Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Croisquessein posted:

Gun fans are a varied bunch, I'm sure you could tease a few rape threats out of them.

People blow stuff up and act suprised when stuff gets blowed up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gg_mQu9-S0k

More kid fails...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHs-OcIglJM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEN7MTy4fkA

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
https://i.imgur.com/IWvpoyW.gifv

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Telemaze posted:

Are they all about threatening rape and murder over silly poo poo too? Seriously asking.

“Ricky Gervais has used his power and influence to specifically target women in the hunting industry and has sparked thousands of people to call for my death, the death of my family and many other women who hunt,” her statement said.

“This has evolved into an issue about the morality of threatening human lives over disagreeing with someone else’s beliefs. It shocks me that people who claim to be so loving and caring for animals can turn around and threaten to murder and rape my children.

There's many other female hunter's who get death/rape threats for being a female hunter. Assumably because a) omg bambi! and b) women are generally seen as caring nurturers, not evil murderous hunters.

Also: content warning for dead animals in the link.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kurieg posted:

But then you look at Mighty No. 9 and Star Citizen and ?????

I mentioned it in the Star Citizen thread when it happened a few years ago, but I wrote an article on a video game site about Star Citizen's grey market (where people were selling each other the imaginary space ships they were buying for hundreds and thousands of dollars off the devs). The Star Citizen fans then responded with a 40 page threadnought about the article because it was critical of the devs for allowing that stuff and not taking measures to actually stop someone from being conned by another player into paying $1200 for a ship the devs sold for $300 on the game's official site etc. (among other silly things CIG did like banning a chick for making a "female social group" channel because "it has to be a troll").

Eventually a few the SC fans got really riled up and sent my email address on that site a bunch of "I hope you loving die you piece of poo poo" and "If I ever find out who you are I'll kill you" kind of comments because I wrote a 2 page article that was critical of a developer and its practices. Those same practices were eventually changed around a year later when Eurogamer wrote a similar article and those same people got mad. Let alone they freaked out when Forbes wrote an article saying the Star Citizen community/fans were pretty disgusting in how they would be prone to harass people who were critical of the game and its development. There was even an instance where people were on a subreddit organizing how to harass Derek Smart's wife and kids because of his comments about the game on Something Awful, as well as making a bunch of insane poo poo like a "threat assessment" of him and labeling him a threat to the public etc.

This is all over a game that's only in development and is barely playable, as well as being perpetually delayed.

Mekchu has a new favorite as of 18:25 on May 30, 2016

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Unfunny Poster posted:

I mentioned it in the Star Citizen thread when it happened a few years ago, but I wrote an article on a video game site about Star Citizen's grey market (where people were selling each other the imaginary space ships they were buying for hundreds and thousands of dollars off the devs). The Star Citizen fans then responded with a 40 page threadnought about the article because it was critical of the devs for allowing that stuff and not taking measures to actually stop someone from being conned by another player into paying $1200 for a ship the devs sold for $300 on the game's official site etc. (among other silly things CIG did like banning a chick for making a "female social group" channel because "it has to be a troll").

Eventually a few the SC fans got really riled up and sent my email address on that site a bunch of "I hope you loving die you piece of poo poo" and "If I ever find out who you are I'll kill you" kind of comments because I wrote a 2 page article that was critical of a developer and its practices. Those same practices were eventually changed around a year later when Eurogamer wrote a similar article and those same people got mad. Let alone they freaked out when Forbes wrote an article saying the Star Citizen community/fans were pretty disgusting in how they would be prone to harass people who were critical of the game and its development. There was even an instance where people were on a subreddit organizing how to harass Derek Smart's wife and kids because of his comments about the game on Something Awful, as well as making a bunch of insane poo poo like a "threat assessment" of him and labeling him a threat to the public etc.

This is all over a game that's only in development and is barely playable, as well as being perpetually delayed.

All this over spaceships

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

zakharov posted:

All this over spaceships

Imaginary spaceships, some of which are still just a .JPG image that the developers are selling to people for a few hundred dollars and haven't actually built yet.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Unfunny Poster posted:

Imaginary spaceships, some of which are still just a .JPG image that the developers are selling to people for a few hundred dollars and haven't actually built yet.

I don't know a lot about this Star Citizen thing but it sounds like a lot of people who don't understand the concept of sunk costs.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

I hope you saved those emails. I got some popcorn and am ready to read some butthurt.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nah, they got lost when I left that site. It's unfortunate but here's the thread on the official forums where they mostly acted butthurt over it for 40 some pages: https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/68600/article-by-themittani-com-exploring-star-citizen-s-grey-market

Edit - The best bit was the guy demanding I cross post the entire article onto CIG's forum for him because he refused to go to the site to read it and then the mods telling him to shut up with his constant demanding of that.

