Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

The DLC is off to a good start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Jizz into Darkness posted:

Well I spent my time wisely, got the full skellige deck.

Now theres a gwent tournament that forces me to use the skellige deck, and I have no idea how to play a deck that isn't just spy spamming.

It's not considered an acceptable style of play by most professional Gwent players, but 14 out of the last 15 Skelligan tournaments were won by whoever beat their opponent to death with the table first.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I haven't played much so far. I've done a few things, but my favorite dumb little bit from what i've done so far is:
"it's monogrammed D.L.C. what could it mean???"

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
That arena fight was rather brutal. Giant killer sonic the hedgehog.
Geralt being a dick at the party and stealing all the prizes was rather amusing. Shame about Milton. And yay, Regis the moonshiner Vampire is back!

Turds in magma
Sep 17, 2007
can i get a transform out of here?
1: this is loving beautiful

2: I will win this 3v1 deathmarch fistfight if it takes me until 5 am

dud root
Mar 30, 2008
Can I apply the patch & also DLC (from manually downloaded GOG files) to a Galaxy install ?

downloaded the updates at work because :australia: bandwidth :downsgun:

Baiard
Nov 7, 2011

it's good for you
After a few hours wandering the countryside I found the ghost of Maximus from Gladiator on his estate, including several of his lines from the movie. I was severely underlevelled so he took forever to kill.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Hahaha, who designed the quest Paperchase? I can't stop loving laughing, someone really has a grudge against petty bureaucracy!

Franz von Dada
Feb 10, 2014

A Boy and His Parasite
Holy poo poo I met an Alp and suddenly this game turned into Bloodborne.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

So I haven't touched this game since the last expansion, is this one any good? Gotta know my terrible pre-purchase decisions of the season pass was worth it.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

this isn't fair cdpr

you're not allowed to make your game continue being goty the year after it was released

let someone else have a turn

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

The Witcher 3 season pass has paid dividends in value. Blood & Wine is really good. Toussaint is amazing.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Those Drowner/Rotfiend hybrids are rather nasty. At least they're not poisonous.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
The extreme cosplay quest's encounter seems overly punishing. I had to roll constantly and abuse freezing bombs else I would die in less than a second to the casters. What good are dimeritium bombs if they don't stop spells?

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

GreenBuckanneer posted:

So I haven't touched this game since the last expansion, is this one any good? Gotta know my terrible pre-purchase decisions of the season pass was worth it.

I guess you didn't bother to read any of the dozens of posts from the past eight hours since the DLC was released.

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul

Pellisworth posted:

Also, sorceresses use magical surgery and stuff to make themselves look better. Triss is actually severely burned on her torso, and Yen is a hunchback.

i'm not sure if it's ever clear, if it is i missed it, but i've wondered if this is more magic makeup or magic plastic surgery.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Welp the tournament is bugged for me. I go to do the horse riding practice and roach is just stuck and won't move at all.

Orv
May 4, 2011

andrew smash posted:

i'm not sure if it's ever clear, if it is i missed it, but i've wondered if this is more magic makeup or magic plastic surgery.

It's explicitly resculpting their bodies, which the books say is part of why they're all kind of mean and crazy.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

cheesetriangles posted:

Welp the tournament is bugged for me. I go to do the horse riding practice and roach is just stuck and won't move at all.

Have you tried restarting the game? I had something similar happen in the base game about a week ago and restarting fixed it.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

All the horse races in the main game are broken for me since the new patch. They just randomly stop and tell me I lost even when I'm winning by miles. Also on the novigrad one there is a noonwraith that keeps spawning and attacking people even though the race is at night.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

I am absolutely dumb founded with how beautiful this expansion is. And I'm sad to see the end of Geralts journey. Been a fan of the series since release day of Witcher 1 and this expansion is hitting some very bittersweet notes.

Bluhman
Nov 7, 2009

Low morale causes the golems to dance in panic.
Roach no longer has a tail since this patch hit.

I also just got started on Hearts of Stone and ran into a Level 36 golem that had 0/infinite health? :???:

That aside hot drat they really overhauled all the UI. Feels like a proper PC game HUD now.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
My mouse is broken as gently caress so I've been playing with a controller. Thankfully this patch made applying oils during battle an allowed action. :woop:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
gently caress. I took one look at the mutation system and instantly deeply regretted all the useless mutagens I sold while playing the rest of the game. :negative:

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I'm so glad they finally added a proper set of witcher gear for alchemist players. Manticore is made for me.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Oh man I'm way behind here but all of Geralt's expressions throughout the Dudu/play quest are absolute gold :allears:

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!

