Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Xun posted:

Read the OP

Who does this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
there's an OP????

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!

ceaselessfuture posted:

there's an OP????

Birds
Coleslaw
Asura butt

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Erdricks posted:

Asura butt

This is the only one of those rightfully in the OP (it's my own personal easter egg to you all)

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

CLAM DOWN posted:

This is the only one of those rightfully in the OP (it's my own personal easter egg to you all)

Well how about you update the OP for a change to include the others. Huh? :colbert:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Yea, equality for butts.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall
Let's just split the difference and change the easter egg to a gif of overwatch expanding rear end

Redmanred
Aug 29, 2005

My hometown japan
:japan:
The rear end Man of Sfd

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Baron Von Pigeon posted:

Let's just split the difference and change the easter egg to a gif of overwatch expanding rear end

I'm not sure I want to know what that is..

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall

CLAM DOWN posted:

I'm not sure I want to know what that is..

If you say so

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

That's my butt every time I log in to GW2 to be fair

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
PvP Trip Report: Scrapper is still fun as hell, and using Toss Elixir X on Reapers in Shroud is one of GW2 PvP's greatest joys

E: Oh god I had some jackass Necro standing on the ledges on mid on Niflhel shooting at us, hit 10%, go into Shroud, and keep trying to poke at us. He got a faceful of Elixir X and a bad time

Magres fucked around with this message at 11:08 on May 30, 2016

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Magres posted:

PvP Trip Report: Scrapper is still fun as hell, and using Toss Elixir X on Reapers in Shroud is one of GW2 PvP's greatest joys

E: Oh god I had some jackass Necro standing on the ledges on mid on Niflhel shooting at us, hit 10%, go into Shroud, and keep trying to poke at us. He got a faceful of Elixir X and a bad time

i was on the receiving end of this yesterday and it was extremely frustrating

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Just play a real mesmer

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Dreggon posted:

i was on the receiving end of this yesterday and it was extremely frustrating

Best way to deal with it that I've seen, from the perspective of someone doing the Moaing, is to use Shroud while you've still got lots of HP. Being forced out of Shroud for isn't as big of a deal if you're not popping Shroud at 10-20% HP like most Reapers.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
I like to wait just long enough that they think it's not going to be double moa but then just kidding it's double moa.

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.
Being in Shroud also makes you take 50% less power damage (balanced by a lower life force total than your health pool, and most of your condition removal being outside of shroud) so you might want to jump in as soon as you're getting piled on. You'll also put out weakness from the Curses grandmaster.

Necros are a good focus target at the opening split in a match since they'll have very little life force built up, if any.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Adhesive Gamin posted:

Being in Shroud also makes you take 50% less power damage (balanced by a lower life force total than your health pool, and most of your condition removal being outside of shroud) so you might want to jump in as soon as you're getting piled on. You'll also put out weakness from the Curses grandmaster.

Necros are a good focus target at the opening split in a match since they'll have very little life force built up, if any.

Yeah I always call target on Necros in the opening fight and dive for them, they've got like nothing good going for them if you blast them down first. Probably the only things I'd prioritize over Necro are like Killshot Warrior and, if someone lands a good CC on them, Thief.

Really the thing that's by far the hardest to deal with is a Reaper in shroud with 100% HP. I can't Moa you for a quick kill and blowing through your whole pool of Life Force is a huge pain in the rear end. Best option is usually something like "pop Bulwark Gyro and slug it out" which is far from ideal. It's still winnable because I pack a lot of anti-Condi, but it's definitely the most iffy fight I have against Necros, where a Necro without Life Force or a Necro who waits to 10-20% HP before Shrouding is an easy win.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Magres heres the link i told you about in guild chat http://terror.rip/forumdisplay.php?8-Class-Discussion if you have any questions ask me.

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Visidan posted:

Magres heres the link i told you about in guild chat http://terror.rip/forumdisplay.php?8-Class-Discussion if you have any questions ask me.

Terror.rip is correct. That link is horrifying.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Visidan posted:

Sweet, thanks man!

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."

suicide bonbons?

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

ceaselessfuture posted:

suicide bonbons?

Is this a fatwah joke?

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Visidan posted:

These ele builds are terrible :lol:

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Yeah they try to mash together front line auramancer with back line staff ele and come out with something that won't do either well

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

ItBurns posted:

Is this a fatwah joke?

Insha'halal

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
aloha snackbar

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

pies be upon him

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

haram and cheese

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

may the lard be with you

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

AnacondaHL posted:

These ele builds are terrible :lol:

These are not pve builds.

Magres posted:

Yeah they try to mash together front line auramancer with back line staff ele and come out with something that won't do either well

That is a front line build and is fine if you don't suck with positioning and listen to your commander.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
I was going to say you won't find these builds on metabattle but they've updated a few FINALLY (infact even the ele build is up now) just with different armour choices to hit similar stat breakpoints.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

People don't know how ele works news at 11

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
Our Eles in Terror were not backline. It was the necros who did range bombs while we only ran 1-2 eles that hugged the guards.

GvG builds.

RIP 😞

DonVincenzo
Nov 12, 2010

Super Monster
The Absolute Guardian of the Universe
Friend of All Children
Meteor Shower on the top left of the wall. Big water on me.

That's all I know about Ele.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Visidan posted:

That is a front line build and is fine if you don't suck with positioning and listen to your commander.

Running Staff Auramancer frontline seems really weird to me, which is why I thought it was some weird attempt at a hybrid :shrug:

D/F gives you more auras and more defensive tech for staying on the frontline, though it does mean giving up Meteors and big water

Magres fucked around with this message at 17:23 on May 31, 2016

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Visidan posted:

Oh I'm very aware that these are WvW builds, and my comment stands (as someone whose primary mode of play is WvW).

Magres posted:

Running Staff Auramancer frontline seems really weird to me, which is why I thought it was some weird attempt at a hybrid :shrug:

D/F gives you more auras and more defensive tech for staying on the frontline, though it does mean giving up Meteors and big water

Staff Frontline actually rules, and is good enough for me to run commander tag with it, but not with the nonsense posted in that link.

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.

DonVincenzo posted:

Meteor Shower on the top left of the wall. Big water on me.

That's all I know about Ele.

Ele is hard to play because there's a lot of buttons and the game never tells you what any of them do. Oops, I need to heal.. what? I can't go into water attunement? I was just in it! Now I'm dead. That's bullshit, there was nothing I could do there!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Please post your commander frontline ele build, a bunch of us are interested in it. Unless it's a secret, ofcourse. :mmmhmm:

• Locked thread