Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Strom Cuzewon posted:

I will defend Indigo Prophecy to the death. I love the tortured psychological horror of the early game, I love the batshit cyborg raven lady from the late game, the secret society of hobos, Area 51, aztecs, I think the illuminati too. I especially love how the scene in which you matrix - escape from the cops by running on walls and swinging from a helicopter onto a moving train is immediately follwed by you playing as the cops and having to explain what the gently caress just happened.

The problem is that none of that stuff fits together. It's such a ludicrous mess of ideas. It's like someone read Illuminatus! Or Snow Crash and somehow missed that they're taking the piss.

Oh and there are angels too. And at one point you fight with the furniture.

the best fight scenes are the airborne ones where they're suspended in midair and slapping each other, and then running up the side of walls like looney tunes characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

Guy Mann posted:

It was even better, for Van Buren the concept art had them sawing off the front half of the cars to pull chariots.

:iia:

This makes absolutely zero sense, why would you not just leave the car whole????

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

packetmantis posted:

This makes absolutely zero sense, why would you not just leave the car whole????

I want to know how they control the motor part with those reins.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Caesar's Legion are basically post-apocalyptic LARPers, you two are overthinking and underthinking it respectively.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

packetmantis posted:

Welcome to Fallout, where a tribal with so little worldliness that they think a slot machine is a many-eyed deific idol can make on-point Dirty Harry jokes.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Action Tortoise posted:

the best fight scenes are the airborne ones where they're suspended in midair and slapping each other, and then running up the side of walls like looney tunes characters.

Also when the oracle teleports in, throws one punch, teleports out, teleports back, throws one punch, teleports out, repeat 5 times.

Or when he starts throwing bricks at you really slowly.

Or fighting upside down on a TV aerial.

David Cage is a genius just for being able to get people to animate that stuff.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Also when the oracle teleports in, throws one punch, teleports out, teleports back, throws one punch, teleports out, repeat 5 times.

Or when he starts throwing bricks at you really slowly.

Or fighting upside down on a TV aerial.

The best terrible fight scene is the one where your apartment furniture comes to life and attacks you because every single piece of furniture flies at you one at a time for five minutes while you do the same three canned animations of jumping, ducking, or moving to the side.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Let's not forget the best chase scene ever made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-L-G1q_0L8

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Severed on Vita is a pretty cool game, but I feel like half the difficulty is from using my finger because I don't have a capacitative stylus.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Digirat posted:

It's great in Until Dawn, too - there's a chase scene where your character will slam face first into every tree across the path he sees, and just get floored by each of them. It's remarkable how tenacious these guys can be.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Digirat posted:

This makes the character you're playing look utterly incompetent but it makes the guy he's chasing look just as bad. If you can't escape from a guy who makes the three stooges look competent then you are a terrible loving criminal who deserves to get caught.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Strom Cuzewon posted:

My favorite David Cage cameo is in heavy rain where he's a psychiatrist with the most luxurious fuckin office and a sign constantly flashing the word E G O.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Digirat posted:

I don't know anything about Heavy Rain, but it somehow always makes me laugh. Nothing beats the legendary Shaun! though

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I'm half convinced nobody actually bought a David Cage game and they've been funded on pure infamy.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I bought Heavy Rain for sixty dollars

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
My condolences.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX
I borrowed a friend's copy of Heavy Rain which he in turn borrowed from another friend Heavy Rain by David Cage is a really good game because it's just like a book you can pass it around and then discuss the story with your friend 7.5/10

also it gave us this (spoilers for the ending of Heavy Rain)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0t0uCWjQ6Og

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Digirat posted:

Oh my god that was hilarious. The double doors, the guy walking calmly behind a guy struggling to hold onto an ice display for fish, the fact that baldy is always juuust out of reach. Also what kind of grocer has live chickens?

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

The thing dragging down Indigo Prophecy for me is that it is a loving nightmare to get working with a modern game pad OR to play with kb+m so even though this thread has made me want to go through it again and try to beat it I can't.

...Also there's one action sequence on the PC that is glitched so you always lose a dot, it's like when you climb on a helicopter after escaping your apartment or something I think.

And the stealth sections are just asstastic.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Away all Goats posted:

Oh my god that was hilarious. The double doors, the guy walking calmly behind a guy struggling to hold onto an ice display for fish, the fact that baldy is always juuust out of reach. Also what kind of grocer has live chickens?

A french grocer? I have no idea. The same place that has a merry go round at a public park.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

ChaseSP posted:

A french grocer?

