Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
He is gonna make so much fuckin money when he does that release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
Looks like in A14 that Prepare Carefully might be obsolete.
Depends how much you can actually customize in the scenario editor.

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av
Oh gently caress yes, workshop integration. I'd better step up my modding game. :circlefap:

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

quote:

Pawns explode on death

That is an amazing modifier.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Scenarios sound interesting, though I wonder how well the storytellers will adapt to creating engaging but not utterly crushing events for something like the one man rich explorer scenario, seeing as they base threat level on wealth level.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Flesh Forge posted:

He is gonna make so much fuckin money when he does that release.

i agree that he's gonna make a mint, but he seems oddly hesitant? maybe he's just tired of working on the game, but the steam page is insanely hedged in terms of how long the dev process will continue. pushing back the release from june because i guess a lot of games are being launched then makes sense, but it seems like he doesnt appreciate the value of what he's created. im excited to see what a14 holds (at least one brand new major system- reproduction would be the logical one imo) but taking the 6 month hiatus, dropping 1 update, and then going to steam early access is kinda chapping my rear end. we were getting pretty steady updates on alllmost a monthly basis for most of the development, and while a13 added a lot of stuff, it sure didn't seem like 6 months worth of work from multiple devs (excluding tynan). whatever tho, such a fun game! :) i cant wait to see the insane mods that come with workshop integration- people are gonna go ham.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*
He's already made a ton of money and people bitch at every update.

He's running the numbers to figure out the earliest point he can check out and still save a bit of face.

beerinator
Feb 21, 2003

Drink Cheerwine posted:

... at least one brand new major system- reproduction would be the logical one imo ...

How many games have you played that have gone long enough for a child to grow up? I'm going to snip all my colonist's tubes if this gets in the game.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

beerinator posted:

How many games have you played that have gone long enough for a child to grow up? I'm going to snip all my colonist's tubes if this gets in the game.

haha, fair, but i figured it would be accelerated growth of some variety (cloning vats? artificial wombs? meat golems? who knows). i might be hopelessly wrong, too!

Gibbo posted:

He's running the numbers to figure out the earliest point he can check out and still save a bit of face.

er.. what? i think the community has generally been pretty supportive, and save face? rimworld has been great for many alphas now. he could've done a steam launch before his hiatus, but i think he was rightfully persuaded it would be a bad idea. whether he's burned out or disenchanted with the game is a more open question, but i dont think he needs to "save face" at all. he could've called it quits like a year ago and rimworld would've still been a better effort than a lot of "finished" games, especially in this particular genre.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Gibbo hates the game and the creator, so he feels inclined to insult both at every turn, pay him no mind.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

Gibbo hates the game and the creator, so he feels inclined to insult both at every turn, pay him no mind.

This guy gets it!

Barring all that though, he is showing some signs of wanting it all to be over and done with, so I wouldn't expect years of support.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

I dunno why people would expect years of support anyway. The game was very solid a year ago and way more than I expected to get when I backed it on Kickstarter, a steam release and a goodbye is a good ending for the project and he seems like the type inclined to open the modding options even more post release so people can make whatever they want with it. Workshop integration supports that.

Demiurge4 fucked around with this message at 03:10 on May 28, 2016

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Are you not familiar with typical Steam early release games? For a tiny dev shop this is so drat far ahead of the average it's crazy :shrug:

He could do this next release and walk away from it and I'd still be happy, I've gotten more entertainment out of Rimworld than probably 98-99% of the other games I've tried.

beerinator
Feb 21, 2003
Maybe I'm nuts, but I'm planning to buy the game again on Steam. Even if codes are given out, I've spent more time with this game over the past year than any other game.

Maybe I'll pay the extra to submit a character and submit Tynan, the Hitler Game Developer?

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

beerinator posted:

Maybe I'm nuts, but I'm planning to buy the game again on Steam. Even if codes are given out, I've spent more time with this game over the past year than any other game.

Maybe I'll pay the extra to submit a character and submit Tynan, the Hitler Game Developer?

