Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
mustached beast man and shuttershades washington are popular as hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
If you want to massively bring down the tone/ruin the mood, imagine the band playing mad about me.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Renaissance Robot posted:

If you want to massively bring down the tone/ruin the mood, imagine the band playing mad about me.

Not really, I already imagined the band playing some jizz

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

I see Admiral Splinter is there with his monocle. Wonder if he brought his Vice-Admirals Leonardo, Donatello, Michelangelo and Raffael.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I'm the bug face guy quad-wielding wine glasses.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
Those five columns in the background? I'm second from left.

Renaissance Robot posted:

I was thinking more

voting third party
Sep 5, 2006
~
I'm the bald ordinary guy in the upper left, looking like he doesn't really want to be here with all these weirdos.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

paragon1 posted:

I'm the bored looking blue furry giant guy.

Kelsey Grammer sure gets around.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I'm the guy with an Illuminati pyramid for a head to the right of the stage.

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014
Shifty-rear end brown fat lady in bottom right, rubbing her hands deviously at some eyeless birdmen

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost
I'm the face on the harp

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Also in this scene, Mottom continues to be pretty great.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Fish Noise posted:

Those five columns in the background? I'm second from left.

I was thinking more

nah

edit: I think this is roughly av-sized.

e: it is not

Grand Prize Winner fucked around with this message at 16:54 on May 29, 2016

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Update.

So, it looks like I was right about Mottom making them children for the sake of visiting her husband, but only half-right on the reasons why. And now I'm very curious as to what state she has him in. I bet it isn't pleasant.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

Roland Jones posted:

Update.

So, it looks like I was right about Mottom making them children for the sake of visiting her husband, but only half-right on the reasons why. And now I'm very curious as to what state she has him in. I bet it isn't pleasant.

Whatever it is, it was definitely something with plenty of pun potential. So I'm thinking something watery, or a bird.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I think he might be dead, actually, not that this would necessarily make it impossible for them to visit him. Anyways, sounds like he was a real scumbag.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
:smith:

SexyBlindfold posted:

Whatever it is, it was definitely something with plenty of pun potential. So I'm thinking something watery, or a bird.

some kind of boar maybe

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mr. Lobe posted:

I think he might be dead, actually, not that this would necessarily make it impossible for them to visit him. Anyways, sounds like he was a real scumbag.

I'm betting he wasn't dead, but yeah, he was a monster based on what we're hearing in this chapter. (Check out that alt-text.)

It does however, as I said, explain why she had them become young before leaving. The whole "we're going to see my husband, but first we have to do this," where "this" turned out to be "become children" made the situation with her husband sound skeevy as hell, hence my post back when that happened. And it turns out he is, or rather, was, but it sounds like she dealt with him at some point and is keeping him around for reasons other than companionship. So, her becoming young is probably to mock and/or torment him, adopting the form she had when he first took her.

Anyway, I'm betting on him still being alive, but transformed into something, or imprisoned in some excruciating fashion but kept alive by Mottom's magic, as her revenge and such. Though, even if he's dead, she's taking Allison to him to make a point to her, so I guess it doesn't matter on that front, but still. It should be interesting, whatever it turns out to be.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
He has previously been described as "the late god-king." I guess people might just ASSUME he's dead, but I really don't understand where the supposed mystery ever came from?

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
I guess some people have never heard "visiting family" as a euphemism for going and standing in front of their grave for a bit? He's dead Jim.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Pretty much. There's only seven living demiurges remaining.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Mind you, Mottom does describe herself as his prisoner in the present tense, so either there's the multiverse's most spectacular case of Stockholm syndrome going on, or he still wields some meaningful power.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Darth Walrus posted:

Mind you, Mottom does describe herself as his prisoner in the present tense, so either there's the multiverse's most spectacular case of Stockholm syndrome going on, or he still wields some meaningful power.

I think your misunderstanding the situation. Mottom isn't a prisoner to Hastet specifically, but to society in general.

Note how she points out Alison's dyed hair. People like Hastet will continue to exist regardless of if Hastet himself does.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Darth Walrus posted:

It's called patriarchy.

Also drat this is a really nice twist on the usual "we're not so different" speech. Normally it's some bullshit about hidden potential and ambition where the villain of the scene is projecting hardcore and totally misreading the hero's motives, but this is just genuine "hey, isn't it hosed up how even though I rule one seventh of creation I'm still bound by everybody's expectations? Here's an example I know you can relate to *anecdote about sleazy partner having a thing for blondes*"

Renaissance Robot fucked around with this message at 16:30 on May 30, 2016

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Darth Walrus posted:

I'm pretty Hastet's either dead or in horrible never-ending agony, but she's probably talking about how said multiversal despot made her into an even worse multiversal despot and how she's now too jaded and bitter to stop being one even though she's very aware about what she really is.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Hastet's been on his agonizing deathbed for countless years, kept alive by a little nibble of the youth-fruit every evening.