Cage's European-ness showing through when he's trying his hardest to copy American cinema is always funny. In Indigo Prophecy there's a scene that takes pace at a laundromat but the characters call it a lavomatic (the french term) while the signs call it a launderette (the UK term), and I'm pretty sure in Heavy Rain they have European power sockets instead of American ones.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
You all do not live in major cities do you.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

So I was searching Heavy Rain just because slowbeef's wife is playing it and it made me curious to see if anyone here was talking about the game.

Anyway, I like Heavy Rain completely un-ironically. Beyond was...meh. Looking forward to Detroit. But I'm posting to ask, should I try Indigo Prophecy then? Read a bit of some of the posts about it but stopped because I want to avoid spoilers.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Indigo Prophecy is the roughest of David cages games on the sense that it goes off the loving rails about 2/3rd through.

Absolutely amazing trip worth experiencing though.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

NikkolasKing posted:

So I was searching Heavy Rain just because slowbeef's wife is playing it and it made me curious to see if anyone here was talking about the game.

Anyway, I like Heavy Rain completely un-ironically. Beyond was...meh. Looking forward to Detroit. But I'm posting to ask, should I try Indigo Prophecy then? Read a bit of some of the posts about it but stopped because I want to avoid spoilers.

Play Indigo Prophecy. you owe it to yourself as a heavy rain fan. and please play the tutorial as it's my second favorite David Cage cameo

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Phlegmish posted:

I don't know anything about Heavy Rain, but it somehow always makes me laugh. Nothing beats the legendary Shaun! though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-rLtL7mytQ

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
I picked up Azure Striker Gunvolt after a while of not playing it, and I still have the same problem I had in my initial run with it: I don't get it.

It is basically a sequel to the Mega Man Zero and ZX games, with dash and walljumps and shooting forward as your main weapon, just instead of a sword you have an energy sphere that hits everything you "marked" with a basic shot before. Mark and kill multiple enemies at the same time, get more points, do it while floating, even more points. The points thing is really important to the game as it replaces the ranking of the Zero games, and I get that, it's fine because in the end you just have to avoid getting hit all the same and kill enemies instead of avoiding them. And time is still a factor.

However, I played the Zero games to death and can S-Rank most of them well enough, dodge and weave between enemies, no-hit kill bosses, but I sure as poo poo cannot for Gunvolt. I just feel overwhelmed, and it's not just because my fingers are too fat for the buttons (though the basic system is more complicated than shoot n slash n dash), it's all the stuff around it. The energy sphere is always a big graphical effect around Gunvolt himself, and it extends tendrils to marked enemies, this is a huge mess on the screen and I have a very hard time seeing bullets sneak in towards me. Some (missiles) the sphere itself kills, some it doesn't and I have to look out for them. Some enemies get stunned by the electricity, some don't. Some dodge away from my normal shots. Some get activated by the sphere. I have now encountered missiles that do get destroyed by the sphere, but then they turn into energy shots that penetrate it and hit me. It took me three fights against the enemy using them to even notice it. I am having a really hard time to decide if I want to be twitchy-speedy shooty spherey, or look out very carefully to get the best shots in and dodge everything. Sphere on at all points (with pauses to let sphere energy regenerate) is good 90% of the time, because it kills poo poo AND protects you AND makes you float slowly instead of dropping, but 10% of the time it's a terrible idea, and that fucks with me somewhat fierce.

But that's not all. You have "special weapons" which actually only replace your basic weapon, and I don't really see the point of most. One you can aim, which you'd have to stop for, and I certainly don't want that, one shoots up- and downwards instead of forwards which seems terrible, also it can only mark an enemy twice instead of thrice which severely seems to cut damage output. One shoots an immobile option-type thing that fires everywhere and it seems completely useless. Also, each switch is a pause menu trip and that's just clunky. All of them are infinitely worse than the starting gun anyway, because that has turbo-fire by holding the button down. Between dashing, jumping, energy-sphering and precise movements to dodge and line up my shots to mark enemies correctly, I really don't want to hammer the shoot button too. But maybe I'm missing out on how to really play the game well? It's infuriating.

And then you have a crafting system. You can make stuff like a double jump adapter, or a dodge thing I have no idea of how it works, or plain half damage, or maybe you want the energy sphere cost twice and deal double damage? It's nice for customization, but
- I don't get half of what the stuff even does
- Some are mutually exclusive, so I constantly have to decide between double jumping or faster energy regen which isn't that much of a contest (though the double jump costs sphere energy so...another thing to look out for, really)
- The materials I have absolutely no idea how to farm. You get a certain number after each mission depending on how well you did, and it's random, and I have only very rarely seen some of the better ones needed to craft really good poo poo, and maybe they're mission-exclusive, maybe rank-exclusive, but I really don't know

Also I have extra items I can use in stages like a heal but I absolutely never bother. I have forgotten what I equipped last time I played and I won't check. Why?

