Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i am getting that loving monkey

also the weapon effect is really cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Really pushing people to do Zana mods it seems.

Also fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that last challenge.

edit: I see myself probably being able to get 30 of these...which is how many I got in Perandus. Consistency!

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 08:27 on May 31, 2016

climboutonalimb
Sep 4, 2004

I get knocked down but I get up again You are never going to keep me down

Awesome! posted:

i am getting that loving monkey

also the weapon effect is really cool

empty quote.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

whypick1 posted:

Really pushing people to do Zana mods it seems.

Also fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that last challenge.

edit: I see myself probably being able to get 30 of these...which is how many I got in Perandus. Consistency!

last league was my first so im still not entirely sure how hard a lot of these things will be. that is a lot of voll kills though.

but still, optimism. the monkey will be mine

JunkDeluxe
Oct 21, 2008

Tai posted:

Ice>Fire>Chaos trap build.

http://poeplanner.com/AAIAASRBQUlHQ...AhBQUFBQUE9PQAA

Not really sure what to get next past level 84. I'll be skipping chaos/fire passives till I have 2 daggers/pyre but just curious of what to spend points on now being relatively new still. Wondering whether to go +1 frenzy or passive for bandits too.

What kind of gear would you use with this?

climboutonalimb
Sep 4, 2004

Tai posted:

Not really sure what to get next past level 84. I'll be skipping chaos/fire passives till I have 2 daggers/pyre but just curious of what to spend points on now being relatively new still. Wondering whether to go +1 frenzy or passive for bandits too.

Clever construction is a very good notable and was mandatory for me in any trap/mine build I have ever played.

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009
Could see myself doing the Atziri grind and Ambrius grind.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
The overwhelming majority of those challenges aren't bad at all. I might get like, 38 or so just by playing the league.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
lmao other people have the same idea on the auto-max endurance charge generation

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1666930

wonder how 8ec + 4fc discharge (of which the latter might not be up 100% of the time) + pyre ring compares with 11ec self-cast discharge

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012
My RF IW Discharger had 7 endurance and 4 frenzy charges using Pyre and it was fine. Blood Rage felt better for getting charges than the warlords blasphemy I was using anyway. Was doing well over 10k damage discharges with just RF going, a 4 link, no iron will, no damage from tree, poo poo gear and faster casting socketed.

If I was going to do it again I would think about dropping RF because it messed with the flow a bit - it would burn mobs down and mess with my charge generation and I was one hitting packs with it anyway. Going Dresses Defiance and Acrobatics for charges instead of Warlords Mark Blasphemy felt better in the brief time I tested it also

ImsaKidd
Jul 20, 2008
The challenges that seem like they will take a while are the maps from map bosses and endgame grind, then you could skip div cards + 1 more. Can't wait for the void monkey!

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Tai posted:

Seconding the recommendation for Clever Construction, but aside from that, you're wasting two points in your pathing:

http://poeplanner.com/AAIAARxBQUlHQ...lFBUUgwQUE9PQAA

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Challenges I do not like:
200 shrines (I actually am not sure how many shrines I run into, could be fine - the rest of this challenge looks OK)
Endgame grind (Ambrius at 0.5ex a pop ~ 10 ex, less if twinned, but that takes rolling, Atziri at 8c a pop ~ 13ex, and those prices will be higher due to demand)
Maps from bosses (20% = 1500 maps needed)

Never was getting 40 anyway, so that leaves slack for 1.

Hmm...also depending on how much Atziri is in demand, might make it worth farming fragments.

lurksion fucked around with this message at 16:58 on May 31, 2016

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Atziri runs are amazingly easy though. I routinely have 5-6 sets just from random things and another 5-6 sets worth sans midnights. Just pop those into the map device and end up turning half those into full sets. If you dedicate yourself to getting them it's not that bad.

Now, can I kill Atziri 100 times in a league without wanting to kill myself, that's a question I don't know.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Vasudus posted:

Atziri runs are amazingly easy though
oh gently caress you guys

(I finally beat Atziri for the first time only just this past league, because I am Bad At PoE)

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

theshim posted:

(I finally beat Atziri for the first time only just this past league, because I am Bad At PoE)

Talisman was the first time I killed her. Late talisman. Once you learn her mechanics it's easy to break any build into one of three: this build can kill her easily / this build can do it if you're good / this build is laughably bad at her.

I don't bother unless it's a sure thing, because I too am bad at the game.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

theshim posted:

Once you've done it a few times it becomes pretty straightforward.

I haven't played in weeks/months or paid any attention to patch notes, so I'm trying to figure out what I'll be running come Friday. Juggernaut looks pretty sweet now. I did coclone and crit staff EQ last league as well as crit inquisitor stormcall, but I might find a variant that's different enough to hold my attention. I was thinking about juggernaut trypanon until I realized it was league-specific. The new sword might be okay though.