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
This is pretty much the exact story that billionaires tell themselves though; I am a just person, the nature of power is to consolidated by ruthless sociopaths, if I conceded this power it would inevitably fall into far worse hands.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

snucks posted:

This is pretty much the exact story that billionaires tell themselves though; I am a just person, the nature of power is to consolidated by ruthless sociopaths, if I conceded this power it would inevitably fall into far worse hands.

p sure nobody's been buying the 'poor helpless demigod' schtick, nor are they supposed to, at least at this point

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

p sure nobody's been buying the 'poor helpless demigod' schtick, nor are they supposed to, at least at this point

Well, Mottom might be, and she's the only one whose investment in that narrative actually matters.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I think her point is more along the lines of "I may rule a hundred thousand universes but I still need to keep up appearances".

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Either way she still probably deserves to get her rear end kicked for all that she's done.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Tenebrais posted:

I think her point is more along the lines of "I may rule a hundred thousand universes but I still need to keep up appearances".

someone in the page comments brought up that maybe the reason she looks like a hosed up ghoul when she's among equals isn't because she's got a crappy immortality technique that makes her fall apart every few hours, but because that's what she chooses to be when she can, which yeah drat

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 21:37 on May 30, 2016

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

Tenebrais posted:

Yeah, it seems like she's trying to convince Allison (and may or may not actually herself believe)that the reason she is a rapacious empress is because it is inherently necessary. To play the leader of 111,111 worlds and balance to 6 other demiurges, you need to have a bit of an iron fist.

And to be honest, I'm not sure she's wrong.

Precambrian
Apr 30, 2008

I don't think it's necessary, I think her point is more nihilistic. She was plucked from her life by a demigod, eventually gained the power to overthrow that demigod, but realized that power wasn't enough to liberate her. She plunders her universe because nothing matters and she might as well live it up while waiting for her inevitable slaying at the hands of the successor. She's trying to teach her that, while the Seven probably deserve to die, killing them won't change anything.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I feel like there's an angle of both "the seven need to die" but also "the seven are seriously hosed up people so don't feel too good about that".

And this is why K6BD is so good.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

someone in the page comments brought up that maybe the reason she looks like a hosed up ghoul when she's among equals isn't because she's got a crappy immortality technique that makes her fall apart every few hours, but because that's what she chooses to be when she can, which yeah drat

aw :smith:
allison can you just hurry up and kill this intergalactic genocidal goku and move on to the next, she's making me feel bad

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
The way I see it, she killed (for some valued of "killed") good ole' Hastet and took his power, and after that was probably deeply into the whole "rule over all worlds with a fist of iron" thing for a long time. I mean, it's all she'd seen up until then, and she'd been subject to a kind of combination of abuse and high living standards that might gently caress a person up, so why should she care what happens to anyone else? But we're seeing her now, centuries later, and she's just gotten tired of all the excess. I mean, what, a single perfect rose plucked from the heart of a world-spanning forest with a sickle of silver at the stroke of midnight floating in a bowl of unicorn tears AGAIN? What the gently caress am I going to do with this thing? Just put it on the goddamned PILE. She's just going around in circles, doing what she's always done and what people expect of her, waiting for "his"* sword to be driven into her guts. She doesn't know anything else. For a long time, she was a prisoner of other people, but now the prison is inside her head.

Of course, if she'd really learned the lesson of folks like Aesma, she'd know that now that she has this universe-spanning power, all that is fundamentally necessary for her to leave that prison is to really want things to be different.

* I assumed this was Zoss when she said it. I still think that's the most likely candidate. But... maybe she's also thinking about Jagganoth.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Mottom = Mother Om. I just got that.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.

idonotlikepeas posted:

* I assumed this was Zoss when she said it. I still think that's the most likely candidate. But... maybe she's also thinking about Jagganoth.
I think she meant Allison - or at least, Kill Six Billion Demons, which everyone has been assuming will be male due to various poor assumptions, misunderstood prophecies, and just plan foolishness.

Also I wonder if Allison is meant to literally kill the demiurges. The story has already played with euphemism and double meanings in prophecy, so...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Well, yeah, Zoss's successor, wielding his blade (metaphorically).