Torbjörn actually needing to shoot his gun at people to be effective in contrast to setting up a nest that can only be busted by Uber on some lovely meat grinder map like Dustbowl.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Harlock posted:

This sounds like a dumb thing but it feels like getting on fire as Mercy requires you to use your ult. Lucio seems to have it easier just by having his healing aura on.

Are you shooting the enemy too? That's a big thing with Mercy. If you don't need to heal and there's no meaningful damage-boost target you should be shooting. That builds your meter fast.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Mercy gets her ult up really fast. When I started playing Mercy I was really conservative with it and now half my resses are a like one guy.

There's really no point in saving it when you are going to have it up on the next push anyway.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one

Ddraig posted:

So hacks already exist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJyeefkSDag

GG game was fun while it lasted I guess
Oh yeah I ran into one today. Some guy accused me as hanzo and our widowmaker of hacking. Thought I'd finally get a PotG when I killed 2 dudes with my ult as I was karate chopping 2 other guys to death. Instead it was a PotG of our widowmaker... blatantly aimhacking. :sigh:

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006

Ormi posted:

Reaper is more like a really fat Scout. Genji is probably the closest equivalent in terms of what he's supposed to do in a 6v6 environment, but the absence of invisibility and slow, patient gameplay in Overwatch is very much a deliberate design point, e.g. Torbjörn actually needing to shoot his gun at people to be effective in contrast to setting up a nest that can only be busted by Uber on some lovely meat grinder map like Dustbowl.

Nah, Reaper is a lot more like Spy than Genji, Tracer is more like the Scout. But yeah, Reaper has weird shotguns for meatshotting like Scout did, but his purpose seems to mostly be similar, get up close from unexpected angles/locations to instagib people, mostly threats that are harder to take out for your further away team. Really most classes in this game don't share that much in common with their TF2 counterparts since this game is heavily based on skills and not just autos, the closest class is probably Pharah to Soldier or Mercy to Medic honestly.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Can Highlight Reel Intros drop from crates? I haven't seen any so far.

Important thing to remember about Zarya: While her barrier makes you invulnerable, it's only good for 200 damage. Which means that no, you can't use your shield to tank Bastion.

I got the Car Wash achievement tonight, it took two tries, both on Anubis. The first nest was set up in the health pack room just inside the gates, which didn't work because of a Winston shield. We still held them off though, and I set up another nest on the point side of the bridge. Parts of it were occasionally taken out, but finally, a Pharah walked right under and I used my M1. Then a McCree using High Noon walked under right afterwards.

I've got tons of Highlight Reel intros but I never get POTG.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
I got teabagged for the first time tonight. This is actually my first experience with this phenomenon. I feel like I'm one step closer to being a real FPS player now.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

FiftySeven posted:

More play of the game nonsense but honestly, I am pretty proud of both these.

Line them up, Reinhart knocks them down.
https://gfycat.com/JauntyImpressiveIndianpalmsquirrel

Is there a character more satisfying than Reinhart? Here's a play of the game I got with him tonight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7i3E64DxhE

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

So I know that armor is good against stuff like bastions turret and 76 and other rapid fire heros but I also know Reaper and D.Va kinda work differently with armor. Is Reaper good for tearing through armor? How does Armor reduce his damage since it's multiple shots all at one?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

So I know that armor is good against stuff like bastions turret and 76 and other rapid fire heros but I also know Reaper and D.Va kinda work differently with armor. Is Reaper good for tearing through armor? How does Armor reduce his damage since it's multiple shots all at one?
Armor considers the damage from a shotgun to be a single damage blob; it doesn't reduce per-pellet.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Thor-Stryker posted:

The tier list may be awful, but hot-drat is Blizzard's balancing system straight up burning-poo poo garbage. Its trying so desperately to balance your W/L ratio that it swings wildly from pubstomping to getting crushed by seagull himself.

:allears:

Harlock posted:

Nah, I've gotten it plenty by keeping my team alive during a heavy push while standing on the point. The combination of healing, objective, and assist bonuses boost your on-fire by a lot. It is easier to do this on Lucio, but he doesn't get the assists as easy as Mercy does, so you'll always want to either be shooting someone yourself or boosting someone who's shooting the enemy.

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

What's a "get out of free jail" card :tipshat:

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!
^ any skill that lets you avoid dying.

I was playing Mercy with some goons tonight and discovered this game can be fun. I was 0/10 until then! I love the fact that there are heroes in a shooter that don't rely on you getting sick head shots to be a key player. I also love that mercy has somethign she can do when she's not healing, and her movement is amazing when a tracer gets behind you you just start flying across the area haphazzardly while still healing or buffing people!

Fun!

Bluhman
Nov 7, 2009

Low morale causes the golems to dance in panic.

Professor Wayne posted:

Is there a character more satisfying than Reinhart?

What kind of question is that?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvNUJqAiecg

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I want to try playing Mercy but I'm constantly stuck with all-flanker teams where everyone is off on their own in some corridor making the whole "flying to an ally" thing impossible :(

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Your Computer posted:

I want to try playing Mercy but I'm constantly stuck with all-flanker teams where everyone is off on their own in some corridor making the whole "flying to an ally" thing impossible :(

Mercy's got that pistol for a reason.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
I like Torbjörn, now I can't stop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RWtTeCpKhA

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
How do I play Reinhart good

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
The best change Valve has made in Team Fortress 3 is making the turret not have loving knock back.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Dr. VooDoo posted:

This also applies to Roadhog and Torbjorn too but yes, armor in this game is pretty much worthless against shotguns. It shaves off 5 points of damage but counts a shotgun blast as a single instance so taking Roadhog as an example it will take a full blast from his scrap gun from 225 damage all the way down to 220.

Now D.va's blasts work the same way but armor is actually much better against her because her cannons are very low damage and fire rapidly as opposed to everyone else with shotgun type weapons who fire stronger blasts less often. So armor reduces Reaper's or Roadhog's DPS by less than 5% but reduces D.va's by over 20%.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

chumbler posted:

Mercy's got that pistol for a reason.

If I wasn't such a thin-skinned baby I'd roll in solo queue using only Mercy's pistol because it's so drat fun to use :(