I've still never played a trapper to maps, but I also found the play style kind of tedious the bit I have played. Also haven't done spark since beta, but the chaos conversion nerf hit both of those.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
I was planning on doing non crit no chaos ice trap. Hopefully this doesn't make cluster trap be horrible.

quote:

Fixed a bug where Cluster Trap and Minefield were only reducing trap or mine damage respectively when they should have been reducing all damage.

May try and redo SRS as well since the necro changes are just loving stupid and no more awful perandus mobs killing your minions super fast.

Clarity + haste + Hatred = free 15% attack and cast speed, a level 10 purity elements, and 30% damage from Commander of Darkness. Plus vaal skills if I can fit them in.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

JunkDeluxe posted:

What kind of gear would you use with this?

consuming x2/pyre for the chaos. Other then that, life/resist etc. Carcass jack 6L (lol) eventually.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Magus42 posted:

Seconding the recommendation for Clever Construction, but aside from that, you're wasting two points in your pathing:

http://poeplanner.com/AAIAARxBQUlHQ...lFBUUgwQUE9PQAA

Yea that's a good point. I might also the elemental pierce too in the same area till I get chaos and drop those points and add it to Fangs of the Viper etc

Taking melding too for more life. Missed those life passives and they are pretty close.

http://poeplanner.com/AAIAAThBQUlHQ...VFIMEFBPT0AAA==

Xequecal
Jun 14, 2005
Does anyone know if the INT node in front of Light of Divinity is within the threshold jewel radius (medium radius) of the nearby jewel slot? While skilltree planners show the radii, the medium radius goes right through that node and I can't tell for sure if it's included or not. POEPlanner lights the node up if it's within any of the radii so that's no help. Specifically, I'm trying to figure out if Spirited Response in the Templar jewel spot will be active with this build.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
When you mouseover the jewel socket it shows the radii and highlights the nodes within those radii with differing intensity to indicate whether it's in the Small/Medium/Large radius (in descending intensity).

That INT node is the faintest, so it's not in the Medium radius. Compare that node to the three Mace nodes that are in the Medium radius and Amplify, which is in the Large radius.

edit: if that node were like 2 pixels to the left I'd imagine it would be in the Medium radius. Ain't that a kick in the pants?

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 22:40 on May 31, 2016

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

for "master craft an item" is that just using any bench to add a mod like for example rolling socket colors with vorici or adding hp to something or is it those specific mods the masters get at rank 8

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Hey, RE: the new unique jewels, the armor one lets you wear no armor on gear and have more armor than you can possibly get on gear for an Aegis Aurora build. Here's a thing:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive...BjvfO_r-AL56P4K

10 Jewel sockets so you will get 7500 flat armor from your jewels. 78/78 block with Aegis Aurora + Advancing Fortress + Anvil, and with 7500 flat armor from jewels you can avoid wearing any dedicated armor on your gear to hit 12000 (65% defenses from shield so Aegis will give around 600, ~50% increased armor on tree so over 12000 from jewels and Shield alone). Wearing good pure ES gear, you should be able to hit around 8000 ES with Discipline. The tree gets all the skill duration nodes, so you can use Blade Vortex - Increased AoE/Conc Effect - Spell Echo - Increased Duration - Controlled Destruction - Wildcard as your main 6-link. Increased Duration Vaal Clarity should be sustainable 100% of the time with the duration nodes, and you'll have Fortify with Whirling Blades (which will also cause bleed). Discipline + Hatred will probably be your auras, though Determination or Blasphemy are also solid (though realistically you can just use a Curse on Hit BV setup). I believe that you get around 30000-35000 armor with a Granite flask up without Determination, or over 50k with Determination.

I'm really not sure how severe of a lack of damage this build has. It definitely relies a bit on going crazy with the 8% increased phys damage for each hit blocked recently node. You can definitely drop 1-2 Jewel sockets (9 Jewel sockets is 6000 armor, 8 is 4800) to get Alchemist or Ghost Reaver (if your Wildcard is Life Leech).

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord
Do y'all think doing a southpaw reave build as Juggernaut would be better than doing it as Raider? I'm trying to figure out just how much attack speed you can get out of the 1% / 100 accuracy thing but I'm a bit too dumb to really figure it out.

Rashomon
Jun 21, 2006

This machine kills fascists
What does southpaw refer to in PoE? I've never figured that out. Presumably something to do with offhanding?

