Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013
Hooking someone that knows what they're doing from 15m is ineffective because the stun duration doesn't match the pull animation; several heroes will have escape capabilities they can pull off to prevent being comboed, such as Lucio's knockback, or you can just play McCree and flashbang/fan the hammer and kill Roadhog before he kills you.

Roadhog is extremely powerful at deleting people off the map for being out of position and that is absolutely okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

Nehru the Damaja posted:

"With a cooldown of 6 seconds and a 100% chance to kill almost every hero in the game even with zero follow-up from your teammates Roadhog's hook is the epitome is low risk, low skill - high reward. Especially given that a skilled Roadhog can already one-shot any 200 hp hero from about 15m with a properly aimed right-click.

I've seen people give the hook a pass because it has to be aimed, but I really don't see the difficulty level of aiming the hook matching up even remotely close to the outcome; especially since it's faster than plenty of projectiles in the game."

Yes, Blizz. Nerf Roadhog of all people.

You know that guy plays either McCree or Genji

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

a cat on an apple posted:

Hooking someone that knows what they're doing from 15m is ineffective because the stun duration doesn't match the pull animation; several heroes will have escape capabilities they can pull off to prevent being comboed, such as Lucio's knockback, or you can just play McCree and flashbang/fan the hammer and kill Roadhog before he kills you.

Roadhog is extremely powerful at deleting people off the map for being out of position and that is absolutely okay.

Quotation marks indicate a quote.

abigserve posted:

You know that guy plays either McCree or Genji

Let's be real. It's another Hanzo.

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013
also Roadhog is literally a feeding trough for the enemy Ults and denies Mercy Ult by having his own huge self-healing so it kind of balances out when the enemy Hanzo can just stay 40m back and fire a billion arrows into his fat gut and have dragondogs within 20 seconds of starting a match

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Quotation marks indicate a quote.

I'm aware I just like typing words

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEXWN_4y7WI
Did this get posted? tl;dw: Hanzo has insane hitboxes for headshots, including Torbjörn's extending 1' over his head, and Widowmaker and Tracer having head hitboxes wider than their shoulders.

e: missed an 'l'

Elysiume fucked around with this message at 01:14 on May 31, 2016

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

a cat on an apple posted:

The game basically refuses to disconnect you.

I've had extended points of playing with 800 ping because I felt like watching a stream on the other monitor even though my Internet can't handle two things at the same time, and while I couldn't actually move for all the rubber-banding, the game sure let me stay connected.

Don't do this, you're making it 5v6 essentially.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
It's pretty frustrating playing a flanker, and getting Gold medals in objective time, objective kills, and eliminations (8 seconds, 4 kills, 12 eliminations respectively) and losing. It's even more frustrating when it happens 6 times in a row.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
I had someone in a game type a small essay about how Roadhog was overpowered today. Buddy if you think Roadhog is OP I don't wanna see what happens when you come up against a decent Widowmaker.

He seems pretty balanced to me. The longer away he hooks you from the more chance you have to get out of it. He has a lot of HP but goes down fast under concentrated fire and he feeds a lot of ult charge. His ult and hook can be interrupted by pretty much every stun. Zarya counters him pretty well also.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I also tried that rat guy and was real bad at him. Basically anything that's not healing or tanking I'm just terrible.

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 01:16 on May 31, 2016

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Elysiume posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEXWN_4y7WI
Did this get posted? t;dw: Hanzo has insane hitboxes for headshots, including Torbjörn's extending 1' over his head, and Widowmaker and Tracer having head hitboxes wider than their shoulders.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhZHwrRyUZY

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

26 loot boxes in and I got the actual legendary skin I wanted for Lucio (Hippityhop) without having to pay for it :allears:

Thanks Blizzard!

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Cicadalek posted:

I had someone in a game type a small essay about how Roadhog was overpowered today. Buddy if you think Roadhog is OP I don't wanna see what happens when you come up against a decent Widowmaker.

He seems pretty balanced to me. The longer away he hooks you from the more chance you have to get out of it. He has a lot of HP but goes down fast under concentrated fire and he feeds a lot of ult charge. His ult and hook can be interrupted by pretty much every stun. Zarya counters him pretty well also.

If the goal is to make everyone viable in a competitive context, Roadhog would need a buff, even. That said, I'm fine with where he is, as a merciless punisher of rookie mistakes who isn't very practical against a coordinated team.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfWxshvTo60

If only I could understand the text

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Had a 43% of team damage card last night as Roadhog. Team please

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

teagone posted:

26 loot boxes in and I got the actual legendary skin I wanted for Lucio (Hippityhop) without having to pay for it :allears:

Thanks Blizzard!

The real difficulty starts when you have 1000 credits. Do I buy that skin, knowing that for certain it will drop from the next box if I do but it? Oh god

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

I'd treat it like Hearthstone: wait until I open something really rare, then craft something else entirely.

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

Having never actually played either, Roadhog seems like a worse but tougher McCree: Slow dude with an instant kill combo on a cooldown. I guess McCree is a lot harder to spot so he can get his combo off more often, and his gun is more threatening than Roadhog's outside of the combo (but most of his kills still seem to be from flash + fan).

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
I have a dumb question. In CSGO, you burst-fire or spray. I've played that game for 10 years, so I have that down pat.