Mekchu has a new favorite as of 18:54 on May 30, 2016

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

The ''belief'' of travelling to Africa and killing lions and giraffes for sport.

alucinor
May 21, 2003

Taco Defender

Croisquessein posted:

Gun fans are a varied bunch, I'm sure you could tease a few rape threats out of them.

People blow stuff up and act suprised when stuff gets blowed up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gg_mQu9-S0k

Last lines of the last video is :perfect:

"That was a terrible idea."
"I fuckin told you, look what you did."

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

ravenkult posted:

The ''belief'' of travelling to Africa and killing lions and giraffes for sport.

/shrugs. The person or people who hunt can be practicing pagans or some other religion that involves hunting. Not to mention tourism, even hunting tourism, brings in money to places that could use it. It's a complicated situation that others can probably explain better.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Wedemeyer posted:

/shrugs. The person or people who hunt can be practicing pagans or some other religion that involves hunting. Not to mention tourism, even hunting tourism, brings in money to places that could use it. It's a complicated situation that others can probably explain better.

Thx for an explanation that could be better

Croisquessein
Feb 25, 2005

invisible or nonexistent, and should be treated as such

I'm not sure what's more off about this, the accusation that Gervais is targeting female hunters specifically, or the idea that he's directing others to do reprehensible things, because neither show in his tweets. He's against killing wildlife and posting pictures of yourself smiling next to the carcass, and says so.

I get she's upset because of rape and murder threats, but that seems to be par for the course whenever a woman gets noticed for any reason nowadays. Gervais isn't directing his hoards to attack her, he just mentioned her and the horrible turds of the world responded in their usual way. If it was a woman criticising male a hunter, I'm pretty sure a different group of turds would be sending death and rape threats her way.

Schadenfreude is me, because I keep running into pictures of this lady and her safari poo poo whenever I gis pictures of wildlife.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Snapchat A Titty posted:

Thx for an explanation that could be better

Ur walcom 😊😊😊😊😊😊

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Remember that dentist who killed a lion? I don't think he lives in the same town after that.

Croisquessein
Feb 25, 2005

invisible or nonexistent, and should be treated as such

Paladinus posted:

Remember that dentist who killed a lion? I don't think he lives in the same town after that.

Not saying men don't get crucified online as well, but he killed a protected lion, he wasn't just criticized for hunting in general.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Wedemeyer posted:

Ur walcom 😊😊😊😊😊😊

hell ya we're cool :)))

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Croisquessein posted:

Not saying men don't get crucified online as well, but he killed a protected lion, he wasn't just criticized for hunting in general.

He killed a named protected lion.

R.I.P. Cecil

Alternative pants
Nov 2, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Platystemon posted:

He killed a named protected lion.

R.I.P. Cecil

Too bad it was the guide's fault.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

stfu or it'll be your fault

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

Unfunny Poster posted:

Please please post these emails. Even if you go all "care-no-dox" on names, just post the content.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I'm interested in Star Citizen more than in a dead lion.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Professor of Cats posted:

Please please post these emails. Even if you go all "care-no-dox" on names, just post the content.

I already said it earlier but the emails got lost when my email account with that site got shut down when I stopped working there.

I linked the 30 some odd page thread of them freaking out over the article though.

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

Unfunny Poster posted:

I already said it earlier but the emails got lost when my email account with that site got shut down when I stopped working there.

I linked the 30 some odd page thread of them freaking out over the article though.

aw my bad sir!

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

I think that, on the whole, "person trying to cross a body of water and failing in a predictable way" is my favorite flavor of schadenfreude. It's all laid out for you - the intent, the reasoning, the failure - and nobody usually gets seriously hurt. You also get that sweet second level of "I thought I would look so badass doing this thing that I ordered someone to film it," which just makes it better.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Maybe this guy should try not killing endangered species for fun if he doesn't want to be criticized.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

RareAcumen posted:

Poor Weird Al. :(

Was it actually him? Or is this a hair gag.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

chitoryu12 posted:

Maybe this guy should try not killing endangered species for fun if he doesn't want to be criticized.

Yeah the guide didn't drag him out of the dentists, fly him across the world, put a gun in his hands and force him to shoot a lion.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
https://i.imgur.com/YODVMQn.webm

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

What sport is there in hunting a loving giraffe????

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

Sarcopenia posted:

What sport is there in hunting a loving giraffe????

I imagine that head shots are tricky.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

alucinor posted:

Last lines of the last video is :perfect:

"That was a terrible idea."
"I fuckin told you, look what you did."

My favourite is the one where the guy hacks three packs of expanding foam in half at once and gets it all over his face. Man that dude is hosed. Green foam beard forever.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

https://twitter.com/ClueHeywood/status/664651228949823488

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

That's not schadenfreude, that's abusing the compassion of others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Babby's first brain freeze

Dog found a fun new friend!

WarpedNaba posted:

That's not schadenfreude
Sure it is