Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

Nah, the "Krillin throws the disc, it breaks on Cell" is only from the anime. In the manga he just tries to punch Cell.

I don't remember the disc even happening and was just talking about him punching cell. I never mentioned the destructo disc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caros
May 14, 2008

Rutibex posted:

What exactly is the deal with Super Saiyan Gohan anyway? Like, he was fighting Super Buu in his base form after the Elder Kai "unlocked his power". If base form Gohan is stronger than Super Buu, is he now 50X stronger than he was in the Buu saga, seeing as he can transform into a Super Saiyan?

Best guess it probably wore off. That or there is the fan joke that it transferred to Pan.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Whoever said that DBZ runs off of Lamarckian genetics was right.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Manatee Cannon posted:

I don't remember the disc even happening and was just talking about him punching cell. I never mentioned the destructo disc

I assumed you were talking about him throwing the Destructo Disk since that's also a pretty big no-sell. My bad

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.

Rutibex posted:

What exactly is the deal with Super Saiyan Gohan anyway? Like, he was fighting Super Buu in his base form after the Elder Kai "unlocked his power". If base form Gohan is stronger than Super Buu, is he now 50X stronger than he was in the Buu saga, seeing as he can transform into a Super Saiyan?

Elder Kai's power boost allegedly pushed him to his max potential, meaning going Super Saiyan wouldn't have done anything except burn energy since he was already at his ceiling. It could even be theorized that he was already at the line between Mortal and God while he was fighting Super Buu and that only God Ki could have surpassed his power at that time. But by the time of Freeza's resurrection that power boost had worn off and his lack of training made even Super Saiyan useless since 50X nothing is still nothing.

Which begs the question as to just how powerful Vegetto is in comparison now. He was the strongest character in the existence according Toriyama himself. But he didn't have God Ki which means, depending on how anal about canon you want to get, that Vegetto surpassed Gods in power using regular ki.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Esroc posted:

Elder Kai's power boost allegedly pushed him to his max potential, meaning going Super Saiyan wouldn't have done anything except burn energy since he was already at his ceiling. It could even be theorized that he was already at the line between Mortal and God while he was fighting Super Buu and that only God Ki could have surpassed his power at that time. But by the time of Freeza's resurrection that power boost had worn off and his lack of training made even Super Saiyan useless since 50X nothing is still nothing.

Which begs the question as to just how powerful Vegetto is in comparison now. He was the strongest character in the existence according Toriyama himself. But he didn't have God Ki which means, depending on how anal about canon you want to get, that Vegetto surpassed Gods in power using regular ki.

To be fair Freeza can surpass God Ki with regular Ki, so that's not too surprising.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I'm pretty sure even Videl could beat up King Yemma at this point. Just being a god isn't that impressive, it depends on your divine rank.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

All this really makes me lament wasting time arguing about it when I was 12.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

RBX posted:

All this really makes me lament wasting time arguing about it when I was 12.

I wonder how many brilliant scientists and miracle cures we've lost to Dragonball power level and related discussions

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!

ImpAtom posted:

That isn't true at all.

The reason the gun hurt Goku is because Goku let his guard down and DBZ invincibility relies on focusing on protecting yourself with your ki. This is a stated plot point and how it's always functioned.

Basically, Sorbet off-guarded Goku that fight.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I wonder how many brilliant scientists and miracle cures we've lost to Dragonball power level and related discussions

Not many, people who spend this much time talking about anime power levels are usually not the best and the brightest. They usually mistake knowing pointless poo poo with being smart.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Fluffdaddy posted:

Not many, people who spend this much time talking about anime power levels are usually not the best and the brightest. They usually mistake knowing pointless poo poo with being smart.

When the aliens invade and kill everyone who doesn't know the hierarchy of Buu forms I will get the last laugh.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

I would have gotten that Masters in Physics but I was too busy calculating Goku's power level in the Bio-Broly movie in relation to the Buu Saga *dies alone*

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Fluffdaddy posted:

I think everyone telling them nerds are smart reinforced the belief.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Covok posted:

I think everyone telling them nerds are smart reinforced the belief.

