Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

CainFortea posted:

The only reason to be in w-space is to make isk. Except a bunch of the people who live in w-space have some stupid e-bushido honor code thing about being hard core pvpers.

Sometimes I wonder if you post by using your phone's autocomplete suggestion for the next word in each sentence then just fire that baby into the ether unread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

somnolence posted:

He's in a better position now to do so later on.

Not if they dropped a citadel.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I've not killed any citadels in wormhole space, does the stuff that comes out of a wrecked citadel come from player assets, corp assets, or a mixture of both?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

I've not killed any citadels in wormhole space, does the stuff that comes out of a wrecked citadel come from player assets, corp assets, or a mixture of both?

Both I think.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

This was fun.

rgocs
Nov 9, 2011

Xolve posted:

This was fun.

The forums didn't think so. You made SA sad.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Endie posted:

Sometimes I wonder if you post by using your phone's autocomplete suggestion for the next word in each sentence then just fire that baby into the ether unread.

No, I just have a different worldview than you. So my opinions on things are different.

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:

CainFortea posted:

No, I just have a different worldview than you. So my opinions on things are different.

Thats not it.

Lets make one of those phone sentences myself!

Here to download great if design graphic cars Are play.

Okay, maybe Cain posts better.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

Thatim posted:

Okay, maybe Cain posts better.

http://i.imgur.com/N5LuFmP.gifv

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

CainFortea posted:

The only reason to be in w-space is to make isk. Except a bunch of the people who live in w-space have some stupid e-bushido honor code thing about being hard core pvpers.

Unless you live in a few select high end high class w-space corps making money in holes is absolutely not easier than it is in k-space.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Endie posted:

I did this to you by the way your dad needs to be alive so Negan can kill him properly and I will be there for a while

Huh.... My phone posts some weird poo poo.

pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

Specialization is for insects.
The fact that you are so cute and funny and cool but it was not immediately known whether to get my nails and toes crossed for you guys.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

I don't know, I've watched streams of some pretty dumb hole-dwelling idiots flying blingy-rear end poo poo to pre-arranged fights with like.. even teams and restrictions on fleet comp.

But then I don't know poo poo about wormholes, so it's entirely possible I'm the idiot.

Phone post: I don't know if you can see the same time I don't think so but it's not like that you can use the same time I was just a little bit of time to the same thing is happening in my phone and it was just a bit late but I think I don't know how it goes well for you to do it just doesn't make sense to do with the same way about you select from the following detailed information about your computer and it was just thinking about the property of decking done with my own eyes.

hailthefish fucked around with this message at 15:15 on May 31, 2016

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

CainFortea posted:

If you like nullsec roaming, w-space is by far the best place to stage out of now that citadels have removed the need to dick around with POS bullshit.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

LemonDrizzle posted:

If you like nullsec roaming, w-space is by far the best place to stage out of now that citadels have removed the need to dick around with POS bullshit.

They add their own flavor of bullshit with docking, market, cloning, and gunnery rights.

Not nearly as much bullshit, but still can be a pain in the rear end.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 15:35 on May 31, 2016

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Xolve posted:

This was fun.

*gasp*

our guys thought it was fun too, the world must be coming to an end!

Phone says it's not even funny anymore and it is the most beautiful girl in the morning to all my friends

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Kalenn Istarion posted:

our guys thought it was fun too, the world must be coming to an end!

Truly- it was the best of times, and it was the worst of times.

Also-

When you play the Game of Rifters, you win- or die.

Xolve fucked around with this message at 15:53 on May 31, 2016

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av
Also gently caress whoever thought of Calvinball for the new thread name because it reminded me:
- there are no more of these wonderful comics being made
- I have them all in various anthologies on my shelf and now I'm going to do nothing but read them for the next week

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
If you didn't have a leviathan and erebus in your fleet Xolve you are doing it wrong.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Xolve posted:

Truly- it was the best of times, and it was the worst of times.

Also-

When you play the Game of Rifters, you win- or die.

flying a 20mil t2 rigged rifter is pretty ~elite pvp~

too good to fly 1mil rifters like the rest of us?

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica
I've joined a south african corp part off TNT coalition, I see part of joining is goonfleet registration, getting Get out spai error. Any ideas if this is fixable?

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
Hopefully not for you

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica

Syndic Thrass posted:

Hopefully not for you

poo poo man I got a RML Caracal ready to go, let's go!

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Landsknecht posted:

flying a 20mil t2 rigged rifter is pretty ~elite pvp~

too good to fly 1mil rifters like the rest of us?

Well the Rifter was 5m by itself.

I fit in on the fly when Lyris reminded me we had a pending duel.

jm20 posted:

If you didn't have a leviathan and erebus in your fleet Xolve you are doing it wrong.

We were in the same fleet, so no ~elite pvp~ tomfoolery.

I even jumped out of HG Slaves for it.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Xolve posted:

We were in the same fleet, so no ~elite pvp~ tomfoolery.

I even jumped out of HG Slaves for it.

A true Honour Duel :sterv:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

bluegoon posted:

I've joined a south african corp part off TNT coalition, I see part of joining is goonfleet registration, getting Get out spai error. Any ideas if this is fixable?

You're a special case, send 1B isk to Anya Solette in game and I'll see if I can get you unbanned.

