Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry
The more I play the more I think 76 is the best offensive character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

TheTatteredKing posted:

I have to press I need heals twice and then start yelling in comms to actually get healed sometimes.

If you ain't in range of my staff you ain't getting healed

zenthursdays
Oct 20, 2009

:feelsgood:

Reo posted:

I mean to confirm my selection. The point being I don't want to have to locate my mouse cursor

"The keyboard cannot be used to equip unlocks in the Hero Gallery" is listed as a known issue on the forums, so I'd guess that the same bug is causing space bar not to work on hero selection.

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20744265617

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

Push It Like You Push Your Girlfriend

:dukedog:

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I always vote for healers. If there were none of either team to vote for then I vote for w/e seems to be the most interesting thing.

junkrat did 50000000 damage? ehh
winston got 7 environment kills? alright!

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Soothing Vapors posted:

If you ain't in range of my staff you ain't getting healed

Yeah I'm usually in flashbang range as this happens.

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

Kerrrrrrr posted:

why do people keep inviting me when i'm already in the middle of a game

i am not going to leave it

this keeps happening every day :confused:

If someone has a big plus next to their name you should always push it. Always.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

i never vote for myself, i vote for whatever healer was on our team, then whatever healer was on their team, then whoever got POTG, then whoever played the best support or tank

might as well encourage people to play underplayed classes since the commendations don't affect anything

also what do you guys vote for match quality? I default to 2 but i move to 1 for a steamroll and 3 for a close game

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

TheTatteredKing posted:

I have to press I need heals twice and then start yelling in comms to actually get healed sometimes.

I pressed the "need heals" button a few times yesterday and a Mercy just resolved to never heal me again...

...until I was the last one left on the point and loving won the game for us.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Efexeye posted:

i never vote for myself, i vote for whatever healer was on our team, then whatever healer was on their team, then whoever got POTG, then whoever played the best support or tank

might as well encourage people to play underplayed classes since the commendations don't affect anything

also what do you guys vote for match quality? I default to 2 but i move to 1 for a steamroll and 3 for a close game

3 everytime

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
The only time I don't vote a game a 3 is if it's on Anubis/Volskya or if someone was using racial slurs, then it's a 1

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Yeah I get enough crap in my real life that I don't need people bitching about my poor performance in a video game. I've had enough.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Dick Trauma posted:

Yeah I get enough crap in my real life that I don't need people bitching about my poor performance in a video game. I've had enough.

Reaper's origin story

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
havent had any slurs of even a human being in like 9 hours of play

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

verbal enema posted:

havent had any slurs of even a human being in like 9 hours of play

This went on for like two or three more minutes before I dodged.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

I embarassingly have 17 hours and i haven't heard or seen a single thing that'd put me off playing, and that's basically all in solo queues. Sorry for you're luck...

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I like zenyatta's kill lines. "Blind hatred is not a strategy" for reaper

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

did someone already post this http://rpboyer15.github.io/sounds-of-overwatch/

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Zenyatta has one of my fav exchanges in the game

quote:

Zarya: I've got my eye on you, Omnic.
Zenyatta: And I shall watch your back in turn.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

Lady Naga posted:

My favourite hero right now is probably Zarya, she's cool and cute and tough and literally every ability on her owns and she has a high enough skill floor that pubs hate playing her so I'm free to style with her without anyone crowding me. I still have to beat the tendancy to pre-emptively shield out of my head and I still don't think she's as fun as early beta D.Va though.

On another tack are there any good Overwatch Youtubers or am I stick watching Surefour and Seagull's stream?

