Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shachi
Nov 1, 2004

I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark-haired women and breakfast food.

LewdMonocle posted:

/\ Prime silver, ink wash, pick out details, done. /\

That is exactly the plan. Honestly if I couldn't speed paint them like that I wouldn't have offered to do them. I really like the molds though and it gives me a lot of practice for my new airbrush.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003
if you can balance a tac-hammer on your head, you can head off your opponent with a balanced attack
Oath Complete!

Claiming:

theme challenge: fantasy theme

Achievement: Box art

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Oath Complete!

Took a few snaps in my kitchen on my phone as I still can't find my camera charger. But here it is!

The glaze is still drying on the cockpit as I'm off out in a bit and not around until after the month ends, so will matt varnish the thing in early hours.

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 20:41 on May 30, 2016

overthefalls
Apr 17, 2005

"They called you exotic, which is just people talk for awesome!"
:wooper: Oath Complete! :wooper:

If you go down to the woods today
You're sure of a big surprise.
If you go down to the woods today
You'd better go in disguise!

For every marine that ever there was
Will gather there for certain,
Because today's the day the
Lictors have their picnic.

Claiming:
- Monster May-hem!: Not the biggest monsters out there, but there'll be stories in villages about people disappearing constantly.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

I, Schmetterling, hereby Oath for the month of May, this Reaper Bones Giant

Luebbi
Jul 28, 2000
Oath addition!

I will add this Privateer Press Legion of Everblight Nephilim Soldier to my oath - now that's a mouthful. Depending on when he gets approved, I might go for the speedpainting achievement with him.

Luebbi posted:

Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in!

I, Luebbi, pledge these 7 Privateer Press Cygnar Trenchers!

I do realize these fit neither theme, but it's the unit I want to get done the most before Warmachine MK3 hits the scene. The unit is 14 man strong (15 actually, but I used one dude for base decoration), and I already got started on the first half. Depending on how long I take, I might still be able to add something dragon-ey to my oath later this month,.

Luebbi fucked around with this message at 08:28 on May 29, 2016

Nichol
May 18, 2004

Sly Dog
Uhoh-- I got carried away finishing the bases on some old models and accidentally put down a base layer on some models I meant to oath next month... does this disqualify then? Or does it not matter since the rules on bases are so vague?

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

:parrot: Oath Complete! :parrot:

He looks too friendly to be swinging that sword around...

As a Storm Giant, this should tick the boxes for the Where are my dragons?!: Theme Challenge as well as Monster Mayhem.

Also claiming Speedpainting!

Schmetterling posted:

I, Schmetterling, hereby Oath for the month of May, this Reaper Bones Giant

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Luebbi posted:

Oath addition!

I will add this Privateer Press Legion of Everblight Nephilim Soldier to my oath - now that's a mouthful. Depending on when he gets approved, I might go for the speedpainting achievement with him.

Just paint, don't worry about waiting for it to be approved. We've had many examples where a speed paint gets finished before the Oath is accepted. Such as Schmetterling's one above this :)

Nichol posted:

Uhoh-- I got carried away finishing the bases on some old models and accidentally put down a base layer on some models I meant to oath next month... does this disqualify then? Or does it not matter since the rules on bases are so vague?

This should be fine, iirc bases don't count.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I think bases used to count, but there are now so many games with no bases, or deliberately blank/clear bases (ie X-Wing, Dreadball), that they only count if you call em out specific now.

Luebbi
Jul 28, 2000

Zark the Damned posted:

Just paint, don't worry about waiting for it to be approved. We've had many examples where a speed paint gets finished before the Oath is accepted. Such as Schmetterling's one above this :)

This should be fine, iirc bases don't count.

Thanks, off I go!

NTRabbit posted:

I think bases used to count, but there are now so many games with no bases, or deliberately blank/clear bases (ie X-Wing, Dreadball), that they only count if you call em out specific now.

Also great to know, since I usually start with the bases and paint batches of them. That means my unpainted Typhon with completely finished base can stll be used for next months oath, great!

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

:siren:Oath Complete!:siren:

The wrens of war have been tamed and harnessed. The dwarf... not so much.

Obviously, the entire thing is strictly fantastical, for the theme challenge. I'd also like to claim monster mayhem for such a fearsome beast (the wren, I mean).

I'd also like to attempt to claim box art for the wren; (please feel free to disallow as this is a bit silly).