The kind of people who can tell you all about the Extended Universe canon of Star Wars but couldn't pass College Algebra because the "teacher was too tough".

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The important thing to know about power levels is that they don't matter and also the show is better when it is about being funny instead of being about HIGH POWER.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Raxivace posted:

Whoever said that DBZ runs off of Lamarckian genetics was right.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

what is this lamarckian bullshit.

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of all of you.

JohnnyCocksville
Feb 1, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Esroc posted:

Goku would be ashamed of all of you.

I know I sure am. None of these new forms or moves matter in the long run. Nobody is going to get THAT much stronger and heres why: Super is all filler in setup for the series most memorable antagonist, General Rilldo.

JohnnyCocksville fucked around with this message at 00:29 on May 31, 2016

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

JohnnyCocksville posted:

I know I sure am. None of these new forms or moves matter in the long run. Nobody is going to get THAT much stronger and heres why: Super is all filler in setup for the series most memorable antagonist, General Rilldo.

Not to defend GT, but wasn't Buu physically not that strong, but it more of his insane regeneration and limitless energy? Still a dumb statement by Goku through.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

I dunno, we should rehash 15 more pages of dumb power level chat because that is fun for everyone to read.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Rirse posted:

Not to defend GT, but wasn't Buu physically not that strong, but it more of his insane regeneration and limitless energy? Still a dumb statement by Goku through.

Regular Fat Buu isn't anything special beyond the fact that he's drat near unkillable. Kid Buu might be stronger than him maybe, but mostly it's that he's more ferocious and actively hateful, while Fat Buu is playful and has a kindness to him.

Keep in mind that a SSJ 2 Vegeta clowned Buu and nearly killed him with a suicide move. SSJ3 Goku, when he was dead and the form didn't drain all of his life away, was pretty much superior to him.

After that the escalation is obvious. Buuhan is stronger than Buutanks is stronger than Buucilo is stronger than Super Buu is stronger than Evil Buu is stronger than Fat Buu.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

wouldn't piccolo drop his power like the old fat supreme kai did to kid buu

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Could Cell beat Buu?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

wasn't dabura supposed to be as strong as perfect cell

because buu beat him p easily, also gohan

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Yeah but Cell has regeneration and Dabura doesn't

Also Dabura could've won by spitting on buu

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Aurora posted:

Fat Buu maybe. Because he's dumb. But the other Buu's would've been cognizant enough to make a splooge clone before the stone took over.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Aurora posted:

Nah, because Buu can survive turning to gas. Buu'd probably turn to stone, the stone would crack, and fat buu would pour out as smoke then regenerate.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Aurora posted:

Cell couldn't regenerate from being turned into a toffee.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The question I always have is, was Dabura as powerful as normal Perfect Cell, or the SSJ2-style Cell that showed up after he exploded himself

Because if it's just normal Perfect Cell, then yeah, Buu would wreck his poo poo. Super Perfect Cell is a bit more dodgy- he'd be in Majin Vegeta's power scale at that point and could suicide attack Buu while surviving himself and growing stronger from it. In theory, Cell could grow more powerful the longer he fights Buu, assuming Buu doesn't either turn him into candy or destroy the one nucleolus that he needs to reform.

I'm also entirely of the mind that Gohan wasn't just a SSJ 2 when he murdered the gently caress out of Cell and the Cell Jrs. I always figured he just tapped into his true power that Old Kai unlocked for him.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Champa hurt his shin when he bumped it against that coffee table at some point during the tournament. Coffee table can easily beat Raditz and destroy planets

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Burkion posted:

The question I always have is, was Dabura as powerful as normal Perfect Cell, or the SSJ2-style Cell that showed up after he exploded himself

Because if it's just normal Perfect Cell, then yeah, Buu would wreck his poo poo. Super Perfect Cell is a bit more dodgy- he'd be in Majin Vegeta's power scale at that point and could suicide attack Buu while surviving himself and growing stronger from it. In theory, Cell could grow more powerful the longer he fights Buu, assuming Buu doesn't either turn him into candy or destroy the one nucleolus that he needs to reform.

