Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

McFunkerson posted:

I bought The Witcher 3 season pass, immediately claimed the two DLCs it covers, and Blood and Wine started automatically for me, but I did have to turn my ps4 on.

On another note, my ps4 has started having problems connecting to my wifi network. More than just poor connection speeds, it actually won't connect at all. I've found the solution is to change the channel of my WiFi network and it will connect again, but it's happened twice now. Is this a sign the wifi in the ps4 is getting ready to shot the bed?

I know, the wifi card in the ps4 is poo poo and I'd be better off hard wiring it... But I'd rather not have to run Ethernet through my attic from one end of my house to the other. It is TYooL 2016 after all.

power line adaptors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

Real hurthling! posted:

power line adaptors

still aren't anywhere near as good as just dropping a cable.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Platypus Farm posted:

still aren't anywhere near as good as just dropping a cable.

hey, i'm wired up but so and so said wires were out of the question

AlwaysWetID34
Mar 8, 2003
*shrug*
What about something like this:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/netgear-n300-essentials-edition-wi-fi-range-extender/9064008.p?id=1219389046735&skuId=9064008

Which has a Ethernet port on it.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
Since I have a few hours to decide, how is the Dying Light Season Pass? It appears to include The Following and i know it was boosted to $30 around the time that came out and now it's $17. Is it good stuff?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ape Agitator posted:

Since I have a few hours to decide, how is the Dying Light Season Pass? It appears to include The Following and i know it was boosted to $30 around the time that came out and now it's $17. Is it good stuff?

game is good but not must buy unless you have a coop friend in mind, thats where it really shines

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Real hurthling! posted:

game is good but not must buy unless you have a coop friend in mind, thats where it really shines

Co-op'd all of The Following and would definitely recommend vs. solo. Too much driving back and forth across the huge map to do it alone.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So it took them long enough but Sony finally did announce that they're doing the theater thing again for their E3 press conference. Tickets become available tomorrow morning at 10am PDT. If it is anything like the last couple of years there will be some free digital goodies, including a $5 PSN credit.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

Real hurthling! posted:

hey, i'm wired up but so and so said wires were out of the question

powerline adapters are so frustrating. When I bought my house, I got a handful of them because I thought it'd be the best solution. But of course, the house is wired in a way they wired houses in the 70s, and so it works in approximately two of twelve rooms. I guess in a totally optimal situation they might be good, but I can't imagine how many of those actually exist.

Sorry, I'm bitter about powerline adapters.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Platypus Farm posted:

powerline adapters are so frustrating. When I bought my house, I got a handful of them because I thought it'd be the best solution. But of course, the house is wired in a way they wired houses in the 70s, and so it works in approximately two of twelve rooms. I guess in a totally optimal situation they might be good, but I can't imagine how many of those actually exist.

Sorry, I'm bitter about powerline adapters.

Is there a max limit on the speed I can get out of those adapters?
I have a powerline 500 mb sitecom adapter. When I had a 50 up/down network. It always gave me speeds of arround 40 mb/up. Fair enough. Now that I upgraded to 100 mb up/down. It still only gives me 40 mb up/down. I tested with my laptop hooked up directly to my modem and it gave me 90 mb up/down so the speed is there.
Is 40 mb the max? Thinking about pulling cables. But I love the ease of powerline adapters.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Sefal posted:

Is there a max limit on the speed I can get out of those adapters?
I have a powerline 500 mb sitecom adapter. When I had a 50 up/down network. It always gave me speeds of arround 40 mb/up. Fair enough. Now that I upgraded to 100 mb up/down. It still only gives me 40 mb up/down. I tested with my laptop hooked up directly to my modem and it gave me 90 mb up/down so the speed is there.
Is 40 mb the max? Thinking about pulling cables. But I love the ease of powerline adapters.

I've found it depends a lot on the quality of wiring in your house. When I lived in a flat built in the mid 1990s, my powerline adapters were super fast.

Now I live in a house built in the 1930s with old wiring, they're basically useless.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

muscles like this? posted:

So it took them long enough but Sony finally did announce that they're doing the theater thing again for their E3 press conference. Tickets become available tomorrow morning at 10am PDT. If it is anything like the last couple of years there will be some free digital goodies, including a $5 PSN credit.
Thanks for the reminder. Here is the blog post since you didn't link it
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/05/30/playstation-e3-experience-2016-announced/

and the ticket site https://playstation.com/e3experience

Not much time left to get your F5's ready, they will sell out fast since it's free and they will probably break the site too

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
PS+ Freebies for June announced. The leak was real.

