Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Can anyone point me in the right direction for the best created wrestlers to download for 2k16 on the Xbox One? I'm mainly talking about the Four Horsewomen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Can anyone point me in the right direction for the best created wrestlers to download for 2k16 on the Xbox One? I'm mainly talking about the Four Horsewomen.

Dre41 I believe is the creators name. Makes a lot of really good looking caws. Can't remember who all he's made but I've downloaded a bunch of his work.

And if the server is up (LOL) Just sort by "Most Downloaded" and whatever hash tag. It might take a little work to sort through but you'll find the best that way.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Supercard brought back the fusion chamber. That could be either a neutral statement or a warning depending on how much time you lost hunting fusion pros the first time around. Abandon all hope.

Anyway, I filled a slot in LLJK as Deltron, hope no one minds.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

joylessdivision posted:

Dre41 I believe is the creators name. Makes a lot of really good looking caws. Can't remember who all he's made but I've downloaded a bunch of his work.

And if the server is up (LOL) Just sort by "Most Downloaded" and whatever hash tag. It might take a little work to sort through but you'll find the best that way.

Thanks, I appreciate it

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Thanks, I appreciate it

Sure thing. I have noticed that when you do a search by "Most Downloaded" The top caw isn't always the best one. Sometimes it's like second or third from the most downloaded one, and I think that's just because the top one is probably one of the first ones posted.

Also it's really hard to find any decent looking Knockouts on Xbox live which is frustrating as hell because I'm trying to fill out my women's division.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
Anyone know how you edit managers in TEW 2016? I edited a database before starting to play, but I need to resolve a couple of "A is supposed to be B's manager in WWE, but A doesn't work there anymore" issues before it'll start. I can't find a place to edit who someone's manager is.

EDIT - wait, I think I found it in contract edit.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Delsaber posted:

Supercard brought back the fusion chamber. That could be either a neutral statement or a warning depending on how much time you lost hunting fusion pros the first time around. Abandon all hope.

Anyway, I filled a slot in LLJK as Deltron, hope no one minds.

I made LLJK open, I can kick out people who aren't active.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I haven't been able to download anything off the Community Creations in two months in Xbox One. And that's even after deleting my save and starting from scratch. Ever since the Outsiders patch, the game has been broken for me.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I've only played 2K16 for a few hours so far but all the extra frilly window dressing they've added is really neat. It's taking a while for me to learn all the new poo poo like chain wrestling mechanics and stuff and I feel like hit detection/controller responsiveness is way worse than the previous iterations so the actual matches have been pretty frustrating so far, especially trying to work through the Stone Cold timeline thing. The game legitimately just doesn't respond to button presses sometimes.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
The timeline modes are actually a pretty bad way to learn the game as sometimes the game just decides it's going to get the heat on you so it can set up the next cutscene, or that you can't do certain things because it would break the story. You're probably better off playing the career mode as Barry McJobberson, and cowering in fear of the soulless eyes of the simulacrum of Renee.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Gaz-L posted:

The timeline modes are actually a pretty bad way to learn the game as sometimes the game just decides it's going to get the heat on you so it can set up the next cutscene, or that you can't do certain things because it would break the story. You're probably better off playing the career mode as Barry McJobberson, and cowering in fear of the soulless eyes of the simulacrum of Renee.

I'll try that out. I also like that it's continued the WWE 2K tradition of a huge percentage of the roster all having the same one or two really out of place moves. In this one it seems like everyone has a liger bomb and either a tiger or half nelson suplex

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Rumors going around that WWE 2K17 story mode is based on Triple H's career and they did body scans last month including Nakamura and AJ Styles.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Gaz-L posted:

You're probably better off playing the career mode as Barry McJobberson, and cowering in fear of the soulless eyes of the simulacrum of Renee.

"So, what do you think of that last match?" :shepface:

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

KungFu Grip posted:

Rumors going around that WWE 2K17 story mode is based on Triple H's career and they did body scans last month including Nakamura and AJ Styles.

That seems like something that would might be playing until the point in his career that he tears his quad

Also these kinds of things have kind of lost a bit of their luster now that the Network is around

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Aesop Poprock posted:

I've only played 2K16 for a few hours so far but all the extra frilly window dressing they've added is really neat. It's taking a while for me to learn all the new poo poo like chain wrestling mechanics and stuff and I feel like hit detection/controller responsiveness is way worse than the previous iterations so the actual matches have been pretty frustrating so far, especially trying to work through the Stone Cold timeline thing. The game legitimately just doesn't respond to button presses sometimes.

Yeah showcase blows for learning the game. Jump into career mode and be prepared to hate Tyler Breeze because you'll be in a never ending feud with him.

Seconding the server woes. They are god awful and I don't understand how they are this broken every god drat year. I've also noticed that sometimes when I boot the game it will give me the warning that I need to re-download everything despite everything working the last time I played. Exiting to the dashboard seems to resolve it. I have the digital copy installed directly on the internal hard drive along with the dlc because I was running into that issue way more often when it was on my external drive.

