Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sadistic
Dec 1, 2004
In his image God made me ugly.
I'm using a Logitech MOMO wheel with manual sequential and using a clutch button for it is extremely awkward.

I think I'll just have to live with it till I get a better wheel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Praseodymi posted:

No praise for the Renault 5 turbo 2? It absolutely flies through the Swedish stages.
I love it. It's so nicely balanced, goes through turns like a hot knife through butter.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I've mastered the Stratos....at least it is letting me think that.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

julian assflange posted:

I've mastered the Stratos....at least it is letting me think that.

That moment when you finally swing your tail out just far enough to roll a RWD 3 times.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

I put my E30 into a ditch just before it filled in and did a perfect 360 barrel roll back onto the track. Naturally I didn't have Shadowplay installed at the time.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I rolled an Impreza seven times. It was amazing and hilarious.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

bitcoin bastard posted:

I put my E30 into a ditch just before it filled in and did a perfect 360 barrel roll back onto the track. Naturally I didn't have Shadowplay installed at the time.

I recently did that on ps4 with the Mini. I was very impressed but it was only a shakedown.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

New patch is up, mostly bug fixes including the FFB issues in rallycross thankfully. The big thing for the patch is updated visuals and handling on Pikes Peak and the hillclimb cars since the real Pikes Peak hillclimb is coming up soon.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

Is there a new league race up yet? I'm tryin to roll some cars.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

njsykora posted:

New patch is up, mostly bug fixes including the FFB issues in rallycross thankfully. The big thing for the patch is updated visuals and handling on Pikes Peak and the hillclimb cars since the real Pikes Peak hillclimb is coming up soon.

Cool, I'm glad they fixed the rain bug.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Anybody have a good, realistic force feedback profile for a G27?

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

skooma512 posted:

Anybody have a good, realistic force feedback profile for a G27?

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=581210146

This one was made by a rally driver and it feels awesome.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Hey, uhhh, my LP is back.

Wanderer89
Oct 12, 2009
Seriously, where is that VR patch already

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Is the MG absurdly hard to drive or is it just me being bad?

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Is the MG absurdly hard to drive or is it just me being bad?

It's the easiest Group B car to be good with, so I'd go with you being a bad driver.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

Until you are comfortable, the best way to approach Group B is to go ballsout in the straights but be extra careful during turns. Your times will even out well enough.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Triple A posted:

It's the easiest Group B car to be good with, so I'd go with you being a bad driver.

This hurts my feefees

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

Top Hats Monthly posted:

This hurts my feefees

Its true tho my friend. Hows the wrist?

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Whos a good youtuber/streamer to watch?

I see heaps of IRL rally dashcam vids where they are basically warp-speeding through a wormhole and Im wondering if you can even play the game like that.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

I keep trying to play DR after coming home from the bar and it turns out if I can't drive my car home on city streets, I probably can't drive a rally car on gravel. FR: Call Uber option.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

bitcoin bastard posted:

I keep trying to play DR after coming home from the bar and it turns out if I can't drive my car home on city streets, I probably can't drive a rally car on gravel. FR: Call Uber option.

I can't remember what game it was. But I recall laughing at the "wait at least thirty minutes after playing to drive an automobile" warning

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Norns posted:

I can't remember what game it was. But I recall laughing at the "wait at least thirty minutes after playing to drive an automobile" warning

I played a poo poo ton of Sleeping Dogs when it came out and the next time I got in my car I had to remind myself that we drive on the right side here in the US.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Laserface posted:

I see heaps of IRL rally dashcam vids where they are basically warp-speeding through a wormhole and Im wondering if you can even play the game like that.
I once got a copyright claim on my channel for one of my Dirt Rally videos looking too much like an IRL rally dashcam vid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81asIARaZrQ

Wanderer89
Oct 12, 2009

Great Joe posted:

I once got a copyright claim on my channel for one of my Dirt Rally videos looking too much like an IRL rally dashcam vid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81asIARaZrQ

Needs more pedal cam: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sErwofjb3To

I'll be streaming as soon as VR is back, have since put some green poster board behind my pedals to chroma-key it, but we'll see if I use it.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Laserface posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xw8DJY7aZQ

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Wanderer89 posted:

Needs more pedal cam:
eh

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

how??

is it just a game of managing the momentum? My car doesnt steer that quick with my G920 or my controller. I dont really mess with the setup of the car too much.

i have my controller sensitivity around 65 for steering with lower linearity (40?)

old cars I can do fine but group B poo poo kills me instantly. AWD is a mixed bag.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Yeah, you manage your momentum and try to make sure your car's suspension isn't jiggling around before stepping on the gas.

Big Dick Cheney
Mar 30, 2007
Loosening the differentials helps too

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Got a 10GB update. What's that about? Can't find any info yet.

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

VR update is the big part they recently announced, supposed to be today.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Phuzun posted:

VR update is the big part they recently announced, supposed to be today.
10GB for just VR support :(

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

grapecritic posted:

Loosening the differentials helps too

Seriously, this cannot be stressed enough. This game often seem to weld them by default. Makes RWD cars much more forgiving.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

since the update the game doesn't remember my native res when I exit the game and it doesn't properly change in game, always hosed up aspect ratio and blurry like its in a lower res. and all for 1/50th of my monthly quota for a feature I don't have. FECK.

Granite Octopus
Jun 24, 2008

The vr support is pretty good. They have done a great job limiting the nausea. I find project cars nearly unplayable especially for any vertical movement, but most stages that were green or orange in dirt rally were fine for me. I tried a short red stage in Finland and I had to take a break right after I finished - those jumps are way, way more scary in vr. :stonk:

When doing exterior car view they put a circular mask around the image to limit peripheral vision which I think helps a lot as well.

Granite Octopus fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Jul 11, 2016

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

I just did two quick Sweden sprints, nice improvements and the seemless UI is way better than Project Cars.

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

So the VR patch comes out today and my coworker just happens to remember to bring in his DK2 for me to borrow, how fortuitous.

Jekub
Jul 21, 2006

April, May, June, July and August fool
Borrowed a Rift off a friend on Friday, I've not played Dirt in a while now but I suspect I wont be playing much else till I have to give this thing back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
New Discord for all things gooncar: https://discord.gg/D7Gb9Z5.

• Locked thread