I'm also entirely of the mind that Gohan wasn't just a SSJ 2 when he murdered the gently caress out of Cell and the Cell Jrs. I always figured he just tapped into his true power that Old Kai unlocked for him.

The real kicker is that since Cell had Freeza DNA, and a lot of it considering his appearance, he must have also had Freeza's freakish power increasing ability. Combined with Zenkai and Super Saiyan transformations it stands to reason that Cell had the potential to become the most powerful being in existence. A few months of training, a couple suicide attacks and regeneration's, and Super Saiyan 3 would have made him Beerus level in a scary short amount of time.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Burkion posted:

Neither has the power to destroy the other beyond their power to regenerate. It would come down to a battle of absorption! I think Buu can absorb Cell, but if Cell tried to absorb Buu he would just get consumed from the inside.

Winner: Golden Majin Super Sayjin 2 Bell

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 02:11 on May 31, 2016

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Esroc posted:

The real kicker is that since Cell had Freeza DNA, and a lot of it considering his appearance, he must have also had Freeza's freakish power increasing ability. Combined with Zenkai and Super Saiyan transformations it stands to reason that Cell had the potential to become the most powerful being in existence. A few months of training, a couple suicide attacks and regeneration's, and Super Saiyan 3 would have made him Beerus level in a scary short amount of time.

This realization is probably the single scariest thing the current Dragon Ball media brought to me. The literal only reason Cell didn't become an ungodly monster is because his Saiyan cells pushed him into fighting the Z-Warriors nearly immediately upon reaching Perfection. If he had instead listened to the Goku side of his body and decided to train, then Freeza's potential would've triggered, and we'd be seeing a very, VERY different end to the Cell Saga. Add to that that even if the Z-Warriors managed to beat that, Cell would just regenerate and Zenkai...

Basically the only reason Cell lost was because he honestly had no idea just how true his Perfection was. He had no idea just how powerful his regeneration was (something he outright points out post-revival), and he had no idea of the limitless potential inside his body.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

cell is gonna come back and get chumped by gohan again probably

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!
Dragonball Z's Majin Buu saga has this scene: 18 remarks on how annoying Trunks and Goten trying to fuse is. She "dreamt about a fusion between Puar and the Ox King".

And then she was trying to help Krillin cheat in poker against Roshi but he wasn't understanding her signals.

Iunno if that's filler or not but it's adorable and kinda prescient considering this game coming out.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Lupus Rufus posted:

Dragonball Z's Majin Buu saga has this scene: 18 remarks on how annoying Trunks and Goten trying to fuse is. She "dreamt about a fusion between Puar and the Ox King".

And then she was trying to help Krillin cheat in poker against Roshi but he wasn't understanding her signals.

Iunno if that's filler or not but it's adorable and kinda prescient considering this game coming out.

it's filler and good

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

unlike the bad filler that is half of the posts in this thread

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!

Ruggington posted:

it's filler and good

yes that was the point i was trying to make, that DBZ filler is very very good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Blaze Dragon posted:

This realization is probably the single scariest thing the current Dragon Ball media brought to me. The literal only reason Cell didn't become an ungodly monster is because his Saiyan cells pushed him into fighting the Z-Warriors nearly immediately upon reaching Perfection. If he had instead listened to the Goku side of his body and decided to train, then Freeza's potential would've triggered, and we'd be seeing a very, VERY different end to the Cell Saga. Add to that that even if the Z-Warriors managed to beat that, Cell would just regenerate and Zenkai...

Basically the only reason Cell lost was because he honestly had no idea just how true his Perfection was. He had no idea just how powerful his regeneration was (something he outright points out post-revival), and he had no idea of the limitless potential inside his body.

Though I should point out that him surviving his self destruction was pure luck. Had his core been not just managed to survive the explosion he would have died then and there. The other stuff does apply however.

• Locked thread