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

You're a special case, send 1B isk to Anya Solette in game and I'll see if I can get you unbanned.

I see you're offline in-game, unlike you, I actually want to fight for the coalition, would be nice to join some fleets and make a difference instead of sitting here looking at shitposting.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Also gently caress whoever thought of Calvinball for the new thread name because it reminded me:
- there are no more of these wonderful comics being made
- I have them all in various anthologies on my shelf and now I'm going to do nothing but read them for the next week

Hey I only made the reference, it's Unfunny Poster's fault that the forums are waving it in your face :colbert:

Also all of my anthologies were semi-ruined when my parents' house flooded a month ago (and might actually be ruined now because it flooded again last week). I'm sorry guys I should have taken you with me :smith:

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

hailthefish posted:

I don't know, I've watched streams of some pretty dumb hole-dwelling idiots flying blingy-rear end poo poo to pre-arranged fights with like.. even teams and restrictions on fleet comp.

But then I don't know poo poo about wormholes, so it's entirely possible I'm the idiot.

The pre-arranged fights with rules and whatnot happen in high class wormholes, not so much in low class wormholes. Hole Squad doesn't do stuff like that. What I loved about low class wormhole pvp is that it's more about scouting, ganking, and then escalating when the big guns are dropped on you.

Enemu
May 31, 2014

RhoA posted:

The pre-arranged fights with rules and whatnot happen in high class wormholes, not so much in low class wormholes. Hole Squad doesn't do stuff like that. What I loved about low class wormhole pvp is that it's more about scouting, ganking, and then escalating when the big guns are dropped on you.

To be fair, we did use to fly around blingy rear end poo poo for no reason. Like that stupid Typhoon.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Enemu posted:

To be fair, we did use to fly around blingy rear end poo poo for no reason. Like that stupid Typhoon.

Officer fit falcons on every hole.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

bluegoon posted:

lol

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

OWLS! posted:

Officer fit falcons on every hole.

Hey officer jams used to be comparatively cheap as poo poo next to other officer mods, and iirc they're still cheaper than most officer mods.

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

Enemu posted:

Hi Enemu :3:.

Yeah, but that's because we're stupid and it's fun. :v:

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

I found myself coming to the same conclusion about people in the community. Coming from a PvP perspective I used to have contempt for people who just solely rat or mined. The game is billed as a PvP game so I didn't understand why these people would just do rote poo poo work for fun. Mining wasn't engaging, it just consisted of running the lasers and then moving it to a jetcan when the cargo bay was full. They didn't even have the internalized mining bay like they do now. Same with ratters, why are they even bothering to earn money considering they are never going to spend it on anything?

Their line of thinking of thinking was totally alien. To me, PvP games are about the challenge of outsmarting the opposition. Sometimes you do so and it's awesome. Sometimes you don't and get plastered. It wasn't until I got older that it finally clicked. These people are just doing something to put their brain into something like a screensaver mode. Some people use tedious repetitive action that doesn't require much thought. My old neighbor who served in WW1 and WW2 would whittle blocks of wood. He didn't even cut them into shapes; just cut them until it wasn't possible to do so without slicing your hand. When I asked him why he did this he just said "I'm thinking" which to a 4 year old is a non-answer so I'd just go run off and play baseball. Call it meditation or whatever you want. They're just turning their brains off for a scant few minutes to disconnect from the world and processing their place in it.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

YouTuber posted:

I found myself coming to the same conclusion about people in the community. Coming from a PvP perspective I used to have contempt for people who just solely rat or mined. The game is billed as a PvP game so I didn't understand why these people would just do rote poo poo work for fun. Mining wasn't engaging, it just consisted of running the lasers and then moving it to a jetcan when the cargo bay was full. They didn't even have the internalized mining bay like they do now. Same with ratters, why are they even bothering to earn money considering they are never going to spend it on anything?

Their line of thinking of thinking was totally alien. To me, PvP games are about the challenge of outsmarting the opposition. Sometimes you do so and it's awesome. Sometimes you don't and get plastered. It wasn't until I got older that it finally clicked. These people are just doing something to put their brain into something like a screensaver mode. Some people use tedious repetitive action that doesn't require much thought. My old neighbor who served in WW1 and WW2 would whittle blocks of wood. He didn't even cut them into shapes; just cut them until it wasn't possible to do so without slicing your hand. When I asked him why he did this he just said "I'm thinking" which to a 4 year old is a non-answer so I'd just go run off and play baseball. Call it meditation or whatever you want. They're just turning their brains off for a scant few minutes to disconnect from the world and processing their place in it.

I don't get ratting either, it seems to be an activity that lacks a purpose. Buuuut when it comes to SRP I'm glad for it.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Morris posted:

Hey I only made the reference, it's Unfunny Poster's fault that the forums are waving it in your face :colbert:

Also all of my anthologies were semi-ruined when my parents' house flooded a month ago (and might actually be ruined now because it flooded again last week). I'm sorry guys I should have taken you with me :smith:

Hey, that gives you an excuse to go buy the new pretty hardcover anthologies they published in the last 5 years!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

Hey officer jams used to be comparatively cheap as poo poo next to other officer mods, and iirc they're still cheaper than most officer mods.

Love me some officer jams.

Widow for life.

• Locked thread