Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Discendo Vox posted:

Does anyone have any particular bugs effecting gameplay in the beta they'd like me to report? Last and best chance here.

game won't allow everyone to choose jimmy simultaneously; please fix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Discendo Vox posted:

Does anyone have any particular bugs effecting gameplay in the beta they'd like me to report? Last and best chance here.

I don't know if you already have it or if it has already been fixed, but having to repurchase the third, fourth, and fifth alternative builds when the beta switched was incredibly lovely. I'd rather not do that again.

jbusbysack
Sep 6, 2002
i heart syd
I know this thread is primarily PC, but any tips on solo stealth levelling at 60 for xb1?

I presume its ukrainian/4stores/mallcrashers/shadow then pub?

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

You should throw Election Day into that mix too. It's not hard to stealth and should give decent XP/stealth bonus.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I have no idea what the console communities for the Crime Wave editions look like (surprised they're still around given how slow updates trickle down to you all), but yeah, Shadow Raid, Ukranian/Jewelry?Diamond Stores and the OG Banks are good basic coursework for stealth running. As long as you have a good stealth build and decent concealed and silenced weaponry, stealth can be done. But I have no idea if you can stealth with pubs better on console than PC as there is likely just as many bad players on all sides.

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
Probably jewelry store first. Shadow raid and Election Day warehouse are "built" the best to learn stealth though.

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
Console community is hit and miss. It is mainly loud. I host a lot and only stealth a few jobs.

There are some very good players on xb1. There are also the high level guys that don't know about perk decks. Surprisingly the most common players that are high level without perk decks are guys from 360 that don't even realize tier bonuses are gone.

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

Deviant posted:

game won't allow everyone to choose jimmy simultaneously; please fix.

i agree, having four different jimmies operating is not only amazing, it is also CANON

edit: though not at the same time in the movie :<

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Shuka posted:

Heyyyy so I'm level II-80 and I was wondering if its full FF or just explosives? I've never actually just unloaded into someone to see what happens and try pretty hard not to shoot other heisters so I'm unsure.

edit - thanks dawg

Not only is there no bullet FF but you can shoot right through other players, so feel free to unload into their backs to hit cops in front of them (useful if you're being revived and your teammate is taking up most of your view).

Although weirdly enough this is not true for when you have AI heisters. You still can't FF them but you also can't shoot through them. It's probably some weird thing with how NPCs work in the game.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Not only is there no bullet FF but you can shoot right through other players, so feel free to unload into their backs to hit cops in front of them (useful if you're being revived and your teammate is taking up most of your view).

Although weirdly enough this is not true for when you have AI heisters. You still can't FF them but you also can't shoot through them. It's probably some weird thing with how NPCs work in the game.

There's a real simple mod to fix that though.
http://forums.lastbullet.net/mydownloads.php?action=view_down&did=13463

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?

Skunkrocker posted:

I don't know if you already have it or if it has already been fixed, but having to repurchase the third, fourth, and fifth alternative builds when the beta switched was incredibly lovely. I'd rather not do that again.

Also, I really miss being able to name builds. Please add that back.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

clockworkjoe posted:

Also, I really miss being able to name builds. Please add that back.

You can, just click the name of it on the top right when you're in the tree for it.

Soral
May 30, 2009

Discendo Vox posted:

yeah heres one: ictv doesnt make me completely invulnerable to all damage as expected

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
I mean, you joke, but it is actually a problem that ictv+bulletproof does not fully absorb a dw sniper round, assuming I did the math right

your armor should not break from any single attack if you've got that setup, imo

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

It didn't do that with the 40% bonus which is why Yakuzazerker is not as good as it was pre-beta. They still chose to nerf it to 30%…

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?
need new menu music? Why not a Killing Floor classic?

http://forums.lastbullet.net/mydownloads.php?action=view_down&did=16372

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.
Hey. Read about update 100, what did I miss in the past 3/4 year or so?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
nothing that you can't catch up on by shooting about 150 cops

get to it

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Malek posted:

Skill beta's looking to change how skills work and its coming into the main game later today.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!

Coolguye posted:

nothing that you can't catch up on by shooting about 150 cops

get to it

Already at the level cap unless it's now 100-C.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Do you need to chase a carrot on a stick to shoot cops?

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
Some people find the climb to be legitimately fun, pd2 thread regular unknown mercenary.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Malek posted:

Were you last around before or after Crimefest?

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
Vox, can you suggest to Overkill that they'd just give complete perk decks to players instead of gating it behind exp grind?

Reasoning: Since the decks are permanent that won't be taken away even by doing infamy, leveling up new perk decks is just an annoying extra hoop for old players and even more so for new players who have lovely unmodded weapons and aren't that adept in cop-clicking to begin with. Giving access to some small bonuses right off the bat would make the start of the game a bit smoother. Hell, just making Crew Chief available from the start and then leaving the rest of the decks as is would do wonders. Dlc decks would still be behind the dlc paywall of course.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Laputanmachine posted:

Vox, can you suggest to Overkill that they'd just give complete perk decks to players instead of gating it behind exp grind?

Reasoning: Since the decks are permanent that won't be taken away even by doing infamy, leveling up new perk decks is just an annoying extra hoop for old players and even more so for new players who have lovely unmodded weapons and aren't that adept in cop-clicking to begin with. Giving access to some small bonuses right off the bat would make the start of the game a bit smoother. Hell, just making Crew Chief available from the start and then leaving the rest of the decks as is would do wonders. Dlc decks would still be behind the dlc paywall of course.

Nah, the XP gating is meant to serve a training purpose for those that already equip an incomplete deck.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Zigmidge posted:

Some people find the climb to be legitimately fun, pd2 thread regular unknown mercenary.

