Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Radical
Apr 6, 2011

the last two diamond fizz i laned against got trashed in lane so bad they lost their t2 mid. sometimes they find their way back into the game because the sheen + q is pretty good at picking up kills but fizz is pretty low on the list of champs i don't want to lane against mid. lb and zed are so much more annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009
Let's not gloss over the fact that fizz E costs 90 mana at level one and 130 at max rank. If you force the guy to waste E last hitting or dodging skill shots he won't have enough for his all in combo that costs ~300 mana at level 6. Iceborne helps with this but he'll still go oom if you force his cooldowns.

He's certainly not fun to play against, especially late game. But you have a pretty long window before he gets E maxed and 40% cooldown that you can slow his roll.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I feel like even at top tier play Fizz is a mild annoyance at best. I never see him in pro games and think "WOW that fizz is putting in work."

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich

Feels good to be back on KR solo queue

Translation

WTF?
REPORT UDYR GO GO GO GO GO GO
Give me your panties
GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO
Really?
GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO
LOLOLOLOLOL
This Udyr is such a loving idiot he desreves it
LOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOL
GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO

Gibberish fucked around with this message at 14:24 on May 31, 2016

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

If you watch pros play against Fizz they trash him in lane so he's always significantly down CS because he doesn't farm well under turret, and they ping him the gently caress out whenever he leaves the lane. He's a frustrating champion because he has 2 dashes built into his kit that don't require his R which I'm not sure anyone else actually has. Most champs with that much mobility need to ult for it.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
yeah like he's an annoying little poo poo, no doubt about it, but he's one of the absolute worst laners in the game and you (and your team) have to take advantage of that to beat him by making his pre-6 a living hell

and unless you're playing a passive laner yourself it shouldn't be super hard to shove him under turret, bait his E one way or another and then unload on him. obv once he gets sheen you have to be a bit more careful but that's still gonna take him a while, especially if you're pressuring him hard and denying him cs

fwiw his winrate on champion.gg is really good but if you look at his counters/skill matchups it's a mixture of champs who are tanky enough to (or have their own means to) survive his all-in, safe waveclear mages, and people who will murder him harder than he can murder them, or three unique ways of telling the funny blue fish man to suck it

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I felt bad because I played tank Fizz top lane and lost lane pretty hard and then by 30 minutes I was unkillable again and just split push forever and took 5 towers on my own.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
https://www.facebook.com/leagueoflegends/videos/10157205767880556/

new legendary skin(?) is thresh

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
It's Dark Star Thresh, and they removed it from all the FB pages because it was out early and nobody ever bothered to save the video

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
My only real midlane hero gripe is Zed and his nigh-instant throw clone -> doofy spin, but thats mainly because I play Veigar so I dont have much in the way of over-creeps harass and hes one of the few mid dudes who just lols at Rage Cage.

I still miss instant cage

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

The problem is that the answer to dealing with certain champions is 'outplay them' or 'coordinate with your team to shut them down', but those things are often dependent on other factors or may require you to simply be a better player/team than your opponent.
That's asking a lot.

Fizz is pretty straightforward to use, but will win a lot of engagements simply because of abilities being used while or just before he is untargetable -- which happens quite a lot. LeBlanc's whole kit is visually hard to track and understand without taking the time to really look into it. At a higher elo, these aren't that much of an issue I'm sure, but a lot of champs are super strong in low elo because they put a serious LoL knowledge check on their opponent.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
fizz is the undisputed master of getting super fed and then losing the game, having taken that crown from leblanc, who had that title for season 2 and season 3 but is actually good at closing out games now

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

DolphinCop posted:

fizz is the undisputed master of getting super fed and then losing the game, having taken that crown from leblanc, who had that title for season 2 and season 3 but is actually good at closing out games now

I remember that old Mejai's used to be core on LeBlanc because if you weren't snowballing hard enough to justify Mejai's you were going to lose anyway. AP Trist was in that camp too.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)
I am apparently 8-1 in my last 9 rammus jungle games. And this was my only loss - http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2200064304/232831107?tab=stats

rammus op (for me)

I am bad at literally everything else though.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

