Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Guys, Joementum broke The Rules. And we all know that The Rules are the most important things in the world. If you don't follow The Rules, you're literally worse than Gay Hitler... you're Joementum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Assuming Obama does a bunch of last minute pardons, what do you think the odds are for pardons of Manning, Snowden, Kiriakou, etc.?

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Assuming Obama does a bunch of last minute pardons, what do you think the odds are for pardons of Manning, Snowden, Kiriakou, etc.?

0 chance for Snowden because he still hasn't come back to the country or gotten convicted.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Probate Joe? Hell no! We won't go!

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
We should convert YCS into a Gulag, so when we get racists post threads that are just screaming "ban me" we can move them permanently there.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

GreyjoyBastard posted:

This is how I got it. :v:

Mine appeared immediately when I posted about it. I'd posted in a non--D&D thread and had my old AV, then posted in USPol and *BAM*, Yoda'd when the page refreshed.

theflyingorc posted:

There is literally no reason to be sure of that

The CIA has full discretion on what they share with candidates and there's no drat way the CIA believes it can trust him with vital information. I'd be shocked if it wasn't SOP to start a candidate with lower-importance info and build things up as the election moves on and as soon as they have reason to believe someone's not going to win the info stops.

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Obama's gone after whistleblowers pretty hard so I wouldn't count on it.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

FREE JOEMENTUM

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

fishmech posted:

0 chance for Snowden because he still hasn't come back to the country or gotten convicted.

I agree that the chance is 0, but I think a pardon can be granted before a trial - acceptance of the pardon just indicated acceptance of guilt. See, United States vs Burdick.

I could be very wrong here though, I've only done surface reading of this.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Do you think Obama would pardon Joementum? I'll put in a whitehouse.gov petition.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Litany Unheard posted:

Do you think Obama would pardon Joementum? I'll put in a whitehouse.gov petition.

It's not like he has anything else to do...dude's a lame duck.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Probate Joe? Hell no! We won't go!

What do we want? Joe!

When do we want him? Now!

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

GalacticAcid posted:

I agree that the chance is 0, but I think a pardon can be granted before a trial - acceptance of the pardon just indicated acceptance of guilt. See, United States vs Burdick.

Well yeah, Nixon got pardoned in that way by Ford. I'm just getting across my reasoning: Obama specifically doesn't seem inclined to grant him anything until he's at least back in the US.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

GalacticAcid posted:

That was Ford's justification for pardoning Nixon, so there's precedent, at least.

Free Joementum.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

smg77 posted:

Yes. From Alex Jones.
Hmmm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJqLAleEnKw

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
That's among the most bullshit probations I've ever seen. The friggin' election chat ban was clearly meant only to apply to Trump & the Dem. holy war. FREE JOEMENTUM.

Also, not off topic, Obama will never pardon Snowden. No US president will ever pardon Snowden, and it's unlikely Snowden will ever set foot in the US again unless a secret US strike team kidnaps him.

A Man With A Plan
Mar 29, 2010
Fallen Rib

Spatula City posted:

That's among the most bullshit probations I've ever seen. The friggin' election chat ban was clearly meant only to apply to Trump & the Dem. holy war. FREE JOEMENTUM.

Also, not off topic, Obama will never pardon Snowden. No US president will ever pardon Snowden, and it's unlikely Snowden will ever set foot in the US again unless a secret US strike team kidnaps him.

Even the last bit won't ever happen, because they know he doesn't have any more classified info to spill, and all it would achieve is give Russia/privacy advocates something to feel morally superior about.

kissekatt
Apr 20, 2005

I have tasted the fruit.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=55496

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Joementum akbar.

VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

Hallelujah!

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Victory!

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Are fixed bayonets normal for ceremonial stuff?

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret

Evil Fluffy posted:

The CIA has full discretion on what they share with candidates and there's no drat way the CIA believes it can trust him with vital information. I'd be shocked if it wasn't SOP to start a candidate with lower-importance info and build things up as the election moves on and as soon as they have reason to believe someone's not going to win the info stops.

I just like that his foreign policy expert literally works for Putin.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

withak posted:

No idea, but Nixon did have some odd ideas about these things. He briefly tried to have the Secret Service wear uniforms straight out of a costume drama.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

withak posted:

Yeah. Are they still used in combat anymore?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

withak posted:

Pretty much exclusively.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
One of the best debate moments from 2012.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GK3ORgw-h_4

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Joementum posted:

No idea, but Nixon did have some odd ideas about these things. He briefly tried to have the Secret Service wear uniforms straight out of a costume drama.

Maybe Pinochet gave him those as a gift.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Joementum posted:

One of the best debate moments from 2012.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GK3ORgw-h_4

The amount of condescension he layers into that response is amazing.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

While President Obama said "fewer" and not "none", there are fewer bayonets and horses rather than none. We rate this claim as "mostly true."

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Joementum posted:

but...aren't they supposed to kind of be you know...secret looking

Azathoth256
Mar 30, 2010

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

Hillary should be able to tag out to him during the 2016 debates.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

mandatory lesbian posted:

but...aren't they supposed to kind of be you know...secret looking

What's funny is that if you're at an event where there is a secret service presence there is absolutely no mistaking who the secret service agents are.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Joementum posted:

One of, not the best, but definitely one of, the most enjoyable bits of Nixonland is how often Perlstein writes "Nixon said X. He lied." Nixon was a really warped individual.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

smg77 posted:

What's funny is that if you're at an event where there is a secret service presence there is absolutely no mistaking who the secret service agents are.

My sister was working in Yellowstone when Obama made a visit there. Everyone could pick out Secret Service because they were dressed in bright and brand new hiking clothes.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

Stultus Maximus posted:

While President Obama said "fewer" and not "none", there are fewer bayonets and horses rather than none. We rate this claim as "mostly true."

I had a lovely relative post a "Well, actually...." about the bayonet line because we as a country apparently can't stop ordering bayonets.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/billykristol/status/737423444128583681

lol

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Please let it be Sarah Palin

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Fake account.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Azathoth256 posted:

Hillary should be able to tag out to him during the 2016 debates.

*Obama appears from behind podium"

"Proceed, Donald"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

haveblue posted:

It was really just an anim convention.

this stealth joke proves the have blue prototype works eh?

• Locked thread