NBA 2K16, PS4
Gone Home: Console Edition, PS4
Echochrome, PS3
Siren: Blood Curse (Episodes 1-12), PS3
God of War: Chains of Olympus, PS Vita
Little Deviants, PS Vita

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/05/31/playstation-plus-free-games-for-june-2016/

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

That's a really good PS3 month

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

homeless snail posted:

That's a really good PS3 month

My only complaint is I already owned Blood Curse, but I hope more people play it so we can get a PS4 Siren game. I never played one before I bought that on a whim. It does a really good job in putting horror in a survival horror game.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Rirse posted:

NBA 2K16, PS4
Echochrome, PS3
Little Deviants, PS Vita

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/05/31/playstation-plus-free-games-for-june-2016/

That sucks for PS4 but oh well, I'm still playing Tropico as it is anyway.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
That's actually a pretty good month for plus, first one of the year.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I saw Little Deviants at Wal-Mart for $35 the other day.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

RBA Starblade posted:

That sucks for PS4 but oh well

Hmmm yes, really lovely of them to be giving away the best selling sports games in North America, only barely being outsold by Call of Duty.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Really surprised they would put out a basketball game that still goes for $40, I guess 2K really needed a quick buck

lol at the umpteenth Plus Vita game that won't work on PSTV though

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

CrashCat posted:

lol at the umpteenth Plus Vita game that won't work on PSTV though

At least there's a reason for it with LD; front and rear touch required. Not like "yeah, but now we have to test it and I'm really into this House marathon on Netflix right now. :effort:"

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I might finally play Gone Home now

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

RBA Starblade posted:

That sucks for PS4 but oh well, I'm still playing Tropico as it is anyway.

How so? Really good indie game and retail sports game with dumb Spike Lee directed mode. Seems good to me.

Unrelated, I wasn't expecting Oxenfree so soon on PS4. Was Oxenfree any good?

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

In Training posted:

I might finally play Gone Home now

Yeah finally I can see for myself how this isn't a video game

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Gone Home
Homerunner
Completed the game in less than 1 minute with no Modifiers enabled. (From New Game in a single session only)

Alright, watch out SGDQ I'm coming for you.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

ethanol posted:

Yeah finally I can see for myself how this isn't a video game
I'm not sure why they even put in a "win" condition, to be honest

It should have been like a percentage of stuff viewed or something so that you would know if you got to see everything, because walking to a secret spot and clicking something to "win" is really a piss poor way to judge progress in that

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

I haven't played an NBA game in years, I'm pumped. Good month!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also I've never heard of Siren: Blood Curse chapters 1-12 before today but it sounds cool

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

CrashCat posted:

I'm not sure why they even put in a "win" condition, to be honest

It should have been like a percentage of stuff viewed or something so that you would know if you got to see everything, because walking to a secret spot and clicking something to "win" is really a piss poor way to judge progress in that

Probably because it's a funny trophy/achievement. It's like the opposite of the ones you get for clicking a button for ten minutes.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Saint Freak posted:

Gone Home
Homerunner
Completed the game in less than 1 minute with no Modifiers enabled. (From New Game in a single session only)

Alright, watch out SGDQ I'm coming for you.

With your custom title, I read this post as D.VA.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Rirse posted:

NBA 2K16, PS4
Echochrome, PS3
Little Deviants, PS Vita

drat, 2K16 for the free-ninety-nine AND Gone Home?

Guess I'll be playing some more of my PS4 this month!

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Dewgy posted:

Probably because it's a funny trophy/achievement. It's like the opposite of the ones you get for clicking a button for ten minutes.
Same reason the Xbox version has a leaderboard for "steps simulated"

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

In Training posted:

Also I've never heard of Siren: Blood Curse chapters 1-12 before today but it sounds cool

It's a remake of a PS2 game which, I believe, was helmed by one of the original Team Silent guys. The brain-jacking stuff is a pretty unique mechanic and the environments are pretty scary at times.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

univbee posted:

Hmmm yes, really lovely of them to be giving away the best selling sports games in North America, only barely being outsold by Call of Duty.

Is it? I thought it was supposed to be pretty bad.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

RBA Starblade posted:

Is it? I thought it was supposed to be pretty bad.

Maybe you're thinking of EA's NBA Live? NBA 2K (by 2K Sports) is well-regarded. 2K16 has a silly storyline mode but the basketball game itself is really good. Last month the only sports game which outsold it was MLB The Show 16, which is much newer.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Wow, unless their website is acting up, the E3 theater tickets in my area sold out in 4 minutes. I tried to get tickets for my roommate and myself, filled out the information, "an error occurred", and now it's wait list only!

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

enojy posted:

Wow, unless their website is acting up, the E3 theater tickets in my area sold out in 4 minutes. I tried to get tickets for my roommate and myself, filled out the information, "an error occurred", and now it's wait list only!
Apparently(?) the mobile site is a lot better right now for ticket registration. Thankfully I did get one in for myself in the overloaded site nonsense.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

enojy posted:

The thing was slow as hell for me and errored out a few times but it eventually let me through. Try again a few times because it might be holding tickets for people that got errored out or whatever.

I wasn't sure if I was going to go to this dumb thing again but unlike last year, one like ten minutes from me isn't sold out and last year was fun and got me $5 and some awful dlc so it really can't hurt.

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer

enojy posted:

It took me 15mins including page loads and server error screens to get through. Sucks your area went quickly.

Hint for those still trying: Hitting refresh on the error page should take you to the next step without having to go back to the lady page, even if you've entered your info.

I was on the last step for a few minutes while refreshing the firm data I submitted and it went through fine (confirmation came through a few mins later)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

axleblaze posted:

The thing was slow as hell for me and errored out a few times but it eventually let me through. Try again a few times because it might be holding tickets for people that got errored out or whatever.

I wasn't sure if I was going to go to this dumb thing again but unlike last year, one like ten minutes from me isn't sold out and last year was fun and got me $5 and some awful dlc so it really can't hurt.

Haha yea, the site got noticeably more responsive a few minutes ago. I'm planning round 2 of F5 Madness in about 10 minutes.

• Locked thread