Someone really should submit Tynan, Space Racist, just to see how he reacts. :v:

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Make Space Rimworld Great Again

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
can someone make a list of recommended mods for version 13? i just got into this game and i am having all kinds of weird compatability issues

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

This is what I run and it all works together, although I get a lot of error spam on startup. A couple of sounds won't play but that's the only persistent problem I have. Sometimes saves don't load correctly and I have to quit/reload :shrug:

Additional Joy Objects v3.21 - CuproPanda
AssignableCrafting
BrainMod v1.11 - CuproPanda
Bulk_Meals
CaveworldFlora - Rikiki
Community Core Library
Community Core Library - Vanilla Tweaks
Core
CorePanda v13.3 - CuproPanda
DermalRegenerator-DermalRegenerator1.5 - Skullywag
DrierBorealForest - Kaballah
Dwarven Crafts v1.01 - CuproPanda
EdBColonistBar
EdBModOrder
EdBPrepareCarefully
Expanded Power v1.00 - CuproPanda
ExtendedMedicine-ExtendedMedicine1.2 - Skullywag
ExtendedSurgery-ExtendedSurgery1.1 - Skullywag
FishIndustry - Rikiki
Glass&Lights - Jacob814
HotCold_Biomes - Marvinkosh
K_Ish_MedievalArmor A13 - IshoftheWoods
K_Ish_MedievalWeapons A13 - IshoftheWoods
LessIncidentTrolling - Marvinkosh
LT_ADogSaid - Latta
LT_RedistHeat - Latta
Mad Skills
MapReroll
MedievalShields-MedievalShields1.7 - Skullywag
NaturalFloors-NaturalFloors1.1 - Skulywag
Oasis A13 - Kaballah
Pawn State Icons
Powerless! v2.20 - CuproPanda
Quarry v1.31 - CuproPanda
Rimsenal_hair
RT_Fuse-A13-1.0.0 - Rattys
Ushanka!
VeinMiner
xeva_hair
ZenGarden v1.30 - CuproPanda

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Flesh Forge posted:

This is what I run and it all works together, although I get a lot of error spam on startup. A couple of sounds won't play but that's the only persistent problem I have. Sometimes saves don't load correctly and I have to quit/reload :shrug:

Additional Joy Objects v3.21 - CuproPanda
AssignableCrafting
BrainMod v1.11 - CuproPanda
Bulk_Meals
CaveworldFlora - Rikiki
Community Core Library
Community Core Library - Vanilla Tweaks
Core
CorePanda v13.3 - CuproPanda
DermalRegenerator-DermalRegenerator1.5 - Skullywag
DrierBorealForest - Kaballah
Dwarven Crafts v1.01 - CuproPanda
EdBColonistBar
EdBModOrder
EdBPrepareCarefully
Expanded Power v1.00 - CuproPanda
ExtendedMedicine-ExtendedMedicine1.2 - Skullywag
ExtendedSurgery-ExtendedSurgery1.1 - Skullywag
FishIndustry - Rikiki
Glass&Lights - Jacob814
HotCold_Biomes - Marvinkosh
K_Ish_MedievalArmor A13 - IshoftheWoods
K_Ish_MedievalWeapons A13 - IshoftheWoods
LessIncidentTrolling - Marvinkosh
LT_ADogSaid - Latta
LT_RedistHeat - Latta
Mad Skills
MapReroll
MedievalShields-MedievalShields1.7 - Skullywag
NaturalFloors-NaturalFloors1.1 - Skulywag
Oasis A13 - Kaballah
Pawn State Icons
Powerless! v2.20 - CuproPanda
Quarry v1.31 - CuproPanda
Rimsenal_hair
RT_Fuse-A13-1.0.0 - Rattys
Ushanka!
VeinMiner
xeva_hair
ZenGarden v1.30 - CuproPanda

Got a zip for that?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I don't really recommend that, for one thing I'm not totally sure I don't have some damaged files because the errors I get are really bizarre and no one else seems to have that kind of stuff going on even though they're not fatal.

