Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Thesaurasaurus
Feb 15, 2010

"Send in Boxbot!"

Wielding his blade, Maybe. The Maybe Sword, wrenched from Maya Mathangi's cold, dead hands (or delivered to Allison's via a series of increasingly-bizarre and contrived accidents).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Thesaurasaurus posted:

Wielding his blade, Maybe. The Maybe Sword, wrenched from Maya Mathangi's cold, dead hands (or delivered to Allison's via a series of increasingly-bizarre and contrived accidents).

Or, alternatively, Allison just kills Maya and takes her sword (or unsword, or whatever) because she didn't quite manage to hear Cio and White Chain when they told her it was impossible.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Perhaps, by convincing the demiurges to walk a better path and transform themselves as people, by slaying their demons if you will, Allison will have made them demiurges no more, and thus slain them.

Or maybe that's really loving stupid and Allison needs to get with the training montages, epic setpieces, and god-slaying already.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Consider: Killing is a lie.

*Smiles in the fourth way while assuming the 12th shitposting form*.

Thesaurasaurus
Feb 15, 2010

"Send in Boxbot!"

paragon1 posted:

Consider: Killing is a lie.

*Smiles in the fourth way while assuming the 12th shitposting form*.

Case in point: Zoss.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

paragon1 posted:

Perhaps, by convincing the demiurges to walk a better path and transform themselves as people, by slaying their demons if you will, Allison will have made them demiurges no more, and thus slain them.

Or maybe that's really loving stupid and Allison needs to get with the training montages, epic setpieces, and god-slaying already.

Given how flexible the concept of death is in this comic, I'm not sure that gory heavy-metal godslaying and fruitful, in-depth therapy sessions that make the gods better people are mutually exclusive.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Darth Walrus posted:

Or, alternatively, Allison just kills Maya and takes her sword (or unsword, or whatever) because she didn't quite manage to hear Cio and White Chain when they told her it was impossible.

Jadis' prophecy mural showed Maya teaming up with Allison (maybe). It could be that she is bequeathed the sword after completing her training.

But considering the comic so far, shenanigans do seem more likely.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

The Demiurges, like the old Gods, will never be Good People. Like Zoss, they all Reached Heaven Through Violence -- that is, they seized power by overcoming strife, but did not earn it.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

wiegieman posted:

The Demiurges, like the old Gods, will never be Good People. Like Zoss, they all Reached Heaven Through Violence -- that is, they seized power by overcoming strife, but did not earn it.

Earning power is exactly what reaching heaven through violence is about. Meti's sword manual portrays it as a positive contrast to the statement "only idiots wish to become kings" - the Demiurges gained their status as a side-effect of exercising their strength and viciousness, which is better than consciously seeking to rule.

The problem is they've stagnated after wallowing in unimaginable excess and hedonism for so long, except Jaggonoth, who's spent all this time sharpening his knives instead.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Oxxidation posted:

Earning power is exactly what reaching heaven through violence is about. Meti's sword manual portrays it as a positive contrast to the statement "only idiots wish to become kings" - the Demiurges gained their status as a side-effect of exercising their strength and viciousness, which is better than consciously seeking to rule.

The problem is they've stagnated after wallowing in unimaginable excess and hedonism for so long, except Jaggonoth, who's spent all this time sharpening his knives instead.

Actually, no. Meti never said "Reach heaven through violence". That was Maya's corruption of her master's words. Meti's original words were "reach heaven by violence". There is a difference in what those imply (specifically, who is enacting, and who is receiving, the violence in question).

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

Renaissance Robot posted:

It's called patriarchy."
Oh so the villain was feminism all along.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Begemot posted:

Jadis' prophecy mural showed Maya teaming up with Allison (maybe). It could be that she is bequeathed the sword after completing her training.

But considering the comic so far, shenanigans do seem more likely.

Or Allison never has an anime montage transforming her into a universal sword master, but instead wields Maya.

NO, JAGGANOTH, THE TRUE POWER IS FRIENDSHIP. :kamina: specifically, friendship with people who can beat you up

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 04:27 on May 31, 2016

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

MikeJF posted:

Or Allison never has an anime montage transforming her into a universal sword master, but instead wields Maya.

Throw in some roses and a car and it's basically Utena.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Parts Kit posted:

Oh so the villain was feminism all along.