Universe mode still crazy entertaining though. Farooq and Bork are feuding on Lucha Underground for some reason, and God drat Drago won't drop the loving LU title despite having his poo poo caved in by my 7ft jacked monster heel CAW at the last PPV.

Which funny enough, giants have garbage stamina.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I downloaded the new moves pack for 2K16 but they don't seem to be showing up anywhere. I made sure it was actually downloaded and restarted the game and everything. Is there something specific you have to do to add them to the movelist? I just want to give Shinsuke his spazzy corner move. :argh:

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Also lmfao Stephanie is tied for 1st in terms of overall diva rating

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Aesop Poprock posted:

I downloaded the new moves pack for 2K16 but they don't seem to be showing up anywhere. I made sure it was actually downloaded and restarted the game and everything. Is there something specific you have to do to add them to the movelist? I just want to give Shinsuke his spazzy corner move. :argh:

None of the moves are asigned to anyone? go into the movesets and check for the category that says new or DLC. They don't specifically tell you that you have new moves

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

KungFu Grip posted:

None of the moves are asigned to anyone? go into the movesets and check for the category that says new or DLC. They don't specifically tell you that you have new moves

What I mean is I'm trying to find the moves in the movelists to assign them to CAWs. I actually found some of them but I can't find Shinsukes corner spazz move at all. I'm probably just not seeing it but even when I go to all under specials and look for it I can't find it. Could just be that it's mislabeled in the video I was using about it

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Aesop Poprock posted:

What I mean is I'm trying to find the moves in the movelists to assign them to CAWs. I actually found some of them but I can't find Shinsukes corner spazz move at all. I'm probably just not seeing it but even when I go to all under specials and look for it I can't find it. Could just be that it's mislabeled in the video I was using about it

Strong Style Stomp. Move is done to seated in the corner, dunno what else to tell you

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
It's just not there. I'll have to re-download it and hope for the best I guess.

Anyway, I'm doing the career mode and it's hard as hell. I had a downloadable Pentagon Jr. but it made me reset all his stuff including moveset and entrance and he's just too weak to do much. I'm assuming you're just supposed to lose a lot once actually debuting? I maxed out speed/stamina and all that as much as I could but I'm still slow as gently caress and get winded within seconds. My character literally just stops moving or responding to commands

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I've cared about Showcase mode less and less since the Attitude Era one. The AE one was perfect, it had a good variety of superstar classic matches and one-off random matches

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Aesop Poprock posted:

It's just not there. I'll have to re-download it and hope for the best I guess.

Anyway, I'm doing the career mode and it's hard as hell. I had a downloadable Pentagon Jr. but it made me reset all his stuff including moveset and entrance and he's just too weak to do much. I'm assuming you're just supposed to lose a lot once actually debuting? I maxed out speed/stamina and all that as much as I could but I'm still slow as gently caress and get winded within seconds. My character literally just stops moving or responding to commands

Did you not get the accelerator? Because that actually really helps. And you have to manage your moves and such, you can't play this like you would previous years. Like someone else said, the game has been built to play out like WM worthy matches every time.

Be a bit conservative, use weaker moves first and you'll start to get it. Also unlocking diving moves was a bullshit design choice.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Is there a way to improve stamina in TEW?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Dropping weight should marginally improve it

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

oh no :O

Enzo and Cass just beat New Day for the titles and WWE main evented the show with Seth Rollins and Chris Jericho defeating Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose which seems like a match that is going to happen in real life soon

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

joylessdivision posted:

Did you not get the accelerator? Because that actually really helps. And you have to manage your moves and such, you can't play this like you would previous years. Like someone else said, the game has been built to play out like WM worthy matches every time.

Be a bit conservative, use weaker moves first and you'll start to get it. Also unlocking diving moves was a bullshit design choice.

Made my indie wannabe-Tanahashi douchebag really funny though, because he couldn't do the High Fly Flow until after he beat Sting at Mania.

The pacing is also why ranked online is a crap shoot. Sometimes you'll get a complete scrub and squash them immediately, sometimes a total tryhard who'll reverse everything without fail and WILL make sure he taps you out. And sometimes you get a really fun match with someone close to your skill, like I did earlier tonight. I rolled with Cesaro, they went with Seth, and it was a total PPV main event calibre match, we each kicked out of the other's finisher and reversed them a bunch as well, he got to the ropes to break the Sharpshooter, and it ended after a really tense series of nearfalls from rollups into reversals. Only issue I had was that it was nearly impossible to hit the running uppercut into the corner.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

triplexpac posted:

Is there a way to improve stamina in TEW?

Stamina improves as a worker is put into matches where they are pushed towards their stamina limit. Not enough that they are exhausted but when the road agent states that they were tiring.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
I'm running a brand split, and I swear my off-brand storylines are losing momentum when I run the other brand's shows. So like, Raw storylines will drop from B to C when I do a Smackdown. I think it's a glitch?