So he's basically the super galaxy big bad villain. I can dig that.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Disco Heat Thresh, cant wait for the accompanying Rengar skin.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Riot gonna make so much money with a Thresh legendary

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
men call me dark star, and i am of the night ~*

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
Talking about LeBlanc, Zed and Fizz makes me wonder just who is the most disheartening champion to play against? Just someone that makes you miserable in general

I know Nunu is up there but maybe also a good Udyr player or maybe, or possibly Eve or Pantheon

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

It's teemo because even if he's losing lane you will still chase his rear end across the map and run through a goddamn minefield

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Gibberish posted:

Talking about LeBlanc, Zed and Fizz makes me wonder just who is the most disheartening champion to play against? Just someone that makes you miserable in general

I know Nunu is up there but maybe also a good Udyr player or maybe, or possibly Eve or Pantheon

ime singed and nasus tend to elicit that pretty well because they climb up from power and farm deficits and reach a threshold where they flip the table, poo poo on their opponents, and split well enough they have to be addressed

lane bullies are like "bullshit, I shat on you all through laning, what gives?"

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Singed is definately up there once he's farmed a couple of items. He's pretty much impossible to catch and demands the attention of multiple people if you want to accomplish anything.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Gibberish posted:

Nasus can get pretty frustrating in the wrong circumstances because you leave lane once and suddenly 15 minutes of grinding his face into the dirt are erased.

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
Shaco is a poo poo to jungle against especially as an early weak jungler when you lack effective team mates

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

Nasus and Singed, just by virtue of existing, force your team to play a certain way to counter them. It's just a bonus coordination check against your team before individual player skill even comes into play. They are probably my least favorite champions in general as well, because they are all meta and almost never actually work as part of a cohesive comp.

You can't leave them alone, and to 'deal with them' you have to already be ahead in all of your other lanes.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
Nasus is incredibly vulnerable to being kited; anyone with spammable ranged slows or dashes can walk all over him with relative ease. Lulu, Zilean, Gnar, Leblanc, Quinn, and Orianna are all absolute loving nightmares for him to deal with. He also really doesn't like anyone who can do %hp or true damage; Fizz, Ekko, Fiora, Olaf, etc.

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
Real talk I poo poo on a top D1 Nasus today with Zilean. Hard counter but no one realizes it. 2 points in E and he (and his jungler with W) will never reach you.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

Gibberish posted:

I don't even understand how LeBlanc and Zed work. Something weird happens then I die.

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

Mystery Prize posted:

Nasus is incredibly vulnerable to being kited; anyone with spammable ranged slows or dashes can walk all over him with relative ease. Lulu, Zilean, Gnar, Leblanc, Quinn, and Orianna are all absolute loving nightmares for him to deal with. He also really doesn't like anyone who can do %hp or true damage; Fizz, Ekko, Fiora, Olaf, etc.

Nasus can happily sit under his tower all day, and if your top lane lets up on him for even a moment he will make up for any lost time. If the rest of your lanes aren't already ahead, he's just a countdown to doom timer.
Singed is basically the same thing -- hard to deal with, punishing to leave alone. They are a cheesey meta outside of the rest of the game and gamble against the enemy team's coordination. I guess that's fine, but my problem with them is they are not fun to play against because you have to babysit them 24/7 and you are at the complete mercy of the other lanes.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

LegalPad posted:

Nasus can happily sit under his tower all day, and if your top lane lets up on him for even a moment he will make up for any lost time. If the rest of your lanes aren't already ahead, he's just a countdown to doom timer.

See this is incorrect, and a number of much better players than I have posted a bunch about this in the thread a long time ago. Nasus is a midgame monster once he gets two items, any any significant amount of stacks simply being icing on the cake. Bullying the poo poo out of him is a valuable tactic but it will let you dominate the rest of the map because a Nasus behind the curve is p much useless till he can get stacks going. In the meantime you've taken the rest of the map and should have objective control. That's in ideal world of course.

He actually falls off late game because of his main weakness: getting his poo poo kited. He has no easy way of getting on top of the enemy carry in teamfights, and doing so will usually get you killed because you put yourself out of position. I have experienced this myself as a Nasus, especially once the ADC hits 5 items they kind of just melt you no matter how much tank you built.