Because the game is actually really easy to just play through. Because I tried going for some missions (there are special achievements for each stage and they're a pain in the rear end to even try, but let's not get into that now) I replayed stages a bunch, and that raises my level, and I'm now at a point, completely unwanted, where I can sleepwalk through everything. Especially because I can just take half damage if I want to. That of course tanks my points, if I get hit all the time, but I can't seem to get good enough to avoid that, I don't really understand how to get better, and the game sure as hell doesn't encourage it because it's only score, score, score. I tried S-ranking a really short mission and I get hit once on average which seems to be too much, but with getting hit once on each of two attempts, one gave me like 7k points and one gave me 12k points and I have no idea what I did differently. I cannot also read points numbers while everything is electricity and bullets and missiles!

tl;dr: the game has tons of different systems going on which I have a hard time to understand, an even harder to individually master, it seems impossible to utilize everything to its full potential, but it also seems absolutely superfluous to do so because there are two options:
- play through like a hippo on sedatives, get poo poo score but still succeed with no real problem
- play absolutely perfectly and this is the only way to get high rank, cool upgrades and poo poo...which don't matter because you're already playing well

It's incredibly binary and very demotivating. The Zero games gave you boss powers at an A-rank which was possible with a little practice, and S-ranks were basically meaningless, but I still got good enough at the game to get them because it's easy to understand the Zero games, just hard to master them. I do not understand Gunvolt at all.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Every one of these is gold, it's like they did it on purpose

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Ryoshi posted:

The thing dragging down Indigo Prophecy for me is that it is a loving nightmare to get working with a modern game pad OR to play with kb+m so even though this thread has made me want to go through it again and try to beat it I can't.

...Also there's one action sequence on the PC that is glitched so you always lose a dot, it's like when you climb on a helicopter after escaping your apartment or something I think.

I remember when I was playing Indigo Prophecy on the PC all of the QTE prompts were still for an Xbox controller. Made things difficult.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

The mini game where you have to get the claustrophobic cop through the archives is awkward as poo poo on a keyboard. Years later and that sticks out in my mind for some reason.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Between Gunvolt and Mighty No. 9 I'm pretty sure that Inafune or somebody is really into the perfect memorization-execution obstacle course thing, which makes me sad. Sure, Zero scored you, but the core of Zero is this smooth, fluid platforming that makes leaping and dashing and doing anime running slashes through 100 robots really satisfying in a way that the new games' "see enemy, do precision jump-shoot-tag-execute sequence" doesn't do for me. The weirdest thing is GV has the Zero engine but its execute isn't based on dashing like Mighty No. 9, so it somehow feels like it has less momentum. If you're not playing Mighty No. 9 for score it's merely kind of an eh Mega Man game with powerups whereas GV stutters because you can't just shoot, you have to use the volt thing to kill anything.

ZX and ZXA to me felt like this perfect balance of really well-executed zipping around with a laser katana, and powers you could gently caress around with and stages you could gently caress around in.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

Simply Simon posted:

I picked up Azure Striker Gunvolt herp derp

I remember playing the demo for this on a friend's 3ds and it just seemed like a lovely third-party anime megaman clone. All I really remember is doing zero damage to the boss and then after activating my ability the boss pretty much fell down.

Simply Simon posted:

And then you have a crafting system.

nominating crafting as my thing dragging down every game ever because for some reason it's in every game ever despite being a lovely slog at best

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

RagnarokAngel posted:

The mini game where you have to get the claustrophobic cop through the archives is awkward as poo poo on a keyboard. Years later and that sticks out in my mind for some reason.

If you fail it once and Carla has a panic attack you get the option to switch to Tyler and you can do the section as him without the claustrophobia minigame.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

Caphi posted:

Between Gunvolt and Mighty No. 9 I'm pretty sure that Inafune or somebody is really into the perfect memorization-execution obstacle course thing, which makes me sad. Sure, Zero scored you, but the core of Zero is this smooth, fluid platforming that makes leaping and dashing and doing anime running slashes through 100 robots really satisfying in a way that the new games' "see enemy, do precision jump-shoot-tag-execute sequence" doesn't do for me. The weirdest thing is GV has the Zero engine but its execute isn't based on dashing like Mighty No. 9, so it somehow feels like it has less momentum. If you're not playing Mighty No. 9 for score it's merely kind of an eh Mega Man game with powerups whereas GV stutters because you can't just shoot, you have to use the volt thing to kill anything.