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

triplexpac posted:

I'm running a brand split, and I swear my off-brand storylines are losing momentum when I run the other brand's shows. So like, Raw storylines will drop from B to C when I do a Smackdown. I think it's a glitch?

I never played TEW but that looks like it's working as intended :haw:

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

triplexpac posted:

Ryland watches his forums like a hawk, you could always drop in a questions thread and see if it's intentional. Patch rate is pretty high right now (naturally) so it could be a quick turnaround.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Has anyone noticed that indy guys gain way too much overness?

For example, in my game Adam Cole is RoH's figurehead, and I'm pushing him like a god for my 1,000 attendance Michigan indy (he's also touring with NJPW) but this still seems a bit..much..

It's rather bizarre having A* angles from him cutting promos on the same show that the semi main event is Cheeseburger and Big Daddy Yum Yum going over the Darewolf PJ Black and Sami Callahan

Roderick Strong is pretty much the same deal, although WWE hired him so he's at least appeared on national TV a couple of times.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Better then the mods I had in the previous version where anyone on the indies sucked unlike anyone in WWE.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I too hate accurate mods

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

IcePhoenix posted:

I too hate accurate mods

I'm talking like just hired Kevin Owens and Finn Balor's getting E and D rankings in NXT and being too terrible to call up. Or guys like AJ Styles and the Young Bucks barely pulling in Cs on the indies while doing B and A matches in New Japan.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Has anyone noticed that indy guys gain way too much overness?

For example, in my game Adam Cole is RoH's figurehead, and I'm pushing him like a god for my 1,000 attendance Michigan indy (he's also touring with NJPW) but this still seems a bit..much..

It's rather bizarre having A* angles from him cutting promos on the same show that the semi main event is Cheeseburger and Big Daddy Yum Yum going over the Darewolf PJ Black and Sami Callahan

Roderick Strong is pretty much the same deal, although WWE hired him so he's at least appeared on national TV a couple of times.

Maybe the mod-maker was trying to give extra weight to smart fans over the general audience to represent wrestling current general status as mostly out of the Mainstream? Like, unless ROH has national TV I don't know how it could be possible for their Top Guy to have more NATIONAL overness than the entire WWE roster except John and Trips. Regional overness in ROH's home areas MAYBE, but not national.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

KungFu Grip posted:

I'm talking like just hired Kevin Owens and Finn Balor's getting E and D rankings in NXT and being too terrible to call up. Or guys like AJ Styles and the Young Bucks barely pulling in Cs on the indies while doing B and A matches in New Japan.
Note that no matter what your product is, fed size and popularity are the main determinant of the match grade spread. Meaning, a match that would get an A in the WWE will get a C in the indies, all things being equal and fans having the same expectations of product. That doesn't mean a match is better or worse, it's about the profile of the match and the drawing power of the performance / performers vs the ability of a fed to put eyes on them.

NXT in the mod is probably designed as a local-sized, Florida-based developmental fed, in which case any given main event will be outperforming to an incredible degree if it gets a C-. It's why guys high on the totem pole don't sniff the indies even when they're free agents - going out and doing C matches doesn't help you when your popularity was built on A matches (which, again, not great matches but great matches on worldwide TV).

The perceived worker problem is partly due to this effect and partly due to the fact that WWE is extremely weighted toward popularity in audience reception and partly due to the fact that most mod makers will naturally balance overness in wrestling from the top down, taking Tanahashi or Cena or the Rock at A* overness then trying to drill down and make a halfway coherent spread of indie stars, has-beens and nobodies.

Owens and Balor's matches don't suck in the game, more than likely they're fantastic, but the mod maker weighted their global overness as being on the low end of the indie elite, which is good enough for the WWE midcard at best. Virtual viewers will see a match from them, regard it as a lower card affair, and grade accordingly. Once people know who they are they will be bringing the As in spades.

Basic Chunnel fucked around with this message at 07:59 on May 31, 2016

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Actually I felt like in this guy's mod most indy workers (and a lot of guys in WWE) were hilariously terrible, so I did make a ton of edits myself. But I did not make Adam Cole and Roderick Strong the best workers in the game.

Regardless, even if they were rated A* in everything, I don't know how they're getting so over being on RoH's TV show and my YOUTUBE EXCLUSIVE monthly events.

My best match was a 'B' for Adam Cole vs Roderick Strong in a 35 minute world title match. So they're actually both more over than the best match either of them has had in the game world.

edit: to be clear they both started with like 'D' overness throughout the USA, so it's not as if they were overpowered at the start, they've both reached Bs and As after 6 months of game time though

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
I really enjoyed seeing Goldberg is the pre-order bonus for 2K17 because you know they have truly run out of bell & whistle selling points when they're touting a guy who was unceremoniously a random roster member a few years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Hogan was in 2k14, and 2k15 was sold around his inclusion.