Ster posts a couple videos, but I think he mostly is on Twitch. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=user?4O4STAR?videos
Unit Lost Gaming / Stylosa has frequent content. I don't think he's one of the pros, but it's stuff to watch! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=user?unitlosttube?videos
Disciple has some videos as well, and he focuses a lot on Zarya. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=user?DisicpleLovesYou?videos

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Countblanc posted:

Reaper's origin story

But instead of picking up two shotguns I'm going back to bed: Sleaper's origin story.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Roadhog has such few sounds. Junkrat has like 3 times as many :(

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Yes we should definitely reward dipshit Hanzos who stay far from the fight and spam arrows for free points while people contesting the point rack up a terrible k/d because aforementioned dipshit Hanzo is not doing anything useful.

Its ok, the game tracks your stats so the hanzo is still rewarded for sitting back racking up kills and losing the game.

Hell ill admit to swapping to widow on hana or anubos when its a 100-0 unfun stomp so gently caress the match ill click heads and lose while improving my overall kda.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

They still don't have the ult or conversation lines for whatever reason.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

I can get plenty of votes as Lucio if I make sure I courrior fatties to the front line. They don't notice the healing, but they notice not having to deal with their character's biggest and most infuriating weakness.

BTW, if you're playing Lucio, glance behind you and check if someone needs a run boost. It makes such a difference to winning the match.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Unhappy Meal posted:

If someone has a big plus next to their name you should always push it. Always.

like i get it yeah woo play with people but i'm still never going to leave a game when i'm in the middle of it???

it says right next to the big plus "IN GAME" so like, wait til i'm done? or send me a whisper? or something? cause you're just gonna get ignored

i'm actually surprised there's no afk or dnd yet for this game

of course most of the time i get invited to a group of goons i don't know who don't use voice comms so it's just like playing with pubbies anyway

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Kerrrrrrr posted:

i'm actually surprised there's no afk or dnd yet for this game

If you use D.Va's afk voice line I will hear it no matter how far apart we are

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Internet Kraken posted:

What does it mean if a player has a little check mart under their portrait on the TAB screen?

ok this is good to know so i can stay the gently caress away from reinhardts when im bastion and tryin to poo poo on him being lazy with his shield

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

MatildaTheHun posted:

The more I play the more I think 76 is the best offensive character.

when you get helix rocket kills from long range into a corner or someone retreating into a hallway, you'll understand for sure that this statement is accurate~

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
I get nervous if someone isn't calling me a human being or noob bitch.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Been playing for a while and haven't run across a single slur, which is a refreshing change. Plenty of salt, but nobody actually being abusive.

And yeah 76 is the best offense class.

Three bastions get steamrolled:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSuMXBHf2I8

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Also some guy referred to me playing Zarya as "the butch lesbian" which is grossly offensive but isn't a no-no word so I don't know if that counts.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Beginning to really hate the credits system. I'm level 16 and have nothing interesting for any of the characters I enjoy, just a fuckton of sprays.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

give blizzard more money and all your problems will disappear

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I started playing more Symmetra because I got cool stuff for her, and as it turns out I really began to like Symmetra. So I would suggest following the loot train and trying out new characters if only for the stuff you get in the boxes.

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

exquisite tea posted:

I started playing more Symmetra because I got cool stuff for her, and as it turns out I really began to like Symmetra. So I would suggest following the loot train and trying out new characters if only for the stuff you get in the boxes.

Symmetra is a lot of fun. She's got a nice balance of support and offensive abilities that make you useful in a lot of different situations.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
I've come to the conclusion that every Genji on your team will be that 12 year old that only watches Inuyasha and Kill la Kill while the Genji on the enemy team will always be Frank Jaeger incarnate.

agent_wildflower
Sep 7, 2011

Orange Crush Rush posted:

I've come to the conclusion that every Genji on your team will be that 12 year old that only watches Inuyasha and Kill la Kill while the Genji on the enemy team will always be Frank Jaeger incarnate.

Hey whats wrong with Kill La Kill? :colbert:

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

agent_wildflower posted:

Hey whats wrong with Kill La Kill? :colbert:

it's made by the hacks at trigger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

exquisite tea posted:

But they're all sprays. :negative: