Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Seattle area X-Wing goons: someone broke into my car last night and my X-Wing collection was stolen. If anyone hears anything about someone trying to sell an X-Wing collection, please PM me.

Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
drat that sucks! Any custom painted ones? Those can be easy to identify. I'd also check craigslist, Facebook groups and of course pawn shops.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Ringo Star Get posted:

drat that sucks! Any custom painted ones? Those can be easy to identify.
Yeah, the First Order Interceptor that Corbeau JUST finished painting for me. :sigh:

quote:

I'd also check craigslist, Facebook groups and of course pawn shops.

Definitely planning on spending my week doing this.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Some Numbers posted:

Seattle area X-Wing goons: someone broke into my car last night and my X-Wing collection was stolen. If anyone hears anything about someone trying to sell an X-Wing collection, please PM me.

Thanks.

That sucks. Anything else taken? Or are WANGS popular enough to be theft targets now?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

ConfusedUs posted:

That sucks. Anything else taken? Or are WANGS popular enough to be theft targets now?

My wallet and my board game collection.

My wangs and board games were in my trunk and my board collection is HEAVY meaning these guys were DEDICATED.

Brunas
Nov 5, 2012

Some Numbers posted:

My wallet and my board game collection.

My wangs and board games were in my trunk and my board collection is HEAVY meaning these guys were DEDICATED.

Jesus dude, that's awful. Also this had to be conspicuous as gently caress, unless it's someone you know or that has seen you open your trunk with all sorts of board game poo poo in it.

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

General Battuta posted:

Let's do Weds 730!

Anyone want to play tonight?

Herux, what was ro5s running?

Academy Pilot (12)

Academy Pilot (12)

Darth Vader (29)
Adaptability (0)
Advanced Targeting Computer (1)
Engine Upgrade (4)
TIE/x1 (0)

"Whisper" (32)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Fire-Control System (2)
Advanced Cloaking Device (4)

Total: 97

Academy TIEs for MVP as usual, one shot down the inquisitor and then they blocked OL for a 5 dice shot from whisper.

Spiggy, what's your steam name so I can send a friend request? Or you can send me one, I've got the same name as here.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Brunas posted:

Jesus dude, that's awful. Also this had to be conspicuous as gently caress, unless it's someone you know or that has seen you open your trunk with all sorts of board game poo poo in it.

Well, it happened sometime after 1:30, so while it would have been conspicuous, there may not have been anyone too see anything.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
I haven't played with wangs before scum and villainy came out, what's a good imperial list look like now? Or maybe a decent s&v list?

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

I haven't played with wangs before scum and villainy came out, what's a good imperial list look like now? Or maybe a decent s&v list?

Palpatine and some aces.

2 jumpmaster 5000s and something else.

Fin.

(this is exaggerating hugely actually, both factions have plenty of other options, viz:

3 aces
Ace/miniswarm
full swarm
Doom Decimator/Ace
Palp Decimator/Ace

Brobots
5 Autoblaster y Wings
Dengar/Bossk

And even some weird lists can go far if you're good and/or lucky with them; a list consisting just of 5 kihraxz went top 16 at the most recent UK regional.

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Somehow, the boy just isn't very buoyant.
My second full game (after I went insane and dropped $350+ on this hobby after just playing the starter game) included the two Rebel teams having a casual business meeting mid-board.

I lost both, but at the same time they were:

A) My first full 100 point games
and B) Lists I created with a random list creator (which left me with an illegal B-Wing setup come to find out)

Our next meetup is going to be in two weeks so I have time to come up with something new. Might buy a Lambda in the meantime and Imperial Vets if they pop up on Amazon.

Speaking of, if any of you are in Michigan let me know.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

Brunas posted:

I'm EST, weird schedule the next few days though. Anytime after 5ish Wednesday+ should be fine, if that's good with you.

Will Thurs. at 7pm EST work? What is your Steam name?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
So playing an xxy tonight. Wes with vi stressnot ia wedge with pred bb8 and IA and Horton with r2 and tlt.

Destroyed a rebel swarm with blue ace, a bandit snd two blues with tractor beams and fcs then a scum list with Kath, ndru and kavil all with mindlinks. So stressbot hooray. Kavil didn't get a chance to use his blaster turret. First game lost Horton, second wedge. That's it

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

God drat the Bespin mat is nice to look at.

I also love the idea of putting the blue target-lock tokens on the base. I imagine that'd be pretty convenient for ships with Fire-Control System especially.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

ro5s posted:

Academy Pilot (12)

Academy Pilot (12)

Darth Vader (29)
Adaptability (0)
Advanced Targeting Computer (1)
Engine Upgrade (4)
TIE/x1 (0)

"Whisper" (32)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Fire-Control System (2)
Advanced Cloaking Device (4)

Total: 97

Academy TIEs for MVP as usual, one shot down the inquisitor and then they blocked OL for a 5 dice shot from whisper.