Merc is my crimedad & I will fight you.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!

Tempest_56 posted:

Were you last around before or after Crimefest?

I left after the skins and safes were introduced... which was around my birthday. :smith:

cis_eraser_420
Mar 1, 2013

Malek posted:

I left after the skins and safes were introduced... which was around my birthday. :smith:

well good news then, they're taking out the drills with this update so any safe that drops from now on is just a free skin

also you can just equip skin bonuses in the form of invisible weapon mods which drop randomly/from monthly jobs I think?

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Malek posted:

Okay, that's good context for what you've missed then! Quick summary time:

- All the skills are changing fairly radically, you probably noticed that.
- Microtransactions are shortly going to be dead. Again.
- You saw the initial bit of the weapon rebalancing, but probably not how it shook out. Basically, poo poo got really shaken up there. As a general rule most guns ended up doing more damage, but accuracy went down. Scales are mostly 1-100 now. High damage, single-shot weapons (like the M308 and the Mosconi/Joceline) are really REALLY good now, but a lot of guns overall are in a fairly good spot. Since basically everything does at least 39.9 damage, a whole lotta poo poo is viable that wasn't before. Shotguns got a bit poo poo on and for a while pistols were crazy powerful but things seem to have settled-ish.
- LMGs now have bipods (become stationary with restricted turning in exchange for effectively perfect accuracy/stability), and got a huge boost to their pick-up rate, so they're now super easy to sustain. Related: LMGs (and the minigun) no longer slow your movement.
- The skin-specific boosts stopped being skin-specific and now all weapons allow a Boost mod to be applied to them freely. These drop as normal mods would, and can be bought for Gage Coins in Goonmod.
- Big melee rebalance, too. Most of it got standardized, so there's a lot less variation in the weapons.
- The loadout screen got changed around a lot too - most notable is that you can now designate your top four characters played, so if your primary choice is taken you won't get assigned totally at random.
- SWAT turrets got significantly altered - fire isn't as good against them anymore, and while they're weaker now they'll drop back down into the truck to self-repair. They also use tear gas clouds if you get too close.
- 3 new characters (Bohdi, Jimmy, Sydney) and thus 3 new perk decks (Ex-President, Maniac, Anarchist)
- Related, there was a perk rebalance. Not huge, though it did nerf Grinder a little. It also made things like Gambler really good. Hitman still sucks, though it's better.
- 8 new weapons (KSP 58, Platypus 70, China Puff 40mm, White Streak, Baby Deagle, Bootleg Rifle, Heather SMG, GSPS 12G), and a new category of akimbo SMGs (Heather, Compact-5 and Krinkov). Notable as well is that there is now a free melee taser weapon.
- 11 new heists (Aftershock, First World Bank, Slaughterhouse, Lab Rats, Counterfeit, Undercover, Boiling Point, Murky Station, Beneath The Mountain, Birth of Sky, Goat Simulator)
- A shitload of masks and achievements

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Update's out and downloaded for me. 6.1 GBs but besides the new sentry model, skills, and safes, I don't know if they added anything else.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Considering its changing the blackmarket itself and that was a few gigs, this was going to be big. But of course there's also new skill trees themselves. Hopefully I finish before midnight so I can crime today. :v:

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
The blackmarket? The mods thing? What did they do to that?

SAMARIX
Jul 8, 2013
The Enforcer skill Bulletstorm got changed,

quote:

Ammo bags placed by you grant players the ability to shoot without depleting their ammunition for up to 5 seconds after interacting with it. the more ammo players replenish, the longer the duration of the effect.

Ace increases the base duration of the effect up to 15 seconds.

I think this is a lot better and might even be worth using now! :black101:

Edit: Bulletstorm also works with the RPG now.

SAMARIX fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Jun 2, 2016

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

I didn't play with the beta at all and now I need a new build. I used to play fugitive/mastermind running around at lightspeed with pistols shouting up my buddies who aren't good at shooting cops. Any traps I should avoid, and/or hilariously overpowered skills I should go out of my way to get?

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

SAMARIX posted:

The Enforcer skill Bulletstorm got changed,

I think this is a lot better and might even be worth using now! :black101:

Edit: Bulletstorm also works with the RPG now.

There is no way that isn't a bug and I really hope I get to play before it's hotfixed.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
Inspire aced also got changed. Now it works 100% of the time, but only once in 20 seconds, so you have to be sure your team mate won't just go down again to soem cloaker or black dozer.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Fine, Overkill, I'll reinstall. :argh:

Do PocoHUD and the more detailed weapon stats mods still work? Obviously not right off the heels of this update, but in general.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Laputanmachine posted:

Inspire aced also got changed. Now it works 100% of the time, but only once in 20 seconds, so you have to be sure your team mate won't just go down again to soem cloaker or black dozer.

You've got a 30 second bleedout period. It prevents one person picking up the entire team, although having two dudes with inspire should be good enough.

It is a nerf for DW, where every second does count. It's probably the best compromise, because having it be a percentage chance can lead to some very frustrating outcomes. Having it a guarantee on a timer is probably the best way to rein in the best skill in the game (and it's still the best skill in the game).

Lynx
Nov 4, 2009
Changelog is up:

http://www.overkillsoftware.com/games/update100/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Hobold posted:

The blackmarket? The mods thing? What did they do to that?

I think they meant the safes. So you don't have to buy the broke dick piece of poo poo drills anymore since they open for free.

Edit: Watched the trailer and HOLY gently caress DRAGAN I THOUGHT YOU WERE FORGOTTEN

widespread fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Jun 2, 2016