Of course after a certain point Nasus also eats towers like dog treats and requires a response if you don't want to lose inhibitors, but that's an entirely different set of issues.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

LegalPad posted:

Singed is basically the same thing -- hard to deal with, punishing to leave alone. They are a cheesey meta outside of the rest of the game and gamble against the enemy team's coordination. I guess that's fine, but my problem with them is they are not fun to play against because you have to babysit them 24/7 and you are at the complete mercy of the other lanes.

I wasn't just talking about countering him in lane, I mean in teamfights too. Contrary to popular belief, Nasus's powerspike is actually around 20-25ish minutes when he finishes his core, which is usually IBG + Spirit Visage + boots. He goes downhill from there; he is not a super lategame monster unless he has spent literally 45 minutes doing nothing but farming his Q, and if you have let him do that you deserve to lose because you have not punished him for forcing his team into a 4v5. He also gets kited SUPER easily in teamfights by the people I mentioned in my last post.

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

SaffronKit posted:

Of course after a certain point Nasus also eats towers like dog treats and requires a response if you don't want to lose inhibitors, but that's an entirely different set of issues.

This is the main point I'm referring to. I understand that in team fights he has very exploitable weaknesses, but most of the nasus's I see stay in their lane and basically never leave it. That sounds like your top laner should be able to push him to tower and then go off and do other things, but as soon as a nasus is left alone he will have free reign to get stacks and obliterate towers. That's why I'm comparing him to singed, both champs often just tunnel vision their lane. They require a response, and if your team isn't coordinated or ahead enough to give a response you are kind of screwed.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
At the same time Nasus isn't an amazing escape artist, so if your top laner is even slightly mobile you can gank mid and then immediately return top for an easy kill if he tries to chunk a tower.

Rest in piece infinity carries, may your spirits live on within Veigar (who is really hilarious against certain matchups now)

Countdown until they crib from HotS and give Veigar/Sion/Nasus 'quests' that have a max limit and give you a buff once you hit it.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

LegalPad posted:

This is the main point I'm referring to. I understand that in team fights he has very exploitable weaknesses, but most of the nasus's I see stay in their lane and basically never leave it. That sounds like your top laner should be able to push him to tower and then go off and do other things, but as soon as a nasus is left alone he will have free reign to get stacks and obliterate towers. That's why I'm comparing him to singed, both champs often just tunnel vision their lane. They require a response, and if your team isn't coordinated or ahead enough to give a response you are kind of screwed.

Your response is to win the 4v5, take dragons/barons, murder him while he's all alone, and then push happily knowing that, especially the longer the game goes on and those death timers get long, he will be useless if he doesn't help his team

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Really, Nasus has been made even more irrelevant by the fact that theres a 1/4 chance his immobility will earn the enemy team a free AD/AP witchcap.

Like yeah they put a free Shiv next to him, but unless his jungler's a benevolent beast he's not likely to get it

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
But Sion's stacking health mechanic is good and fun especially as Jungle so ???

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Nasus is much, much less annoying than Singed, which basically does require a fully coordinated response from your team once he gets a few items. Extra bonus awful points if Singed builds Zz'Rot (which he should).

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

Gibberish posted:

Rengar is pretty loving awful to deal with when he gets going if you're an ADC or a squishy in general. You tend to just instadie unless you're sitting in the middle of your entire team and they know he's coming and have enough stuff up to stop him. Thankfully for him he gets giant aoe radar on top of his invis so he can gauge the situation and just walk away if you're not a free kill. He's not even particularly strong right now but gently caress Rengar.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Nasus sucks and can't actually hit anyone due to walking forward and auto attacking only being a good game plan for udyr. He can take towers super fast but you know actual good top Laners can shove waves pretty well too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Luna Was Here posted:

just embed it as a webm next time
right click on the gfycat on its page, click open video in a new tab, copy paste the link
https://giant.gfycat.com/TalkativeShyArthropods.webm

huh, i thought i tried that but it just showed up as a blank space. i probably didnt wait long enough for it to load

thank you

• Locked thread