APs are amazing blockers, and you can get a ton of mileage out of them. Good show!

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

bunnyofdoom posted:

So playing an xxy tonight. Wes with vi stressnot ia wedge with pred bb8 and IA and Horton with r2 and tlt.

Destroyed a rebel swarm with blue ace, a bandit snd two blues with tractor beams and fcs then a scum list with Kath, ndru and kavil all with mindlinks. So stressbot hooray. Kavil didn't get a chance to use his blaster turret. First game lost Horton, second wedge. That's it

Follow up. For the first time ever I went undefeated.

Third match up was against a brobot snd tel trevura list. I set up to joust with them, and outhought my opponent, leaving me with Wes and wedge at r1 of the ig and it r2 and in arc of Horton. It went blam, and the next turn I put 6 damage on trevura at which point my opponent conceded. Xxy for life

Brunas
Nov 5, 2012

Finster Dexter posted:

Will Thurs. at 7pm EST work? What is your Steam name?

Sure, sounds good. I'm GEORGE FOREMAN (with a picture of said foreman, with a santa hat on)

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Who the gently caress steals a guys wangs?? That's the exact opposite of flying casually. Hope you get all of your plastic space wars ships back dude.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

AndyElusive posted:

Who the gently caress steals a guys wangs?? That's the exact opposite of flying casually. Hope you get all of your plastic space wars ships back dude.

I would make a joke about all the ship-stealing that goes on in the star wars with Falcons and Lambdas and TIE/SF's and stuff, but I am sad on behalf of Some Numbers. :smith:

If he can't get justice, maybe we should crowdfund some Goonerocity to get him back in the game?

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
@Langolas

My failed PM posted:

Hey there! So, what times are you available, to be able to play our game of X-Wing? As mentioned on Steam I'm in Adelaide, South Australia (UTC +08:30 if I'm not mistaken) and am free from around 4pm my time onwards, during the week. (although basically anytime on the weekends, especially if there's prior warning)

Wasn't able to get you via PM, but just post here or shoot me a message on Steam, and we can try to work out a time to get the ball rolling on our game! I'm ready as ever to continue my horrendous streak of bad rolls in TTS going :D

Herux
Dec 1, 2013

General Battuta posted:

Let's do Weds 730!

Anyone want to play tonight?

Herux, what was ro5s running?

He posted his list earlier but even though the score was 100-0 the game was good. I either tricked/GOT REALLY LUCKY(it was this one) that both his academies took a wrong turn into the initial engagement while my inquisitor was on a rock and whisper was just out of R3 early. Did the first of two wampa palpd crits onto vader + another shield or 2 from juke omega and thought boy this is working out splendid. Bump his vader and get him down to 0shields 2 hull the following turn with a wampa palpd crit onto whisper and my shuttle still with 2 shields. BEGIN MY DOWNFALL! He ks his academies to get them back into the fray and it starts getting real claustrophobic as the shuttle full stops and every thing is trying to get into tight turns for position. So begins my dice blankage...The hero of the drat empire, academy pilot 2 closes this round with a beautiful naturally rolled 2crit+1hit because who needs mods amirite? inq is popped thanks to losing shields on asteroid and blank greens (palp used for wampa that turn). 7health shuttle with wampa having whisper in arc...vader fires for 2 dmg and shuttle WITH focus blanks it...5 health vs 5 dice(if i save palp and wampa whisper dies with 2 shield+2hull dmg) 5 dice for 4 dmg 2 are critical....and another blank green. I pass because again dead whisp if i can palp the crit andddddd direct hit. 2health whisp + 2health vader + 2APs vs omega leader + 2health wampa....It was over sooner rather than later.

Battuta yes 7:30 would be fantastic I should more than likely be there @7:30 or just slightly late, my build this week is brand new to me so it should be amazing obviously.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy

ConfusedUs posted:

Bro, I got a herd of angry cows ready to stampede all over your rear end.

I'm gonna U-Boat the hell outta those cows. No cow stands a chance. It'll be...

...A SLAUGHTER :getin:

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Fukken yeah who's gonna be piloting a TIE fighter at Yavin?

This guy *puts two thumbs up at the guy behind him because of restricted movement in TIE pilot costume*

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Otisburg posted:

If he can't get justice, maybe we should crowdfund some Goonerocity to get him back in the game?

I really appreciate the thought; someone on Reddit told me to contact FFG and they might replace some of it.