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
One more oath: Hutchuk, Ogrun Bounty Hunter
From Privateer Press

Taft Punk
Jan 11, 2011

Fish are the vegetables of the sea.
I, Taft Punk, hereby oath one "Boiler" from Guild Ball to be completed by the deadline of June 1st, for a total of 2 models.

He is 28mm scale, more or less, and I will be shooting for the 24-hour Speed Painting deadline.

(edit:)

Oops, I missed the theme. DAGRONS AHOY (I, Taft Punk, hereby add an Angelius warbeast from Privateer Press's Hordes game, Legion of Everblight faction to be precise)

Taft Punk fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Jun 3, 2016

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

LazyAngel posted:

I'd also like to attempt to claim box art for the wren; (please feel free to disallow as this is a bit silly).

I will vote to allow the box art only if you name the Dwarf rider Stimpy and constantly make "Ren & Stimpy" references when playing it.

LordAba fucked around with this message at 21:11 on May 29, 2016

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

LazyAngel posted:

:siren:Oath Complete!:siren:

The wrens of war have been tamed and harnessed. The dwarf... not so much.

Obviously, the entire thing is strictly fantastical, for the theme challenge. I'd also like to claim monster mayhem for such a fearsome beast (the wren, I mean).

Wouldn't that be nesting box art?

Also, sweet bird! My parents have splendid fairy wrens visit their backyard :3:

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
Oath Complete!

After much procrastinating over how to approach painting Huggy (and therefore Backpack) I'm fairly happy with how these came out. Painting tentacle face turned out to be a bit of a bitch, those things made it tricky to do her face/upper torso! Still, free hugs for all!

EDIT - Claiming #squadgoals and maybe the fantasy theme if these qualify.

Ugleb fucked around with this message at 10:18 on May 31, 2016

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Ugleb posted:

Oath Complete!

After much procrastinating over how to approach painting Huggy (and therefore Backpack) I'm fairly happy with how these came out. Painting tentacle face turned out to be a bit of a bitch, those things made it tricky to do her face/upper torso! Still, free hugs for all!

Oh neat! I haven't seen a "muscular" huggy before.

Luebbi
Jul 28, 2000
OATH COMPLETE!

First up is the Squad of 7 Trenchers that I oathed... actually, I painted 14 of 'em, 7 already had a basecoat. Since i have no clue which guys I oathed, here's the entire #squad:

And here's the Box art... I diverged slightly from it since there's far too much bronze, but the colour scheme and colour palette are matched. Hope that counts, if not, no problem.

Next, I oathed this Nephilim Soldier, for whom I can claim the speedpaint achievement! Dude was a lot of fun to paint up, however the photo looks really lovely, sorry for that. He's also a Dragonspawn, so I'm claiming the technical challenge!

Achievements: Box art, Se7enth Heaven, #squadgoals

Reubenesque Sandwich
Aug 1, 2006
Their flashing tongues, spitting out blood and poison.
Fun Shoe
I'm dying over here!

I have two days left to complete my oath, last model is built, sculpted, and primed.

My sons wedding was Friday, I'm juggling family, Memorial Day gak, and general chaos. I'm gonna have to sneak off at 3AM the next two days to get it done! (Thank god no ones wakes in the house before 9AM!)

The Impaler
Dec 28, 2011

10 Brogies
20 GOTO 10
Don't worry malal, I'll get home and oath a Dark Elf dragon with (less than?) two days to go. You'll be right.

Reubenesque Sandwich
Aug 1, 2006
Their flashing tongues, spitting out blood and poison.
Fun Shoe

The Impaler posted:

Don't worry malal, I'll get home and oath a Dark Elf dragon with (less than?) two days to go. You'll be right.

Nice! Everyone works best with a deadline.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

Oath Complete

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010
I, Ledgem, oath to paint for May these 6 baby dragons from Soda Pop Miniatures' Super Dungeon Explore!

Lethemonster
Aug 5, 2009

I was hiding under your bench because I don't want to work out

Ledgem posted:

I, Ledgem, oath to paint for May these 6 baby dragons from Soda Pop Miniatures' Super Dungeon Explore!

Are they in witness protection?

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Lethemonster posted:

Are they in witness protection?

They're obviously shadow drakes

Lethemonster
Aug 5, 2009

I was hiding under your bench because I don't want to work out
I ended up abandoning my elaborate plans for this because, much to my surprise, I found this really unfun to paint. Because of the model itself, and because my paint wasnt adhering. Turns out my primer is rubbish and needs replacing.

Oath Complete

Claiming technical challenge: it flies and shoots pew pew!

Looking forward to next month when I can oath first thing and pull out a paint job I'm proud of.

