Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Why would you pay specifically for more Oldbag? Is she a Japanese fan favourite or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

And More posted:

Why would you pay specifically for more Oldbag? Is she a Japanese fan favourite or something?

Yes.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Amppelix posted:

I don't even care if it is real, can we stop posting screenshots of the as of yet unreleased game without spoiler tags? Or do I just need to stop reading this thread for the next six months? I feel like anything that isn't in the latest trailer (probably the final one before release) I don't want to know before going in.

No offense, but it's all promotional material Capcom themselves is putting out without spoiler tags. You're meant to see it. Once the game's out in Japan, that's when you need to start avoiding things.

And More posted:

She was still a 2D sprite, so she was just there for the promotional skit.

If you want to see actual gameplay of the DLC, that can be seen here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8vJOGbg0NU

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

And More posted:

She's not going to be in the DLC. She just time traveled from HD trilogy to the DLC's trailer because she heard someone with a 'M' name was getting married in it, and thought that meant Miles/Mitsurugi was going to marry her.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQkGQpxvXqQ

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Gruckles posted:

She's not going to be in the DLC. She just time traveled from HD trilogy to the DLC's trailer because she heard someone with a 'M' name was getting married in it, and thought that meant Miles/Mitsurugi was going to marry her.

Well, that's a relief. I don't think I could handle any more of her. :ohdear:

Suspicious Cook posted:

If you want to see actual gameplay of the DLC, that can be seen here:

Larry's looking good, though.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

And More posted:

Well, that's a relief. I don't think I could handle any more of her. :ohdear:

Larry's looking good, though.

I'm not going to lie I really like this animation.

RICHUNCLEPENNYBAGS
Dec 21, 2010

And More posted:

In the GCCX interview with Takumi he says Oldbag is his favorite character.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Oldbag is another one of those characters who was murdered and replaced by a more annoying version in the transition from AA1 (The others are Larry and Gumshoe. Original Gumshoe came back in AAI2 though).

E: This does mean that I think she's great in AA1. Her bit is funny, the characters' exasperation at her is very satisfying, and she does not exist solely for the annoyance of others.

Amppelix fucked around with this message at 05:51 on May 28, 2016

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
When she says she's going to tackle everyone who tries to walk into the studio it's one of the funniest things in AA1. She never gets anything like that again in future games.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Oldbag is one of those characters who went from being a character with quirks to a Quirky Character.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

My favorite part of 2-3 is that a court of law's reaction to a 31 year old man admitting to wanting to marry a 15 year old isn't "Holy poo poo this man is a pedophile" but "Oh that silly puppet who is obviously a sentient being with a will of its own." And even the Judge is like "Well, I guess even someone as old as me could marry a 15 year old," which is probably one of the worst things a judge could say.

This is my first time touching the game in like a month, the circus is that bad.

Edit: And I don't think the implications of this love triangle are intentional. I think it's just an unfortunate side effect of the combination of the "dummy that acts like its own character" goof and the presence of a love triangle, compounded with this game + 1 case being written in the span of a month and Takumi maybe not having a lot of time to go over the script.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 19:40 on May 28, 2016

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
After recently replaying 2-3, I think it's one of those things things that's supposed to be silly and charming, since you know they're in a circus, and isn't creepy until you think about it.

But since 2-3 is terrible, this doesn't work.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah, it actually took me about 5 or 6 years to fully grasp the weird implications with the love triangle. It's just something you can't unsee after discovering it.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Do you like Ace Attorney? Do you like idols? How about books? You're in luck with Turnabout Idol coming June 15!

Written by Mie Takase, the novel has Phoenix coming to the defense of the idol Sumomo Momogaya after she's arrested for an incident in a shopping mall.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I hope it's moe as gently caress

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I hope the idol sings during the trial to cheer up Apollo, Athena, and/or Phoenix.

Then the song ends up being decisive evidence.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I imagine that instead of a murder, the horrible incident that she is accused of is the Idol sin of having a boyfriend.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
the murderer is her manager

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Electric Phantasm posted:

I hope the idol sings during the trial to cheer up Apollo, Athena, and/or Phoenix.

Then the song ends up being decisive evidence.

Let's listen to the song again.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 40 hours!

Ometeotl posted:

I imagine that instead of a murder, the horrible incident that she is accused of is the Idol sin of having a boyfriend.

With that she'd have murdered every single one of her fans.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Waffleman_ posted:

Written by Mie Takase, the novel has Phoenix coming to the defense of the idol Sumomo Momogaya after she's arrested for an incident in a shopping mall.

:objection: she didn't have motive

the victim ejaculated into his palm before the meet-and-greet and kept it there until they shook hands

:objection: w, well... we're changing our plea to self defense

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Blackquill gets his time on the defenses' bench:

https://court-records-net.tumblr.com/post/145164557493/ace-attorney-spirit-of-justice-apollo-v posted:

While the majority of the info is too small to make out, the highlights refer to ‘start of the heated discussion of Apollo vs Phoenix’, 'A battle about ownership of evidence’, 'a tag-team of Apollo and Athena’ and 'Prosecutor Blackquill as the defense’s assistant’.

Too bad it probably won't be as funny as Miles in 3-5.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Blackquill owns, glad to see more of him.

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

"Start of the heated discussion"? 舌戦開幕 is a super-dramatic sounding phrase which I would translate as something like "The curtain opens on a battle of words (between Phoenix and Apollo)"

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Blackquill was not who I'd expect to ever join the defence's bench. But he's cool so i'm fine with it. Also, now Athena needs to be playable even more because he would work best as her assistant rather than to the other two.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

More importantly, what about Taka

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Don't you worry about Taka.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
where's kay?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Wasn't this basically confirmed by the latest Japanese trailer?

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

I guess Edgeworth finally called in that favor.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Gruckles posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQkGQpxvXqQ

Watching this again, is a returning character actually getting married in the DLC case or was that Larry being dumb?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

There is a character in the DLC that is wearing a bridal gown. I think Larry is honest to God getting married.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Waffleman_ posted:

There is a character in the DLC that is wearing a bridal gown. I think Larry is honest to God getting married.

I was about to say the video shows the groom and Larry being restrained by security, but then I started thinking why would Larry crash a wedding and now all I can think about is the feeling of your fiancee leaving you on your wedding day for someone like Larry.

Also found out two other people besides Edgeworth and Larry that fit the characteristics: Franziska (Mei) and Maggey (Mako).

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

jeez i forgot how bad the hd sprites looked

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

News posted:

Who really knows what happened the night that Martin Duram was shot and killed in his Michigan home last spring? Perhaps, his pet parrot witnessed the killing and heard Mr Duram’s desperate plea to the killer.

In a story that will be seized on by lovers of television detective shows, Mr Duram’s parents are seeking to persuade police to make use of a video of their son’s pet parrot in which the rough-mouth African grey says: “Don’t f***king shoot”.

Turnabout Goodbyes?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Still the most insane thing to happen in the franchise of you ask me. Especially Von Karma anticipating that it would happen

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Actual crop from the anime

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Amppelix posted:

Actual crop from the anime

So they're really just upscaling the actual game now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Crap is spelled with an a

• Locked thread