Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

1997 posted:

Lol that shits ugly

The apple band is 100x more expensive but it also doesn't look like it came from a Dave and busters prize room

Wrong. It rules actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phthisis
Apr 16, 2007

"Maybe some dolphins have sex for pleasure."

Endless Mike posted:

Yeah, it's a Speidel expansion bracelet. There's lots on Amazon in various colors and styles including lovely gold or even duo-tone!. I put it on those adapters, but I need to remove some links which looks like it's a bit of a pain.

Excellent. Just placed an order for my own.

I'll probably have to figure out how to remove links as I have a fairly thin wrist, but maybe being loose will really add to the garbage look.

Unity Gain
Sep 15, 2007

dancing blue

Endless Mike posted:

There's lots on Amazon in various colors and styles including lovely gold or even duo-tone!

I always wanted a Rolux.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
Look what you did Endless Mike

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I brought some life to this god-forsaken thread.

I also got an Apple nylon band. It's really nice.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Has someone been dumb enough to buy a few Apple saddle brown iPhone cases and cut them apart and sew them together into a watch strap?

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I'm ready to buy the watch but at this point I'm not really sure if I should wait for some kind of upcoming product announcement for aWatch2? I'm fairly happy with my Pebble Time Steel in the sense that it tells time, tells me the weather, and shows me my text messages, but with the weather turning I want something that will track more fitness.

I know there's no real way to be sure, but are we expecting some kind of watch refresh at WWDC'16?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Martytoof posted:

I'm ready to buy the watch but at this point I'm not really sure if I should wait for some kind of upcoming product announcement for aWatch2? I'm fairly happy with my Pebble Time Steel in the sense that it tells time, tells me the weather, and shows me my text messages, but with the weather turning I want something that will track more fitness.

I know there's no real way to be sure, but are we expecting some kind of watch refresh at WWDC'16?

We are close enough that I'd wait it out. I'd imagine if they are going to release a watch 2 we'd see it around WWDC time.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

That's what I figured. I can hang onto my few hundred bucks for a few more months. Thanks!

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Does anyone cook/BBQ with their watch on, and if so do they notice any smoke damage/grease problems when wearing it?

Unity Gain
Sep 15, 2007

dancing blue

Looke posted:

Does anyone cook/BBQ with their watch on, and if so do they notice any smoke damage/grease problems when wearing it?

I cook with it, and yeah, every so often oil or grease or something spits up out of the pan and onto the watch band (leather, Hermes cuff) leaving a stain. Sometimes I get a drop or two of oil on it if I'm not careful mixing marinade. The watch itself is never worse for wear (stainless steel) but the band.. :( sometimes it takes days for the stains to disappear, but ultimately they do. Still, it's great having a timer on the wrist. Very very useful.

e: I never wear it as a dress watch, only casual, so I don't really care about a few stains.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Looke posted:

What

The Gillman
Jul 8, 2004
Beaten with a sack of sweet Valencia oranges
Grimey Drawer

Looke posted:

It's fine

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I only grubhub.com with my watch on.

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene
Guys has anyone taken a big drunken poo poo with their Apple Watch on? Did you get an feces on your wrist device?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Will the police be able to detect blood I washed off my milanese loop

e: asking for a friend

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

monkeu posted:

Guys has anyone taken a big drunken poo poo with their Apple Watch on? Did you get an feces on your wrist device?

I take mine off before I poop. You never know what could happen.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
I fulfill my 30 minutes of daily exercise when I poop in the morning.

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

IGNORE ME! I'M JUST AN OLD WET RAG
I hate it when it tells me to stand up while I'm pooping.

Unity Gain
Sep 15, 2007

dancing blue
Mine tells me I burn 100 calories every time I take a dump. Thanks watch!

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

beefnoodle posted:

I hate it when it tells me to stand up while I'm pooping.

Yeah, usually ends up in a giant mess. How does everyone else deal with this?

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Learn to not poop from :50-:00.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Wheezle posted:

Yeah, usually ends up in a giant mess. How does everyone else deal with this?
Who says you need to sit down in the first place?

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I'm still waiting for AW2 but I'm curious about cuff-style bands. Anyone wear one? I'm curious how well the sensor at the bottom works since most of the cuff bands seem to elevate the watch a mm or so.