I know for projectile weapons - you predict where they go. For hitscan characters, do you just hold down M1? Do you burst-tap? Do you tap?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
hey all, I'm starting the first SA inhouse match(es) in about 20 minutes. if you're interested stop by the other thread and consider joining the steam group. I'll be organizing stuff in the SA Overwatch "lfg" channel for now but hopefully will have something a bit more elegant in the future. If anyone is interested in streaming please tell me and I'll secure you a Spectator slot, I might do so myself if no one else is interested.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3778249

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/goonOW

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Audax posted:

I have a dumb question. In CSGO, you burst-fire or spray. I've played that game for 10 years, so I have that down pat.

I know for projectile weapons - you predict where they go. For hitscan characters, do you just hold down M1? Do you burst-tap? Do you tap?

Burst fire is 100% accurate for a lot of hitscan characters for the first X shots. Tracer is the first 2, Soldier is the first 4. Unfortunately I don't know the rest like Bastion's rifle.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Millennial Sexlord posted:

It's pretty frustrating playing a flanker, and getting Gold medals in objective time, objective kills, and eliminations (8 seconds, 4 kills, 12 eliminations respectively) and losing. It's even more frustrating when it happens 6 times in a row.

If this were me, i'd stop playing a flanker and transition to the dude i think will help win me the match, not get me the highest score.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Bust Rodd posted:

If this were me, i'd stop playing a flanker and transition to the dude i think will help win me the match, not get me the highest score.

I'm not after the highest score, and often times the flanker IS who I feel will help us. Usually I have to add dps because our team is a Mercy who doesn't know they have a gun, 2 Reins who dont swing the hammer, and 2 snipers. If I do switch to something else, we stop killing people and fall even further behind.

My point was not "hurf durf I'm so good", it was the fact that I have pitifully low objective numbers and am STILL gold, so wtf are the others doing?

Sandwich Anarchist fucked around with this message at 01:49 on May 31, 2016

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Cicadalek posted:

I had someone complain about Roadhog as well. It was a Bastion player, so I can only assume he kept hooking him out of turret mode.

Papercut posted:

The real difficulty starts when you have 1000 credits. Do I buy that skin, knowing that for certain it will drop from the next box if I do but it? Oh god

You'd get 500 credits back so its not that big of a deal. The odds of getting the legendary skin you actually want through RNG are fantastically low so just buy it.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Verranicus posted:

Don't do this, you're making it 5v6 essentially.

I beg to differ. :colbert:

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
yeah, i dig, Im not busting your balls. My games since launch are basically I go Genji if we're on attack, or Widow/Tor on defense depending on map, and then in a lot of games people start trying to out fox my sneaky dudes because im racking up the kills, but by then its usually objective crunch time, and I swap into Winston to just keep my team where they need to be.

I want to learn another Area Denial hero, and even I kinda don't like Junkrat's design, he seems like my next dude to learn.

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.
I really gotta stop hooking the reaper into my face as roadhog. It almost always ends with me dead and hanging my head in shame.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

At some point today I closed my eyes and saw the ult meter burned at the bottom of my vision. I think I've played enough Overwatch for now.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
The only thing I don't like about Junkrat is the weird and gross face he makes in his "I got hit in the balls" highlight, especially with the jester facepaint.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

есть

нету

Grammaton
Feb 3, 2004
Cleric

He's saying hey this side is a loving window with a loving door and this side is NOPE just a loving wall what the gently caress?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
So is there an easy guide to stuff that won't be blocked by Reinhardt's shield?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Internet Kraken posted:

So is there an easy guide to stuff that won't be blocked by Reinhardt's shield?

Symmetra's RMB (the orb), Winston's Tesla Cannon, Mei's LMB (I think? someone fact check on this one for me), Hanzo's ultimate, and any kind of melee attack (including Dragonblade).

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Goodness, Junkrat is a lot of fun if you give him a shot. You can just fly round the place raining explosions down on everyone and I assumed he was just slow and boring until I tried him out. Climbing up a wall with the riptire and then leaping off a roof on to somebody's head with it also never gets old.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

McDragon posted:

Goodness, Junkrat is a lot of fun if you give him a shot. You can just fly round the place raining explosions down on everyone and I assumed he was just slow and boring until I tried him out. Climbing up a wall with the riptire and then leaping off a roof on to somebody's head with it also never gets old.

Does anyone know if his grenades explode on direct hits with enemies? I can't tell in the bot practice mode, all damage in there seems like it registers a second late.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Booyah- posted:

Does anyone know if his grenades explode on direct hits with enemies? I can't tell in the bot practice mode, all damage in there seems like it registers a second late.

it does, for 120 damage

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

Booyah- posted:

Yes, they explode on impact with players/shields/turrets

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Lady Naga posted:

The only thing I don't like about Junkrat is the weird and gross face he makes in his "I got hit in the balls" highlight, especially with the jester facepaint.

I bought the flying highlight because I love how happy he looks and the gold tooth is a nice touch

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Booyah- posted:

They explode on direct impact even if they have hit a wall already, unlike demoman gernades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Vermain posted:

Symmetra's RMB (the orb), Winston's Tesla Cannon, Mei's LMB (I think? someone fact check on this one for me), Hanzo's ultimate, and any kind of melee attack (including Dragonblade).

I'm like 60% sure shield blocks Mei's lmb

Booyah- posted:

3 bounces or touching an enemy, whichever comes first