Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Brosnan posted:

God that game is still so loving ugly.

It looks better than SFV

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

In Training posted:

It looks better than SFV

I think KoF will be great, but aesthetically Street Fighter V looks about six zillion times better.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Renoistic posted:

Ibuki's outfit is the laziest thing ever. Other than that she's looking pretty cool. I just hope they kept her neck breaker.

The animation is still in, but now it looks like it's her back throw.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Heavy Metal posted:

I think KoF will be great, but aesthetically Street Fighter V looks about six zillion times better.

Both games have some real issues with faces, though. There's something off with Ibuki's face, too, but I can't put a finger on what like you can with Ken's face.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Both games have some real issues with faces, though. There's something off with Ibuki's face, too, but I can't put a finger on what like you can with Ken's face.

She looks like a goofass poo poo-heel teenager that watches too much anime.

As she should.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

She has Pee-Wee Herman's hair line.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

ChibiSoma posted:

She has Pee-Wee Herman's hair line.

I'm way more disturbed by the fact that you spotted a hairline and immediately identified it with Pee-Wee Herman

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I guess we can assume that her premium outfit will be a variation of her ninja wear.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Everytime I try playing online now I get connected with people using bots.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Boy, it sure would be nice to get Ibuki today, a day when most people don't have to work or go to school, right, Capcom?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

hiddenriverninja posted:

Boy, it sure would be nice to get Ibuki today, a day when most people don't have to work or go to school, right, Capcom?

The Playstation store updates on Tuesdays so

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

Golem II posted:

Yesterday I kept getting casual matches with a constantly HPing Laura.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

God, some of those sound effect for Ibuki's moves (especially the bomb) were ripped straight from some lovely cartoon.

I'm not even gonna bother firing up the game for her.

EDIT: Also, see-

<-this

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You're one of D.va's divas?

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

The Playstation store updates on Tuesdays so

Does that also extend to free updates? Or did Capcom figure out how to take people's money?

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Golem II posted:

Yeah I've seen a few of these. What is the point of doing this exactly?

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.

Golem II posted:

:rip:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Baal posted:

You're one of D.va's divas?

I guess it aligns differently for different users.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

keithy george posted:

Yesterday I kept getting casual matches with a constantly HPing Laura.

i saw lk necali recently. best part was he had points

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.
Looking forward to MK9 Cyrax Ibuki.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Jack Trades posted:

I guess it aligns differently for different users.

I was kidding, bro

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
New thread title is pretty good.

Maybe too good?

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Hahahahah:
http://www.capcom-unity.com/harrisony/blog/2016/05/30/ibuki-infiltrates-street-fighter-v-roster

In the capcom blog update it sounds like they might not be releasing Ibuki till June, assuming that's what they mean by June being a big month for them. At the very least they're not actually announcing a release date for her.

Why do you make it so hard to like this terrible game Capcom?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Elvis_Maximus posted:

Hahahahah:
http://www.capcom-unity.com/harrisony/blog/2016/05/30/ibuki-infiltrates-street-fighter-v-roster

In the capcom blog update it sounds like they might not be releasing Ibuki till June, assuming that's what they mean by June being a big month for them. At the very least they're not actually announcing a release date for her.

Why do you make it so hard to like this terrible game Capcom?

The pictures on their site aren't even loading for me. And they didn't go over any of her specials.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I also like that they're adding a "new" stage that's Kanzuki estate with a different light source

S.J.
May 19, 2008

In Training posted:

I also like that they're adding a "new" stage that's Kanzuki estate with a different light source

IIRC they said that each stage would belong to two characters.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

S.J. posted:

The pictures on their site aren't even loading for me. And they didn't go over any of her specials.

In Training posted:

Quality Capcom content as usual.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

So the Ibuki trailer contains a mouse cursor around the 48 second mark that's on screen for a few seconds. Now that i've seen it, it's literally the only thing I can remember about the trailer.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Ibuki is just straight up a Naruto now.

Bisse posted:

So the Ibuki trailer contains a mouse cursor around the 48 second mark that's on screen for a few seconds.

This and the framerate dropping during her bombs leads me to believe they're desperately struggling to keep up with their own release schedule.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Guile theme goes with anything, Ken face goes with anyone.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
One of the weird things about this game is just how samey most of the characters play out. Every single Cammy I've played against plays almost exactly the same; standing about half a screen away and just buffering hp or cr.mk into something. If they have meter they'll eventually do an ex-cannon spike (the divekick, whatever it's called) and make you guess between throw or shimmy. Rinse and repeat, no matter if they're silver or super plat. Once you've learned a couple of canned sequences, you can mount a pretty reasonable offence, to the point where I have to respect even the lowest shitter, otherwise I might walk into something like a crush counter sweep and have to guess between which sequence they're going to perform. Not sure how I feel about that.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

With the amount of characters that exist in the Street Fighter universe why are we continuing to rehash the same ones

Let's bring some new blood in

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
eh, never mind.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

A.o.D. posted:

eh, never mind.
haha, not even worth the effort in this thread

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Ibuki still being in school reminds me that I'd love to see a new Rival Schools game

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Ibuki looks cool though, I'll turn the game on for a minute for her.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

One of the weird things about this game is just how samey most of the characters play out. Every single Cammy I've played against plays almost exactly the same; standing about half a screen away and just buffering hp or cr.mk into something. If they have meter they'll eventually do an ex-cannon spike (the divekick, whatever it's called) and make you guess between throw or shimmy. Rinse and repeat, no matter if they're silver or super plat. Once you've learned a couple of canned sequences, you can mount a pretty reasonable offence, to the point where I have to respect even the lowest shitter, otherwise I might walk into something like a crush counter sweep and have to guess between which sequence they're going to perform. Not sure how I feel about that.

FANG is seriously the only interesting character in the game to me.

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011
Are they going to charge fight money or whatever to unlock a daytime version of a stage? Doesn't that same stage variation exist in that crappy story mode somewhere?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yes