Langolas
Feb 12, 2011

My mustache makes me sexy, not the hat

Major Isoor posted:

@Langolas

Wasn't able to get you via PM, but just post here or shoot me a message on Steam, and we can try to work out a time to get the ball rolling on our game! I'm ready as ever to continue my horrendous streak of bad rolls in TTS going :D

Yeah if you'd leave yourself online in steam I could respond back ya. Quit turning poo poo off ya power saving oval office!

I'm in MTN time in the states, and with your timezone its gonna be tough as hell to schedule something out, I'm limited to evenings in the states and Sunday/Monday are my days off.

PS, is Gary the Goat super popular down in Aussie land? From his videos it seems like everyone recognizes the guy off the streets. Maybe we can get Jimbo to play some Xwangs

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

So, my wife broke the peg off the bottom of one of my Y-wings... what's the best glue to use for putting it back together I have no idea

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Finster Dexter posted:

So, my wife broke the peg off the bottom of one of my Y-wings... what's the best glue to use for putting it back together I have no idea

Contact FFG, send them a picture and get a new Y-Wing.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Some Numbers posted:

Contact FFG, send them a picture and get a new Y-Wing.

I need it before regional in 2 weeks. The last time I got a replacement from FFG it took like 3-4 weeks. (Twilight Imperium hex)

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Finster Dexter posted:

I need it before regional in 2 weeks. The last time I got a replacement from FFG it took like 3-4 weeks. (Twilight Imperium hex)

I emailed them on the 20th with the same issue, they shipped the replacement a couple of days later and it got to me on the 27th.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Then, get a drill the right size, drill the hole out, and put the snapped off bit back in (or the end off a base peg) with some CA gel.

Make sure the ship is pointing the right way obviously. This will be a lot stronger than the as-new peg.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Hey, can someone get me hooked up with the X-Wang TTS Steam group? I've got TTS and I keep meaning to get in on that action.

I'm on GMT, though, so that might present a bit of difficulty.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
The group is "SA XWing TMG" here.

Since I'm at home most days for the next month in US TZ, I am glad there's someone GMT that I can play with while I do my aforementioned sitting at home. :v:

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

overdesigned posted:

The group is "SA XWing TMG" here.

Since I'm at home most days for the next month in US TZ, I am glad there's someone GMT that I can play with while I do my aforementioned sitting at home. :v:

And I'm in! Def. looking forward to blowing up yourmy tiny plasticvirtual spaceships soon!

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Yvonmukluk posted:

Hey, can someone get me hooked up with the X-Wang TTS Steam group? I've got TTS and I keep meaning to get in on that action.

I'm on GMT, though, so that might present a bit of difficulty.

There are UK-ish Goons. I think Aromoro is in Scotland and he's a great dude to play with.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Aramoro and I are going to be playing out league game once he's done eating; GOONS BEING GOONS, pass is lljk.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Which one of you is the admin for the Dank x-wing memes page?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Tractor beams are so fun. I played a game with 4 LOM, Guri, and autoblaster Y wing. I never even shot with the primary on the mist hunter because the tractor beam was always the more fun option.

Oh hey, imma beam you and plop you on this rock so you roll for damage right away and again when you move off of it :)
I get why you don't see many in the competitive scene, but they have a very fun place in my kitchen table meta

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

I think because competitively the only ship that can shoot it and shoot its primary isn't out yet. Beyond that though for the beam to be effective you want lots of shots after it so it has to be on one of your higher pilot skill ships and it's not worth giving up that primary shot generally.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Chemmy posted:

I think because competitively the only ship that can shoot it and shoot its primary isn't out yet. Beyond that though for the beam to be effective you want lots of shots after it so it has to be on one of your higher pilot skill ships and it's not worth giving up that primary shot generally.

Yeah, it's usually not worth giving up the primary weapon attack that does damage. There are some exceptions, but they're mostly situational.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

siggy2021
Mar 8, 2010
Playing with things you don't see people talk about is rad and more people should do it.

Homey Missiles

Major Rhymer (26)
Adaptability (0)
Extra Munitions (2)
Advanced Homing Missiles (3)
Seismic Charges (2)
Guidance Chips (0)

Maarek Stele (27)
Adaptability (0)
Fire-Control System (0)
Guidance Chips (0)
TIE/x1 (0)

The Inquisitor (25)
Push the Limit (3)
Autothrusters (2)
TIE/v1 (1)

Total: 100

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

I played this against General Battuta the other day and it probably would have done pretty well if I didn't gently caress up my flying so bad. I did make two X-wings use their integrated astromechs.

• Locked thread