ZX and ZXA to me felt like this perfect balance of really well-executed zipping around with a laser katana, and powers you could gently caress around with and stages you could gently caress around in.
Just got linked this:

ImpAtom posted:

Inti Creates put full S-rank runthroughs on their youtube channel which is probably the best way to understand how to play the game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Jcb2AAdMl0
That's a really weird way to play an action game "perfectly".

ArtIsResistance posted:

I remember playing the demo for this on a friend's 3ds and it just seemed like a lovely third-party anime megaman clone. All I really remember is doing zero damage to the boss and then after activating my ability the boss pretty much fell down.
Your gun does no damage, the energy sphere does constant DPS and you want it on at all times (good luck dodging projectiles through the visual clutter), and as the video above shows the special abilities apparently are meant to be abused to kill bosses pretty much instantly. Good...to know? I never used Elves in Zero because they felt cheap and also lowered score, it seems the opposite here.

quote:

nominating crafting as my thing dragging down every game ever because for some reason it's in every game ever despite being a lovely slog at best
It's like Zero 4's system where you have recipes telling you "collect this and this to get that cool thing", but while in Zero 4 you have to grind specific enemies for drops, now you just apparently have to replay entire stages over and over again to get post-stage rewards. I might be wrong, though.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Ryoshi posted:

is the HD version janky as well?

chip cheezum streamed it and put the sessions up on youtube. voidburger's blind reactions to the cop fight are gold.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

ArtIsResistance posted:

MMO crafting can be 100x worse.

Final fantasy 11 has two separate crafting systems, regular synthesis and then synergy. Synthesis is straight forward, put items in, roll dice based on your crafting skill and succeed, high quality success, or fail and lose some or all the materials. The system also leads into tiers. An item that is 100 skill to do with a player that has 100 skill is tier 0, which has about a 1-2% chance at hq. A 90 skill synth with a 100 skill player is tier 1, about a 10% hq rate.

There is an endgame system that has been around since the beginning using items called abjurations. Rare endgame boss drops materials and abjurations. The materials are used to make cursed gear, which you can't use until you uncurse via trading it and the apropriate abjuration to an npc. The cursed gear is made from rare crap and is usually a t0 craft. You get lucky and it gives you a high quality version.

Since we are talking about a mmo that has been around for 14 years, power creep is inevitable. The last expansion introduced i-level 119 and basically obsoleted all old content, leaving it behind useless for awhile, the abjuration system was finally dead. Last year they patched in a new event reusing content, reintroducing a bolted on abjuration system. Instead of simply using new materials to make the cursed gear (now hexed/jinxed stuff ) the synth now requires you to make the old cursed piece, hq it still at a tier 0 or 1 synth, then take that hq piece and synth it again with more materials at a tier 0 or 1 synth. Basically rolling 1 in 100 twice. Some of these items are so extremely rare and desired that they are worth hundreds of millions in gil. Highest price i saw was 450m for a body.
I own 9 pieces of the cheaper set because I'm a masochist.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
All I remember about FFXI, aside from the impossibility of doing anything past level 11 by yourself, was that the starting town had about four quests. It was the first MMO I ever played (got a free month) so when I played another one, I think Everquest 2, I was blown away by how many quests there were to do.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Morpheus posted:

All I remember about FFXI, aside from the impossibility of doing anything past level 11 by yourself, was that the starting town had about four quests. It was the first MMO I ever played (got a free month) so when I played another one, I think Everquest 2, I was blown away by how many quests there were to do.

While older FFXI was a bit sparser on quests, A lot of them were hidden behind the Fame system. Each City and Town in ffxi had a fame value tied to it. Some of them were connected, but it largely required grinding out repeatable quests at least early on. They have since then introduced two similar quest systems as well. Trials of the Magians and Records of Eminence.

Trial of the Magians was introduced as a way to customize specific set pieces of gear. Say you wanted a really kick rear end staff for Thunder damage. You'd have to start at the beginning with "kill 10 hairy rats" then it'd move on to progressively themed poo poo like "kill 50 hairy bats with thunder damage" and "kill 50 hairy cats in thunder weather". As you did the grind up, your weapon would get progressively better. This was also tied into increasing level cap on the relic, mythic and empyrean weapons, which i'll get to below.

