Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

But is it certified gluten free and non GMO?????

OMG it's not the purest salt on earth. In fact the gimmick is specifically its impurities jesus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

captainOrbital posted:

OMG it's not the purest salt on earth. In fact the gimmick is specifically its impurities jesus

Pink is the natural color of salt, idiot! And it's from the Himalayas where Buddhist monks live forever and poo poo.

Now I can live forever too!

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

It turns out there's a whole bunch of youtube videos about the salt challenge (eat a tablespoon of salt) or the salt and ice challenge (which can cause second degree chemical burns) because people are idiots.

I had not heard of these challenges. This one's pretty good:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNLUDptW-2c

"Press it as hard as you can."
"I'm gonna have a hole in my arm."
"Dude, that's awesome!"

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX
gluten-free salt

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

http://i.imgur.com/ukGdOCI.gifv

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Dog found a fun new friend!

Something about porcupines make dogs lose their goddamn minds! I have never seen a dog stop trying to devour a porcupine of its own volition.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Dreddout posted:

Something about porcupines make dogs lose their goddamn minds! I have never seen a dog stop trying to devour a porcupine of its own volition.

Yeah there's a bunch of photos online of dogs with their entire mouths jammed full of porcupine quills which must be horrifically painful but they all have giant dopey dog grins

http://i.imgur.com/vz5RJWr.jpg
(Linked because it'd be upsetting for dog lovers)

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Yeah there's a bunch of photos online of dogs with their entire mouths jammed full of porcupine quills which must be horrifically painful but they all have giant dopey dog grins

Bless the Maker and His water

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

It's actually very calming for them, it's doggie acupuncture.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
https://zippy.gfycat.com/DenseBackIndigobunting.webm

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

The Ring 3 looks like poo poo. No wonder they set back the release date.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Babby's first brain freeze

I almost feel bad for giggling, poor kiddo...probably the adorablest reaction ever to brain freeze :3:

CaptBushido
Mar 24, 2004

I had dogs while I was growing up out in the country and they'd get into porcupines all the time and it was actually pretty scary because if they bit it the wrong way, the spines would get down in their throats and the vet would have to put them down. Porcupines killed more of my childhood dogs than old age.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I remember seeing some nature documentary on porcupines and most predators knew to avoid them or hunt them very very carefully because it only takes a couple infected barbs to eventually kill you. Do dogs just not have any sort of fear of giant barbed spike balls?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Baronjutter posted:

I remember seeing some nature documentary on porcupines and most predators knew to avoid them or hunt them very very carefully because it only takes a couple infected barbs to eventually kill you. Do dogs just not have any sort of fear of giant barbed spike balls?

Animals in general don't tend to have a fear of things they haven't seen before.

That, and dogs are essentially mentally stunted. A wolf is like a grown-up, intelligent dog; a dog is a permanent 7 year old with the brains to match.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Baronjutter posted:

it happened to a dog I had ages ago. the dog fucks off and comes home and you take it to the vet to get a few needles out or whatever. that one went super psycho and jumped all over the porcupine and got poo poo everywhere

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

Baronjutter posted:

Do dogs just not have any sort of fear of giant barbed spike balls?

dog:

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

Punked for those weak rear end crunches

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Sarcopenia posted:

What sport is there in hunting a loving giraffe????

When emperor Commodus(161-192) killed a giraffe in the Colosseum it was seen as being very unsporting because of how awkward giraffes are. People did not object as much when he had amputees tied together and clubbed them to death while pretending they were giants. As Wikipedia puts it: " These acts may have contributed to his assassination.".

How the hell the film Gladiator failed to include any of that amazes me.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

FreudianSlippers posted:

When emperor Commodus(161-192) killed a giraffe in the Colosseum it was seen as being very unsporting because of how awkward giraffes are. People did not object as much when he had amputees tied together and clubbed them to death while pretending they were giants. As Wikipedia puts it: " These acts may have contributed to his assassination.".

he also ordered everything in the city and even the city itself to be renamed commodus

when he was assassinated all the senators breathed a sigh of relief and changed everything back

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

Gift card? :psyduck:

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

im pooping! posted:

he also ordered everything in the city and even the city itself to be renamed commodus

when he was assassinated all the senators breathed a sigh of relief and changed everything back

Correct me if im wrong but the shitter wasnt completely changed back

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Climate change is loving up the Great Barrier Reef in Australia. UNESCO studies it and concludes it's in danger. Australia complains, and has all references to Australia removed from the report.

Then the environment minister tweets this: https://mobile.twitter.com/GregHuntMP/status/737191181449207808

Absolutely nobody is buying it.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

FreudianSlippers posted:

IIRC they didn't shoot a lot of stuff like billboards with Russell Crowe's face endorsing olive oil, because the producers thought that it would have made the movie look like a satire.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Hyperlynx posted:

Climate change is loving up the Great Barrier Reef in Australia. UNESCO studies it and concludes it's in danger. Australia complains, and has all references to Australia removed from the report.

Then the environment minister tweets this: https://mobile.twitter.com/GregHuntMP/status/737191181449207808

Absolutely nobody is buying it.

Lord, this is like the US Republicans claiming that the recession was Obama's fault because it hit two months after he was sworn in.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
Wait, so it wasn't a gift card? Because that balance dived real low.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

Besesoth posted:

Lord, this is like the US Republicans claiming that the recession was Obama's fault because it hit two months after he was sworn in.

Duh! Why do you think it's called the OBAMA recession!? What our you, ratarded?!

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Jamfrost posted:

Wait, so it wasn't a gift card? Because that balance dived real low.

It's one of those walmart prepaid credit/debit cards. I have no idea if they can get overdrafted or not. But the profile pics between the initial post and the other two don't seem to be the same.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

To be fair, I also would have answered “yes” to that survey question.

Not because I am unaware of what DNA is, but because I’m bitter about all the other dumb food labels.

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

CharlieWhiskey posted:

And the best part is that someone paid $7 to have plain salt with pink iron oxide impurities shipped around the world to give the appearance of "healthy salt".

No, the best part is that the Himalayas aren't anywhere near anything that could be considered a sea. There is no such thing as Himalayan sea salt. It's just fuckin' salt, but priced probably 10x more than regular salt because, well, idiots and their money are soon parted.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

grumplestiltzkin posted:

No, the best part is that the Himalayas aren't anywhere near anything that could be considered a sea. There is no such thing as Himalayan sea salt. It's just fuckin' salt, but priced probably 10x more than regular salt because, well, idiots and their money are soon parted.

It apparently comes from this place, which you may recognise as not in the Himalayas.

Also not particularly near a modern sea, though. Geology is funny like that.

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

Besesoth posted:

Um, I'm not an American, but haven't they been doing this for like the past 8 years?

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

PhyrexianLibrarian posted:

Um, I'm not an American, but haven't they been doing this for like the past 8 years?

Remember also that 9/11 was Bill Clinton's fault and without W's strong leadership it all would definitely have been a lot worse.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

That's about the safest way you can be dumped on a jibe.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Number 1 Sexy Dad posted:

Remember also that 9/11 was Bill Clinton's fault and without W's strong leadership it all would definitely have been a lot worse.

Goes both ways. Clinton got credit for ending the early 90's recession even though it ended before he even took office.

A huge part of success in politics is timing.

Derek of the Andes
Dec 10, 2009

But is it certified gluten free and non GMO?????

Why does it say Sea Salt if it comes from a land locked country?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Derek of the Andes posted:

Why does it say Sea Salt if it comes from a land locked country?

i dunno derek, i can't read either