Is this where we get people coming into the thread outraged that the comic that has featured White Chain's struggles with gender identity acceptance has feminist overtones. Because Mottom finally made it obvious enough that it could penetrate even the thickest of skulls?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Excuse me the multiverse is ruled by three men, three women, and a... thingy, so clearly sexism is over.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost

MikeJF posted:

NO, JAGGANOTH, THE TRUE POWER IS FRIENDSHIP. :kamina: specifically, friendship with people who can beat you up

I wonder if you could forge an angel's body into a weapon? that sounds like it would be extremely illegal and also anime

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Ixjuvin posted:

I wonder if you could forge an angel's body into a weapon? that sounds like it would be extremely illegal and also anime

they already are so I'm gonna say yes

Hell Juggernaut Star doesn't even bother with forging

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Allison told her to stop the whole "we're not so different you and I" speech but she keeps on doing it. Such villainy.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Hypocrisy posted:

Allison told her to stop the whole "we're not so different you and I" speech but she keeps on doing it. Such villainy.

Next she's gonna offer to spare the Earth if Allison works for her while Allison just rolls her eyes.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

paragon1 posted:

It really is the most ambitious SU fanfic I have ever read.

Thesaurasaurus
Feb 15, 2010

"Send in Boxbot!"

Hypocrisy posted:

I don't think Mottom's actually trying to win Allison's sympathy, so much as just warn her of what's coming her way as a courtesy. I think Mottom's long past the point of giving a poo poo whether she lives or dies, and actually loathes herself in the same way Allison does, but is too set in her ways to possibly change at this point so she just wants to use Allison as one last attempt to spit in YISUN's eye.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Ixjuvin posted:

Technically angel bodies are already weapons. I think you mean a weapon that could be wielded by a human :v:

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Anything's a weapon if you use it right, or at least swing it hard enough.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Thesaurasaurus posted:

I don't think Mottom's actually trying to win Allison's sympathy, so much as just warn her of what's coming her way as a courtesy. I think Mottom's long past the point of giving a poo poo whether she lives or dies, and actually loathes herself in the same way Allison does, but is too set in her ways to possibly change at this point so she just wants to use Allison as one last attempt to spit in YISUN's eye.

everything she's said this chapter makes her sound desperately, desperately lonely. Allison's the one person in a position to actually get any of it (Mottom can't exactly have a rewarding heart-to-heart with the servant girls) who isn't also an enemy who'd spring at the chance to use any weakness she shows against her

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 05:21 on May 31, 2016

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

It really is the most ambitious SU fanfic I have ever read.

"What if everyone was Pearl"

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

There's probably already some bullshit sword-shaped angel anyways, so you could imagine that would-be angelsmiths would start by just going out in search of that.

It does kind of bring to mind an interesting thought, that maybe where's just this one unfortunate sword-shaped angel who is always being hunted down and struck down (by super powerful treasure hunters )into an angel-rock state so that it could be used as some kind of unbreakable weapon.

Then again, can rock-angels even leave the Void?

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

paragon1 posted:

Kill Six Billion Inner Demons.

She's a barista, she'll have experience listening to whining and complaining. Zoss couldn't have picked better.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Boogaleeboo posted:

Wanna see Jagganoth tie three angels end to end and use them as the universe's most badass Three-Section Staff

Quantum Toast
Feb 13, 2012

Archenteron posted:

Wanna see Jagganoth tie three angels end to end and use them as the universe's most badass Three-Section Staff
Or one angel named 3 Section Staff.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Boogaleeboo posted:

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Archenteron posted:

This gets even more ridiculous if you consider Jagganoth being influenced by his visitation as an angel using Jagganoth as a weapon.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

someone in the page comments brought up that maybe the reason she looks like a hosed up ghoul when she's among equals isn't because she's got a crappy immortality technique that makes her fall apart every few hours, but because that's what she chooses to be when she can, which yeah drat

I really like the idea that her preferred way to relax is as a grotesque fang-grandma.

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF
She's only grotesque because she's constantly terrorizing everyone around her. If she was more friendly she'd be yoda-cute.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Vote Mottom for god-empress, she's just like your abuelita

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

RiotGearEpsilon posted:

She's only grotesque because she's constantly terrorizing everyone around her. If she was more friendly she'd be yoda-cute.

Objection: first appearance

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

Captain Oblivious posted:

Is this where we get people coming into the thread outraged that the comic that has featured White Chain's struggles with gender identity acceptance has feminist overtones. Because Mottom finally made it obvious enough that it could penetrate even the thickest of skulls?
No but it is where someone can't tell an obvious joke from a serious post.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Ze Pollack posted:

Objection: first appearance

look if you had to put up with Gog-Agogs poo poo on the reg, youd be looking for an excuse to blast them too

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Yeah having to associate with someone whose theme is "Envy" sounds like a huge pain in the rear end.

Gladi
Oct 23, 2008

Mr. Lobe posted:

Hey you take that back! My grandma was way more vindictive, unreasonable and obstinate than this wannabe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Mr. Lobe posted:

Yeah, but when she hits you with la chancla you and every multiversal incarnation of you feels its sting.