Basically hoping I'll be able to get something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/V-MORO%AE-Lea...keywords=v-moro

with the AW2.

some kinda jackal fucked around with this message at 19:26 on May 29, 2016

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
It's called a bund strap

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I learn something new every day, thanks!

Unity Gain
Sep 15, 2007

dancing blue

Martytoof posted:

I'm still waiting for AW2 but I'm curious about cuff-style bands. Anyone wear one? I'm curious how well the sensor at the bottom works since most of the cuff bands seem to elevate the watch a mm or so.

Basically hoping I'll be able to get something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/V-MORO%AE-Lea...keywords=v-moro

with the AW2.

I have the Hermes cuff model, and the sensors work just fine, never had any issues. Same goes for charging stands; no problems at all. Can't speak for the exact model you linked, but the Hermes cuff itself is also thick, and also raises the watch by a few mm.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Unity Gain posted:

I have the Hermes cuff model, and the sensors work just fine, never had any issues. Same goes for charging stands; no problems at all. Can't speak for the exact model you linked, but the Hermes cuff itself is also thick, and also raises the watch by a few mm.

Hey I didn't even realize that Apple did a Hermès cuff -- that's exactly what I'm angling for. Thanks for the insight!

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Hey, my watch sometimes doesn't go off when I get a text message. I've fiddled with wrist detection, the message notifications and Bluetooth but maybe one out of every few messages sets my watch off.

It started a few hours ago, yet my watch RECEIVES messages fine, just no ding! sound. My iPhone is locked during all of them. Any idea...?

Unity Gain
Sep 15, 2007

dancing blue

teen witch posted:

Hey, my watch sometimes doesn't go off when I get a text message. I've fiddled with wrist detection, the message notifications and Bluetooth but maybe one out of every few messages sets my watch off.

It started a few hours ago, yet my watch RECEIVES messages fine, just no ding! sound. My iPhone is locked during all of them. Any idea...?

Hard reboot the watch. Whenever mine gets squirrelly that always fixes it.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Unity Gain posted:

Hard reboot the watch. Whenever mine gets squirrelly that always fixes it.

Or the phone. When that happens sometimes rebooting the phone fixes it too

Unity Gain
Sep 15, 2007

dancing blue
True. When in doubt it never hurts to reboot ALL the things.

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
My Sport finally picked up a scratch. Someone clipped the screen with a diamond ring.

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

of the moon, of the dream
Nice humblebrag fine jewelry haver

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Lazyhound posted:

My Sport finally picked up a scratch. Someone clipped the screen with a diamond ring.

Nice job you have in a diamond mine.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Hmm, was hoping (but not expecting) for some aW2 stuff at WWDC but no dice. Any ideas when the next chance might be? Rumours say that iPhone7 and aW2 might be simultaneous.

Oh well, I've waited this long, it can't be that much longer.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

If WatchOS 3 ends up being as good as I hope it is then I'll be way happier with getting the watch a while back instead of still be waiting for the 2nd gen. The only thing I could go for hardware wise is GPS so I can run without the phone but even that I is not essential. Since I can just run with my phone.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Yeah, I mean I might go with what's out now, but my Pebble Time Steel is still going and this is really more of a /want/ than a /need/, so I'll wait. I'm curious to see what they do with battery life, if anything.

My huge driver was that we were launching ApplePay in Canada and I wanted to use that rather than my phone, but now that we launched it the magic sort of wore down and I'm plenty happy waiting.

some kinda jackal fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Jun 16, 2016

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Martytoof posted:

Hmm, was hoping (but not expecting) for some aW2 stuff at WWDC but no dice. Any ideas when the next chance might be? Rumours say that iPhone7 and aW2 might be simultaneous.

Oh well, I've waited this long, it can't be that much longer.

Literally no one who has any idea can say on the record, so rumors are just that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Endless Mike posted:

Literally no one who has any idea can say on the record, so rumors are just that.

Well right, I wasn't asking for a definite date but rather a guess when the next event might be. They seem to hold events around the same time annually, and I know September is the next likely; I just wasn't sure if there was some timeframe that I was missing :)

• Locked thread