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Please tell me what Ushanka does :allears:

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Flesh Forge posted:

I don't really recommend that, for one thing I'm not totally sure I don't have some damaged files because the errors I get are really bizarre and no one else seems to have that kind of stuff going on even though they're not fatal.

Half the fun, the other half is not having to one by one the whole thing after I get home from work.

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Tias posted:

Please tell me what Ushanka does :allears:

Literally just adds a wearable ushanka.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Which is craftable from any sort of fabric, instead of just Only Cotton Tewks

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

This was not the outcome I was expecting when I stuck my prisoners next to the ancient ruins. I figured they'd soak up a few shots when the strike team moved in

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!

Danaru posted:

This was not the outcome I was expecting when I stuck my prisoners next to the ancient ruins. I figured they'd soak up a few shots when the strike team moved in

Did they embrace their new robot overlords?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Danaru posted:

Leave them in there for a while, see if they propose to the scythers

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

That's amazing :allears:

Turn on dev mode, see what their relative attraction is to each other

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
hi thread.

I saw the latest update and it looks like fun. What's the deal with Edb? He's splitting up his mods or something and he hasn't done one for A13? Can I use the A12 install I used last time?

Also, a couple more questions. Is there a way to scale the UI (I'm running 3440x1400 and the text is too small) and is there a mod manager yet that works? I saw that the Nexus person played it and loved it and now hosts Rimworld stuff, but their NMM doesn't look like it supports it yet. Is that right?

much love

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

Gibbo posted:

I'm not sure if this is a shitpost having followed this thread at arms length and I don't know what he's said online, but having worked with him and having worked with people who were, he definitely Isn't Like That and I didn't get bad vibes from him at all with regards to delivering what was promised/a good game and respecting the playerbase.

Rhopunzel fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Jun 21, 2016

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Aside from that he'd be pretty dumb to walk away from Rimworld just when he gets it onto Steam, they're going to make sooooo much money when it drops there.

Mr.Boofu
Mar 22, 2003
~_~
I am a little disappointed that this doesn't have a time counter. I keep coming back to this game over and over again, modding it and playing it into oblivion. I've got to be at 1000 hours.

Any modpacks anyone has been playing recently? Also has EDB been updated? The modpack I'm playing now doesn't have it and it's such a pain to keep track of pawns.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I can't find an auto hunting beacon that doesn't require a new save. There is one in Colony Manager but I've got start again to use that.

I can't bring myself to fire it up again, when I'll paint a pile of hunting targets and get engrossed in something else and then omg food shortage again for the hundredth time. Just keep hunting until you've got a fridge full of meat and then do something else while you eat some. Then go hunt again. Tynan, that is some micromanaging bullshit that make me not want to play your game.

Swedish Horror
Jan 16, 2013

Steam release and alpha 14 coming July 15th.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiFRqCvG6Q4

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Swedish Horror posted:

Steam release and alpha 14 coming July 15th.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiFRqCvG6Q4

The text changes are here:

https://ludeon.com/blog/2016/07/alpha-14-preview/

Overall this release is looking really good. I really like the amount of polish we're seeing put on pre-existing features, and the scenario system is looking good too.

Hooray we finally have decent looking torches and pre-electricity food preservation! Setting up solar panels isn't the first thing to do anymore!

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

Omnicarus posted:

Overall this release is looking really good. I really like the amount of polish we're seeing put on pre-existing features, and the scenario system is looking good too.

Hooray we finally have decent looking torches and pre-electricity food preservation! Setting up solar panels isn't the first thing to do anymore!

Excited for the steam release now - any idea on pricing?

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Mad Wack posted:

Excited for the steam release now - any idea on pricing?

30 bucks

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Has he addressed converting Alpha purchases to Steam?

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Omnicarus posted:

quote:

• Animals no longer do incest.
  • Humans now do incest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

Geokinesis posted:

Humans now do incest.

New thread title.