Records of Eminence is straight up a checklist of 'do this'. Kill 10 hairy rats in sarutabaruta, kill 10 hairy cats in ronfaure, kill 10 hairy bats in gustaberg. There's a list of regular monsters and NM world spawns you can do, it also covers all sorts of old content. There's something like 500 'quests' in records of eminence. Some of it is a simple tutorial, most of it is a kill x, y, z for zones, and there's other things like leveling a job to 50, 55, 60, and clearing missions and events.

RELIC MYTHIC and EMPYREAN weapons....oh and AEONIC too.

Here's the quest line for relic weapons (i'll do staves, since i did one, and am planning all 4)
Farm up the base level 75 "Relic Staff" Weapon from a specific dynamis event zone.
5 L. Jade Shells ( 1 L. Jadeshell is worth 100 T. whiteshells) a currency from dynamis, normal mobs drop ~1-2 whiteshells each.
16 100 Byne Bills (1 "100 byne bill" again worth 1 "100 byne bill")

62 M. Silver Pieces (1 "m. silver" worth 100 "bronzepiece")
Attestation of Virtue: an item that dropped off Dagourmarche, a boss hidden in the second to last zone, Dynamis Beaucedine.

Final Level 75 tier (originally the 'full' weapon, but upgraded thru new content)
1 R. Stripeshell (1 stripeshell is worth 100 L. Jadeshells)
Celestial Fragment & Necropsyche. the Fragment is from Animated Staff, a boss out of the normal path in Dynamis Xarcabard, the 'final' zone of dynamis. Necropsyche was farmed from hard enemies in that zone as well.

This gave you the base weapon. Back then it was an ordeal because players were level 75 and players couldn't solo any of the content, it required an alliance (18) or more players. The dynamis event also had a 3 day lockout for all who participated.

level 75 to 99: Trial of the Magians

Trial 1069: Aquans - Gates of Tartarus x200
Trial 1070: Lizards - Gates of Tartarus killing blow x200
Trial 1870: Undead - Gates of Tartarus killing blow x300
Trial 1871: Beasts - Gates of Tartarus killing blow x300
Trial 2275: Plantoids - Gates of Tartarus killing blow x400
Trial 2686: Dagourmarche x5
Trial 3119: Animated Staff x10
Trial 3582: Umbral Marrow x5

There's the checklist. First five are a creature type, You had to use the special weapon skill "gates of tartarus" on them x number of times
Dagourmarche is the same one from earlier, you just need to farm him. this is around level 80, so most people would farm this after they capped at 99.
Animated staff is again the same from earlier

Umbral Marrows are from a beefed up version of the end boss of dynamis, Arch Dynamis Lord. at level 99, it required a group fo at least 6 to do, most groups farmed him with 18.

~~Optional Aspergers Quest~~
Trial 3632: Umbral Marrow x250
Totally optional to do, It was just a tremendous effort of farming Arch Dynamis Lord for months on end. All it really gave you was a glowy Aura to your character when the weapon was equipped.

Finishing these would put the weapon at level 99, or 99+afterglow.

Oboro Upgrade!
Added after the level cap was pushed to i-level 119 (based off gear level, instead of player level)
300 Plutons
10000 Plutons

Plutons are farmed from a number of newer, recent events. In a really good group targeting just these rocks i could farm about 300 of each in an hour x6 people. The final 10k stage was added recently due to power creep in 119 gear, there were weapons in the game that were not REM tier, but were found to be better, so players bitched.

I'll write up empyreans, mythics and aeonic later if people want them.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Simply Simon posted:

I picked up Azure Striker Gunvolt

You too, huh? I wanted to like that game so bad since I loved the Zero and ZX games but it just. Doesn't. I don't understand most of it either and just ran through the game using only the basic weapon. None of the harder challenges are any fun either, like the first stage wants you to dash through a bunch of stupid timed doors perfectly and it's all just frustrating as hell instead of being fun and rad like the prior Zero and ZX games. Worst of all though is that none of Gunvolt was memorable. One thing that always stood out about the Zero/ZX games is that a lot of the bosses and characters were interesting whether it was their difficulty or design or whatever that made them stand out. Hell, I still remember the last boss of the first ZX game and he wasn't even anything special. But no one in ZX stood out, I can't remember a single character's name other than Gunvolt because he's in the title. It's just really disappointing on every level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Borderlands 2: Barrels. There are too many loving barrels, all over every map. Like you stop even noticing the barrels, because they're everywhere, and then you happen to be standing near one and it kills you because you just wiped out all the other enemies in the area. Barrels.