Lethemonster fucked around with this message at 14:53 on May 30, 2016

The Impaler
Dec 28, 2011

10 Brogies
20 GOTO 10
I, The Impaler, oath to paint in May, the GW Dark Elf Dragon

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Looks like the next couple of days are going to be busy with Oath Completion posts! Spreadsheet says we've got 84 Oathers, 37 of whom have already posted their completions.

As a reminder, when you make your Oath Completion post, do the following:

1. Post everything you have Oathed this month, even if you have already posted some of it (usually the case when making additions).
2. Put your name on all of the pictures. Either using a note in the picture, or using an editor like Photoshop or GIMP. If you don't do this, you don't get the points!
3. Claim any achievements you are scoring, whether you have done this month's challenge (either one) and any Competitions you are entering (such as this month's Monster May-Hem)
3a. Exception, you don't need to claim Seventh Heaven or any of the 'Finish X Oaths' achievements as these are done automatically.
3b. Some achievements require some extra evidence, like Spring Cleaning, Speed Painting and WIP pictures. Be sure to include this.
4. Once the spreadsheet link is live, double check your entry to make sure I've not missed anything.
5. If you are a new Oather (Or you Oathed 3 or fewer times during the last few seasons) and were inspired to take part by another Goon, name drop them so they are eligible for the Referral Bonus prize draw.

If you have already made your completion post and would like to go back and claim any extra achievements etc. simply edit your post and let me know (with a link to your post!) so I can update the spreadsheet.

Zark the Damned fucked around with this message at 13:17 on May 30, 2016

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Question: Can I oath partially completed models?

I have a terrible habit of finishing a model like 80% and then leaving it for months.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

You can do a few so long as they're part of the 'its a rescue' achievement, but that's only for one Oath.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

:siren: Oath Complete :siren:

This is the first miniature that I have painted in something like two years, so I am pretty happy just to have done it, even if it took me all month and the camera reveals any number of problems. :) I did not manage to freehand a dragon or anything, so I am not claiming the theme for the month. Just happy to be back painting!

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Zark the Damned posted:

You can do a few so long as they're part of the 'its a rescue' achievement, but that's only for one Oath.

Can we post our half finished crap along with our oaths? Not for points but so we can feel shame when we don't finish? We can use Not an Oath.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Oops, added my name to my Oath Pics if needed.

I'll get around to some decent photos of the stuff I've painted over the past few days (but didn't oath) at some point.

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007
Oath Complete

I would like to claim a point for where are my dragons and also claim two entries for monstEr May-hem

This is my second oath. It was helpful as it got me to paint two models that I had ignored for years, i was pleased with my pinning however I bit off more than I could chew painting wise as I was not prepared for the larger models. The transitions needed a lot more care than on a man at 28mm scale. One big model in future.

Hummingbird James
Jan 3, 2013
Oath Complete!

I'd like to claim the #SquadGoals achievement with this oath, please.

Man, as a relatively unskilled painter, I'm kinda wishing that I didn't go with this particular scheme for my Alpha Legion. It's super hard to do with just a brush, though I guess a harder scheme will make me better faster, right? Also, I used way too much weathering powder, especially on the sergeant. Super pleased with how the shoulder pad looks on him, though.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Oath Complete!

Alguaciles

Their brave leader (and the model I'm least happy with)

Jaguars

Bandit (sneaky bastard is in my oath declaration post, but I forgot to call him out. Hope he still counts)

Claiming Journal for Daenerys Lupe's shoulder dragon. Also claiming the SquadGoals Achievement, which I believe these qualify for.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

GoodBee posted:

Can we post our half finished crap along with our oaths? Not for points but so we can feel shame when we don't finish? We can use Not an Oath.

If you fail an oath I think posting the picture is fine. If it's wholly oath unrelated though, I'd say the Miniature Painting Thread is more appropriate.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Signal posted:

Oath Complete!

Alguaciles

Their brave leader (and the model I'm least happy with)

Jaguars

Bandit (sneaky bastard is in my oath declaration post, but I forgot to call him out. Hope he still counts)

Claiming Journal for Daenerys Lupe's shoulder dragon. Also claiming the SquadGoals Achievement, which I believe these qualify for.

I dunno what these are for/from, but they look great!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Korwen
Feb 26, 2003

don't mind me, I'm just out hunting.

Oath Complete!

I've still got a lot of rust to knock off, but hopefully I can look back in a few months and see some marked improvement. Now to figure out what I want to paint next.

• Locked thread