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

I think around 50-60% increased attack speed is feasible without gimping other important stats. On my EQ guy with the gear/passive setup I have planned I should have 6000-6100 accuracy depending on gear rolls.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Rashomon posted:

What does southpaw refer to in PoE? I've never figured that out. Presumably something to do with offhanding?

When you wear 2 different 1h weapons, and only one of them is actually compatible with the main attack you use. Therefore you get all the benefits of the non-attacking weapon without ever having to swing it (because it's usually a low damage unique with some cool bonus stats on it).

It's Southpaw because due to some glitches and bonuses that apply specifically to your offhand weapon it's usually better to put the stat stick in the main hand and the attacking weapon in your off hand.

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

Rashomon posted:

equip a weapon in offhand that can't use your skill, so you have dual wielding and only need one solid weapon for good dps

that guy said it better

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Ultima66 posted:

When you wear 2 different 1h weapons, and only one of them is actually compatible with the main attack you use. Therefore you get all the benefits of the non-attacking weapon without ever having to swing it (because it's usually a low damage unique with some cool bonus stats on it).

It's Southpaw because due to some glitches and bonuses that apply specifically to your offhand weapon it's usually better to put the stat stick in the main hand and the attacking weapon in your off hand.

I think the only scenarios where this matters is when you take the ambidexterity notable (a massive +20% attack speed bonus for your off-hand), and when using brightbeak's massive +50% global attack speed for super fast leap slamming.

However, this has fallen out of favour after they nerfed leap slam distance and buffed whirling blades speed (also whirling blades no longer desyncs like crazy). These days, I don't think there's really a reason to put your primary weapon on your offhand.

(I think I was the one who originally suggested swapping the weapon hands to ZiggyD, but that was only for the purpose of brightbeak leap slamming)

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Stuff like Reave does it too because it doesn't work with maces but weapons like Death's Hand gives sweet stats for it.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

[23:12:59] <%Rodent> You have 308 tabs.
[03:54:07] <%Rodent> You have 57 tabs.

I am a broken man

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Phobophilia posted:

I think the only scenarios where this matters is when you take the ambidexterity notable (a massive +20% attack speed bonus for your off-hand), and when using brightbeak's massive +50% global attack speed for super fast leap slamming.

However, this has fallen out of favour after they nerfed leap slam distance and buffed whirling blades speed (also whirling blades no longer desyncs like crazy). These days, I don't think there's really a reason to put your primary weapon on your offhand.

(I think I was the one who originally suggested swapping the weapon hands to ZiggyD, but that was only for the purpose of brightbeak leap slamming)

It's because there was (is?) a glitch related to how skills work with Dual Wielding. Attacks that only use 1 weapon used the attack speed of whatever your main hand weapon is, regardless of what weapon you were swinging with. This is a big deal because Soul Taker has 1.88 APS, Death's Hand has 1.5 APS, and several of the dagger bases people use are much slower.

Suppose you're using a 110-350 damage range Demon Dagger with 9% crit chance but no attack speed roll. The average damage on it is 230, and it's a 276 DPS dagger, which is decent but not great. If you use that Demon Dagger in your offhand while using a Soul Taker in the main hand, you Reave while the game thinks you have 1.88 attacks per second on your weapon, meaning the actual DPS of your dagger is 432 (on a 9% crit base), which if you wanted to buy a dagger that good you would literally have to spend multiple Mirrors. I don't KNOW if this bug has been fixed, but I assume it has been, though I never actually heard any confirmation that the bug was fixed or not fixed.

panda clue
May 23, 2014
free MTX thing that there is a limited amount of that someone posted in IRC:

https://na.alienwarearena.com/giveaways/path-of-exile-iron-brand-helmet-key-giveaway

climboutonalimb
Sep 4, 2004

panda clue posted:

https://na.alienwarearena.com/giveaways/path-of-exile-iron-brand-helmet-key-giveaway

Thanks. I'm out of town and managed to navigate the alienware website for this even though I don't know what it is.

KwegiboHB
Feb 2, 2004

nonconformist art brut
Negative prompt: amenable, compliant, docile, law-abiding, lawful, legal, legitimate, obedient, orderly, submissive, tractable
Steps: 32, Sampler: DPM++ 2M Karras, CFG scale: 11, Seed: 520244594, Size: 512x512, Model hash: 99fd5c4b6f, Model: seekArtMEGA_mega20
Channel your inner TF2 and get your free hat.

J
Jun 10, 2001

panda clue posted:

Hey cool thanks I love free poo poo.

edit: Just tested it, you can use this mtx on top of another helmet mtx.

J fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Jun 1, 2016

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
free stuff woo

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
What on earth, I'm not getting squat, "All out! There are no more keys left in this giveaway!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Odd, I just got one and it said there were ~9k left.

• Locked thread