Bluhman posted:

Roach no longer has a tail since this patch hit.

I also just got started on Hearts of Stone and ran into a Level 36 golem that had 0/infinite health? :???:

That aside hot drat they really overhauled all the UI. Feels like a proper PC game HUD now.

Abandon roach, fast travel somewhere, then recall roach for tail return

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Holy mother loving alchemy build is insanely good with mutagens now. The mutagen that increases your attack power according to your toxicity level has me hitting for over 8000 damage a pop it takes massive chunks out of any enemy.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Can people who had no mods installed chime in on the bug situation after the latest patch? I want to know if the reported weird horse tail disappearance, random invincible enemies, hosed horse racing etc. are things that the vanilla game also has.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

I have no mods and the only bug I've seen is after I looked at a shopkeepers wares the world didn't reload so I was trapped in weird geometry. Reload sorted it but I haven't tried looking at his inventory again to see if it was a one off or not. Otherwise all is peachy and Roach has a tail and everything is as intended!

I'm actually staggered by just how beautiful the world is, I'm getting nothing done because I keep stopping to take screenshots.

Eta: I haven't done any horse races yet, so I'll report back after I try one.

Helith fucked around with this message at 09:50 on May 31, 2016

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
Hey Palpek, what's this say?

Just found it on a notice board.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Palpek posted:

Can people who had no mods installed chime in on the bug situation after the latest patch? I want to know if the reported weird horse tail disappearance, random invincible enemies, hosed horse racing etc. are things that the vanilla game also has.

I'm on PS4 so no mods. Horse tail was there when I played yesterday after the patch hit (haven't played the DLC yet as I had to go to bed :( ) and didn't come across any invincible enemies in maybe 5 or 6 hours of wandering around killing stuff. The only thing that was broken since I last played it was the horse racing.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Hey Palpek, what's this say?

Just found it on a notice board.
"An announcement about a reward for solving the problem at the cemetary.

An announcement from the chairman of the housing cooperative about a reward for solving the problem with the noises at the cemetary. Ask chairman Charles Lanzano for info."

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
Thanks!

Weird that it's in Polish. Guess I'll accept it and hope the entire quest isn't in the wrong localisation.

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

I ran into my first super annoying bug. The cabinets in front of the destroyable wall in Corvo Bianco don't get removed with remodeling so it's impossible to find the secret room.

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
Geralt's visit to the bank. :allears:

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I played blood and wine all day and pretty much just blissed out, it's unreal how good cdpr is at this and how effortless they make it look. My regret/advice so far is that I didn't progress the quest There Can Only Be One as soon as possible, you should do so. Reason: it's a quest that tracks you showing certain virtues in other quests, by the time I picked it up I had already shown 3/5 though I don't know when, it doesn't tell you. Would have been neater to be consciously going after them and see them get ticked off one by one.

Edit: Regret 2, blowing my life's savings on upgrading the smith in hearts of stone. Grandmaster armor ain't cheap :argh:

No Mods No Masters fucked around with this message at 11:18 on May 31, 2016

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

cheesetriangles posted:

Holy mother loving alchemy build is insanely good with mutagens now. The mutagen that increases your attack power according to your toxicity level has me hitting for over 8000 damage a pop it takes massive chunks out of any enemy.

Mutagens forever :birddrugs:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Spoonhouse spoiler "all I remember is that he sold mirrors" aaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAA

and the loving musical sting confirms it

SirSamVimes fucked around with this message at 11:52 on May 31, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kim jong-illin
May 2, 2011
Looks like the new patch broke the Family Affairs quest. Triggering the fight with the Baron after he sets the stables on fire lets you get at most one punch in before a loading screen starts. You're teleported to an area in Velen near Dragonslayers Grotto for the actual fight and, once you win, a never-ending loading screen starts. Rolled back multiple saves, tried doing other questlines first, and it still persists. I'm on PS4 so it's not like I've got mods or something screwing with it.

If I ditch this save and roll a new one just for Hearts of Stone, will it let me have the fully upgraded Witcher armours plus all the potions and decoctions I've unlocked? If I have to go find them all over again, I'm giving up on this game until the next patch.